It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in Phoenix again!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Weather in Phoenix last night.

Time (MST): Temp.: Dew Point: Humidity: Sea Level Pressure: Visibility: Wind Dir: Wind Speed: Gust Speed: Conditions:

7:51 PM 79.0 °F / 26.1 °C 9.0 °F / -12.8 °C 7% 29.84 in / 1010.4 hPa 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers NNW 4.6 mph / 7.4 km/h / 2.1 m/s Clear

8:51 PM 78.1 °F / 25.6 °C 12.0 °F / -11.1 °C 8% 29.85 in / 1010.6 hPa 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers Calm Calm Clear

9:51 PM 73.4 °F / 23.0 °C 21.2 °F / -6.0 °C 14% 29.90 in / 1012.4 hPa 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers Calm Calm Clear

Looks like there was not much wind around the time of the sightings.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by polomontana

Considering that sky lanterns WERE launched that same night at a wedding, it is not "wild speculation" at all, but rather a reasonable conclusion.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The lanterns do not have to be tied together. Look at the video I posted on page 9. They stay in formation and change a little because of the wind movements. Can someone find the wind movements on higher altitudes? That would solve the problem. If there was absolutely no wind movement in the higher altitude then the extraterrestrial theory could be plausible.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

As far as I know, that's almost impossible that there is no wind movement on that altitude. If I know this wrong, please tell me.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
so tonight I assume there will be a lot of us looking towards the sky. so, among the high techy gadgets that will be by your side, I recommend also keeping binoculars handy. Someone please just get a close up of it, lol or get something on it to identify it up close. It doesn't take much, just something to magnify it. DO WORK!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I just thought of something. We could be seeing alien UFOs all the time and not even know it. There's nothing stopping ETs from disguising their stuff as our stuff. Put nanobots or something similar on some sort of sky lantern and no one would know the difference. The main ship stays cloaked and no one ever sees it.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Crystalline

I am pretty sure that there is wind in high altitudes.

The energy in winds miles above us is sufficient to provide all the world's energy needs.

Sky WindPower Corporation asserts that, after full development of the technology, this energy can be captured with Flying Electric Generators at two cents per kilowatt hour or less. This is less than the cost of producing electricity using fossil fuels or nuclear fission, if all costs are taken into account. FEGs are tethered rotorcraft.

The Laddermill is another method of capturing high altitude wind energy consisting of ascending and descending kites. This method is being considered at Delft University in the Netherlands.

Both enterprises' websites may be accessed in searches by their names.

The most common other approach suggested is to use blimps to support or house wind turbines. However, web searches as of this writing bring up no websites of organizations pursuing this approach.
Source

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Phoenix Lights version 1: reports of large, black, v-shaped craft

These Phoenix Lights: no such report yet.

that was the interesting part of the original Phoenix Lights. Right now, we just have lights which strongly resemble lanterns.

If you're passionately of the belief that these are extra-terrestrial or are black craft, launch some lanterns tonight (with warning) and show everyone how much differently they behave.

I'm not passing judgment until all the reports are in, but at this moment the simplest explanation (which is usually the correct explanation) is lanterns.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
no one seems to b mentioning the St Augutine lights. I haven't seen the footage from either, but the two should be compared.

Seems to me an organized sky lanturn conspiracy would be hard to pull off.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

I was a pilot and I know this. I can make mistakes, like everyone, but I don't believe that those things were lanterns.
They flew and hovered way too regular. Balloons and gliders cannot do that on that altitude.

The lights in Florida were the same. Some skeptics already mentioned the balloon version, but everyone who saw those lights laughed at them.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Unfortunately, these don't even look like the original lights back in '97. I'm not
an expert, but at first glance, they look like lanterns. I was hoping for some better evidence....maybe next time.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by turbosciencewig
Seems to me an organized sky lanturn conspiracy would be hard to pull off.

did you mean "wouldn't"?

someone posts a thread saying "look to the skies on a certain night" and two sets of lanterns get tossed up on either sides of the country that night. easiest hoax one could pull off

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a little OT...

but the conspiracy nuts should have noted the rate camcorder technology is progressing. there is a whole lot of theories behind those chips found in off the shelf camcorders.

lets compare a PC from 1995 or 1997 or when the first phoenix lights appeared VS a pc you buy today. the technology have more than 30X evolved. while camcorders and digicams are still on a slow pace. almost as slow as cable box set technology.

think of why every UFO video [that arent disinfo hoaxes] are blurry and shaky or too dark...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
if the people that saw them are saying there is no way these are sky lanterns, then i believe them. I've seen things that can't be explained easily. And if you've seen something weird, it's funny when people try to tell you what YOU saw.

I mean c'mon. a pilot saw these and says no to the sky lanturn theory. Are people ready to belive in a bi-coastal sky lantern conspiracy?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This has made bold headline news on of all places the Drudge report.
There is no link but a good photo.

I am sorry I am new here, I don't know the protocol, but I felt like this was a very strange place to have it be "front page" news.

Too many stranged things coming together prophecy wise...

But my bet is the official explination will be lanterns, flares,weather ballons AND swampgas

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Here is another pic I found on the MUFON website, take a look.
www.mufoncms.com...

[edit on 22-4-2008 by starwatcher1]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by turbosciencewig

No. And someone mentioned above, that it's a hoax, because someone said here to look up to the sky on an exact date. The problem with this... there are 360 million people in the U.S. And here at ATS, how many visitors are? 10000? And most of them are from around the world. Plus those ones, whose were in the Phoenix news surely didn't visit ATS or they would be here and add their comments.

Phoenix and St. Augustine. Bi-coastal conspiracy? What would be the essence of it? Nothing. There is no reason to do this at one place, not even at two places at once.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
No jamesder, you said -did you mean "wouldn't"?

No I don't think people aren't motivated enough. too many people watch too much tv & are lazy. I don't think people have the will. But, I haven't seen the vids.

Those "night vision" ufo vids were lame..so I dunno yet. That looked like a hoax to me.

Sky lanterns are expensive.

i'll let you know what i think after
i've looked at both.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
so if these were lanterns, shouldn't there be various witnesses confirming they saw the RISE of the lanterns? They had to of risen from somewhere close by. Also, whats the rising flight path of these lanterns? do they reach a certain altitude and just taper off?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Last year i' filmed the same sort of objects in my garden

.I'm curious what is comming out of this story good post

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join