It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If this doesn't land on page 20, I wanted to refer everyone back to the entire page of content. There is a pan full of gold nuggets there if time is given to looking at each and every response. I think we are truly digging down deep and getting to where we wanted to go now.

Nice work and stars for all here.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It seems some folks are rather interested in what I have to say on this. Every post made to this thread, regardless of the workstation goes out in limbo for a several minutes to a couple hours before its tagged to the thread.

nice.

Now we are getting to time. reminds me of the Chambers Bros. song. Listen to that one closely and try to tell how many minutes have passed. Some thing that might help in the instances where there is a realization that time can be changed.......Perhaps I should restate. Once one becomes aware that time can be changed, as in the double slot test when we found that awareness changed the response of the individual thinking electron, at that specific point in time the ability to do so and the belief that you can do so changes the reality so you may do so at will and with impunity to any outside authority. Your ability to influence ahead and behind your present grows the more often it has been done successfully and shrinks upon every failure. I do not understand why this is so other than it is so. On the other hand a failure in creation is just a minor set back and has no effect overall but in the process for the individual failure.

This is very dangerous ground and not for the dabbler. If not approached with the utmost care in scientific practice and documentation, one will question their own sanity. Time is a human concept to regulate the human condition. When you start playing with a concept that you need to exist many many bad things can come as a result. To repeat due care and caution, proper planning, documentation of every known scrap of information kept in the exact same spot every time. Resist always the urge to experiment when you become aware of multiple time lines opening up. They will close with the single one again and playing during this time is highly discouraged.

When the 'court of possibility' opens up if you are not fully documented, and have a clear goal, turn your back on it.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
My husband and I jokingly refer to this as 'controlling the world around us'. If there is something that we want, we just start manifesting it in our heads first. We work together and I think a lot of the power that we have is because we work together. We did one huge thing and I knew that 'what the bleep do we know' "works" But to us, it wasn't necessarily just that movie that got us going. It was something we already knew and didn't need to really be taught about, just reminded about (if that makes sense).

Great Thread! Star and flag from me!

Teela

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Been following this thread since its birth

I would like to see what this creation looks like in writing.

I had a job interview last thursday and I will hear the results tomorrow. So I put together a little creation in writing. Here it goes:

I work for (fill in the blank) as a designer and I make (fill in the blank) a year. I am so relieved that I can pay off my college loans, and also have enough money to build a self sustaining plantation that will grow food for my family and friends.

Looking for some pointers here.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If your on linked in or some other networking thing change your job title in advance. FEEL the excitement wave of the initial hire daily, several times. do not dwell on or think anything about it, just its being. Often I have heard of a person trying to land one job and the perfect one comes in at the same time, before or after. Be open. Ask, believe, recieve.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

One million "Thank-yous"!!!! I appreciate your response; I cannot wait until I no longer feel the need for validation; I belived I was on the right path, now I KNOW so.

One quick correction... In a previous post, I thanked youand Illahee for your discourse; I in no way intended to discount anything other posters brought to this little party; everyone has been most informative, intelligent, and quite easy to follow. I salute you all!

A brief update:
"Rock Star Parking".... no-brainer from Day One...years for me.
"Checks in the Mail instead of Bills"... Ditto...about three years now. Oh, I get bills, but they are what I expect, NOT what I cannot or do not own and wish for.
Just for Skyfloating: "Car Dent Story".... about three weeks ago ( I dunno... it never happend for ME...lol), I slid, slo-mo, into a snowbank... DH says I cracked my front bumper all the way thru.... I deliberately, with "malice aforethought" (joke), didn't bother looking at it... until this afternoon....NO crack, NO damage... 'coz for ME, it Never happened...DH thinks he's out of HIS mind...I am smiling from ear to ear as I type...! He's thinking it never happened either!
Ask. Believe. Receive. For me personally, the Belief is easy.. sometimes the Asking is hard.
I am so joyful tonight that I wish I could give everyone a big chunk of my happiness...

