It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in Phoenix again!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by starwatcher1

Thanks for that photo. Now, the horizon is at 2-5 miles on that picture and those things are around that distance from the camera. I believe everyone saw a plane from that distance. What is the size of their position lights? Barely visible from that distance. These things were huge comparing to a position light. If they would be lanterns, they would generate the same or smaller light that the lights of a position reflector, which are on the aircrafts.

Whatever was on the sky, those things surely was not sky lanterns by my opinion.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Yeah this is the typical chart that they will look at when deciding which one is it.

Maybe they should add lanterns to this chart now.

[edit on 4/22/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
i love the weather balloon chart! LOL

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

Thanks for the ID chart. Now, we just need to identify, which weather balloon was.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I am not even going to bother watch the video! The government and media always lie and they are going to lie again! I am going to assume the lights are legit even if they are not.

Once a lier always a lier!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Video - Phoenix Lights author about last night
www.azfamily.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Crystalline

Welcome, If you look at the videos that have been posted, there is what appears to be a small plane in or around the lights. In comparison to the lights of the plane, these are huge. It would have to be a HUGE lantern to give off that much light. Just my 2cents worth.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

here here

and the OP, said there would be sightings all over the place

Arizona is not all over the place

so i dont think credit can go to the OP

coincidence? yes

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I Live in Tucson AZ. I have always thought the V shaped caft spotted flying from Phoenix to Tucson in 97 was a test of a Stealth V shaped blimp like this one:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Take a look at all the photos on the link.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I don't get it......NO one knows what it was in the sky, so what is all the fuss about really? Just chill out, wait and see. If the two events that took place(Az,Fl) are something out of this world I'm sure we will know soon enough. All of the speculation is pointless!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Grabed a sat image and put some points of refrence in it. Original image can be found wiki Items of note on the map the distance of the two airports is a little over 20 miles. Notice the mountain range in between which would obscure direct line of sight. Why is this important the lights were verified from Sky Harbor air control tower. Which means they would have to be fairly high up to be seen over the mountain range. Granted Piestewa Peak is not a huge mointain but it is large enough. This range was called Squaw Peak and has now been renamed Piestewa Peak. Tried to find a good photo from Sky Harbor toward Deer Valley to give and idea of how much the mountain blocks the view but no such luck. Just trying to help put things in perspective. Also is included Luke AFB where the jets were heard coming from.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by drift393]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaShredder

It's not possible, because that huge balloon would be visible on the radar. Plus, it cannot change it's shape as these things did.

By the way, strange, but AZFamily's Breaking News video, which shown this is suddenly became for registered members only video.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
lol its funny how debunkers just grab onto the current "in-theory" 10 years ago it woulda been exclusively weather balloons, now its chinese party lantirns
as if there is mass's of people randomly releasing these things every day of the year creating amazing displays of control & wind defying behaviour!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by Disgustipated
lol
I hate to say it
but does this mean this guy is right?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

IMO yes it does. I truly believe there is something to this. Great cross reference thanks.

Actually, I think this semi-famous thread may be closely related:

D4rk Kn1ght's confession of guilt

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

You don't see UFOs then because the link I posted didn't have plane
lights in them.
Oh, I get it, you post for planes lights.
Deny the Tesla UFO all you like, its not going away.
And neither are plane lights.
Stay happy with your Phoenix plane lights.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I do believe that 'they' are out there but i'm going to have to wear my skeptic hat today and agree with the lantern theory. They don't even have to be tied together to move in formation like that, a gentle breeze is all it takes, some will move differently to others.

Just out of interest, did anyone see a formation of 'balloons' in the sky in Hull (UK) today at about 5.30pm?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Sounds like another Aussi Bloke thread..I dont see how it relates to this though?!
Anyway he was already WRONG

"Jan 2007 in America you will have to get home land security to grant permission to leave the USA.." LOL uhm I just came back from the UK..no one stopped me
)

Originally posted by darkbluesky

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by Disgustipated
lol
I hate to say it
but does this mean this guy is right?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

IMO yes it does. I truly believe there is something to this. Great cross reference thanks.

Actually, I think this semi-famous thread may be closely related:

D4rk Kn1ght's confession of guilt

[edit on 22-4-2008 by XENONCOATED]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by XENONCOATED
lol its funny how debunkers just grab onto the current "in-theory" 10 years ago it woulda been exclusively weather balloons, now its chinese party lantirns..

LOL. its funny how the want-to-believers just grap onto the eternal "they are alien crafts" theory. and never even try to consider the more "earthly" explanation, not even for one second.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrayFox
I just thought of something. We could be seeing alien UFOs all the time and not even know it. There's nothing stopping ETs from disguising their stuff as our stuff. Put nanobots or something similar on some sort of sky lantern and no one would know the difference. The main ship stays cloaked and no one ever sees it.

Come on, people. Did anyone even notice my post? Wouldn't that be an amazingly clever way to study Earth secretly? Everyone sees the probes or whatever and just says they're only our planes, weather balloons, flares, etc. How would we even know any better? They are lanterns, but maybe not OUR lanterns! I'm no rocket scientist and I came up with it, so who knows what an alien could come up with? I'm not saying this is definitely the case, it could surely be some prankster's sky lanterns, but it's a clever possibility that would fool almost everyone.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I don't know what to think, but I'm going to keep an eye out tonight. I live in the country outside of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. You can see the sky at night, haven't seen anything really but I haven't been keepin an eye out. If they're out there, they should be 'round here soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join