It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can we do Chrisians to fight of arrogant people?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

To the OP,

Your questions asks about what Christians can do to fight off arrogant people... One, very simple answer. Evidence. Evidence is the enemy of arrogance, especially good evidence that is extremely hard to refute. So, bring it forward. Bring forward your evidence and arrogant Atheists will surely back off and admit defeat.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUncleSam
Honestly I did not read much more than the title... We don't do anything with arrogant people... If you plant a seed then let it grow, don't force anything on anyone and turn the other cheek... Is this really so hard to understand?

You're my new hero.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheB1ueSoldier

Your questions asks about what Christians can do to fight off arrogant people... One, very simple answer. Evidence. Evidence is the enemy of arrogance, especially good evidence that is extremely hard to refute. So, bring it forward. Bring forward your evidence and arrogant Atheists will surely back off and admit defeat.

Hmmm, I wonder...

If you mean this sincerely you may be beginning a rather exciting journey.

Check this out, for instance:

video.google.co.uk...

(NDEs - near death experiences)

Here's something else if you're a thoughtful reader:

www.worldinvisible.com...

All the best.

Edit: added bracketed text, to clarify which video from the list, as it appears Google video no longer allows you to link to a specific video. (It's the one that starts with a blue screen.)

[edit on 3/5/08 by pause4thought]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
edit double post

[edit on 4-5-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

puase 4 thought, you see your response to madness teaches me alot because you still said..
peace.

Hi Jit, allow me to introduce myself, I am the pain in maddness neck and have been at this with the "arrogant" ones a long time. JJ can teach you a lot about them but if you like you can go to school on me
www.belowtopsecret.com...

I am arguably the most maverick Christian on these boards from what I am told and have learned a great deal and still am.

as for those pointing fingers at arrogance, you will find most Christians admit they are a very flawed people. Just count the times you see Atheists making derogatory threads about Christians in relation to the Christians made about them. Count the number of apologies made by Christians to atheists and vice versa. Count the times you see Christians admiting they are wrong to Atheists and Vice versa.

I have already done this and I know what arrogance is and I like to save the best of arrogance by the most vocal just to give you an example.

if you copy paste these to your search you will find the threads and see theyare in the context you see them as they rotate before your eyes.

So you see, many times, even when you are drop dead correct about something, even when you prove a thing, some simply do not care and the whole time was nothing but a waste of time we think.

Or was it?

We may just be a link in a long chain of events that someday crack the hardness of the heart so the next may lead the hard case to the lord.

I got lots to learn and they are right the arrogance is both ways but I know Ive apologised to them and have admitted being wrong. That isn't something I can say I have ever seen from one.

I have seen what maddness has said to you,, and their is no one who knows that one as I do. Still I say he wouldn't be here talkin about Christ and religion if he wasn't begging to have one of us tell him in a way he finally understands.

I may not know why God would want him but I figure he must want em pretty bad to send me here because if it's spirtual warfare in a mortal plane, then im one special forces sob and I don't quit on hard cases.

Hell I still don't know why he sent his son to pour out his heart in blood for me. What kind of father does that. What kind of God would do that for me?

The same one that did it for maddness, regardless of how we mess it up

and regardless what I think, mad thinks or doesn't think.

God loves him too, yeah,,

even you madness

even you

- Con

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
WOW! It's amazing the amount of time people have on their hands. We could all do the same with your words Con. YOU of all people.

I admit I didn't realize there was anything in the Bible regarding 666 back when I posted that. Then I found it myself and ADMITTED MY ERROR. Why don't you post where I admitted my error? Oh that's right, that wouldn't fit with your anger-laced arrogant agenda.

I personally don't believe in the Bible so it doesn't matter to me if it is in there or not. I just wanted the Bible thumpers to tell me where it was in the Bible to back up there own claims about 666. I wanted to know where it came from with regards to Christians. My message has always been and always will be quite consistent on here. I am not a Christian and I don't believe the words written by men to control men. I have faith and I have God. I need no more.