"My Life is Blessed, I am well loved, my children are well and successful, my grandchildren are well and healthy, my business is successful and lasting, I am grateful for all I have, I am content. Blessings Abound. Blessed Be.." This is my daily Affirmation, and I wanted to share this with you all.
Have a FABULOUS evening!!!
Be Well.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by althea041724]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
One further thing, in relation to Skyfloating's observation that there appears to be a "time lag" in creation.

It occurred to me that the time lag is NOT a fixed necessity. It couldnt be, assuming time is a creation of Mind and not reflective of "absolute Truth," however you might define that.

Its not a necessity at all, thats right. We make things up as we go along, and presuming a time-lag is a made-up truth so that the mind may be more able to disgest infinity.

In other words: A property of living on earth is the concept of linear-time, which allows us to experience things in detail "one thing after the other". This is akin to spreading a deck of cards out in order to examine them individually. No card game is going to occur without.

The benefits of time-lag are much more important than the so-called "blocks" or the so-called "problem" of time. If there were no time-buffer, any nonsense-thought would manifest immediatly.

But the true LOA-Practitioner is not concerned with the when (time), how, where...not concerned with "outside manifestation" but only inner manifestation. Why? Because there is no "out there". The mirror will only smile if you smile first, so becoming dependent on "out there" results wont do in this kind of source-ery.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tizer
then same thing,,forgot about it,,then Bam,,phonecall,,is this LOA?! thanks for reading my lengthy sprawl

I didnt read your lengthy sprawl, only your last sentences.
Yes, thats what they call "law of attraction" and what I call "law of correpondence". Right on.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by confusedamused
Been following this thread since its birth

I would like to see what this creation looks like in writing.

I had a job interview last thursday and I will hear the results tomorrow. So I put together a little creation in writing. Here it goes:

I work for (fill in the blank) as a designer and I make (fill in the blank) a year. I am so relieved that I can pay off my college loans, and also have enough money to build a self sustaining plantation that will grow food for my family and friends.

Looking for some pointers here.

If you wanna get really creative and expand your creation-power on this you could write an entire script of the envisioned conversation during your job-interview. The point is to get imaginative, crazy, excited...without expectation. That means, without fixing the fullfillment to a certain event (the job interview). You say "If it doesnt happen there, it happens elsewhere, but most importantly, it must first happen within me!".

You made your statement specific to one company. If you are in high gear, that will work. If not, you need to be more general ("Wouldnt it be a relief to have my college paid for").

Ask yourself: WHO do they want to employ? Then be the energy-match of that person (enter that character in your imagination until felt).

Illahee is correct in reminding you that excitement will empower the creation. When you write or visualize something and you feel joy, your writing or thinking will have more drive.

Let us know what happened and we´ll see if any corrections can be made.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by althea041724

One million "Thank-yous"!!!! I appreciate your response; I cannot wait until I no longer feel the need for validation; I belived I was on the right path, now I KNOW so.

You are very, very right to point out that "seeking validation" can be a block to being a reality creator/attractor. I see the most advanced practitioners invent/make up the truth as they go along. In that last post I could have invented (created) the truth that Wicca is no good for LOA, or I could have invented (created) the truth that Wicca is good for LOA. Or I could have chosen millions of other thoughts. I chose to create the truth that Wicca is just fine. I hesitate to even write stuff like this because it questions the principles our entire civilization is based on. So Im gonna stop now.

"Rock Star Parking".... no-brainer from Day One...years for me.
"Checks in the Mail instead of Bills"... Ditto...about three years now. Oh, I get bills, but they are what I expect, NOT what I cannot or do not own and wish for.
Just for Skyfloating: "Car Dent Story".... about three weeks ago ( I dunno... it never happend for ME...lol), I slid, slo-mo, into a snowbank... DH says I cracked my front bumper all the way thru.... I deliberately, with "malice aforethought" (joke), didn't bother looking at it... until this afternoon....NO crack, NO damage... 'coz for ME, it Never happened...DH thinks he's out of HIS mind...I am smiling from ear to ear as I type...! He's thinking it never happened either!

Great work. Really great stuff.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Its not a necessity at all, thats right. We make things up as we go along, and presuming a time-lag is a made-up truth so that the mind may be more able to disgest infinity.

