It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can we do Chrisians to fight of arrogant people?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

Aren't you cute. That's the arrogance JIT is talking about. Let's begin.

Why does one HAVE to ask Jeshua for forgiveness?

I'd say, "Yes. That is what Jesus Himself said," but seeing as you believe the Bible was just a book written by men although you feel God talks to you through Greeting Cards (which happened to consist of Bible passages- go figure) I don't think I am going to sway you at this time.

BTW: Who is Jeshua? I ask God for forgiveness when I feel I need it. Is there a problem with that? Is Jeshua like the Pope?
Some sort of inbetweener? I like to talk directly to God. Is Jeshua like a Consigliere? Most Consiglieres are mooks. Is Jeshua a mook?

Yup. Jesus is the intercessor between God and man (I Timothy 2:5). Also stated in the Bible. But since that source is not acceptable, I'll U2U you right away once I see that passage cited in a gift shop greeting card. But before you get too excited, don't forget John 14:6-7. If you know Jesus, you know God and vice versa.

If one is trying to be a good person, God will know. WTF is "Marriage Supper of the Lamb?" Is that a sequel to "Silence of The Lambs?" Does Hanibal the Cannibal get married in this sequel?

Oops. I meant:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Kids, little kids....

This is what arrogance is... if someone ask questions sincerily then that is real humble people.

If someone says... stuff with their goofy unsincere way, that's what i am talking about.. and I am not whining... whatuknows post just made me blow a fuse... because I love God and people who (don't know if he exist or not) always call us deluded and brainwashed and so forth..

If we cannot prove God even with the 2000 years of miracles and christ miracles, then it goes both ways.. You cannot disprove him..

so this is where openmindedness comes into play..

I leave for a while and see goofiness and some good points, and as for Exitable boy..

His picture is implanted next to (un) sincerity in the dictionary... but God bless his comedy routine, I really wish he would try and understand Ashley..

The marriage supper is a parable compared to souls who show up either

1. with sanctifying grace

2. or in the state of sin

everyvbody is invited, but few show up dressed well which would represent a pure good soul... and some come unprepared and dressed terrible and they are the ones who come with a filthy soul...

anyways.... please athiest, I beg of you to stop posting threads of arrogance like whatuknows...

just let it go, you have your unbelief we have ours... just keep an open mind when posting, watch what you say and I sure am going to do the same...

I love all athiest to death btw.... and I pray for them even more then Christians..

peace.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Ashley darling...it wasn't a greeting card. You're being awfully arrogant and you made me cry!

JIT...you want me to understand Ashley? Why? You don't want me to understand her. You want me to believe what she says. BIG difference!

I believe what I believe. My faith is mine and it's unshakable!!

Kids, little kids....

BTW: This statement is quite arrogant!

[edit on 6-5-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
" this statement is arrogant "

No it is not, kids in spirit Exboy.... it is baised on your response..

as for I want you to believe Ashley, no I want you to understand her....

" my faith is unshakable "

so is mine...

peace.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
And peace to you!

Unshakable faith is a beautiful thing. It brings serenity and balance to one's life.

Hi God!

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

If you know Jesus, you know God and vice versa.

If I know God, I know God. Jesus has nothing to do with it. If it has something to do with it for you, that is great.....for you.

Ashley you should really hang out in the chat thread in the Chit Chat forum so we can talk about something other than religion.

Jesus is the intercessor between God and man

No offense, but this just sounds icky!

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

BTW: This statement is quite arrogant!

No arrogance is an adjective that refers to having excessive pride in oneself. JIT and Ashleys positions are not based purely on their personal opinions but the collective truth of thousands of years of theology. EB you presume that your personal opinion (based on nothing more than your "feelings") trumps the teachings of all the great thinkers on God throughout history. That is a perfect portrait in taking too much pride in ones own opinion. You are arrogance personified.

King Solomon addressed your situation quite aptly in Proverbs 14:12 "There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death."

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Ok then, It's a contest to determine who is the most arrogant.

If it's alright with everyone I'll shoulder the mantle of most arrogant.
I know that it's a heavy cross to bear and I pray that I'm up to the task but all I can do is try.

If there are any fingers to be pointed, point them at me, me, me.
See I'm off to a good start already!

Thank you for your support!!

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
BigWhammy.....wrong. There is a difference between excessive pride (or hubris) and confidence and serenity. I have confidence in my faith which gives me confidence in myself. These things add to my serenity. It is amazing you would try to make this somehow a negative thing!

You all keep being miserable in your faith and I will continue to bask in the glory of mine! It's good to be alive and have God by my side.

whaaa....you kill me. It's like we're having an arrogance contest, right? Who's more arrogant? You are....no you are!

It scares the crap out of people when they come across people that have true faith outside the binds and bullcrap of religion. They are very silly indeed squire!

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

BigWhammy.....wrong. There is a difference between excessive pride (or hubris) and confidence and serenity...

...You all keep being miserable in your faith and I will continue to bask in the glory of mine!

Are you familiar with what is called 'a bully complex?' Basically how they bully others in order to make their own inadequacies seem less? Now, I'm not going to challenge your confidence in your faith and will take your word for it. However, it does seem suspicious when those who claim serenity and confidence take repeated pleasure in laughing at the beliefs of others.

However, I doubt any of this will sink in so here is a video dedicated to you, EB, the consistently self-claimed victor, regardless:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Ashley, thank you for being so predictable and answering as I would expect you and your crew to answer. Again, I have to wonder why you all want people to be miserable. God certainly doesn't want us miserable.

Why do you all want people miserable? Is it because if someone does not believe what you do, they have to be miserable? Or should be miserable? It confuses you all when someone has serenity without Jesus? It makes you question your faith? Yours isn't working because you're miserable so be a hater when someone unlike you has serenity?

