It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheists Air Brushing History?

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Gigatronix

Umm according to their beliefs.
We are ALL sinners.
Themselves included.
Remember the whole religion is based off the idea that we are imperfect and only through obiedence to the church err I mean "Gawd" (though many don't see a difference) are we to be redeemed?

So sinner is just another word for human with them.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

i think we've found through this thread that atheists may be airbrushing history, but not more so than any other group in particular

Well,, Ill be damned, I thought I'd never see the day, I'd respect a post from you madness but honesty is a respectable thing and it should be praised publically when given in the face of an opposing worldview when it could have just as easily been withheld in defiant disagreement.

I'm impressed.

- Con

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

That's right. Also note the definition of sin is disobedience to God. So it should not hold any sting to an atheist.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

That's right. Also note the definition of sin is disobedience to God. So it should not hold any sting to an atheist.
Hehe so when you say sinner, you mean human, is that right? So by your own definition, you're a sinner too? So you're no better than the rest of us then, nor any smarter. Basically we're equal then? I can live with that, I'd rather be equal to you than have you telling me you're better than me.

Imagine that, a respectable believer like yourself is equal to a godless morally bankrupt degenerate like me.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigatronix
Imagine that, a respectable believer like yourself is equal to a godless morally bankrupt degenerate like me.

Actually,, whammy is even worse because he knows better!

Get your life right whammy!

you back slider! HA HA

- Love Con

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

Actually,, whammy is even worse because he knows better!

Precisely. To whom
much is given, much is expected.
It's a flippin' pain in keister.
I'd protest it but that'd be kind of self-defeating.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I fail to see how what he said was a bad thing for which "he should have known better".
Explain please?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I'm feeling the pressure now too

He means because I believe in sin and have knowledge of Gods standard - I can not claim ignorance as an excuse. It's on my shoulders to be a good example. undos right it can be a pain. Luckily - I can model myself on the gentleness and meekness of conspiriology.

[edit on 5/14/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

well, i'm still in opposition to the continuance of this thread as it seems to exist for the singular purpose of making a single group look bad for engaging in a very human practice that is nearly universal and is in no way unique to that group

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Luckily - I can model myself on the gentleness and meekness of conspiriology.

mwahaha

that was priceless.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I think some people live for the conflict. (On both sides)
Which is why this argument amongst soo many other pointless arguments persist.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Luckily - I can model myself on the gentleness and meekness of conspiriology.

That's right, Whammy. You hang in there. The next time you are in a bind and don't know what you should do, just ask yourself:

WWCD?

[edit on 5/14/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
The next time you are in a bind and don't know what you should do, just ask yourself:

WWCD?

Poor Con! He stepped in that one!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bobafett1972

Well said! The privilege of writing History goes to whoever had the biggest guns and killed the most people. Sad, but true.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
for a few thousand years, the first five books of the bible were an oral history. it hadn't been written down because it was the history of the human slaves, from their perspective. a similar history, although occassionally different, can be seen in the mainstream writings of the time, but from the perspective of the gods, rulers and kings.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Exactly the Jews were slaves to the Egyptians yet their history was preserved better than the Egyptians. In fact the Jews were whipped around and enslaved by the Babylonians as well yet most of our history of the Babylonians comes from Jewish sources...

Gee I wonder why?

Perhaps It was....

divine intervention

Poor Con! He stepped in that one!

But he knows we love him.

[edit on 5/15/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
whammy,

can you send me a link to ALL your songs, so i can download the ones i want to my desktop?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

As an avid reader of anything by Richard Dawkins, a 21-year Christian-turned-Agnostic, and a firm believer in the scientific evidence that is evolution, I find it offensive (and sad) that you assume I have a "world view" that is Darwinism or materialism, or that we are all "communists." It shocks me that you believe that the only reason a person would be a good humanitarian would be due to belief in reward after death. I am a medical pathologist and devote my life to the sick. I am actively involved in several "causes" including animal rights, child welfare, and eradicating malaria in Africa. I don't do these things because I think I'll be rewarded after death, but because I want to do them. Being raised in a devout Christian home, I know firsthand that Christianity is highly revolved around a materialistic reward after death (i.e. "mansions" and "streets of gold"). So, please don't assume that anyone who doesn't believe in God lives a life of materialism, and that the Christian afterlife isn't based on that exact ideal.

In addition, when I first read "The God Delusion" I also did not totally agree that exposing a child to religion was "child abuse." However, I had an experience that changed my mind. I recently attended a funeral for an infant baby, whose 5-year old sister was "saved" and "repented and gave her life to the Lord." It was so disturbing to me that this baby was allowed to make those kinds of decisions without even knowing there are other options for her. I saw myself in that child, and began to understand the reality of the abuse that Dr. Dawkins mentions in his writings. These children are brainwashed (which is abuse), simply because they are not allowed to be exposed to all their options before determining the path of belief, or non-belief which they will tread.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I'm going to go online, and actually buy an airbush!!!!

Because, I like to build scale models....sometimes of real airplanes, someitimes of real spacecraft....sometimes imaginery spacecraft.

I have the right, don't I? To do as I wish???

If I buy an airbrush, then I just use it to build a model, for my own enjoyment. It's a hobby!

In this day, and modern age, to continue to use the term 'airbrush' shows a complete lack of knowledge.....everything is DIGITAL, now, my friends...

I need an airbrush, to spray paint....if you wish to corrupt a photo, you do it digitally.

Of course, everything you do digitally is tracked....oops, there goes the Conspiracy Theory!!!! Oh, well....try again!!!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I think you're confusing Atheism with Fascism. Regimes like that of Mao's and Stalin's were fascist, ie power and decision making is highly centralized. Another example of fascism is the Christian church. Athiests on the other hand are the exact opposite, being highly decentralized.

So the moral of this thread is that fascism is to blame for all of these problems, and because organized religion is generally highly fascist, they are in part to blame. Whereas, Atheism being highly decentralized is the solution to these problems.

So you've proven yourself wrong.

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join