Yes, that is what I mean. Except that time is not a 'property of the world' nearly so much as a property of mind, or as some call it Ego. Physicist Julian Barbour has been asserting something to this affect for years, as have many mystics, and there was a really nice article about time in the January 19-25 2008 isue of New Scientist, which unfortunately, you need a subscription to view even online.

The benefits of time-lag are much more important than the so-called "blocks" or the so-called "problem" of time. If there were no time-buffer, any nonsense-thought would manifest immediatly.

I have been really wondering about that too. If time lag acts as a buffer, that is. Some of my non-sense thoughts, those held as a child, have NEVER manifested. I do not think that "thought" or "mind" is the creative element. I am not certain that a buffer is necessary to protect us from the ramblings of mind and the possibility that those ramblings will manifest. It really seems to me that creation happens from the stillness of Self, and people use different ways of bypassing mind to access it, someone mentioned mediation, you mention "release," I think this "shifting of gears" from mind to Self is THE secret, in the sense that only there can you create. Self doesnt perceive time. It doesnt need it to make infinity palatable. It exists in an ever present NOW, that is infinite. To "play the game of Life" as we have defined the rules of that game, and operate within Ego or Mind created artificial structures like "jobs" and "cities", there is some benefit to using time, memory, mind. I just am really questioning if that needs to be the case. If we, if we really did identify with Self, rather than self, if any of that is necessarily so.

But the true LOA-Practitioner is not concerned with the when (time), how, where...not concerned with "outside manifestation" but only inner manifestation. Why? Because there is no "out there". The mirror will only smile if you smile first, so becoming dependent on "out there" results wont do in this kind of source-ery.

I couldnt agree more. The mirror is one of my favorite analogies. Although for me, the mirror of "outside results" is often the only way to know what my "face" looks like. Denial is called denial for a reason. What we choose to hide from ourselves is often truly hidden from the minds eye. So in that regard, I do concern myself with "outside manifestation" as it IS reflecting to me conflicts within my Self. I use what is manifesting as an indication where something internally is blocked, is stuck, or mistaken.

Lately I have been considering that all the conflict in the world, war, violence, etc., all of that is our mirror. Not just my immediate life. And that looking in the face of "another" is actually just examining your own face from a slightly different angle. The external state of the world reflects all of our deepest internal fears, feelings. I know that lots of people cannot see this about themselves, they feel they ARE perfectly enlightened, realized, etc., and if only "everyone else" would get there too, the world would be a heaven on Earth. I just have had a recurring thought, that has been just haunting me.

"What if it only takes one in Oneness." Not, any special "one" like a Messiah, or a Saviour, but anyone at all. A goat herder, a garbage man, a CEO. What if that idea itself, of an "outside Saviour" is part of the problem? Or if you fancy yourself "nice" what if the idea of "helping others" instead of as you put it, "smiling first." What if the very belief in "other" or "outsideness" or "division itself" is the generator of all of the fear, violence, and conflict in the world? And what if every single one of us, no matter how we TALK about oneness, preach it, exalt it, what if on the most fundamental level we are all taken in by separateness? All of us. No exceptions. (Because in Oneness there is no possibility of an "exception)

And if that were the case, why wouldnt it also be the case, that if any "one" of us really REAL-ized that, the Whole would change. Everything in the mirror of the world. I know some would say, "well the Buddha, and Jesus, it didnt happen with them," and blasphemous as it is, I wonder if perhaps even in them it were not complete. The Buddha for instance, reportedly had to be convinced by a female relative to allow women to become monks. That doesnt sound to me as if a complete dissolution of separateness had occurred. But a high level partial one. I suspect, that the Great Ones that have come before have been evolutionary steps, each one moving us in that direction, some in great leaps, but I suspect none of us has ever really Awakened.

Anyway. I just wanted to throw this out. It has been just haunting me as a concept, and the "pressure" of it has been increasing. And I cant think of a better place, or better minds to toss it to.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I see the most advanced practitioners invent/make up the truth as they go along. In that last post I could have invented (created) the truth that Wicca is no good for LOA, or I could have invented (created) the truth that Wicca is good for LOA. Or I could have chosen millions of other thoughts. I chose to create the truth that Wicca is just fine. I hesitate to even write stuff like this because it questions the principles our entire civilization is based on. So Im gonna stop now.

