It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in Phoenix again!!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Nothing was picked up on radar. If they were only 3,000 feet up and as large as they appear in the video they most definitely would have been seen on radar.

As for the flickering making many of you think that they are lanterns, watch this video:

vids.myspace.com...

When the second to last light first appears to go out, it is black for 9 seconds and then it comes BACK on. If these were lanterns there is no way that the flame could go completely out and then re-light itself. The same goes for the last light where at times the light is out for at least 5 seconds before appearing yet again.

Furthermore, some of the shapes made by these 4 lights are extremely geometric and not exactly abstract.

Here are some screen captures that I took from the same video above. They're in order of when they occur in the video.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Awesome post, I think this puts the Lantirn theory to rest unless the skeptics will invent some re-igniting special flame lol (probably as they invent whatever they want to make themselves feel safe heh)

Originally posted by InterestedObserver

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I wondering if its possible to post all of the videos that have been on this thread in one post??? It might be easier to compare notes. I'm not sure if I can do it. I have a nasty cold today and a nyquil hangover...otherwise I would make the attempt.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hi everyone. I've raised the "levels" curve in Photoshop and discovered a FIFTH light (a star perhaps?). You can do this yourselves, too, if you want to confirm this.

Here they are:

In these shots the white light is gone:

[edit on 22-4-2008 by TurnPike]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I bet they re-appear tonight! And to those thinking these maybe kites carrying lanterns, do you know how hard it is to get a kite to fly at night? Almost impossible. I used to fly kites religiously when I was younger, and I would try my hardest to kept doing it, even when the sun went down, w/ wind still blowing. It was basically time to come in at that point.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I just wonder why there are little or no videos of these Phoenix lights made available to the general public by the more powerful night vision equipments. Surely there has to be some newsworthy media with their expensive video cameras to post for the general public to view, too. Once again, I cannot tell what these lights could possibly be when the photos and videos were taken at night.

[edit on 2008-4-22 by pikypiky]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Interesting, But i would assume that 5th light is just a star in the background.

However I do agree with people that a kite or a lantern would be just way to hard to accomplish the geometric shapes that the lights archived. As to whether it is ours or theres is still to be decided in my book, Either way it was still something very interesting

Hakii

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hi im new to this site. a friend told me about it. i live in indian springs nevada , im across the street from chreech airforce base and down the street from the nevada test site , 3 miles south of mercury, and 58 miles west of area 51.. 27 miles north of las vegas. im posting this because almost 2 weeks ago i had saw 2 flying objects in the sky on the way to vegas on highway 95 south. ive seen this before my husband says its a plan but i keep telling him it wasnt. i saw a shiny silver like object and it hovered for a few minutes then it was gone. i have no idea what it was but i no the differance when i see a plane and a object i cant explain any way my husband works on a mountain in vegas 200 feet up in a strip mind so i got him up there while hes at work with his camcorder and i told him if you see any thing film it for me so if we catch any thing i will post if .. ill keep you all posted.. mar in indian springs aka area51 deltaforce..

[edit on 4/22/2008 by Area51 DeltaForce]

(*staff edit to remove unnecessary plug of members own website)

[edit on 22-4-2008 by pantha]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TurnPike

WOW that is an AMAZING find! Great job! The reason they probably do not show up in the other pictures is because each was cropped differently from each other in different parts within the video. You should go through the video and try to see if you can locate that white light in each formation, it almost seems as if it is an axis point.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
OK to all the people bickering if they are UFOs or not. STOP!!. This is a major sighting of the same type objects in many places all over the world at the same time.
As the largest and best forum for this kind of thing we need to do some serious sky watching tonight and all report what we see.
This has been predicted to happen by DarkNight and others, One to the day. Weather its real Aliens or Government type hoaxes we may never know, At least till someone shoots one down in Time square or E.T. lands on the Rose garden. I think we have allot more evidence that our governments are behind this more than anything so we need to be on our toes.
I will be watching for sure.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It doesn't really matter if they are lanterns or not. It reminds me and gets me more intune with just the thought of thinking about UFO's. The more I think about them, the more interested I am. The more reason to love them.

The thoughts you create in your head, eventually manifests into reality. The government always tries to hold us down and make us fear about UFO's. Even aliens themselves. The government wants people to fear the government and other people.

