It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can we do Chrisians to fight of arrogant people?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hmmm: What can we do [to] fight [sic] arrogant people?

Unfortunately, arrogant people will continue to believe they are completely in control of everything -- their destiny, fate, etc. So fighting with this type will only 'alienate' their true purpose -- to teach us how to acknowledge their need for support, comfort them in their times of need and assure them they are loved no matter how irritating and annoying they come across.

Love

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. The Bible, 1 John 4:18

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Yea and it continues, just read the posts. like using the bible for a footstool, that's the stuff I am talking about..

You know how hard it is to love them? I do though but from a distance, I would probably ring their necks in person... Loving them it just doesn't penetrate them, they seem to be insensible to it.. they just cannot leave people alone..

thanks for myour advice..

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Well remember they are DEAD people...

1As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.

eph 2:1

Following the ruler of this world....

The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. (2 Corinthians 4:4)

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This is correct.. It's just like the soldiers who tormented Christ and he said that they were insensible to his love for them...

everything is grace, you are correct and that love to be found in the arrogant souls needs to be prayed for... I should of realized this from the start....

so we need to pray for these absolute wretches... and their souls

peace.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

Hey doesn't the bible also instruct 'true beleivers' to;

murder sabbath workers
murder non beleivers
murder gay folk
murder unruly teenagers
murder adulterers
murder slaves

Cherrypicking the nice bits and conveniently leaving out all the unhinged, homicidal instruction seems like a bit of a copout to me.
Also,objectively speaking of course,doesn't the first post in this thread sound a bit
'cult member esque'?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
JIT, good to see this thread bumped...

I question however the sincerity of your prayers for the "wretches"

Is it More like "smite them O Lord, and show them your wrath"?

Am I close?

[edit on 8-6-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
What is funny is that christians often forget their own arogance in fighting off the arrogance of others.

Heck many christians in my opinion are little better than the Westboro Baptist Church. Spewing hatred in Jesus's name and thinking in a holier than thou attitude untill of course the point when you point out thier pride and arrogance to them and then the story changes of course to love and peace.

Its a double edged sword, and a two faced game. This thread in particular shows the evidence of such arrogance, pride, and hatred of others.

[edit on 6/8/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
No... no.. good God.. Humility is everything.. every athiest is better then me.... I am worse then everybody and I feal like this.. no holier then thou... I suck....

when I say wretches..

I mean the ones who don't keep an open mind about God since they cannot disprove him, and then lash out at us and make fun of us... they have problems because they cannot let christians be christians..

I myself am a wretch...

peasce

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
Honestly, both atheists and Christians need to quit whining on this site. I'm about tired of the "Atheists have it so bad", or "How can we Christians prove we are better" threads.

Who cares?

Damn straight.

I'm an atheist, but i find both sides of this debate, Christians and my own kind, to be utterly arrogant and ignorant.

I'm sick and tired of seeing the same thread ideas being rehashed over and over again with the same members telling the same other members how they are better than each other because they do or do not believe in God.

WHY SHOULD A BELIEF (OR LACK THERE OF) IN GOD MATTER?

Spend less time preaching (both sides) and get out in your community. Be a good, moral person and do good things. It shouldn't matter what religion you are, if more people actually walked the walk and got out there and made a difference this world would be a better place.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

What can we do Chrisians to fight of arrogant people?

whats even funnier is that people had to actually point out how the title is in fact woefully arrogant all because the author couldn't see past himself. plank in your eye!

[edit on 14-6-2008 by riley]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join