My relationship with God has nothing to do with you Con or anyone else here or anyone else in the world. You are the eptiome of arrogance on this site Con and you know it and you thrive on it. I think you need to spend less time trying to find bits and pieces of people's posts and putting them together for your own arrogant whims and start working on yourself. People that live in glass houses......

Con: You are BY FAR the most hate-filled and arrogant individual on this site! And, in re-reading some of YOUR posts, quite delusional and paranoid. Perhaps bordering on or not bordering on paranoid schyzophrenia.....

You are certainly someone we should all listen to as an authority on anything. Why have you been spanked so many times by the moderators? Is it because you are a nice, love-filled Christian?

[edit on 4-5-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Here Con...this is for you:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Okay.....

Revelations 13:18

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

source: Bible Concordance from King James version

So there IS mention of 666 in the Bible and that it is, according to the Bible which was written by men, the number of the beast.

I'm the one that found this in my own thread Conny.....You didn't mention this in your lovely little text slide show. Why not?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Hi there.

I'm convinced you have people's best interests at heart. However we do all make mistakes, and it doesn't necessarily do anyone any good to throw it back in their faces, much less to keep rubbing it in.

Excitable_Boy has admitted he made an error - i.e. he has publicly swallowed his pride - which we can all fall into if we're not careful - and shown some humility, the opposite of arrogance, which is the challenge of this thread.

Maybe it's time to let bygones be bygones and just respond to each others points on their own merit. Consequently people who don't necessarily agree with you may find it easier to listen to your arguments. It might give the mods a bit of a rest too.

Best wishes.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
WOW! It's amazing the amount of time people have on their hands. We could all do the same with your words Con. YOU of all people.
I admit I didn't realize there was anything in the Bible regarding 666 back when I posted that.

Ok

Then I found it myself and ADMITTED MY ERROR. Why don't you post where I admitted my error? Oh that's right, that wouldn't fit with your anger-laced arrogant agenda.

I did, it's in the gif image where it says "there IS a 666 in the bible"

I personally don't believe in the Bible so it doesn't matter to me if it is in there or not.

Mmmm that didn't stop you from demanding one of us prove it to you, then again we all kinda figured you were just having us jump through hoops at the time and figured if we didn't satisfy your requests, you couldn't resist admiting you knew all along. I mean after all you kind of over did it with the numerous requests.

I just wanted the Bible thumpers to tell me where it was in the Bible to back up there own claims about 666.

yeah, I got that you were looking for an argument.

I wanted to know where it came from with regards to Christians.

mmmm not according to the title of the thread. You wanted to tell us what YOU thought it meant.

My message has always been and always will be quite consistent on here.

(head shaken like a cartoon) Huh!?!?

I am not a Christian

Ya don't say,,

and I don't believe the words written by men to control men.

so,,,words written by men to control men, you don't believe in?
like "caution, STOP, Thin Ice, Mine Field, Fatal No Antidote, Harmful if swallowed, Bio Hazzard, Beware of Dog,"

My relationship with God has nothing to do with you Con or anyone else here or anyone else in the world.

Then why did you make a thread and tell us about it? I guess asking you how one meets your God is out of the question then eh?

You are the eptiome of arrogance on this site Con and you know it and you thrive on it.

Opinions vary,,

I think you need to spend less time trying to find bits and pieces of people's posts and putting them together for your own arrogant whims and start working on yourself. People that live in glass houses......

I haven't said a thing about you excitable boy,, your quotes say it all and isn't THAT what you have a problem with? I quote people here every day and they quote me everyday. If you don't like seeing what you say, perhaps you shouldn't post because people quote others here and some even use them for sigs.

Con: You are BY FAR the most hate-filled and arrogant individuals on this site!

Well one thing Ill never do, and that's argue with a mind reader.

And, in re-reading some of YOUR posts, quite delusional and paranoid. Perhaps bordering on or not bordering on paranoid schyzophrenia

I love my complex,,
so does my shrink

You are certainly someone we should all listen to as an authority on anything.

Why Thank you!

Why have you been spanked so many times by the moderators?

I keep trurning the other cheek??

