It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun worship or Son worship?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by KanehBosm
Sun worship or Son worship?

Maybe Son Warship, or Sun Warship. Then there's that book called "The Axe of the Apostles". I think it's about them gathering wood. I remember something about Paul gathering wood for a fire at Malta.

Homonyms are fun, but not necessarily correct.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

d that was just too funny. Thank you for putting a smile on . . .

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

When ask at the last supper about the return of man, and the "new age" the SON of God says, when you see a man holding a picture of water enter into his house,... the "house" of the ZODIAC that w are about to enter is AQUARIUS, his sign is a man holding a picture of water......

I didn't quite understand that part, can you go into detail? I had a dreamvision of something resembling this many years ago and I still ponder upon it because I never understood it. What return of man? Who said this?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

you can goole, "sons of god" 'pineal gland" or "pharmacratic 2007" to start learning more about this "SUN" worship issue.

The Masons, the Illuminati, AND the Magicians of the world KNOW these stories....

Uh...we do??

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Actually according to the research I've read, Jesus was born September 11, 3 BC Here's just a link to one of the many sites that show this to be true.

www.worldofchristmas.net...

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hasn't this argument already happened in hundreds of other threads? Especially threads on Zeitgeist (which I'm pretty sure the OP just watched and decided to post about). And one note to the OP- PLEASE stop CAPITALIZING every OTHER word IN your POSTS, i AM a VERY auditory READER and THIS constant UP and DOWN makes ME annoyed.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
Site your sources or close the thread. If you cannot get real creditable sources and list them why bother starting a thread? List the sources to back up the basis of your points. No one should have to go out and search a bunch of useless websites just to find out that old false opinions are being regurgitated without any actual facts. Your first tip on the Internet is to not believe everything you read on the Internet.

I don't need any SITES to back up my FACTS about the what I said the satrs indeed do,.... just go look up!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KanehBosm

The thing is, the sites that support the sun worship claim don't back it up either with solid evidence. In fact, when you truly "look it up" as far back as you can go (like the religious sources of the figures in question), the exact opposite of the original post will be proved. When you are faced with anecdotal evidence there is no way to either verify or disprove because it's stretched to make a fit. Just my two cents.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Christianity has often been associated with pagan sun worship. No lack of evidence to show simularities either.

- 1 sun/great light, around him are 12 disciples (zodiacs/starsigns) each with their own place in the heaven.
- Alot of roman catholic idols/symbols have sun-star/halo appearances.
- Christmas itself was a pagan holiday celebrated by pagans long before christianity originally, and even set on the date for the new sun / new year: (Winter solstice, interpretation of the event has varied from culture to culture, but most cultures have held a recognition of rebirth, involving holidays, festivals, gatherings, rituals or other celebrations around that time. On winter solstice, the sun ceased to decline in the sky and the length of daylight reaches its minimum for three days.) Has been known since the Bronze Age (c. 2000-1600 BC), so clearly not of christian origin.

There are alot of coincidences indeed, too many to list.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I don't need any SITES to back up my FACTS about the what I said the satrs indeed do,.... just go look up!

So let me get this straight: You start a thread called Sun worship or Son worship claiming it to be fact yet your only facts are buried somewhere in you brain? That is not fact my friend, it is conjecture on your part. Usually this is how it works: Someone starts a thread about how Fraggles are in fact real and they live under your house. Here is where the OP then inserts what they consider to be proof be it pictures, videos, or other websites and books backing up said claim. Then others come by and comment with their opinions and facts and thus a civil discussion begins.

See, it is easy.

No matter how fantastic or sublime, here on ATS it is okay. But what is not okay, it to fancy on by and start a thread and make us, the members and reads do YOUR leg work.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingwoody
Hasn't this argument already happened in hundreds of other threads? Especially threads on Zeitgeist (which I'm pretty sure the OP just watched and decided to post about). And one note to the OP- PLEASE stop CAPITALIZING every OTHER word IN your POSTS, i AM a VERY auditory READER and THIS constant UP and DOWN makes ME annoyed.

Nope, never seen that movie, and what annoys you, is actually YOUR problem.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

The thing is, the sites that support the sun worship claim don't back it up either with solid evidence.

Why do they need to in this case, the proof is right there in the pudding? You don't need more chocolate pudding to prove you are eating chocolate pudding. In other words when you have the 800 pound gorilla right there staring at you in the face, you don't need anything else to tell you it's a gorilla...it's so obvious it's absurd to even have this dialog!

