It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in Phoenix again!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Thing is WE DO..can you explain how a bunch of flares or lantirns hold formation at high altitude, or emit a glow far bigger than an airplane lights..I'd like to know!!
I suppose your gonna say all the people who see huge black flying silent triangles are on drugs! Those crazy policeman, governors, pilot people sheesh! LOL

Originally posted by Forell

Originally posted by XENONCOATED
lol its funny how debunkers just grab onto the current "in-theory" 10 years ago it woulda been exclusively weather balloons, now its chinese party lantirns..

LOL. its funny how the want-to-believers just grap onto the eternal "they are alien crafts" theory. and never even try to consider the more "earthly" explanation, not even for one second.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by XENONCOATED]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GrayFox

With the massive amount of satellites in orbit, wouldn't it be fairly plausible and easier for them to put there own probes and satellites into orbit around our planet? If we can do it to other planets i'm sure (if they have the capability of getting here) that they could do it fairly easily and be wacthing and monitoring us on a daily basis.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Thing is WE DO..can you explain how a bunch of flares or lantirns hold formation at high altitude, or emit a glow far bigger than an airplane lights..I'd like to know!!

Originally posted by Forell

lol its funny how debunkers just grab onto the current "in-theory" 10 years ago it woulda been exclusively weather balloons, now its chinese party lantirns..

LOL. its funny how the want-to-believers just grap onto the eternal "they are alien crafts" theory. and never even try to consider the more "earthly" explanation, not even for one second.

If you can tell us what altitude they were at then maybe it could be explained...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Who says these things AREN'T Probes?! But your thinking in human terms..they need not be logical or make any sense to "us" whatsoever..

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
reply to post by GrayFox

With the massive amount of satellites in orbit, wouldn't it be fairly plausible and easier for them to put there own probes and satellites into orbit around our planet? If we can do it to other planets i'm sure (if they have the capability of getting here) that they could do it fairly easily and be wacthing and monitoring us on a daily basis.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I cant, but I saw in 1 video an airplane passed directly underneath them (complete with FAA blinking lights) so Im sure you can guestimate based on that how far away the plane is. Now are the lights behind/infront or parallel with the plane?
If they are infront (closer to the viewer) then they are small? If they are equal distance with the plane or FURTHER behind it then they are HUGE.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrayFox

Originally posted by GrayFox
I just thought of something. We could be seeing alien UFOs all the time and not even know it. There's nothing stopping ETs from disguising their stuff as our stuff. Put nanobots or something similar on some sort of sky lantern and no one would know the difference. The main ship stays cloaked and no one ever sees it.

Come on, people. Did anyone even notice my post? Wouldn't that be an amazingly clever way to study Earth secretly? Everyone sees the probes or whatever and just says they're only our planes, weather balloons, flares, etc. How would we even know any better? They are lanterns, but maybe not OUR lanterns! I'm no rocket scientist and I came up with it, so who knows what an alien could come up with? I'm not saying this is definitely the case, it could surely be some prankster's sky lanterns, but it's a clever possibility that would fool almost everyone.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by GrayFox]

but if that was the case, why limit it to flying objects at night when they could place these devices on anything. Cars, animals, politicians, etc.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GrayFox

I like where you are trying to go with this, but I think that you are being to vauge. I mean yeah it is possible that they are disguising themselves as laterns or something else, just not probable. At least there is not much evidence in the form of photo's or eyewitness accounts to validate those claims. I mean if that were the case the your computer could be a UFO disguised as a computer....not probable but possible.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by XENONCOATED

Your right, but we can only go on what we know. And from what we know, the most logical thing for them t do would be to put probes into orbit, not float them for all to see above a densly populated area. Anyhow, what purpose would floating across phoenix and then fading out after 15 mins possibly have? If they wanted to make themselves known, i'm sure they could find better ways of doing it. If they didn't want to be seen, they clearly aren't as clever as you'd like to think.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
WHAT I find the most intriguing is that the story didn't get buried in some link down the page at Drudge. And on a day when the Penn Primary is going on, I find it curious that Matt Drudge, of ALL people would place this banner front and center. (Its now quickly sliding down the left hand column on my last check.)
The other thing that has my ears pricked up is that there were multiple sightings last night (apparently).

I live in Gulf Breeze Florida---i see all kind of weird things. I have had a black triangle silently float above me so close i could have thrown a rock at it. I also know that I live surrounded 5 different military bases. I have NO IDEA if it was Mr. Grey or Buck Rodgers flying that thing, but I know what I saw and it had exactly the same light pattern as the one photographed last night.
What I personally saw was NOT swamp gas
it was NOT a Chinese/Japanese/coal miners lantern
it was NOT a weather balloon
and it was NOT any kind of military jet I have seen in my lifetime.
It was in the truest sense of the word a UFO.
Now, who/what made it, that's whats up for debate.

