It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheists Air Brushing History?

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I just used the University of Kansas City Law School and the Vatican records.

What did you use?

ignorance

denied

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

At this moment in time, I do not have the ability, nor the effort left in me, to pull sufficient rebuttals....accurate rebuttals, to refute your post.

Let's allow the audience, who are no doubt going to read these exchanges, chime in, for the mean time.

If all else fails, attack bad typing errors and spelling
Ok Ill chime in,

Whammy owned you

Deal with it

- Con

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Hate to repeat myself, from a different thread.....but your childishness is showing.

I would welcome a more worthy debator.....Ash, where are you?????

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

Mao (atheist zealot) killed millions of Christians. Stalin (atheist zealot) burned 100s of churches and killed millions of Christians

Strange thing, we actually know about that. So how exactly then does your idea of 'airbrushing' apply here?

Of course, if you'd lived under those regimes you might not have known about it happening, where you would have actual revised history, instead you are in a country where you can think for yourself and think atheists must be up to something. Maybe they are in those countries, but does that really imply that:
revising history > due to> atheism?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by apex

Perhaps you did not read any of the thread? The airbrushing is the fact that atheists frequently blame religious motivations for the killing and violence in the world. They love to bring up the crusades and inquisition. All the wile not even mentioning the fact that in the 20th century many many more people were killed by atheist communists. It's airbrushing by omission.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Bigwhammy...what's up pal? It's amazing. Any thread you are part of is like a soap opera. You can leave and come back weeks later and you are exactly where you were weeks ago. It's amazing that you are still talking about the same thing over and over and over and over and over again.

Your chance to make a point is LONG gone. And if you are keeping score, the Christians have every other religion or belief system beat by millions of dead bodies. MILLIONS!! And Christians have had less than 2000 years to do their killing and they are still way in the lead.

No one needs to "airbrush" history friend. History is what it is!

I love how every Atheist becomes a Communist to you to help you better sell your fairy tales.

Thump on brother. Thump for Jesus!!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
this thread should really be dead right now, it came to the conclusive point that atheists do airbrush history simply as a consequence of being human, not because of some c-c-c-crazy atheist conspiracy.

humans airbrush history

case
closed

mods: please, stop the belligerence that is this thread
pretty please?

edit: removed an unnecessary apostrophe

[edit on 6/4/08 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Would you like some whine with that cheese MIMS?

Nope thanks to your buddy weedwhacker who kicked this thread back up. We got to reveal how atheists have airbrushed the history of Galileo. Which was a brand new piece of evidence of atheists airbrushing history.

So thanks to weed for keeping this thread very much fresh and alive!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Persecution of Christians in Atheist Soviet Union

(only 3 min.)

Persecution of Christians in Atheist Soviet Union

The most oppressive and human-killing regime's have been when Atheists have taken over governments. Nevertheless, atheists claim that people of faith are to blame for mass amounts of people's lives being taken. This is not based on facts. In the past century, Atheism forced its beliefs on people of faith or simply slaughtered hundreds of millions of them.

Russian Atheist Government Atrocities:
The Soviet Union was the first state to have as an ideological objective the elimination of religion. Toward that end, the Communist regime confiscated church property, ridiculed religion, harassed believers, and propagated atheism in the schools. The main target of the anti-religious campaign in the 1920s and 1930s was the Russian Orthodox Church, which had the largest number of faithful. Nearly all of its clergy, and many of its believers, were shot or sent to labor camps. Actions against Orthodox priests and believers along with execution and being sent to labour camps, included torture, prison camps or mental hospitals. Christians were also subjected to psychological punishment or torture and mind control experimentation in order to force them give up their religious convictions. Theological schools were closed, and church publications were prohibited.

The Soviet Union was the first state to have as an ideological objective the elimination of religion. Toward that end, the Communist regime confiscated church property, ridiculed religion, harassed believers, and propagated atheism in the schools.

Many Christian believers in the Soviet Union were imprisoned for no other reason than believing in God. Many have recently been canonized as saints following their death at the hands of Soviet authorities.

An intense ideological anti-Christian campaign was carried out throughout the history of the Soviet Union. An extensive education and propaganda campaign was undertaken to convince people, especially the children and youth, not to become believers. The role of the Christian religion and the Church was painted in black colors in school textbooks

School students were encouraged to taunt and use peer pressure against classmates wearing crosses or otherwise professing their faith. In the 1920s there were many "anti-God" publications and social clubs sponsored by the government, most notably the scathingly satirical "Godless at the Workbench" (безбожник).