Is it because you are a nice, love-filled Christian?

No,, I think it's got to do with a fetish, oh and my pretty butt

- Love Con

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I guess asking you how one meets your God is out of the question then eh?

My God?
There is only one God. He's not just mine, he is everyone's. I have no problem with you being Pagan and believing in more than one god. I accept all beliefs.

If you want to meet God, you'll have to take that up with Him. I think one may have to do the dirt dive to have that opportunity however....

haven't said a thing about you excitable boy,, your quotes say it all and isn't THAT what you have a problem with? I quote people here every day and they quote me everyday. If you don't like seeing what you say, perhaps you shouldn't post because people quote others here and some even use them for sigs.

When you quote someone, why not do it in context? Or at least share the whole story. Don't leave things out to suit your agendas. That is quite weak.

edit: to edit my first paragraph as Con has trouble with the English language. Con, does this make more sense for you now?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought

Maybe it's time to let bygones be bygones and just respond to each others points on their own merit. Consequently people who don't necessarily agree with you may find it easier to listen to your arguments. It might give the mods a bit of a rest too.

Best wishes.

P4T Re- read my post then read excitable boys again, seriously, it wasn't I saying who is the most hated on this site, it wasn't I telling anyone they were filled with hate, it wasn't I calling anyone a mental case, it wasn't I saying THEY are arrogant, in fact I admitted we BOTH are in addition to having lot to learn. I have nothing to be ashamed of it had do do with the arrogance of some.

Regarding your assertion he has publicly made ammends?

I fail to see that at all p4t, if anything the only thing public he has made known is his humble heartfelt care and consideration for a one Conspiriology. P4t you know I have written you my respect and admiration for your knowledge and skills in the written word. You haven't known me that long but I can tell you, not too long ago, my post here would have been a lot more colorful.

I am not ashamed of what I say and try to stay at cause and not at effect. That isn't always easy but it sure is a lot more than it used to be but p4t, if i'd made my post any sweeter,

I'd have sugar diabetes

- Con

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

My God?
There is only one God. He's not mine. He's everyone's. I have no problem with you being Pagan and believing in more than one god. I accept all beliefs.

yeah the one you are talking about. I never said anything about a number of Gods. If I'm not mistaken when, you say he is everyones God, than conventional wisdom would follow that is IS in fact your God, so why are you telling me he is NOT your God? This makes no sense to me.

If you want to meet God, you'll have to take that up with Him.

Oh I met him and he happens to think I'm to die for,, I don't know why but I sure am glad I am his.

When you quote someone, why not do it in context? Or at least share the whole story. Don't leave things out to suit your agendas. That is quite weak.

Care to show me show it is not in the context of what you mean to say?
If you read my post I am so confident they are in context, I even suggested they paste the quote to searcher and read the whole thing.

Not that it is necessary but I did anticipate you would make this erroneous allegation.

Warm Regards

Con

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

so why are you telling me he is NOT your God? This makes no sense to me.

It makes plenty of sense to you Conny. I meant He is not just mine but everyone's. Of course, you know that but you just love to argue, annoy and aggravate. It is your nature.

Good luck with holding your tongue and watching what you say. It seems to have worked out quite well for you so far, with regards to points. You are obviously an example for us all.

Do you want to discusss something or argue semantics?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I am not ashamed of what I say and try to stay at cause and not at effect. That isn't always easy but it sure is a lot more than it used to be but p4t, if i'd made my post any sweeter,

I'd have sugar diabetes

OK my friend, I'll take your word for it. Do you now smile at people before you shoot them?

Don't take offence - just trying to lighten things up a bit, the same as you. If what you say is true, I'm sure you're moving in the right direction.

My basic point is that feuds don't promote mutual understanding.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

It makes plenty of sense to you Conny. I meant He is not just mine but everyone's. Of course, you know that but you just love to argue, annoy and aggravate. It is your nature.

I wish he was everyones, but that book written by men that you don't believe says Jesus came for those he came to save. As for annoying, umm isn't that why you keep calling me "conny" and mental case and hate filled?