Mmm mmm mmm. This is the real deal stuff right here folks. This is where the rubber meets the road.

We can tell we have a top mind in the field right here and I will give a simple lesson to explain a very advanced type of thinking. Take me for example. I have neighbors from all over the world. Each is unique and special. If I used the constructs of my parents, the locals or society in general in my thinking process, I would reject half of them without ever giving each and everyone the chance, no the respect, they deserve as human beings.

I decided I have the best neighbors anyone could ever have....And it was so.

Pay special attention to what Skyfloating has put out there. He said he could construct the truth that one group or another is good. And he can believe it. Now lets zoom out on the map as far as we can go. Look at all the groups. Decide they are all good and that is your reality. All of the baggage, you were born into, all of the baggage you learned, and all of it you put together yourself is now gone. The slate wiped clean. Its that easy. You decide every waking minute how you will feel about everything. If you feel bad, you decided that is what you wanted. Don't get me wrong, there is natural human emotion that coincides with life events, but how you feel beyond those natural reactions is indeed your choice. Choose to bless yourself or choose to curse yourself, they are both in your own power.

Now, take this from an old timer who was alive when adding machines didn't have a cord, they had a mechanical arm you pulled down and totals were printed in real, wet ink, on paper rolls.....

I'm going to say this one time. Every bit of science, every bit of history, and the other skills we were taught were wrong. Everything I was ever exposed to, was wrong. I rejected all of it and from scratch! I laid my own cornerstones and built my own foundation, and set my own walls and beams, and built my own trusses and laid out my own roof. It is mine and every time a preconceived thought that I learned along the way, comes into my mind, I recognize it for what it is. Someone else's leftovers. It is discarded to the trash and a new thought is built. One without restriction. And when I think about my own construct I know it is perfect and good.

The more of that stuff out there that you can get out of your being, the more effective you will be in these skills. Far more effective.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by Illahee]

Mod Edit: Fixed Quote

[edit on 4-3-2008 by TheBandit795]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Lately I have been considering that all the conflict in the world, war, violence, etc., all of that is our mirror. Not just my immediate life. And that looking in the face of "another" is actually just examining your own face from a slightly different angle. The external state of the world reflects all of our deepest internal fears, feelings. I know that lots of people cannot see this about themselves, they feel they ARE perfectly enlightened, realized, etc., and if only "everyone else" would get there too, the world would be a heaven on Earth. I just have had a recurring thought, that has been just haunting me.

"What if it only takes one in Oneness." Not, any special "one" like a Messiah, or a Saviour, but anyone at all. A goat herder, a garbage man, a CEO. What if that idea itself, of an "outside Saviour" is part of the problem? Or if you fancy yourself "nice" what if the idea of "helping others" instead of as you put it, "smiling first." What if the very belief in "other" or "outsideness" or "division itself" is the generator of all of the fear, violence, and conflict in the world? And what if every single one of us, no matter how we TALK about oneness, preach it, exalt it, what if on the most fundamental level we are all taken in by separateness? All of us. No exceptions. (Because in Oneness there is no possibility of an "exception)

And if that were the case, why wouldnt it also be the case, that if any "one" of us really REAL-ized that, the Whole would change. Everything in the mirror of the world. I know some would say, "well the Buddha, and Jesus, it didnt happen with them," and blasphemous as it is, I wonder if perhaps even in them it were not complete. The Buddha for instance, reportedly had to be convinced by a female relative to allow women to become monks. That doesnt sound to me as if a complete dissolution of separateness had occurred. But a high level partial one. I suspect, that the Great Ones that have come before have been evolutionary steps, each one moving us in that direction, some in great leaps, but I suspect none of us has ever really Awakened.

Anyway. I just wanted to throw this out. It has been just haunting me as a concept, and the "pressure" of it has been increasing. And I cant think of a better place, or better minds to toss it to.

These are the right minds. They are open. These thoughts are very normal and I may have some arcane volumes that discuss this very concept that has been on your mind for a while. It is truly troubling to everyone that is advancing themselves and not seeing the big blue ball advancing too.

