It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute Ad Reshapes US/Mexico Map & Borders

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
For those of you who are curious as to what else Absolut is absolute about here is a link to their ad gallery.

Absolut ad gallery

Trust me their ad team must have a lot of time of their hands...there are quite a few ads here.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Eww, this just learned:

This ad appears in Quien Magazine, which is owned by Time Warner and also appears on billboards in Mexico. Quien claims a "total audience" of 513,000 readers in Mexico and the southwestern U.S.

Story has also hit some other news sites, has hit the DRUDGEREPORT, but not their main page. They most likely won't report on it unless it gets major attention (thats the way they are these days).

[edit on 3-4-2008 by battlestargalactica]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
And a retort ad:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by battlestargalactica
And a retort ad:

what does it say? unfortunately, i can't read it and don't know how to blow pictures up.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I did not make the graphic, it says: Drinking is bad...then I think the rest is giberish..

But Absolut is product of Sweden, so this pokes back at them, having Finland and Norway occupy the peninsula, BUT you probably know that bit of history judging fro your name

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by battlestargalactica
I did not make the graphic, it says: Drinking is bad...then I think the rest is giberish..

But Absolut is product of Sweden, so this pokes back at them, having Finland and Norway occupy the peninsula, BUT you probably know that bit of history judging fro your name

Actually, the Finn in my name is for Finn Maccumhail, Irish mythical character. Didn't know about norway and Finland controlling Sweden. Learn something new every day I do

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I understand that they usually have 'edgy' and provocative ads, many of them slanted towards progressive crowds and popular with gay men. And I 'get' why they did this ad. If you see the whole ad campaign, there's some videos on youtube too, showing revolution in the streets and it all turning into a pillow fight. Artsy, edgy, political, surrealist. But.

But advocating overthrowing the US government to appeal to the Aztlán reconquista chicanos whom they see as their target audience for selling hip, edgy vodka to, that crosses the line of good taste and enters the realm of dangerous political territory. All I can say is what were they thinking? I suspect that they'll find, that even people like me, who aren't the typical sort to be alarmed by this stuff, finds it offensive.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

I suspect that they are going to feel the heat very shortly on this ad, it is hitting the net like a firestorm now, many blogs and newssites are picking it up-fast too...

Then again with the media, you never can tell, it could be killed by someone 'up there'...keep tabs on it.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by battlestargalactica

I emailed it to Lou Dobbs didn't get a reply yet. Im sure he will have something to say about it. They ticked me off with the ad then to find out its on billborads to.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Keep this thread informed on how that goes

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ ♦♦♦♦♦♦

Other news: oooo I found a nice clear image of the ad!

Here it is:

img519.imageshack.us...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Maybe the folks at Absolut should be forced to accept pesos for payment of their product?
One good turn desrves another.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Maybe since the PTB aren't hiding anything anymore, they (Absolut) figured "why the hell not?"

I don't know if this has been posted in another thread or not, but this is probably worthy of it's own:

SuperHighway

I guess it's not a conspiracy "theory" anymore.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by Twiggie]

[edit on 4-4-2008 by Twiggie]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
How about everthing south of the current border blue...As in ocean....As in they are all dead.
No fence needed...Now that would be a perfect world. And who is going to win back this land....A bunch of motel maids, strawberry pickers, and roofers.......Because the Mexican ARMY would run like hell when a MOAB went off in front of them.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Twiggie

My guess is that it will take 90 years to build this thing...when every night people against it are destroying road building equipment. Using all those parked tractors and truck for target practice

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

I have to agree with you. With the beginnings of dissent on this issue already apparent here at the TX Capitol regarding the invocation of "Imminent Domain" with regards to the land required for this Trans Texas Corridor, there will be a proverbial maelstrom for a good while. At least this issue is finally starting to be taken seriously by more people. I just hope that this isn't the 11th hour.

Austin is Ground Zero for this, and here is where dissent is starting to be voiced:

TexasToll Party

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
maybe my history is off here but didnt the citizens of the SW US (which were primarily of mexican decent at the time) VOTE to join the union and become a state?

so, what, their great great great grandkids want to change thier minds now?

good luck with that, let me know how it works out i suppose but plz wait til i move back out of cali

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
New image, this looks like it's on the side of a building, but it could be a perspective illusion too, not sure of the origin...

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Maybe it's a US thing but I don't get it, what's the big deal? To me it just seems to be a humourous advert, nothing to get so steamed up about. And yes, I would still think the same if it were about my country.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by Chris McGee]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Ok guys, Reality Check: it's just an ad, if it was a Budweiser ad showing us carving up Canada, do you think Canadians would boycott the company.............no. All those talking about they will never buy Absolute again will most likely get sloppy drunk of some tonight....lol. Anyway what you should realize is that once again you are getting a sneak preview of what's going to happen, the opposite: America gobbling up Canada and Mexico. Thats my 2 cents, and will drink Absolute til the end.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
they were drunk

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join