Good luck with holding your tongue and watching what you say. It seems to have worked out quite well for you so far, with regards to points. You are obviously an example for us all.

Oh THANK YOU! I am doing much better considering our dialogue but I have to ask,, this is the fourth time you have mentioned my points in this thread and another. Ya know I was never one for starting threads and gaining all those things, I never really had much interest in them and have only made two threads in the time I've been here. Not much for trying to get points. At least not in the way you seem to be trying to get points with the mods drawing attention to it. Not that it would matter, I am confident they see your efforts as transparently as I do.

Do you want to discusss something or argue semantics?

Oh didn't I mention already? I said I don't like arguring with mind readers and Phd's in Psychiatry. Besides that I never had much use for semantics

I kinda just like to speak extemporaneously ya know other than that excitable boy,, I really don't think we have much to share.

Thanks for asking and

have a nice day = )

- "Conny"

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought

Don't take offence - just trying to lighten things up a bit, the same as you. If what you say is true, I'm sure you're moving in the right direction.

My basic point is that feuds don't promote mutual understanding.

awe none taken p4t and if their is a we are feuding I can assure you it is not the I in we that is.

- Con

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
OK. Let's get back to the main theme.

The B1ueSoldier proposed a solution to the question posed by this thread.

His suggestion:

Evidence. Evidence is the enemy of arrogance, especially good evidence that is extremely hard to refute. So, bring it forward. Bring forward your evidence and arrogant Atheists will surely back off and admit defeat.

I for one am looking to defeat no-one. A life-changing encounter with our Maker, and eternal blessing is my business.

My offerings were:

video.google.com...

and

www.worldinvisible.com...

God bless the atheists. Truly.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I want to thank you Conspiriology for reaffirming that I made the right decision to seek my own path and salvation. I want absolutely nothing to do with what ever it is you represent.

Is what you are doing called "witnessing for Christ?"

[edit on 4-5-2008 by whaaa]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I have been reading Dinesh D'Souza's book What's So Great About Christianity . He addresses the problem of the neoatheist assault...

This is not a time for Christians to turn the other cheek. Rather, it is a time to drive the money-changers out of the temple. The atheists no longer want to be tolerated. They want to monopolize the public square and to expel Christians from it. They want political questions like abortion to be divorced from religious and moral claims. They want to control school curricula so they can promote a secular ideology and undermine Christianity. They want to discredit the factual claims of religion, and they want to convince the rest of society that Christianity is not only mistaken but also evil. They blame religion for the crimes of history and for the ongoing conflicts in the world today. In short, they want to make religion—and especially the Christian religion—disappear from the face of the earth.

The Bible in Matthew 5:13-14 calls Christians to be the "salt of the earth" and the "light of the world." Christians are called to make the world a better place. Today that means confronting the challenge of modern atheism and secularism. This book provides a kind of tool kit for Christians to meet this challenge. The Christianity defended here is not "fundamentalism" but rather traditional Christianity, what C. S. Lewis called "mere Christianity," the common ground of beliefs between Protestants and Catholics. This Christianity is the real target of the secular assault.

D'Souza, Dinesh,What's so Great About Christianity. One Massachusetts Avenue, NW Washington, DC , 2007 p.10

[edit on 5/4/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I wish he was everyones, but that book written by men that you don't believe says Jesus came for those he came to save.

So then you are a Pagan? Not that there is anything wrong with that. You have Jesus and God. That is two. Do you also believe in the Holy Spirit? That would be three gods.

So, YOU have only one god and his name is Jesus? (or two and the second is the elusive Holy Spirit?). God disappeared after Jesus was born? After Jesus died? He's been gone for 2,008 years now? There is no God?

So you are an Atheist? Oh, no....wait, you believe in Jesus. Jesus is your god. That's cool. I always thought the thumpers believe in God AND Jesus........

I kinda just like to speak extemporaneously ya know other than that excitable boy,, I really don't think we have much to share.

Oh come on Conny, why won't you play with me? Is it because I see right through you and you can't win? You never want to play with me. Why is that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join