There is good and evil in balance. If two new people were born today and one became enlightened, so could the other, or neither at all. In truth there is oneness, but in the potential of power their is a dual nature. The Illuminati exist for example. They exist as the Yin and the Yang. They are constantly at war with each other, but in truth their extreme potential is only retaining a balance. There is a good half and an evil half. The good half chooses to be known by their works. It seldom hits the 5 oclock news.

Now for 'those people' they have refused to advance, so to teach you must teach from the place they are in their core. I happen to have a full understanding of the Bible. If I get a bible shoved in my face and told I am 'wrong' I say here let me see it, we can read together what the book says. and I teach and they learn. Nothing says these people have to advance and accept enlightenment this time or the next or the next or the next. They do however have to grow.

I do understand your thoughts. What if it only takes one and its me holding everything up? What if its someone I know or someone I meet? It is indeed bothersome to feel that way, but do yourself a favor and leave them with their own guilt. Its not yours to carry, its theirs.

You take care of you and if they want to go along for your ride, they must choose to do so. Its disheartening to have the capacity to do so much good and then realizing you can, find out no one is listening. its on them, not on you. Focus on the truth you build yourself, and not their broken truths.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

You are very, very right to point out that "seeking validation" can be a block to being a reality creator/attractor. I see the most advanced practitioners invent/make up the truth as they go along. In that last post I could have invented (created) the truth that Wicca is no good for LOA, or I could have invented (created) the truth that Wicca is good for LOA. Or I could have chosen millions of other thoughts. I chose to create the truth that Wicca is just fine. I hesitate to even write stuff like this because it questions the principles our entire civilization is based on. So Im gonna stop now.

I so appreciate your candor; and I am glad you stopped when you did! (lol) I swear I learn more in this thread than I have been able to amass in my whole life...

Folks;

WHY must we feel conditioned to follow along so very blindly, when innately we ALL know deep down (or at least I feel that most people)"know" it really is just the "world as we are trained to believe it "?

I cannot believe that the majority of the people here on ATS don't have an inkling of things not "being quite right" within their own individual lives.
Oh, my goodness, listen to me...sheesh... the "Matrix" doesn't seem so far-fetched, after all...lol
Apparently I am a Conspiracy Theorist first and a Creator second...haha. Sorry.

Reality is truly what YOU make it, it's not about being a generous, "good" person (although I suppose that would be the "right" thing to do); no, it's about Intent, Creation, and Being. There is no "good" or "bad"; that's up to individual interpretation. Not saying it's socially acceptable, but even social acceptability is a result of our collective consiousness...which we can INDIVIDUALLY alter at will...am I on to something?

Love?....Hmm.... If not Love, then at the very least, Positivity.
Does one NEED Love to Create? NO, but the results are defintely most undesireable...it FEELS wrong to Create out of Negativity, it FEELS right to be Positive... Negativity comes easier to most of us, but Positivity somehow lets everything fall into place, and allows for growth.
Chaos can also be a wonderful thing, if it's controlled Chaos ( I know...Contradiction, but I think you folks KNOW what I mean). Chaos is not necessarily Negative, just jumbled...lol

I still feel tied to the One; (kinda like the Borg... geez, what a reference!) We are all Humanity, all connected, and even though we create that which we desire/want /need /don't desire/don't want /don't need (sorry for the choice of words...), we are still interconnected in that we are all the same species; some of us are a little more "awake", is all.

Do any of you feel an almost compulsion to assist others into awakening? Or is that something best left to the individual's own karma/timeline...? As in, take care of YOURSELF, and let everyone else be...?

Just Sign Me...
Curiouser and Curiouser...

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Reality is truly what YOU make it, it's not about being a generous, "good" person (although I suppose that would be the "right" thing to do); no, it's about Intent, Creation, and Being. There is no "good" or "bad"; that's up to individual interpretation.

Ah... personally, I am not so sure (anymore) about "moral" relativism, Althea.

I understand what you saying: that social conventions about what is "good" or "bad" don't apply in matters of "manifesting" and such.
Of course they don't.
(Although it could be argued, not unreasonably, that social conventions themselves hardly ever encourage destructive behaviour as "good". After all, they weren't devised to "kill joy", as some - certainly any healthy teenager
- would say, but to preserve social coherence.)

