It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Q and A

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackops
No One,

Sorry if you have answered this already (Therefore I Missed It) what is "RED FLAG", who issues it and what for?

thanks in advance

Black ops

en.wikipedia.org...(USAF)

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonke05

No One,

Sorry if you have answered this already (Therefore I Missed It) what is "RED FLAG", who issues it and what for?

thanks in advance

Black ops

en.wikipedia.org...(USAF)

Jonke,

Your link didn't get the whole URL. It literally goes to a red flag. :-)

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hoppy, does your wiki answer relate to a51 & GL ?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by blackops

emsed1 fixed it.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Not answering for no_one, so correct me if I am wrong...

Red Flag happens at Nellis Air Force Base, next to Groom Lake.

I think a lot of military folks, planes, equipment, etc. go down there for the exercises and a lot of activity dies down at GL.

I am speculating, of course, but I do think it lends credibility to no_one's claims. If there were only a skeleton staff at GL because everybody was working at Nellis, they would probably give a lot of the contractors time off.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Here is info about Red Flag Alaska - this is public information BTW

RF-A
Red Flag-Alaska, a series of Pacific Air Forces commander-directed field training exercises for U.S. forces, provides joint offensive counter-air, interdiction, close air support, and large force employment training
www.eielson.af.mil...

It involves many different nations who stay at the base while the exercise takes place.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

It doesnt just happen at Nellis. It happens in Alaska too.

There is nothing really secret about it. Its a great air show for those of us who live on base and fun to meet people from other countries!

I have the most amazing video on Red Flag that is given to some who work it. It is HD and is like having a seat in the cockpit.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
thanks e1 for the info.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

It doesnt just happen at Nellis. It happens in Alaska too.

There is nothing really secret about it. Its a great air show for those of us who live on base and fun to meet people from other countries!

I have the most amazing video on Red Flag that is given to some who work it. It is HD and is like having a seat in the cockpit.

That's very cool! I didn't realize there were exercises in Alaska as well.

That has to be an amazing sight. I have seen some video of the Nellis exercises, but I think Alaska is the most incredible and beautiful place I have ever been.

It would be really cool to see all that excitement against the backdrop of the Alaskan skyline.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by no_one817

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Can you also answer Zorgon's question that he has asked a few times.

posted by Zorgon

Above the door to S-4 there is a 'symbol'... can you please tell me what it is?

Thanks

i have minimal knowledge of S4. I do not work there. I have debriefed maybe a handful of people who have worked there in my years. To my knowledge there is only a steel door. I have heard nothing of any 'carvings'

This last paragraph I find very interesting. Specifically the grammar.

'carvings'?

Does this confirm, or more accurately imply affirmation of the specific 'geology' of S4?

Edit: add smile

[edit on 8/2/08 by cbianchi513]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

My husband actually just corrected me. The video we have is available to the public. With that said, it is an INCREDIBLE video. It has some cheesiness to it because the pilots are "acting" in it
but watching the flying, the scenery is incredible.

Here is its: www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1202506398&sr=1-1

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

thanks e1 for the info.

You are welcome!

I had the fortune of seeing this movie at the Air Force Museum in Dayton last year:

Fighter Pilot - IMAX

The scripted/acted parts are very cheesy, but the film itself is incredible. There is plenty of cockpit and ground observer footage. It also helps that the screen is six stories high and there are four bazillion speakers.

If there is anyone here on ATS who has not been to the Air Force Museum it is truly worth doing. We spent an entire Saturday there just looking at stuff and we could have easily filled up two more days. It is VAST and contains nearly every plane you could imagine (Air Force, that is) and other displays like actual atomic bombs (decommissioned, of course) and a silo with five huge ICBMs from various eras.

Just to steer this back toward no_one, I personally think that seeing and touching all the aircraft that came from black projects makes you realize that there probably are some really amazing things going on out in the desert.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by emsed1

My husband actually just corrected me. The video we have is available to the public. With that said, it is an INCREDIBLE video. It has some cheesiness to it because the pilots are "acting" in it
but watching the flying, the scenery is incredible.

Here is its: www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1202506398&sr=1-1

HAH HAH! Simulpost!

That's the same IMAX movie I was writing about at the same time you posted. That's really funny that we both thought the acting was cheesy!

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
No One - whats the nickname for Back Gate Road?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Too easy question.. Took me 5 seconds to find that out if this was what your looking for.

Groom Lake/Area 51 Security Manual LOCAL TERMINOLOGY LIST

FIGHTER TRIGGER/EAGLE

PROJECT BANDIT

AIRBORNE INTRUDER BOGEY

HELICOPTER MONGOOSE

NTS HELICOPTER DRAGON #1/#2

BACK GATE FIRST BASE

NORTH GATE SECOND BASE

MAIN GATE THIRD BASE

SITE HOME PLATE/C-BASE

BALD MOUNTAIN R-l/R-7

PAPOOSE MOUNTAIN P-l/P-7

BACK GATE ROAD SUNRISE RD

LAKE BED ROAD SEASHORE RD

ETC....

[edit on 8/2/2008 by Freelancer]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

I think a lot of military folks, planes, equipment, etc. go down there for the exercises and a lot of activity dies down at GL.

I am speculating, of course, but I do think it lends credibility to no_one's claims. If there were only a skeleton staff at GL because everybody was working at Nellis, they would probably give a lot of the contractors time off.

There is a TON of information on this website, including pictures, about Red Flag. I would also suggest checking out their forum - you would be surprised who shows up there...

www.dreamlandresort.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FosterVS

Originally posted by emsed1

There is a TON of information on this website, including pictures, about Red Flag. I would also suggest checking out their forum - you would be surprised who shows up there...

www.dreamlandresort.com...

Interesting site. I have heard of it, as it isn't for the UFO buff. So i take it I don't have to explain what the Red Flag is.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
no_one817: Who should I vote for? Is any president worth voting for in your opinion?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT51
no_one817: Who should I vote for? Is any president worth voting for in your opinion?

Vote for whoever you feel would lead our great country the best. I understand why you want to know as it might have a serious impact in the future. But you have to trust your gut on this. As an American I refuse to try to sway your opinion.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AWingAndASigh

The UN would most definitely help the United States as without the United States the UN would not exist.

Mitch

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join