It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in Phoenix again!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by Disgustipated

I live in the north valley, and Sunday two cobra attack helicopters flew very low over my place, probably has nothing to do with it, but it's kinda unusual to see anything other than F-16's (from Luke AFB).

Funny you should mentions the helicopters. I live in Indiana, it's been weird here last week. Unexplained lights and sonic booms in two separate towns 30 mi. apart on two separate nights, then the eartquake on Friday. Later on Friday night, I was looking out to the west with a low, illuminated cloud deck just south of Indianapolis, I heard a very low helicopter, no big deal I thought, and didn't really pay that much attention until I looked out and saw something being followed by three completely blacked out helicopters. There was not one single light on these copters. I could see them though against the backdrop of the cloud deck which was illuminated by city lights. This is not at all usual here.

When I first saw the videos of last night's lights in Pheonix, I was quick to jump to the lantern explanation. But with everything else going on this past week, I don't know what to think anymore.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
So we have lights in both Phoenix and Florida last night. We have clouds right now here over Philly so if it doesn't clear they would have to come in low in this area.

Tonight we all need to look up no matter what the weather is.... after all they (the ships) get around in all kinds of weather.

The massive sighting they showed me long ago was they would be "low"...... "bright white".....and one right after the other and the Earth would vibrate under your feet if/ this ever happens we are in deep # if we don't do a 360.

Times are interesting.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Howie47

Good points I too was in the Military and know about light discipline etc. Two things to remember though.
The lights in the city of Phoenix are very bright, far from what I would call blackout conditions thus dampening and shortening light sight.
There is a mountain range in-between the two airports so the lights in question would have to be very bright and very high in order to be seen. Not sure if I can get the time but possibly try and head into Phoenix and take a pic from Sky Harbor toward Deer Valley so others can get a good perspective on it. If others here on ATS that live in the Phoenix area could take a pic it might help. I live 30 or so miles outside of Phoenix and try not to go downtown as much as can be helped...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
If i filmed that I would take note of the travelling direction of the UFO and the windspeed and direction that day ....its all that has to be done to find out if they are lanterns ...somone needs to do this.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Since its happening in Phoenix everytime, i really am thinking these ufo's are here and never left... just some work on the cloaking shield for whichever reasons...

That is that if they really are ships from outer space.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Check out the photos and tell me these are lanterns. Honestly the videos look like it, but the pictures look like the UFO from Texas but different colors. Correct me if I am wrong.

Sorry give me one second to do this right.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Equinox99]

JSR

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Check out the photos and tell me these are lanterns. Honestly the videos look like it, but the pictures look like the UFO from Texas but different colors. Correct me if I am wrong.

does anyone have any known lantern pics they could post up for comparison?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GirlNextDoor
Last night my husband and I listened to them and talked about how the sound changes as they turn different directions. It was definitely within the 8pm hour. They flew over probably every twenty minutes, into the 11pm hour. Again, nothing out of the ordinary. They do night training all of the time, though not every night. My guess is these lights were part of their training exercises.

That's funny, me and my fiancee had the same conversation, lol. We live in the Arrowhead area, and the F-16's fly every night, when they're landing they get really loud, they must be firing the engine in reverse to slow down or something, then they suddenly get quiet. Anyway, I've never seen them fly in the NE, they generally stay to the west and over the Goldwater range, which was where the orginal lights were filmed. It's very strange that they would be doing any kind of excercises over in the Scottsdale area, all the rich folks would get pissed, lol.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Its not so much "do they look like Lanterns", I mean you can make "urine" look like "beer" in a mug. It is more "do they behave like Lanterns". That is the real question.

Did they do any fast movements, did they just vanish or did any of the lights speed away?

[edit on 22-4-2008 by talisman]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This is the best comparison I could find. Don't forget there are also customizable lanterns as well.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

In the first video I can see lights for a second. The other two are complete blackness.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Thanks for finding and posting those pictures.
Ive been following this but wasnt convinced either way. Now I am leaning more towards lanterns. Makes perfect sense to me

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Just found a 10 minute long video on Myspace, very crisp and clear, they're really starting to look like lanterns though.

New Myspace video of the lights

[edit on 22-4-2008 by smoodiver]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
im not falling for the lantern response

LOL! Your sense of humor is not lost on me!

Let me get this straight... Your prepared to believe they are UFO's but you think your being duped by a logical, rational explanation?

I guess this is a classic example of someone who wants to believe too much!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Regarding the lantern theory:

How is it possible for a group of lanterns to stay in such well-constructed positions for so long and HOLD the positions for a total of 15 minutes in the windy atmosphere?

Also, this event was witnessed by a large number of people, including those whose profession involves looking up at the skies. Wouldn't they be able to tell a lantern from something else entirely?

Oh, and wouldn't someone have seen them going up? We should be alert to any evidence that there are lantern pieces littered across the valley.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by writtenimage]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by talisman

Regarding to that breaking news, which is on this site...
www.azfamily.com...
... all the witnesses are told that they moved fast (Zig-Zag movement). There is no way to control UFO lanterns from the ground on this way. Plus in wind, which is on the sky in that altitude, there is no way to make fixed formations with controller wire, especially not those ones, what the witnesses described. You cannot even control a simple wired model plane on that altitude and make fancy formations, what the witnesses described if there are more "model" around, because the wind is unpredictable on that altitude.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yeah sorry guys these are lanterns. When any one of those lanterns are about to turn off the lights start to flicker. This would indicate that the fuel is running low and is about to shut itself off.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Its my opinion the myth buster's helped launch a movie on Earth Day.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Those are burning too long to be lanterns to me. Plus what the other fellow said about it being too hot here for hot air vehicles to ascend in the summer. I will try to construct a lantern today and launch it tonight. If I do not have time, then I will certainly get to it tomorrow. I am off to search for diy lantern plans now.

[edit on 4-22-2008 by groingrinder]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well,

If Drudge has it on his site then you can bet in a day or so that Drudge will take a leap and say that Obama is in fact a alien and is going to enslave the planet to a terrorist alien race that will kill us all if we vote Democrat in the next election cycle...I still say it's lanterns...till they do a fly over at the super bowl or land which eve come first...Or save us from big oil with some cool fuel technology...?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join