It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Q and A

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
no_one817--

Please forgive me if this was already addressed...I have been reading the thread, but after 24 pages, I may have missed this.

How long do you stay at the facility? e.g. When you fly out there, do you fly back after your day or are you there for an extended period?

If you are there for an extended period, what is your living arrangements like? Do you have a private room or roommate(s)? What do you do for passing the time? Do you have Internet, TV, or Radio? What can you bring in to read?

Again, if this was addressed, please don't flame me.

Thanks.

delius

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by delius
no_one817--

Please forgive me if this was already addressed...I have been reading the thread, but after 24 pages, I may have missed this.

How long do you stay at the facility? e.g. When you fly out there, do you fly back after your day or are you there for an extended period?

If you are there for an extended period, what is your living arrangements like? Do you have a private room or roommate(s)? What do you do for passing the time? Do you have Internet, TV, or Radio? What can you bring in to read?

Again, if this was addressed, please don't flame me.

Thanks.

delius

I fly in around 415am. My day ends around 6:30 and I'm flown off the bas around 7ish. I do not stay in the dormitories.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
no_one817,

Thank you for the reply...another question-what is your educational background? e.g. what degrees to you currently hold and major/minor areas of study?

Thanks,

delius

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by no_one817
I don't understand people sometimes. Is it because you really really don't want to believe me? Fine, then don't come on the thread. But to declare I am a liar because my wife gets home from work sometimes at 9 pm ( Remember Vegas is a 24 hour economy) and is asleep by 10 or so.... So what I was back on posting after midnight. The answer is rather simple. She was home, I spent time with my wife until she was asleep, and I then decided to watch tv and come back on here. I swear, some of you reach, and it blinds you.

Dude, you are confusing your fantasy world with your real life. Let's pretend you are this agent of the government with some down time. Why would your wife care if you were surfing the internet when she got home? How could she deduce from that that you were attempting to reveal state secrets? And if you insist that is the case, then why in the hell would you continue to post at all, especially in the middle of the night (3am!) if her catching you could compromise your situation?

More importantly, when you were posting, you weren't saying anything of any substance anyways (but just enough to get busted), so again, WHY RISK EVERYTHING if you are saying nothing?

The fact of the matter is that in your attempts of trying to sound important in your fantasy world, you got over imaginative and unrealistic. You know I've caught you in your little game, and now you are going to have to make up some more crap to explain your situation. Have at it.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
That sounds like information that could be used to identify somebody, if you ask me. Starting with a list of people who debriefed the people who hatched the conspiracy plot, then narrow it down to people who fly in and out each day instead of staying in the dorms, then if he posted his educational background there would probably be a rather short list of suspects left.

If your story is true, I wouldn't answer too many of these questions about your personal background...

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
That sounds like information that could be used to identify somebody, if you ask me. Starting with a list of people who debriefed the people who hatched the conspiracy plot, then narrow it down to people who fly in and out each day instead of staying in the dorms, then if he posted his educational background there would probably be a rather short list of suspects left.

If your story is true, I wouldn't answer too many of these questions about your personal background...

Im not going to answer about my background. And FYI, the JANETS fly about 1000-1500 people a day. I doubt I narrowed the field.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

I don't understand people sometimes. Is it because you really really don't want to believe me? Fine, then don't come on the thread. But to declare I am a liar because my wife gets home from work sometimes at 9 pm ( Remember Vegas is a 24 hour economy) and is asleep by 10 or so.... So what I was back on posting after midnight. The answer is rather simple. She was home, I spent time with my wife until she was asleep, and I then decided to watch tv and come back on here. I swear, some of you reach, and it blinds you.

Dude, you are confusing your fantasy world with your real life. Let's pretend you are this agent of the government with some down time. Why would your wife care if you were surfing the internet when she got home? How could she deduce from that that you were attempting to reveal state secrets? And if you insist that is the case, then why in the hell would you continue to post at all, especially in the middle of the night (3am!) if her catching you could compromise your situation?

More importantly, when you were posting, you weren't saying anything of any substance anyways (but just enough to get busted), so again, WHY RISK EVERYTHING if you are saying nothing?

The fact of the matter is that in your attempts of trying to sound important in your fantasy world, you got over imaginative and unrealistic. You know I've caught you in your little game, and now you are going to have to make up some more crap to explain your situation. Have at it.

I don't know where I got 'over imaginative' If anything, people are complaining I'm not giving enough of a story to be believable. I ALREADY explained that I have never told my wife a thing for risk of compromising her. She knows I will never talk to her about my job, hence why would I want her awake or around me while I post? Another sad attempt at reaching for straws. If you don't believe me, then leave. I am not going to mindlessly try and convince you. You didn't catch me in any little game. Happy hunting.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by no_one817

But you did say enough information about who you are that it could be easily narrowed down. If you are who you say you are, then you have already compromised yourself with the information you have provided.