[edit on 31-1-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bobafett1972

Please quote what I claimed to be a fact? Only what happens in the sky I claim to be facts. As above, so below.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by KanehBosm

I already did in the last post I made when you made the remark about not having to prove your facts. Hence my post questioning why we have to do the research on what you claim to be fact, instead of you presenting it. I mean, I did quote you directly in my previous post, so I do not know what you want.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow
Why do they need to in this case, the proof is right there in the pudding?

Because in order for the proof to be in the pudding, we would have to be worshiping the sun. We do not do this. We believe the sun was part of what our God created and do not worship it. Should we worship the potter (God/Jesus) or the clay (the sun)? I'll take "Potter" for 500, Alex. Saying our beliefs are based on ancient "sun" worship because Jesus is the "Son" is silliness. Or that the 12 apostles are the twelve signs of the zodiac. Are my eggs Satanic because I buy them by the dozen, too?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Your missing my point entirely, but it may not be your fault. Consider this. Without first taking Math 101, 102 and 103, you would be missing many "points" as it were if you enrolled directly in math 400 calculus theory....I'm trying to point out an example. I think there is little hope for us in reaching any sort of general understanding even of some of the most elementary parts of the discussion because we are viewing the subject material from two completely different levels. There's little doubt that you have a vast orthadoxical knowledge of scripture and dogma...you don't have to prove that anymore to anyone...however the discussion is unable to move forward without a better understanding of the "language" of research, and I'm not employed to teach it to you...I've tried here and there to help you along, but it's like there's too much water in the jello, or the yeast is bad....I wish there were some way for you to get some training, and we could meet back here in say 4 to 6 years and then talk about it...

At least the positive thing however is this material gets people to think, to communicate, and perhaps motivates them to gravitate towards reason and all the while we learn more...I'm grateful for that part of these discussions.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Has anyone mentioned Jordan Maxwell yet? Google that name. He's done a few informative videos on the subject. Matrix of Power and The Naked Truth are very good videos to watch.

video.google.com...

[edit on 31-1-2008 by corusso]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by corusso
Has anyone mentioned Jordan Maxwell yet? Google that name. He's done a few informative videos on the subject. Matrix of Power and The Naked Truth are very good videos to watch.

video.google.com...

[edit on 31-1-2008 by corusso]

The Naked Truth is an excellent video for everyone to see.

AshleyD, and others who practice any other religion.. I recommend you watch it.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Er... the "death of the sun" immediately being described as "crucified" is a stretch. It's not making paganism the source of Christianity- that is making Christianity pagan with pained force. Where are you quoting from anyways (if at all)? Obviously something that postdates Christianity. Regardless, Jesus was not born in December to our knowledge and his crucifixion coincided with the Jewish Passover- not at the summer equinox in the summer where the sun is "at it's highest." The cycle does not begin to wane until the summer. Just my two cents.

Do you see any parallel with the sun laying down at it's lowest degree on the horizon for 3 days around late December, then start rising again back up into the heavens that pagans viewed as celebration time with anything to do with the new testament and the jesus story or Christmas? Maybe you don't, i don't know. But think about it, it should strike you suddenly if you remember the new testament.

According to both jewish and roman historians, there was no such person called Jesus ever crucified. The closest match was a guy called Yeshua. Infact, you won't find 2 sources outside the bible to any man named Jesus or Yeshua doing great things around Israel at all in history from that time. He only pops up in the bible new testament story.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by corusso
Has anyone mentioned Jordan Maxwell yet? Google that name.

Originally posted by eudaimonia
The Naked Truth is an excellent video for everyone to see.

AshleyD, and others who practice any other religion.. I recommend you watch it.

1) So the video starts (and by starts I mean after three minutes of introduction) by quoting a source of a source talking about the chalice. I don't want a source of a source. I would like to know the original religious source about the "blood/wine chalice" and how it went from "feminine to masculine" and something about the female menstrual cycle. Not just that but we are never told where this belief originated. Very important.

2) A few minutes of pointless jibber jabber later we're back at the chalice and masculine giving his blood and the female menstrual blood (no wound necessary). I love it how Christ Mythers always point out exactly where the beliefs are in the Bible (something we already know) but not where the pagan inspiration is supposed to be. Just "this was believed." By who? When? Where is this documented?

3) Holy grail and crusades? What does this have to do with the Jesus movement? Nothing. The holy grail was later some mysterious Holy relic and the crusades were carried out by men centuries after the life of Jesus.

4) He throws out that the story of Krishna and Jesus are similar but never goes into detail. That proves nothing. If you read the Vedic writings and the New Testament, the two are about as different as night and day. They have maybe 2% of what is believed about them in common.

At 6 minutes and 21 seconds I gave up. Didn't have the patience for more jibber jabber.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join