It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute Ad Reshapes US/Mexico Map & Borders

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
They were just discussing it on fox news.That hot chick megan kendall.The mexicans seem to have enough problems maintaining the land they already have so this wouldn't make it any easier.Besides we won it and we built it into what it is today.Plus we already have 20+ millions of illegal immigrants here anyway.Imagine if those were the borders.Imagine how bad the immigration problem would be then.We'd be reduced to the north east.Personally I think we should take the rest of Mexico and send them south.LOL.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 19DCW71

OOO FOX picked this up! Nice find and post, wonder how big this is going to get? We will see..

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
why buy swedish vodka everybody knows vodka comes from mother russia tovaricsh hic excuse me

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This map is completely ridiculous...

its advertising this "new mexican/american border" that is completely unrealistic, foolish, and impossible. If there was ever an increase in territories- It would be America taking over more of Mexico's land...not letting Mexico impose on our land. Get real here people...USA would never do something like this, despite its downfalls.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyson50
reply to post by battlestargalactica

Ok guys, Reality Check: it's just an ad, if it was a Budweiser ad showing us carving up Canada, do you think Canadians would boycott the company.............no.

canadians boycotting a beer company? lol yer right, wouldnt happen

unless they want to claim they'd boycott a US beer company, but that would change once canada is officially the 51st state

to our canadian brethren, this is just a joke.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Absolute is the bud light of vodka. Whatever they have to say holds no weight.
Try Snow Queen.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Just pretending if this ever did really become this case..

I say we burn, uproot, demolish, and eradicate everything we built up as we leave, then see how well they can do without our infrastructure supporting them. Everyone wants something for free that they dont deserve and its getting old.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks this is being taken WAY to seriously. I mean someones propsoing a scorched earth policy already. Is this really that sensitive of an issue?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Tenebrous

Just do a search on +absolute +mexico +ad...
You will the many people that are weighing in on the absolut ad story, and many are quite enraged over it.

The US at this time is engaged in war in Iraq (that most feel should be over), weak (to say the least) economy and many other issues nagging at people emotions 9and pocketbooks). This is hardly a time for an ad such as that, or maybe it was done deliberately...?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The ad is a spin off of a report by a "Dr. Charles A. Truxillo" and a paper he wrote several years ago titled “The Inevitability of a Mexicano Nation in the American Southwest and Northern Mexico”Link to Abstract
In short he says due to Washington being so far removed and uncaring about the Western US and Mexico's Gov. not caring about Northern Mexico that it would be a natural progression if the two breakaway and combine to become a new country...

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
All i have to say is...

If Mexico wants to fight, im game...

The picture is now on the Front page of Drudge...

WHy would Absolute want to see a second Mexican-American War???

Isnt therte a better way to bring our troops home, then to invade Mexico?

[edit on 4/4/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Perhaps the ads MAIN purpose is to EVOKE these emotions??

To rile up an already jittery nation and to reinvigorate Mexican emotions at the same time? Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

" ... or maybe it was done deliberately...?"

Lol, that was my thought, that this is just another step in the path to outrage Americans (or perhaps everyone in general). I have been drafting a thread about that very subject. (I am indecisive about posting it because sometimes reception becomes problematic). The PTB using methods such as these to fracture different parts of society. This particular situation seems to fall right in line. Build the angst so that the people rebel. The pressure is increasing in intensity and frequency, imho.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19DCW71
They were just discussing it on fox news.That hot chick megan kendall.The mexicans seem to have enough problems maintaining the land they already have so this wouldn't make it any easier.Besides we won it and we built it into what it is today.Plus we already have 20+ millions of illegal immigrants here anyway.Imagine if those were the borders.Imagine how bad the immigration problem would be then.We'd be reduced to the north east.Personally I think we should take the rest of Mexico and send them south.LOL.

Can't be allowed to even be considered. The mexicans cannot take care of the country they have.

Why? Just compare the border towns that sit across from each other. Imagine San Diego turned into a larger Tijuana.

What would happen? The "new" mexicans would just start sneaking across the "new" border.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Haha never thought of that.

When China took control of Hong Kong in 2000 (1999), even thought China and Hong Kong (which was originally leased to the UK) were the same country, China still maintained a border from Mainland China.

This was due to the wage disparity that still existed between Hong Kong (high wage relatively) and mainland (low wage).

It's interesting.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
JUST IN: The Absolut Mexico Ad has hit

www.drudgereport.com... !

It is on their frontpage, now we see the speed this story will explode at..
Must have hit within the past hour or so, before that was in the retort section.

Here's the link:
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

[edit on 4-4-2008 by battlestargalactica]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I find this ad insulting.

Fine with me. Grey Goose is much better anyway.

So long Absolut...

[edit on 4-4-2008 by loam]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
If that border were to come true I would feel sorry for the Mexican people. They would have to walk all the way to the Colorado River and swim across to get a job.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
If this showed all of North America as the US, do you think Mexicans or Canadians would get this riled up, especially from an add from a liquor company from another country Believe me, I want to be American even less than you guys wanna lose California, but I'm not going to boycott a sub-standard vodka over it. The paranoia over this is ridiculous, as has been stated, Mexico is no position to dream of this idea.

You know what is scary?

The North American Union

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Lets be fare to the anti-sentiments of the posters who are having a problem with this ad, this ad strikes a nerve of an argument that goes much deeper. This, in a way, better justifies the responses that you are seeing from Americans, because of the actual implications that the ad represents. Many Mexicans (from Mexico) do in fact believe that the southwest US belongs to Mexico.

For futures sake, we could quite possibly have a problem on our hands. Unless The US, Mexico, and Canada form as a single union (which would have its own set of problems), but then you still have the corrupt, criminalization from Mexico that will undoubtedly work its way further north, and east. There are several ways to effectively combat this now. However, both republican and democratic party's are guilty of pandering to illegal immigrants, especially all the candidates running for president, The left sees cheap votes, and the Right sees cheap labor.

I think a big step in the right direction would be making English the national language of the US. Also, going after company's who knowingly hire illegal aliens is an effective way of combating this problem. It is relatively simple, turn off the incentives that they come here for, and they will simply cease to come here.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by West Coast]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join