Criticism of atheism in the Soviet Union was strictly forbidden and could lead to imprisonment. Anti-religious propaganda was openly sponsored and encouraged by the government, which the Church was not given an opportunity to publicly respond to. The government youth organization, the Komsomol, encouraged its members to vandalize Orthodox Churches and harass worshippers. Source: Википедия
Youtube

[edit on 6/4/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

ok, i've had it up to here..
wait, that phrase doesn't make any sense on the internet

...starting again

i'm fed up with this thread. you've clearly ignored the content of my post in favor of your ridiculous notion that you need to demonize atheists, to the point that you accuse me of whining.

i'm saying something simple.

all
people
airbrush
history

it's just a fact of the human condition

it would be a miraculous fluke if a group didn't.

thread
done

you're just here to demonize atheists to serve your petty agenda.
the denial of ignorance would be the denial of such ridiculous behavior and the closing of this thread.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hello Bigwhammy,
"Another atheist thread?" Well, isn't that surprising....

I have heard them all, and from previous posts that I have made from the invariable accumulations of all the "Atheism" hub-bub, you know which way I lean. "Atheist" if you have forgotten.

The way that things are as of right now, there is not enough proof, but I don't want or need any from any religious "Extreme" Christians, Islamics or Jewish sects, etc., etc... God in your eye's exists, so why the constant ramming of "What, where , when and whys?" You think that anything to do with any atheist shouldn't effect your out look or any other believer's of any faith.

Your initial thread post was interesting, and way off the topic of there being any connections at all that "Atheism airbrushing history" as to discredit your belief system. Atheism is a personal choice, made by individuals. Just like your belief system, anyone can make their own choices, and what ever particular sect they chose is also going to be affected by their actions to blame the whole tribe of his beliefs and moral qualifications? I think not. I don't hold you responsible for the Spanish inquisition anymore than I believe there is a true God.
"Nice try though."

And for your information, there are actually three major causes of war, and it is quite unique to find that the categories are exactly what you try to defend in your original thread post.

Major Causes of War
Three Major Causes of War There are many problems or things that have or may cause wars. I’m going to talk about three major causes of war. These three causes are: religion, politics, and land disputes. The first major cause of war is religion. Religion is a very person and important matter to many people. This is the reason that it causes so many conflicts. Beliefs are very import

Source:
www.radessays.com...

I know this particular website boasts that it is an essay page, but it serves the cause for the acceptance of bad things and very cruel things haven taken place in the name of religions and their individual belief systems.

I personally don't believe in anything but myself, for I am accountable for what I do and what is done to me. imprisonment, enemies, neighbor that hates me, government that prevents me from being acceptable etc, etc., etc. I could go on and on, and by the way, "I don't even believe in our political or official offices of this planet!" They are the barbaric and self absorbed fat cats that are in their places to call for these so called "Reasons of conflicts" that are dividing not just the world, but the individuals that inhabit it, kind of the way you "Don't want to offend anyone , but....." statements. Church and state are not divided, they are so close, they have become one, and if you deny that? You should probably leave us "Atheists" to rest, because you would have to be literally blind (Mentally) to not see that.

On your thread post, you had put a web page there as a source of your information for the "Darwinian" explanations of how atheists are airbrushing history and how his works influenced men to become atheist. Well, I have to agree with your first few posters that are atheist, "That is really far fetched." Though I have read "Origins of Species" it had no impact on my current status of being an atheist. So, best drop that for an argument.
Here's the page your information came from, the "Home" page of your definitive information:

It is our desire to help you and your family fulfill the will of God.
To do this we have provided several Biblically-based learning materials that cover a wide range of topics.
Please feel free to browse our RESOURCES and share them with others.
We also have several BOOKS that you can read online. Some are also available to save as Adobe Acrobat (pdf) files.

www.parentcompany.com...

Sounds as if "Good Ole Darwin" isn't the only one that tries to use literature as a form of propaganda as a believer may like to think. This whole discussion of "We're right, Your wrong" childish back and forth is getting very old and less, and less acceptable, it is a moot point for discussion for either side and has no definite answers, for either side, even if an atheist inquires for one.

