It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can we do Chrisians to fight of arrogant people?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Right on. Agnostics answer to it all is, "I don't know." You certainly can't call that arrogant. Actually it's quite humble.

Atheists don't believe in God. Nothing wrong with that. We, as humans have freedom of thought. Freedom to believe what we want. At least, we are suppposed to.

Christians by far are, and always have been, the most arrogant of all religious and non-religious groups. So, once again: Christians can overcome arrogance by overcoming themselves!

It appears that, to a Christian, arrogance means believing in something other than what they believe in. It's like they are saying: "You have the nerve to believe something different than what I am telling you to be the truth? Who do you think you are?" Actually Christians, it's really: who do you think YOU all are?

There's no Jews preaching on here
No Muslims
No Buddhists
No Pagans
No Agnostics
No Atheists, etc.
Basically no non-Christians preaching on here.

Who's doing the preaching? Who's arrogant?

HELLO!

[edit on 7-5-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

No Muslims
No Buddhists
No Pagans
No Agnostics
No Atheists, etc.

Who's doing the preaching? Who's arrogant?

Well gee genius what's the title of the thread?

What can we do Christians to fight off arrogant people?

Any reasonable person could ascertain by the title that the thread is addressed to "we" Christians, which explains the deep hidden mystery of why it only seems to be Christians and a few others like your arrogant excitable self who came to interfere.

[edit on 5/7/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I agree 100%.

Since we instill so much little into that category, we are certainly the most objective people on the subject.

While I do tend to stick up for the "atheists" more than the theists, that's only because the theists seem to be more aggressive and condescending towards not only atheists, but also Science.

They often group atheism and science, despite their claims to the contrary. That bothers me, which often causes me to jump in.

Also, many of them have blind hatred towards groups simply due to their religion. That also puts me on the defensive towards them.

But I date a Christian. I have no problem with your typical theist. I just don't like bigots and people who ignore facts blindly. I hear people say dinosaurs didn't exist.

It's just stupid.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

Christians by far are, and always have been, the most arrogant of all religious and non-religious groups.

Christians are no more arrogant than believers in other faith systems.
It is just that having being raised in the Western world we are exposed to Christianity throughout our lives.
The majority of religious people within our society who we come into contact are Christians.

The arrogance of fundamental interpretations of Islam, (by far the largest growing religious group in the whole world), far exceeds that of most Christians, extreme or not.

This is not an anti-Muslim tirade or a pro-Christian post, but an opinion and observation based on years of watching and inter-acting on a regular basis with followers of both faiths and viewed with a truly unbiased approach.

It appears that, to a Christian, arrogance means believing in something other than what they believe in. It's like they are saying: "You have the nerve to believe something different than what I am telling you to be the truth? Who do you think you are?"

Too true, but it equally applies to the ardent followers of most belief systems.
Blind faith in anything results in arrogance.

No Muslims
No Buddhists
No Pagans
No Agnostics
No Atheists, etc.

There have been extreme Muslims on ATS, nearly all of which have ended up getting banned due to their intolerance, bigotry and dare I say it, arrogance.

Access to the internet, and subsequently ATS, is severely restricted within a lot of Muslim countries so it is hardly suprising that the majority of posters within religious / spiritual based threads will be Christian.

Jews, for many various reasons which I don't think wise to go into here, tend to keep their beliefs to themselves; the very nature of their religion tends towards not preaching to Gentiles etc.

I have seen some Atheists present exceptionally well researched, reasoned arguements but I have also witnessed some outright hostile, ignorant posts which can only be described as outright arrogance.

My point in all this?
Arrogance is common in most religions and belief systems and is not unique to Christianity.
It is inevitable when people put so much faith in something which is as unprovable "Gods" existence.

Neither is this an attempt to preach the benefits and merits of an Agnostic viewpoint, that is for another time and place, it is more about being willing to consider other viewpoints from an unbiased position; unfortunately most Theists / Atheists are reluctant to consider anything other than their dogmatic creed for fear of finding fault with something they have put so much faith in.

[edit on 8/5/08 by Freeborn]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I think we must fight the good. fight. God said be a soldier for him. Be a light onto the world. People will be antichrist( in your words )like. Da where in a world of sin where most of people care more about the selfs. than there own child.

Athesis say where wrong fight the good fight. None bellievers in your way, remember your the light and they come to destroy the light.

What I think is more important are reall anti, or tele christian broad casting. Like peter popoff, or Benny Hill or check out this youtube site
youtube.com/watch?v=qi33vs5xl4 if that does take you to the right place. go to youtube and search people who claim to be jesus. This man claims to be Jesus or God then insite his thousand follows to put in tatoo 666.

You want to talk about those that does believe and dam us for our believes who cares what they think. We know the truth, God is alive. Jesus is his son, there life after death.

But lets not forget those who damage our followers believes and make them believe differeent.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Exitable boy

" whos doing the preaching now? whos arrogant now "

first of all this forum is a forum where you come to (share) your faith, that's what i do, if you don't want to read it, don't...

sharing faith is not arrogance..

and Freeborn, the athiest post you talk about where they are flat out arrogant and hatefull..

(THATS what i am talking about)

not all atheist... just those goofs...

I come here to share my faith, and I see atheist, some of them do this and it makes me mad...

peace.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Btw Exitable boy... I am not talking about Agnostics... I am not talking about open minded atheist..