There are not that many people who would be in your position who knows about a major plot of the Government that involves terrorism and maybe an assassination.

Just sayn'

[edit on 10-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

But you did say enough information that who you are has been narrowed down to a small amount. If you are who you say you are, then you have already compromised yourself with the information you have provided. There are not that many people who would be in your position who knows about a major plot of the Government that involves terrorism and maybe an assassination.

Just sayn'

You could be right, or you could be wrong. So far, I am safe, and I think I will continue to be safe seeing as nothing has happened to me.

I find it odd that people want the truth, and then when they get it, they spend all their energy trying to disprove it. When they can't do that, they use the fact of giving said truth as just another reason its all fake.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I find it odd that people want the truth, and then when they get it, they spend all their energy trying to disprove it.

But just because you say something is so, doesn't mean it is so.

So, you come here to say "hey, I got some info"....and people ask questions, then you answer....and if your answer seems a little off...then people dig further to find "truth".

THAT is how one finds truth....not just blindly accepting some screen name's claim that its true.

I have no idea if you are legit or not. You haven't provided enough evidence to show either way. Your answers are very vague and the ones that aren't vague are completely unverifiable.

Cant really blame people for seeking what is actually the truth. If you weren't up to the task of scrutiny....then maybe you should have never opened yourself up to it?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I find it odd that people want the truth, and then when they get it, they spend all their energy trying to disprove it.

But just because you say something is so, doesn't mean it is so.

So, you come here to say "hey, I got some info"....and people ask questions, then you answer....and if your answer seems a little off...then people dig further to find "truth".

THAT is how one finds truth....not just blindly accepting some screen name's claim that its true.

I have no idea if you are legit or not. You haven't provided enough evidence to show either way. Your answers are very vague and the ones that aren't vague are completely unverifiable.

Cant really blame people for seeking what is actually the truth. If you weren't up to the task of scrutiny....then maybe you should have never opened yourself up to it?

I'm pretty sure I have shown how I have been up to the scrutiny. I have answered questions for 25 pages now. The only times I lost my cool was when people would ask me or accuse me of things when they skip what I had written previously. So many accusations that are simply answered by previous posts which end their argument.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure I have shown how I have been up to the scrutiny. I have answered questions for 25 pages now. The only times I lost my cool was when people would ask me or accuse me of things when they skip what I had written previously. So many accusations that are simply answered by previous posts which end their argument.

I totally agree that you have hung in there and been very cordial.

But im sure you know that when you make such a huge claim, you are going to be expected by many to provide some type of evidence to back it up. Such a huge claim accompanied by a National Security Threat that you claim to know about is going to bring out much more scruitiny, then if you had just posted about the UFO you saw

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I totally agree that you have hung in there and been very cordial.

But im sure you know that when you make such a huge claim, you are going to be expected by many to provide some type of evidence to back it up. Such a huge claim accompanied by a National Security Threat that you claim to know about is going to bring out much more scruitiny, then if you had just posted about the UFO you saw

Understood. Well, I look forward to more questions then. Lets all hope what I claim to might happen, doesn't.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I had the job of keeping people quiet and brainwashing them to the point of becoming a drone.

...and your 'job' today is?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I fly in around 415am. My day ends around 6:30 and I'm flown off the bas around 7ish. I do not stay in the dormitories.

Thats a heck of a working day. Even if you live close to LV airport, thats quite a schedule, when do you get a chance to sleep?

[edit on 10-2-2008 by Goldtop]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I have no idea if you are legit or not. You haven't provided enough evidence to show either way. Your answers are very vague and the ones that aren't vague are completely unverifiable

No evidence at all has been given. The answers that aren't vague are purposely written that way to make it appear to be truth since nobody will find anything to prove it (try to get people to think you must be giving out info that's only within Area 51 and not public knowledge). Why? Because there's a 99% chance it's all made up.

This is one of the things that makes me believe this is a hoax. Here's the main reason I believe this person is making all this up:

no_one's first thread

His first post in that thread:

testing ip address tracking. While this post has nothing to do with gl. My knowledge does. The cat will be let out of the bag

Keep this in mind: He says he's in the security field. He's the one that keeps EVERYTHING from leaving Area 51.

Now what's wrong with this picture?

He implies he works in the security of the place to keep things from going out. His first post on here is him talking about how he's testing the site to make sure his IP isn't traced, but mentions in that very same post that he has knowledge of gl (Area 51) that he may let out once he knows he can't be traced.

1.) How's he testing if his IP is being traced without access to the ATS server logs? He'd need access to these logs to know if it's working. i don't see how you'd test soemthing like that wihtout them.

2.) Why would you choose the site you don't want tracing you as the site you first test it on? This doesn't make any sense at all.