There are a long list of writings of why wars and the like are caused, can't put them all here individually, but they seem to list the aforementioned three in the explanation's, provided it isn't written by a "Religious" individual, then the reasons of these thing's taking place takes a drastic turn to an outside influence other than any religious sect? Funny that happens, "Isn't it?"

www.ask.com...

Why can't society with this "Jesus" like, or "Savior Characteristics" just leave the atheists alone, we don't want to follow your lead, and a true atheist never would, so quit giving us a black eye for defense of your insecurities and delusional belief systems.

[edit on 073030p://3174 by Allred5923]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Christians, Islamics or Jewish sects.

? ? ? Rather specific, aren't we? Seems you have a problem with the sumerian gods, eh? That's FASCINATING!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

i'm fed up with this thread. you've clearly ignored the content of my post in favor of your ridiculous notion that you need to demonize atheists, to the point that you accuse me of whining.

No one is forcing you to read it sir. There are a disproportional number of threads attempting to "demonize" Christianity. When the evidence has clearly demonstrated atheism doesn';t need to be demonized it defines the term.And you are still whining.

'm saying something simple.

all
people
airbrush
history

it's just a fact of the human condition

it would be a miraculous fluke if a group didn't.

No atheists are ATTACKING making grand claims of the evils of religion while ignoring the history of atheism. Sorry incessant whining will not deter me from denying your ignorance.

you're just here to demonize atheists to serve your petty agenda.
the denial of ignorance would be the denial of such ridiculous behavior and the closing of this thread.

A little exaggerated sense of self-importance there MIMS? Well of course you do... you are an atheist. Maybe you can airbrush this thread right off of ATS. After all you would love to sweep this history of atheist atrocities under the rug, right? Perhaps bury it down at the bottom of the forum. Hmmm?

Thanks for keeping the historical realities of atheism alive by bumping it back up.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I accidently forgot the "etc.'s" in that statement. Thanks for calling me out on that!!

But isn't it amazing of how three little unused letters alters anothers respect or closure to the points trying to made? Absolutely fascinating, as well...

But, it was an "Unseen" mistake on my part.
"Thanks Undo, You've to allow me too avoid a possible thread bashing, atheist confliction to an all out war of words and possible assessments of me being a prejiduce person, which I am not,"

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Hello Bigwhammy,
Another atheist thread?" Well, isn't that surprising...

This one has been here a good while...

Your initial thread post was interesting, and way off the topic of there being any connections at all that "Atheism airbrushing history" as to discredit your belief system. Atheism is a personal choice, made by individuals. Just like your belief system, anyone can make their own choices, and what ever particular sect they chose is also going to be affected by their actions to blame the whole tribe of his beliefs and moral qualifications? I think not. I don't hold you responsible for the Spanish inquisition anymore than I believe there is a true God. "Nice try though."

And I don't blame you for millions killed by Mao, Pol Pot & Stalin.

But the high priests of the Atheist sect known as Darwinism led by zoo keeper Richard Dawkins have asserted relion as the "Root of All Evil". Which was ignorance that deserved denial.

nd for your information, there are actually three major causes of war, and it is quite unique to find that the categories are exactly what you try to defend in your original thread post.

A recent comprehensive compilation of the history of human warfare, Encyclopedia of Wars by Charles Phillips and Alan Axelrod documents 1763 wars, of which 123 have been classified to involve a religious conflict. So, what atheists have considered to be "most" really amounts to less than 7% of all wars.

On your thread post, you had put a web page there as a source of your information for the "Darwinian" explanations of how atheists are airbrushing history and how his works influenced men to become atheist. Well, I have to agree with your first few posters that are atheist, "That is really far fetched." Though I have read "Origins of Species" it had no impact on my current status of being an atheist. So, best drop that for an argument.

hilarious
How many atheist creationists do you know?

Why can't society with this "Jesus" like, or "Savior Characteristics" just leave the atheists alone, we don't want to follow your lead, and a true atheist never would, so quit giving us a black eye for defense of your insecurities and delusional belief systems

No insecurity here, just denying ignorance. A factual historical response to the radical atheist agenda perpetrated by the Pope of Atheism Dick Dawkins and his demon altar boy St. Christopher Hitchens.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

First, in regards to your inquiry to "How many Atheist Creationists do you know" question.
None, I was trying to point out that we are all entitled to our own perceptions of life and what feels right for us as individuals, so why drag "ANY" personal belief system through the coals, especially if it is only because "You" don't agree? Seems to be the only logical answer, as far as I can tell. But, I may be misinterpreting your point. But any hoot, that is what I meant by the statement.

