It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in Phoenix again!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JDN24

No, not neccesarily. The folks filming these lights were far away. And if the kite was pretty high up, I doubt you would hear it.

For what its worth, I don't think it was a kite. I'm more inclined to think it was lanterns/luminaries.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by cbass
I'm so sorry.

No problem, apology accepted.

Ofcourse man is ready to accept it. If you read some of the posts on here then you'll know we were dropped off here by aliens millenia ago

As for the 'focus' comment, it didnt work for the Carpenters, it wont work for you

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cbass

Film footage, like in, "Close Encounters of a Third Kind", would be nice.
That can be authenticated, not to be fake, of course.
I believe in UFOs. It is just that 95%, is hysteria and or fakes!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This is gettting very interesting! I wonder if there's a connection?

www.drudgereport.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
why the hell do they keep changing the format of this site. its messed up i tried to figure out the new format last night so i could post this up when it was going on, i was in a hurry had to leave, in hoping ats'er geeks in phoenix reading it would go outside with their high tech cameras but couldnt find the new thread button. I like the way it was 5 years ago. who the hell are they trying to impress with new changing fomats? I lso couldnt log in for awhile opening up couple different windows till finally could log in. by that time i was done F^&*%^ with it!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Ok a few observations please bear with me from the news report at AZCentral

He said the last light remained in the sky the longest. Then three jets came from the west and traveled in the direction of the red lights.
The Air Force came out with

An official from Luke Air Force Base stated that they did not have any aircraft in the sky Monday night
So where did the three Jets come from. Deer valley airport which is near where the lights were sighted is a small charter type of airport.

Next we have

The Deer Valley airport officials said that the lights were not from any aircraft at that airport

Thus no one knows what the lights are and what about the three Jets the witness heard?
Lanterns I dont think so due to this statement

Ian Gregor, a spokesman for the Federal Aviation Administration said that air traffic controllers at Sky Harbor Airport also witnessed the lights
Sky Harbor airport is the main airport for Phoneix it is located roughly 20 miles away from Deer Valley Airport. [edit]cant post link for mapquest Deer valley 702 W Deer Valley Rd. Phx AZ. and Sky Harbor Int Airport. Visually I dont think lanterns would be seen for 20 miles. There is also a small mountain range inbetween the two airports. Maybe the airtraffic controls saw them on radar I am no expert but I dont think lanterns etc show on radar. Can anyone confirm etc how large an object has to be to be picked up?

Think some of these issues need looked into to start trying to get to the bottom of this one.

edit to fix links

[edit on 22-4-2008 by drift393]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I was hoping at first that his would show something that no terrestrial aircraft could do, you know...turn on a dime and speed from point A to point B at rates that would crush a human. Ala, it is nothing more than lights in the sky, lol. When will these dumb aliens learn to turn off their parking lights when doing clandestine reconnaissance at night?

This is all hype over nothing. I bet the folks that did this are laughing their asses off right now at the commotion they caused. I know I am.

Guys, this is an opportunity where Ufology has the light on it by the mainstream. Now is the time to demonstrate our FIRM grasp of logic, common sense and reason.

I mean, things like this could provide numerous hits to ATS, and if the tide was right to help propel Ufology into the mainstream (the ONLY thing that will save our cause) do you really want the average person, just curious about UFO's, to click on ATS and see half the threads on this forum?!? That fits in with the preconceived notions that most people have...that many treat this like a religion or are just plain goofy.

Please, lets allow common sense, reason and logic to dictate our actions from now on. No matter if you believe or disbelieve, the greater good will be served by "tempering" our reactions and using events like this to forward the cause. Call it reverse disinformation, call it whatever you need to in order for you to understand, but just do it.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by drift393

Those are great points you make 2 stars. Several people have reported hearing Jets and as GirlNextDooor pointed out earlier in this thread. And I too don't think that Laterns could be spotted at 20 miles. Not to sure about flares though. I'm more intrigued by the fact they are denying have jets out last last night

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I dont know about you all but i think the powers that be are introducing this stuff way too slowly. Thats just me...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

Why thank you much appreciated. I think maybe sending an email to Ian Gregor and or AZ Central to confirm how the air traffic controlers confirmed the lights from 20 miles away might be a good start. Find out if it was visual or electonic confirmation. Although not sure how willing they would be to verify that...

edit to add dug up Mr Gregor's email address and sent an email. I doubt I will get a confirmation/answer but keeping fingers crossed. Now to find someone at AZ Central that will answer.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Phoenix Metro area resident and infrequent poster here.