Peace to all. Keep looking up.

Oops--that would be the right hand column--thanks for catching my mistake. I'm left handed, what can I say?

[edit on 22-4-2008 by scarletm]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
does anyone have any experience with chinease lanterns? How long do they last? What type of candles and paper is generally used? Im asking because people are claiming lots of different lengths of time these things stay lit for.

I live in phoenix, and these lights were right by where i work. Figures the night im not there these would be seen. Everytime i go outside i stare at the sky.....frustrating

[edit on 22-4-2008 by drock905]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
I like where you are trying to go with this, but I think that you are being to vauge. I mean yeah it is possible that they are disguising themselves as laterns or something else, just not probable. At least there is not much evidence in the form of photo's or eyewitness accounts to validate those claims.

Yeah, I know. That's the problem. It's practically a near-perfect way to fool people that leaves behind inconclusive to zero evidence. The problem is that it really IS vague. And how would we know any better? Sure, it's a sky lantern, but just maybe not ours. How can anyone argue with that? ALSO, even if not aliens, then it's a good method that governments could use for secret domestic surveillance too. The only way to prove anything would be to somehow recover the debris for examination... hoping that any useful evidence isn't completely destroyed.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Actually the ships do mimic airplanes at times so when you look up you would think it a plane. They also place themselves in the night when in observe mode and turn to a star look alike.

My, My I can't believe in this day and age we are still where we are with proof not being good enough. Shame on you.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Oh there has definitely been some people here "debunking" already, they pretty much said so. That's who I am referring to, I know there are a good amount of us here who don't lean either way "skeptic/believer" just take it all in as life in general. But we know for a fact the threads here are perpetuated by polar opposites and somewhere in the middle sense is made by a few...who are generally ignored anyways

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Oh there has definitely been some people here "debunking" already, they pretty much said so. That's who I am referring to, I know there are a good amount of us here who don't lean either way "skeptic/believer" just take it all in as life in general. But we know for a fact the threads here are perpetuated by polar opposites and somewhere in the middle sense is made by a few...who are generally ignored anyways

good point... it seems you have to post something that is in favor of the polar opposite so it'll be noticed.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

How could they change formation( I've seen T's, V's, squares, and crosses in all these vids) without tangling up.. or running into each other? Also if they burn out one by one, could the remaining one lantern support the other three dead ones still connected to it? Because that IS what's happening....
I guess it's a kite.....but...
This still doesn't explain how they change formation, were seen at different locations, and in one video they mention that the lights are higher up then a passing plane...that's a helluva lot of kite string....

Some good points liquid. I wonder how long it takes those lanterns to burn out? It says here the lights were visible for between 15-30 minutes. I'm thinking the lights themselves could be those lanterns but let's say you launch a small blimp or kite from cammelback mtn or one of those rocky perches they have down there.. The lanterns would have to be attached to a rather lengthy mechanism which can rotate to form different shapes etc. Weird. Who would put that much effort and resources into a 15-30 minute hoax?

I have to admit I'm still clinging to the lanterns thinking by coincidence they might form a couple different shapes.. But the video shows the lights moving quite well together forming a diamond, straight line, cross etc..

Hmm... secret psyc ops project? Preparation for contact?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It makes me wonder if they do this light show to get everyone looking at it and when everyone around is focused on the red lights they slip something in or out unnoticed. You know a distraction from what's really going on. Just a thought.

[edit on 4/22/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I've seen many small balloons floating around here, and I have to say that I personally think wind would not blow lanterns (which would likely behave the same) into different formations while they stay in the same area. Ballons once they reach their maximum height, tend to travel in one direction, and if you release one after the other, they tend follow the same course.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
There will be updates about the lights in this evenings news Arizona time. Lets see who they interview and what more developments come about.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
solar,

I like your thinking. If you see anything also remember to look in the opposite direction, sounds logical to me.

JSR

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by scarletm
WHAT I find the most intriguing is that the story didn't get buried in some link down the page at Drudge. And on a day when the Penn Primary is going on, I find it curious that Matt Drudge, of ALL people would place this banner front and center.[U] (Its now quickly sliding down the left hand column on my last check.)[/U]

that would be right hand side. and now there is a story about how it could be lanteren. haha the lanterens strike again

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join