It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in Phoenix again!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Here is a video of a few Sky Lanterns. How do they stay in formation? If launched at the same time they will most likely encounter the same type of wind resistance. Honestly I am a believer in UFOs but these are fake IMO.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I wish I could've seen this! I barley heard about this today when my sis called me up. Did it look just like the one from 97?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Venusian12

no...it looked just like laterns.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Just another video with no reference to anything and can you believe it! It's pitch black. just flares again.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Just incase we may see something over the otherside of the pond, I have got my camera charged and my camcorder ready to record with a tripod attached to it.

The sun is setting now and if I do see anything i will most definatley take some piccies and video footage.

Oh and I live in Manchester,UK

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Response from Ian Gregor in email I sent edited out contact information for both of us. This is in regards to the post I made on page 7. Also interesting to note new headline and updated story at AZ Central
From AZ Central site

Ian Gregor, a spokesman for the Federal Aviation Administration said that though air traffic controllers at Sky Harbor Airport witnessed the lights, they do not know the cause. Nothing appeared on radar and Gregor said the FAA will not be investigating.

and

Civilian and military aviation organizations said Tuesday the source of the strange red lights spotted over Phoenix Monday night remained unknown. An official with the North American Aerospace Defense Command, which monitors the skies for security threats, said Tuesday the organization did not know where the lights came from.

Email responses from Ian Gregor

"Feel free to share it. That's what I've been telling media all morning.

Ian Gregor
Communications Manager
FAA Western-Pacific Region

Mr. Gregor,

I appreciate your reply I was wondering if it is ok to share that information. If not I will keep it to myself.

Thanks again for your reply and sorry for taking up your time.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 9:53 AM
Subject: Re: Western-Pacific Region inquiry

I was told that an air traffic controller saw the lights visually, but I probably shouldn't have said that publicly without checking to make sure that was true. Nothing on radar.

Ian Gregor
Communications Manager
FAA Western-Pacific Region

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Yeah sorry guys these are lanterns. When any one of those lanterns are about to turn off the lights start to flicker. This would indicate that the fuel is running low and is about to shut itself off.

After viewing that video - I am leaning towards this myself (due to the flickering aspect) - but still peering into it - - - by my observations it would seem as thought if there was wind and they were connected in a stiff wire manner verse loose fishing line that would indicate the fashion of movement.. Stiff turning making it seem as though they are moving in a fomation when it's only a trick of the eye similar to ...

The answer to the lines in the image above; These lines are all parallel

Gotta love brain teasers - my ,02

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
How about finding plane pictures that look like the lantern pictures, or birds on fire in flight that look like the lanterns.... :|

Just because you can reproduce the look of an event doesn't mean it was done the exact same way you did it. If "debunking" was just finding viable visual options & calling it proof, you can always say "it's CGI!" & just skip all the work entirely!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I hate to say this, but - those look exactly like those party hot air lanterns we've been seeing on other videos?

Also, what if that prophecy were actually a group of web buddies setting these off all over the place on the 22nd, still the 21st here, and this was practice tonight?

Sorry, I honestly could not stop myself. I've been on ATS to long.

I'm sticking with my post from page one. If it looks like a duck

I also believe it is possible someone making a prediction could easily get some Internet buddies to join in the fun in other cities.

These hot air balloons are not a new thing. In about 1965 they put plans for a larger homemade one in National Geographic and I built some. burned some of them up and got a few to fly for a long time. I used Sterno cans and made them from crepe paper. When I was older I built a large one about ten feet high and nearly burned my cousins house down
If a child could pull that off without trouble what could a few adults with money do?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

I dont think anyone here is necessarily trying to "debunk" anything. Nobody knows what they are, therefore 'some' people are seriously trying to figure it out. While others are dead set on it being of alien origin. To me, those are the true skeptics. The ones who refuse to believe that something may just be quite natural and earthly.

I think it is using common sense to go through a process of elimination to try and figure out what things are.