I don't want to forget to mention that I personally think that all of us are alien to each other one way or another. How did we all come about as being the only "most intellegent lifeform in this universe?" When we know that we can make a robot that can significantly exceed above human intelligence.

That's a hint indicating that surpassing human intelligence is not impossible, but a possiblity that even life elsewhere, has more advanced capabilities than we do. We are only begginning to learn and explore more of what's out there.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shrukin89

"The thoughts you create in your head, eventually manifests into reality."

I'll remind a dragon next time I meet him/her. Thinking does not always equal manifestation.

However, these items are clearly UFO's, being unidentified and all. Except for those that, probably, are laughing due to their lanterns causing headlines.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by BlueEyes]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
What would be the result if someone were to use a high-definition video camcorder and couple it to a large-aperture telescope?

Wouldn't this gather a lot more light, and sharpen up the resolution tremendously... so we could determine just what these things really are?

If you've got the know-how to do this, I'd get ready in case they come back tonight...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Sky lanterns (天燈) are traditionally lanterns made of oiled rice paper with a bamboo frame that contain a small candle or fuel cell, which is a waxy combustible material. When lit the fuel cell heats the air, creating smoke, and causes the lantern to rise into the air. The Sky Lantern is airborn for approximately 15 minutes, or until the fuel cell is exhausted, then the Sky lantern floats back to the ground.

Source from Wikipedia

So they typically last 15 minutes, but from what the OP said someone got 15 minutes of footage. There are also multiple other witnesses with footage, it is all over YouTube. These would have had to been launched very close by or they wouldn't have been able to get 15 minutes of them at a high altitude.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I am sorry, and I respect the method this fellow appears to have used.
www.byrumsequipment.com...
add those, weatherballoons, and some rope and you have a recipe for inspiration.

13 minute burn time = ~ 2 -7 minute ascension time.
Too bad.
for the backing evidence
www.abc15.com...
and his post
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sigh.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Featheredskeptic

Wow that is devastating, watch the video. He says it was his neighbors balloons with flares on them.

www.abc15.com...

EDIT: But wait a minute, this guy looks military. Is this the beginnings of a cover-up?

haha and OT but the reporter mentions that there are already conspiracy theories, I wonder if they're referring to my email that I sent them saying that someone had predicted this happening on AboveTopSecret.com!! (they posted it in their eyewitness comments section haha)

[edit on 4/22/2008 by InterestedObserver]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
That's funny, me and my fiancee had the same conversation, lol. We live in the Arrowhead area, and the F-16's fly every night, when they're landing they get really loud, they must be firing the engine in reverse to slow down or something, then they suddenly get quiet.

Hi! Isn't it amazing how loud those engines get? Sometimes our windows shake. (We live over by West Wing, btw.)

There is that auxiliary field just south of Wittman. I wonder how often they make use of it.

[edit on 4/22/08 by GirlNextDoor]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
After watching the Myspace video they look like they could possibly be lanterns, if a breeze or slight wind is hitting the flame it could knock it out of angle to the cameras view, the flames might be pretty well shielded so wind doesn't knock out the flame.... but the glow, and the nature of the blinking as well as the way it goes out, looks to be flames.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedObserver
reply to post by Featheredskeptic

Wow that is devastating, watch the video. He says it was his neighbors balloons with flares on them.

www.abc15.com...

EDIT: But wait a minute, this guy looks military. Is this the beginnings of a cover-up?

Reporter: "Amazing what people are willing to believe"
...and then they both laugh...

I wonder if the reporter will track down the neighbor...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
www.abc15.com...

Alas, the news report confirms what I pointed out earlier. The last two lights tend to disappear and then reappear. I do not see how flares could do this. I'd like to know if that guy in the interview link that I posted above has any connections to the military base around there, though I do admit this case is looking as if it is about to come to a close.

Furthermore, it sounds like such a crude balloon/flare design when the man in that video above describes what he saw. He also said that sparks were flying off of the flare. Isn't there a decent possibility that the flare would catch the balloon's string on fire as the flare wore down?

Watch the way this emergency flare burns;

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 4/22/2008 by InterestedObserver]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join