Whatever.....all these debates are pointless.

I'm going to keep on keeping on with my serene self!

God loves EVERYONE! Someday you all might figure that out. Instead of telling people on here what they HAVE to do in order to be "saved." You see, that is the difference between someone like myself and you all. I explain my faith but I don't tell ANYONE they should be like me or believe what I believe.

This is the core of why Atheists and non-Christians on here and anywhere else in the world are weary of your preaching and lecturing and just plain HUBRIS to tell ANYONE what they have to do to be "saved." That is playing God and that is the ULTIMATE arrogance. I do not believe one could be more arrogant than to think they, as a HUMAN BEING, can tell anyone what they HAVE to do to be "saved."

I'm arrogant?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

That is playing God and that is the ULTIMATE arrogance. I do not believe one could be more arrogant than to think they, as a HUMAN BEING, can tell anyone what they HAVE to do to be "saved."

We don't play God thats all you, we defer to him. We do not fall into the foolish error you are making. We rely on the inspired word of God, not our own self serving opinions like you do. Arrogance is thinking too highly of yourself. (see definition of arrogance) We are not relying on our own opinions alone like you. That's we defer to the Bible.

I'm arrogant?

Yes, by ignoring the wisdom of the ages, you are the epitome of someone who is arrogantly and ignorantly relying on his own misunderstanding.

[edit on 5/6/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

I'm arrogant?

Yes, by ignoring the wisdom of the ages, you are the epitome of someone who is arrogantly and ignorantly relying on his own misunderstanding.

There is the ultimate arrogance I come to expect from you all. Keep proving my point! YOU are telling me that I don't understand? What are your credentials? I only answer to God, not to you. Thus, you play God. I'll take the real One every time!

Keep proving in this thread that Christians can overcome arrogance by overcoming themselves. There's the answer to the thread. I solved the puzzle!

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

There is the ultimate arrogance I come to expect from you all. Keep proving my point! YOU are telling me that I don't understand? What are your credentials? I only answer to God, not to you. Thus, you play God. I'll take the real One every time!

Wow right over your head again? The Bible and two thousand years of theology is not my opinion. Arrogance is thinking to highly of your own understanding. We are not doing that you are.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

miserable...miserable...miserable...miserable...miserable...

I guess for your argument to hold any weight you'll need to quote someone who admitted their mission in life is to make everyone miserable or stated their desire is to see people be miserable. I don't see anyone saying any such things.

And I'll leave the rest of your post alone since it would only get us into a theology debate and since you have already made it clear you do not consider the Bible an authority.

I only answer to God, not to you.

And so does Whammy. So I guess your accusations of arrogance against him don't really matter either now do they?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

The Bible and two thousand years of theology is not my opinion.

But Bigwhammy, there are other religions that have their holy books and thousands of years of theology too. Such as the Torah and The Sankhya or the Rigveda or the Avestan, both older than the Bible.
en.wikipedia.org...

Is it arrogant to think that their holy books and theologies are just myths and writings by fools and heathens?

Or...are they the arrogant one's because they believe differently than you?

[edit on 6-5-2008 by whaaa]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Whaaa the Torah is the bible, but only the first part..

as for Exitable boy, he has an explosive yet cocky spirit..

Listen, believing Christ came in the flesh as we do... he was predicted throughout the OT Ex boy.. is not arrogance...

It's called revealed truth...

the reason God (jesus) says that we need to believe in him to be saved is because he is the only one...

Now you who say you answer to God only, as we do also.... it's just that we believe in revealed truth and Christ miracles and the 2000 years of saints miracles...

" God doesn't want us miserable "

this is the truth.. I am always happy! and will never let anyone take that away from me....

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
" the binds and bull crap of religion "

Thats baloney.... says who? you? My religion God created and he said he created a church all throughout the NT which would be my catholic faith... yet the whole focul point of our faith is love and communion...

Now for you to say it's bullcrap when you don't know for sure is exactly the arrogance I speak of...

btw it doesn't (bind) me at all, I have never been happier in my life then I have been with communion and the sacraments...

peace.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Wow right over your head again? The Bible and two thousand years of theology is not my opinion. Arrogance is thinking to highly of your own understanding. We are not doing that you are.

Not over my head Bigwhammy. Obviously over yours. You tell me that my faith is a misunderstanding? What gives YOU the authority? and I am the arrogant one? You are a walking contradiction. You seem to think quite highly of YOUR own understanding and yourself and your ability to know the truth and SPEAK FOR GOD. What's the difference? So you are defining yourself as arrogant!

So based on your definition: if one has an understanding or faith, they are arrogant. So I guess the Agnostics are the only ones that aren't arrogant then? The rest of us are ALL arrogant?

I told you the puzzle is solved. Christians can overcome arrogance by overcoming themselves!

[edit on 7-5-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

So based on your definition: if one has an understanding or faith, they are arrogant. So I guess the Agnostics are the only ones that aren't arrogant then? The rest of us are ALL arrogant?

Amen to that brother!

We agnostics believe that it's quite impossible to either prove or disprove the existence of "God".
As such we believe that "God's" existence is irrelevant and subsequently tend to be be free from the arrogance that blind faith instills in people.

I also think it's fair to say that Agnostics with an interest in spiritual matters tend to be much more objective and willing to concede points than either Theists or Atheists.
The constant bickering on ATS by these two diametrically opposed viewpoints stands testament to that.

It is just that which has lead me to become a mere observer on such threads here on ATS, there is an inherent unwillingness to consider the opponents viewpoint, despite how reasoned it maybe.

A shame, because clearly there are quite a few, intelligent, informed individuals, on both sides, who have much to contribute.

[edit on 7/5/08 by Freeborn]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join