3.) Why would you mention what your intent is in the very first post you make if you're not sure if the software you're using is working to keep you from being traced? If it doesn't work the first time then your IP address would be in the logs. If it works later on, it doesn't matter any longer because your IP has already been recorded.

If you work in security at Area 51 and wanted to let the cat out of the bag, why would you use software that you're not even sure works? I think Area 51 would have working software to keep you from being traced.

That alone blows his whole story away because it tells me he knows nothing about the security he implies to be his job. Also, the way he got mad when the other Area 51 employee happened to pop up here not long after he first did. The way he got mad and attacks this other person is pretty immature. He already admitted it was an ego thing. In other words, he feels he's above others and doesn't like the attention being drown away from him.

One last thing, someones been going around to a few forums on the internet mentioning these threads and they all imply that zx is a hoax and no_one is real. Wonder who that could be?

I dont want this for the little internet abovetopsecret.com fame it will give

He expected to get some internet fame out of this or he wouldn't have said "fame it will give". Another reason I think this is just to get some attention.

Not a personal attack. Just giving out my theories on why I believe no_one817 to be a hoax. Everything he has said is knowledge you can find on the internet and everything else he won't completely answer. When people do that, 99% of the time it's a hoax.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by nightmare_david]

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Hoax or not,
I find it frustrating when posters like this don't lay it all on the line in the first few posts and drag the thread on for as long as possible.

I can say with 100% certainty if i had something interesting to say such as he does, I would spill everything I have then and there and answer questions thoughtfully and as accurately as I can.

Hoaxers, much like marketing scams, will draw things out for as long as they can.
Members here need to learn this, and stop giving them what they want.

I have no questions for 'no_one', as he seems to have no real interesting information in the first place anyway. And if he has any and has scattered it throughout the pages, i've missed it and lost interest.
This is why all information should be placed in the OP.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by T0by

Thank you TOby... a very articulate off-topic post! Wait, folks have spent so much time and energy attempting to discredit and debunk _817, that I almost forget the topic at all!

I tend to hold my words until I have something useful or thought provoking to write. Re-hashing what others have already said is "junior-league", in my opinion.

For example: Why would folks want to know _817's personal background/habits/software use, etc.??? Would this information truly be used to confirm that he is telling the truth? Surely we can't all be so naive to assume that a man with his training and security background will be foolish enough to answer questions like these... Well, on second thought, reading through the thread again, I see that many of us are! I expected more from ATS members... Guess I set my expectations far too high.

Asking the same questions, or differently worded versions of identical questions is an OLD psychological trick. It's designed to catch a perpatrator in a lie. In my estimation, _817 has stood up to these MANY attempts to do just that, and in fact has done so with poise and professionalism. It is for this reason, above others that I feel he IS who he says.

Asking the same questions over and over is not only disrespectful to the OP, it also disrespects the members who have been following this thread from it's inception. It also makes the poster of said question look like a dolt. READ THE THREAD IN IT'S ENTIRITY BEFORE MAKING YOURSELF LOOK IGNORANT! Nothing on this thread kills a poster's credibility for me like a question to the effect of "How many aliens live at gl??? Thank you in advance." I just want to reach through cyberspace and apply a chokehold to the poster- they are obviously doomed to a life of mediocrity anyway, I'd be doing them a favor!

Just think before you post, ok folks? The debunking attempts are becoming redundant, and I for one am sick of them. The majority of them are unimaginative and poorly designed anyway. Put something cohesive together if that is your aim.

Me, I'll just stick to reading and asking an occasional query... If you don't or can't answer, _817, I'll understand- I've asked some tricky and sensitive ones I know. No skin off my back.

Until next time!

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Man, this 'hoax' crap is getting old.

Either the guy is the real deal or not. This thing is already in Skunkworks, so all this 'hoax' crap serves no purpose. Can we just get back to the Q&A?

I think all of us are skeptical or we wouldn't be here, but it seems like 20 pages of this thread is just tired regurgitated 'hoax' talk.

817 has been very patient and isn't forcing anyone to believe him. Whether or not he is telling the truth this thread is very interesting.

I think we have seen over and over that none of us will be able to prove or disprove his claims, so can we just get back to asking questions to judge for ourselves?

OK... rant off... :-)

817 --

Do you like your job or is it pretty much like any other job once the mystique has worn off?

Do contractors have the opportunity to move around to different positions or are you pretty much confined to what you were hired for?

What happens to people if you debrief them and they totally choke on the questions and you think they may spill something if put to the test?

Finally, and I don't know if you can answer this, but what is the most amazing or unexpected thing you have seen during your time there?

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Asking the same questions over and over is not only disrespectful to the OP, it also disrespects the members who have been following this thread from it's inception. It also makes the poster of said question look like a dolt. READ THE THREAD IN IT'S ENTIRITY BEFORE MAKING YOURSELF LOOK IGNORANT!

Exactly!

I think we all just posted the same thing. :-)

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join