A question about the lantern theory...What kind of temperature differential do these things need to work? It was nearly 90 degrees here yesterday and at the time of these "sightings" it was still pretty warm out. I know they only fly hot air balloons here in the winter because the rest of the year it is too warm.

And as far at the kite theory...haven't flown a kite in 30 years but don't they take some kind of breeze to sustain flight? In my part of town, it was calm as could be.

All the local stations went nuts with this and even Drudge hopped on the bandwagon. Maybe it's from hanging out here too much, but I'm not too impressed by it all.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
One question, if it was a Kite like many say dont you think the light parts would illuminate parts of the Kite too (sorrounding)? unless it its made of mass blakness that can absorbe light then i think this is not a kite.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by drift393
Ok a few observations please bear with me from the news report at AZCentral

He said the last light remained in the sky the longest. Then three jets came from the west and traveled in the direction of the red lights.
The Air Force came out with

An official from Luke Air Force Base stated that they did not have any aircraft in the sky Monday night

Exactly. There were several jets were zooming around last night, as I posted earlier (thanks, kleverone, for the nod
). I'm not really surprised the LAFB spokesperson lied, I guess. But I'm surprised more people aren't pointing out the obvious fact they lied.

So where did the three Jets come from. Deer valley airport which is near where the lights were sighted is a small charter type of airport.

They came from LAFB, headed north, then turned east at around the Carefree Highway area.

[edit on 4/22/08 by GirlNextDoor]

[edit on 4/22/08 by GirlNextDoor]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by EKron

Great information and input!! I'm on super-slow internet here at UTSA right now but can someone pull up the weather report for 8-9pm last night in Phoenix?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by EKron

If it is dark and clear skies, a flash light can be seen for twenty miles.
I was in the Navy, during black out conditions. With powerful binoculars. Even a lite cigarette could be detected.
The air tower controllers do use binoculars.
No confirmed flights, only means they weren't airplanes. Not that they were aliens. The military doesn't divulge all it's flights.
Sky lanterns are very lite in weight. So would fly easlily in warm air.
At least these lights should be qiclkly changing position and moving across the sky. Before anyone gets excited.
Bottom line, to many ufoers, are to desperate, to have their beliefs
authenticated.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Howie47]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Good question earlier. IF these were "LANTERNS" how was it seen from 20 miles? That would mean everytime lanterns go up they would be visible for miles and miles, I also heard some eyewitnesses talk of the lights "zigzagging".

[edit on 22-4-2008 by talisman]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Disgustipated

Not really, the lights that were filmed before, IMO, were flares dropped intentionally closer to Phoenix and higher than usual over the Goldwater range, in order to muddy the waters as far as the triangle craft that flew over that night. Those lights were amber and behaved like flares, however these ones were over the NE valley, they were red, and they did not behave like flares at all, they were red, and seemed to change positions which is not something a flare can do obviously. I live in the north valley, and Sunday two cobra attack helicopters flew very low over my place, probably has nothing to do with it, but it's kinda unusual to see anything other than F-16's (from Luke AFB). I've seen red lights like that before a few times, guess I need to carry a camera with me from now on...

[edit on 22-4-2008 by 27jd]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
For me it's like this:

This is worth looking into. No one should presume that these lights were alien in origin. The lights were "UFOs".

To investigate a UFO sighting, and have it turn out to be something like flares or a kite isn't a bad thing. It's part of investigating and finding out truth. The fact that the media is covering this is a good thing.

The more people we have investigating UFO sightings and the more people who become interested in the subject, the better.

Even if this turns out to be flares or something like that, it still doesn't take away the fact that some UFO sightings still defy explanation. No need to get huffy over this. People have a right to their own opinions.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by talisman
Good question earlier. IF these were "LANTERNS" how was it seen from 20 miles? That would mean everytime lanterns go up they would be visible for miles and miles, I also heard some eyewitnesses talk of the lights "zigzagging".

[edit on 22-4-2008 by talisman]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
oh the irony...

Discovery Channel is now showing a show on the original Phoenix lights....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join