(I) am talking about people who come in this forum to attack our faith for no reason, I hate that...

as far as Christians being arrogant...

believing in something doesn't make you arrogant...

but having a high opinion of yourself meanwhile attacking people for no reason would be arrogance...

peace. and God bless you!

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Well gee genius what's the title of the thread?

What can we do Christians to fight off arrogant people?

Genius? Thank you! I'm blushing. You certainly are my favorite thumper Bigwhammy!
Sorry, I didn't realize this was a self help thread for Christians that want to work on their arrogance. Pardon me. It just doesn't seem like any of you are working on it.

like your arrogant excitable self who came to interfere.

Interfere? Last time I checked this was an open forum. Anyone that opens a thread, opens themselves up for a variety of opinions. You just aren't open minded. Open doors lead to education. Closed doors lead nowhere. Once we stop learning, we might as well be dead.

It must be a big responsibility for you Bigwhammy to know everything.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

" whos doing the preaching now? whos arrogant now "

It appears to be you. You see, I don't preach. I talk about my faith. I don't tell anyone they should take it on. I don't tell anyone to believe what I believe.

first of all this forum is a forum where you come to (share) your faith, that's what i do, if you don't want to read it, don't...

sharing faith is not arrogance..

All I do is share my faith. What's the difference? How are you different than me? Because you dislike my faith?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Much as I hate to say it.
Christians can be their own worst enemy.

Why should we need to 'fight OFF..' arrogant people?
I've felt no need to 'preach' my faith and feel no need to criticize others'.
It's just mutual tolerance and doesn't breed any need for defence.

Maybe if you weren't looking for support in your seemingly over-righteous campaign to force others to see Christianity as the be all and end all of religion then people wouldn't seem so hostile toward you.

It is possible to teach without preaching.I've explained my beliefs in numerous Arabic countries and the similarities are astounding..Just the names are different.

In my view 'Christianity' is just a name for a practise of simply being nice to each other.
Unfortunately I must have misunderstood in church or something because if a Muslim/Jew/Buddhist or whatever did a nice deed I'd call that being a 'good Christian' too.

Wouldn't it be great to glue all the world's religions together and just simply call it Humanism.
Boy! that'd solve a lot of the world's irrationality and hatred.
Next step would be to get rid of politicians.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

I have to say that if you feel no need to preach or tell someone what you believe in (Jesus), then it sounds like you don't believe in the teachings of Jeshua.
Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Jesus CERTAINLY did an overwhelming amount of preaching and converting.
We're supposed to follow his example, IF we believe.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

You see,it's phrasing like this that I find either totally redundant or completely mis-quoted/mis-translated.

I could see myself passing on a message of goodwill leading by example to anyone I come across,certainly.

I could not see myself quoting phrases from the bible to the inhabitants of the local fishpond.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be a disciple for very long trying to convert 4 goldfish and a large toad to Christianity.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

arrogant people as I have known my whole life... try and use their arrogant ass confidence and so on to get you to change your mind or think differently but you got to see through people like a ghost....

I hope this is a joke.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

I have to say that if you feel no need to preach or tell someone what you believe in (Jesus), then it sounds like you don't believe in the teachings of Jeshua.

Jesus CERTAINLY did an overwhelming amount of preaching and converting.
We're supposed to follow his example, IF we believe.

"You can lead a horse to the water, but you can't make him drink."

There is a difference to teaching people gospel who want to hear it, and cramming down their throats. Let people who want to hear the message hear it! If they don't want to hear it, then leave them be!

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Partly true.
You won't hear me 'dogging' anyone to repent. Jesus said, as someone on this thread already brought up;
Mar 6:11 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

yet another example of bigotry in the bible. people that don't like us are going to be treated with harsher judgment than an entire city of gang rapists...

gang rape vs not liking a certain religion
hmm
i wonder which is really a worse crime...

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
fight arrogant people?i think ben got it right by quoting mark6:11if they dont listen to you walk away.
i would also add that a person that thinks they have a calling from on High to teach others the truth better make sure first that they do know what the truth is(matthew7:3/jeremiah23)
i have visited enough synagogues/churches and heard so many different versions of the "truth" that i trust no one to be dead on 100% correct yet.
when the 2 witnesses arrive on scene for the final showdown between themselves representing Messiah and the 2 beasts of revelation 13 that represent the "god" of this world in jerusalem,israel,i'd believe the 2 witnesses(revelation11)to be the ones i would follow without hesitation.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

What can we do Chrisians to fight of arrogant people?

A start is by recognising the arrogance within. Then by actually following the Sermon on the Mount.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
first of all eye open doors...

I think everybody is better then me, and nothing in my original post was arrogant.. I was responding to an arrogant athiest who completely attacked us as many do...

But I seemed harsh which I shouldn't have, but I am tired of the athiest disrespect bull****

they don't know if God is real or not and they cannot disprove him, yet why do they attack us so much?

" listen to the sermon on the mount "

this is truth.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by JesusisTruth]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Do not beat yourself up over this.
If people are offended by anything you say, they have a problem.
God says " Take offense at no man".
We need to examine ourselves if reading the word "arrogant" sets us off.
This has been bothering me, all night.
People need to lighten up and do what this man says and try to understand God's love for us.
If we understand that, we will not be offended, especially when we should be taking it to heart.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join