For the argument of the findings you had posted about the "Latest facts for religions being a part of war", I haven't read the article yet, but I have a feeling the individuals that acquired all of the information were more than likely religious individuals themselves, so it would make it kind of a one-sided investigation in my eye's , but don't hold me too that assumption, I will check it out and re-post on the outcome of my understanding of both the men and the circumstances they had ended up with this figure.

There are so many wars going on right at this very moment that would beg to differ from your point of view that religion wasn't a true and staggering factor of these conflicts. There are a lot of hits for war and religion, (Didn't run across the article you were talking about.) and they might be blogged or self created sites, they are first hand acceptances to what has taken place and why they are so adamant to conclude that religion was the major cause for the wars of today.

The role of religion in civil unrest and war:
Often, the media does not identify the precise causes of some of the conflicts around the world. Clashes are frequently described as being ethnic in origin, even though religion may have been a main cause.
The true causes of unrest are sometimes difficult to determine. Frequently, there are a mixture of political alliances, economic differences, ethnic feuds, religious differences and others: 1
In Northern Ireland, "the troubles" are partly rooted in Catholic/Protestant differences, partly in political allegiances, and probably partly in hatreds that go back so far that the exact reason is lost in the mists of time.
The Rwanda genocide was mainly between the Hutu majority and the Tutsi minority. The religious split in the country (75% Christian, 25% indigenous) appears to not have been a significant factor.
The war in Bosnia-Herzegovina was among three faith groups, (Muslim, Roman Catholic, and Serbian Orthodox).
The horrendous civil war in Sudan has a significant religious component. But inter-tribal warfare, racial and language conflicts are also involved.
A group of world religious leaders from the Buddhist, Protestant, Catholic and Orthodox Christian, Jewish, Muslim and many other faiths met in Geneva Switzerland during 1999-OCT. They issued a document, The Geneva Spiritual Appeal, asking political and religious leaders and organizations to ensure that religions are not used to justify violence in the future. Delegates believed that that then-current 56 conflicts have religious elements.

www.religioustolerance.org...

I have tightened up the above quote for space saving reason's, but it is quite fascinating to see that there are 56 wars going on right now or recently that would allow one to conclude that the information you have said holds undeniable statistics may be somewhat inaccurate.....

"Quite a bit of a shorter time than from back in the 1700's, don't you think?"

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
Would you like some whine with that cheese MIMS?

Nope thanks to your buddy weedwhacker who kicked this thread back up. We got to reveal how atheists have airbrushed the history of Galileo. Which was a brand new piece of evidence of atheists airbrushing history.

So thanks to weed for keeping this thread very much fresh and alive!

Wait, wait...wait, er, now, just a gosh darn minute!!!! Why does BigWhammy get the right to drag my name through his "airbrush"?!?!? (that's my impression of Jimmy Stewart....)

wh...wh....when did I "I" become a 'buddy' of this 'soulmadness' fellow?? (Try to picture Jimmy Stewart in "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington")

Ah, ah, ah....I believe you have ....er....made some sort of mahstake.....

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

so buddha's bad too?
and what about that ra fella?
horus? osiris? krishna? indra?
shiva? thor? odin?
not good either? any particular
reason you feel this way?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

so buddha's bad too?

Never really said a thing about Buddhism, "Did I ?"
It's just a belief system or deity anyway, nothing to miraculous here, just another religion in my eyes.

and what about that ra fella?
horus? osiris? krishna? indra? shiva? thor? odin? not good either?

All prefabricated deities that the Christians don't even believe in, and why should I care if you got offended by my posted opinion and examples? I don't really care, it was stated to prove a religious aspect is there for a cause of war.

any particular reason you feel this way?

Yes, there is. "I am atheist." 'enough said? Good.

So, what's your prerogative here, or point for that matter?

And by the way, all the deities you had mentioned, they should have capital letter's in the first letter position. FYI

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

So, what's your prerogative here, or point for that matter?

what if i told you that i could prove to you with ancient texts and artifacts, archaeological discoveries and a bit of sleuthing, that these were real
events and real "beings"?

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join