We know its not a rock. It is probably not a flying pig. It could be a lantern. It could be some military secret craft. ........And so on. Eventually it will either be figured out exactly what it is....or remain unidentified. Unidentified does not always equal alien.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'd like to ask honestly from everyone. When there is a sighting, such as this one, you're immediately telling it's fake, balloons. When you're seeing something, which is recorded, you're telling it's CGI. I'd like to know what you're going to say, when you're going to see one in the reality.

"Oh, man. That's the greatest Live CGI Balloons that I ever saw."

Come on. That's what the gov wants to achieve.

I'm not bad from aviation, because I was a pilot. And those things are not balloons, that's for sure. You cannot hover, nor even control a balloon, not even a glider on that altitude perfectly, because you always need to correct the flight path due to the wind on that altitude. And if all four was connected, you simply cannot change their formation at all. It's that simple.

Plus, one minor detail, what everyone is forgot. If those things were solid objects, they must appear on the radar. The radars, the better ones are able to pick up everything from the size of 1 meter, above 150-200 feet. And those things were larger then 1 meter and flew above that altitude.

So, I'm asking again? Do you really believe that these things were balloons? Think again, because they were not.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Crystalline

When there is a sighting, such as this one, you're immediately telling it's fake, balloons

How is this any different then people immediately claiming its some alien UFO? It doesn't really matter what someone calls it....what matters is the investigation into what it is. The process of elimination, the discovery of what it could be.....is it this or is it that? Why could it be this or why could it not be that?

At the end of the day.....it is quite possible that it really is JUST fake or balloons. That is a possibility that EVERYONE should take into consideration while investigating what it actually is.

Wouldnt you rather know the truth then people's wishful thinking?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Click on the link below and watch the video of the Florida sighting. Notice at the end the newscasters even laughed at the lantern explanation. This wild speculation from rabid skeptics is getting to be funny and annoying.

www.local6.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I remember seeing a show some time back I think it was about the original Phoenix lights and they had used a program to determine what the lights were based on a catalouge of light sources. Anything out there for the mainstream I would think it would be very easy to determine if the light is a flame or not.

Also I have no audio here at work but do any of the videos produced thus far have the sound of the Jet's that have been reported?

link   
reply to post by Disgustipated

Why not!! If true, then it's just another example of how mind over matter works. No reason to dismiss his case.

link   

Originally posted by Dark Crystalline
I'd like to know what you're going to say, when you're going to see one in the reality.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Dark Crystalline]

I have seen one in reality and that does not change the fact that people are way too quick to jump to conclusions that everything in the sky or on a photo is a genuine, straight from outer space UFO.

Green Eyed Leo hit the nail right square on the head.

Being skeptical is wise; being gullible is not wise.

[edit on 4/22/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Yeah, I was surprised. I have never seen cobra's over the city before, blackhawks and chinooks yes, but never cobras. My son was so excited, since he loves anything military, I showed him how thin they were when they flew above us. I was also surprised because they appeared to be armed...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

I think the double and triple images, is do to camera movement!

Also why is it that this big fly over is only at night?! Night is when it is much easier to fake, lights in the sky! Let us see a day time, massive fly over.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
OK....

I don't know what this is, but here's a summary of what I'm thinking.....

Yes...they look quite similar to those lanterns....but...
How could they fly formation?
Maybe they are tied together......but...
How could they change formation( I've seen T's, V's, squares, and crosses in all these vids) without tangling up.. or running into each other? Also if they burn out one by one, could the remaining one lantern support the other three dead ones still connected to it? Because that IS what's happening....
I guess it's a kite.....but...
This still doesn't explain how they change formation, were seen at different locations, and in one video they mention that the lights are higher up then a passing plane...that's a helluva lot of kite string....

Add to all that the apparent lies of the air force, and well.......the jury is still out on this one guys...

Liquid

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Those are burning too long to be lanterns to me. Plus what the other fellow said about it being too hot here for hot air vehicles to ascend in the summer. I will try to construct a lantern today and launch it tonight. If I do not have time, then I will certainly get to it tomorrow. I am off to search for diy lantern plans now.

Hey! Tie a string on it or something on it will ya? Don't want it burning the East Valley down. One thing about the lantern theory, if that turns out to be the case, is that if somebody gets caught here doing something like that, they'll be in a heap of trouble with Sherrif Joe!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join