It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute Ad Reshapes US/Mexico Map & Borders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
thats a hilarious ad,

imagine if it really was like that?

i guess they were targeting the Mexican people, If i was mexican i would buy that drink

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
well we did kill them and steal their land, I would be pissed off for a long time to.

Just sayin

The US bought and paid for, financially, as well as through blood, that part of the US, which Mexico had "owned" (which is a word I use very loosely) previously for a paltry 23 years... That hardly accounts for "stealing."

[edit on 3-4-2008 by West Coast]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

I agree Mr. Xmotex.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well, if Mexico wants California, knock themselves out. It wouldn't be missed.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Although I tend to agree - at least I agree that right and wrong are by no means clear, it's important to note that many Americans even at the time felt differently. Including one prominent American who served in the conflict:

"Generally, the officers of the army were indifferent whether the annexation was consummated or not; but not so all of them. For myself, I was bitterly opposed to the measure, and to this day regard the war, which resulted, as one of the most unjust ever waged by a stronger against a weaker nation. It was an instance of a republic following the bad example of European monarchies, in not considering justice in their desire to acquire additional territory."

Personal Memiors of Ulysses S. Grant

-

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Very interesting to see such corporate advertising... or is it?

Follow the Money - Funding of the Radical 'Hispanic' Lobby Group

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Heres a map I just found from Yale its interesting to see what it looks like and to see what is wrote in the bottom left corner. New Mexico part of New Spain. The map is dated 1698.
map small size info on right
map large
Seems Florida where I live now used to cover everything from east coast to west coast.

I also found this on Yale website interesting document calling for the removal of Kickapoos and other Indians from Texas and Mexico dated 1874.
document

[edit on 3-4-2008 by JBA2848]

[edit on 3-4-2008 by JBA2848]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by battlestargalactica

California, Washington, Nevada, Arizona, Texas, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, New Mexico and portions of Idaho are appearing to be under MX ownership in the ad.

Don't want to be picky but Looks like Washington is still above Oregon and still in the US

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

Yea I think I was writing both Washington and Oregon but deleted the other one from the list by accident. It looks like the line in the Absolute ad map cuts off directly at the present day Oregon border, travels east taking most of Idaho, and actually takes a sliver of Montana as it travels to encompass Wyoming.

It may also take that sliver of Oklahoma as well, but it's hard to tell in this image.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by battlestargalactica]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I kind a like this map better. Much more Absolute if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

I like that flag, I haven't seen it before nor the history around it.
Thanks for the info.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

I actually despise war and was kidding. There's no winners in a war and thousands die. If we could take all that money that is spent on wars and feed the nations we'd be a much better world. We could of been to mars by now and further with that money.
I love this sign.

[edit on 4/3/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Solarsky:
Have you heard/read the Iron Mountain Report? Some say it's a fake document, others say its genuine, in either case still worth a read.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by battlestargalactica

Yes I have and that's not the way I want peace. The UN can kiss my A@S. I don't want that kind of power given to anybody or our rights taken away like that. I just wish there was a better way to do peace.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I can just see the commercial:
"This is your map,
....this is your map on Vodka!
Any questions?"

I wonder what the Tequila map will look like?

[edit on 3-4-2008 by Alxandro]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Vodka gives me heartburn

Now an aged, high quality shot of the best Kentucky has to offer; thats the ticket

Go to Mexico. Leave the tourist areas and have a good look around. Wash your hands often (one of my friends caught hepatitis the first week), eat packaged foods only and carry a weapon for the road bandits. If you make it out safely you will agree that land is in far better hands.

Most people who visit only see what they want you to see just like China. To know and love Mexico you have to mingle with the natives in the villages. Wonderful friendly people ruled by monsters and drug-dealers. If I were there I'd sneak over the border also.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Mexico is a big country, not all of it is like you pictured. Go to mainland MX, even to some of the sleepy old historical towns couple hours outside of Mexico city. We too have our banditos in the US, though ours are more advanced and subtle in addition to the crude ones like in Mexico.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
with all due respect,

i don't think absolut vodka company has enough pesos to purchase all of those states from the union and place them inside mexican borders, lol. on top of that, i know for a fact mexico lacks the military ability to take them by force, and absolut sure as heck doesn't have its' own private mercenary company like blackwater to do it with either.

its just a patriotic mexican ad, playing on old prejudices towards the USA for having those states in the union, because mexico lost a war to the USA over those same lands. thats ALL it is .. nothing more to see here, no conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
So far this ad hasn't hit the mainstream media as far as I'm aware, some blogs, a forum (this one
). I'm not sure if absolut is praying it doesn't hit or if they really don't care (under the idea that any press is good press).

Here's what some people are saying about the ad (no particular order just a general sampling of comments):

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

"Greater Finland" is great, considering it's a Swedish vodka!
People that are wound up about this should down a few shots and lighten up.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

I , for one, will never purchase Absolute ever again.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

I knew it! Absolute is in favor or European domination. The map obviously means they want the US Southwest returned to Spain. They probably have one with the Louisiana Territory being returned to France and the colonies going back to England.

With the dollar in the crapper maybe it could happen. Guess I'd better learn French.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

I don't agree with their politics but I do agree with their vodka.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

Do you know if it’s possible to buy this ad?

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

Maybe Absolut should publish an ad showing all Mexicans obeying U.S. laws, entering the country legally and learning English. This ad is a sure way to alienate a huge number of its U.S. customers.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

I’ll be pouring my absolut down the drain today. What a bunch of morons.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

This is an outrage! Did you ad crew just take a class in community college or something? How dare you INSULT The United States just to sell your poison to some hispanics. I hope you go under from lack of sales. I know I will work very hard to make that happen.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

Pissed about the add? Make it known to the idiots running this corporation!

Jeffrey Moran
Director of Public Relations and Events
The Absolut Spirits Company, Inc.
1370 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10019
USA
Phone, direct: +1 212 641 87 20
E-mail: [email protected]

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

This is “absolute-ly” disgusting and unacceptable.
As a legal immigrant, I am sick of the open borders crowd and the nudge-nudge wink-wink corporate activists that support undermining US sovereignty and the rule of law.

I am forwarding this to everyone I know so they can be sure to avoid Absolute. I am also going to ask that our local vendors stop carrying it in an all-out boycott. It should be delisted from the military exchanges.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

You can also buy this ad on an ebay auction
that I just found.
cgi.ebay.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join