But here's the thing: the world itself, the Universe, came into existence and only continues to exist insofar constructive forces prevail over entropy or whatever "forces" there are that foster disaggregation (= "destructive" forces) - insofar Eros prevails over Thanatos.
(I am not being self-indulgently - and crappily
- "poetic" here: "Eros" is indeed the proper name for the of cohesive force.)

I may be totally wrong about this, but I do honestly feel that the same dynamics applies to all aspects of life. In other word, what fosters or helps preserve cohesion (a dynamic cohesion, in evolution, not stagnation) - i.e. "constructive" forces - can be denominated as "good"; and what works against cohesion could be termed "bad".

You now: "As above, so below" and all that jazz.

(Which is also the reason why I believe that you cannot actually "manifest" anything desirable for yourself, certainly not long-term, unless you ARE a "good" person: generous, self-less, "as one" with other living beings. It's hardly a "coincidence", I would say, that the central precept of Christ's teaching, for example, is - "love your neighbour as you love yourself"...

But that's yarn for another thread.
)

[edit on 7-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
BTW, if it seems that I dont respond to this thread for many days, thats because I wait till Im in a certain "LOA-Mood" before I write here.

It really seems to me that creation happens from the stillness of Self, and people use different ways of bypassing mind to access it, someone mentioned mediation, you mention "release," I think this "shifting of gears" from mind to Self is THE secret, in the sense that only there can you create. Self doesnt perceive time. It doesnt need it to make infinity palatable. It exists in an ever present NOW, that is infinite. To "play the game of Life" as we have defined the rules of that game, and operate within Ego or Mind created artificial structures like "jobs" and "cities", there is some benefit to using time, memory, mind. I just am really questioning if that needs to be the case. If we, if we really did identify with Self, rather than self, if any of that is necessarily so.

You´re describing the way it is "more really". But also understand that what someone teaches can also be aligned to someones level of readiness. Someone once said: "We tell you fairy tells as a metaphor so that your mind will have an easier time grasping certain concepts". The SELF is certainly more "causal" than the mind. The time-buffer-concept is certainly an invented concept to make a certain teaching (LOA) easier to handle.

I couldnt agree more. The mirror is one of my favorite analogies. Although for me, the mirror of "outside results" is often the only way to know what my "face" looks like. Denial is called denial for a reason. What we choose to hide from ourselves is often truly hidden from the minds eye. So in that regard, I do concern myself with "outside manifestation" as it IS reflecting to me conflicts within my Self. I use what is manifesting as an indication where something internally is blocked, is stuck, or mistaken.

Yes, if outside circumstances are used to learn more about yourself (rather than events that have absolutely nothing to do with you) they are wisely used.

The more your sense of responsibility expands, the more your power expands. For me an "enlightened being" is one who´s attention does not circle around his/her own head and little tiny problems but expands interest to the rest of the world out there. Realizing...

"Most of what happens in the world is not about me".

Actually ATS is a good exercise for this. And its also a good exercise in perceiving the thoughts and viewpoints of mass-consciousness.

Excellent point.

Yes. The moment I start looking "out there" for either someone to blame, for someone to change or for someone to save the day...thats where the great divide (but also the great game) begins.

Pretty lucid posts you´re making here. You must be a meditator.

And if that were the case, why wouldnt it also be the case, that if any "one" of us really REAL-ized that, the Whole would change. Everything in the mirror of the world. I know some would say, "well the Buddha, and Jesus, it didnt happen with them," and blasphemous as it is, I wonder if perhaps even in them it were not complete...

Well I think you "got it". And the moment you expect others to do this, you "lost it" again

On the other hand, according to the model of a "huge and diverse universe full of many different types of planes, planets and experiences", it wouldnt be necessary to change this world, this playground but simply to incarnate somewhere else next time. The hardship of this life serves its purpose.

[edit on 8-3-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

BTW, if it seems that I dont respond to this thread for many days, thats because I wait till Im in a certain "LOA-Mood" before I write here.

Thanks for mentioning that - because the same applies here.

It's important (for the sake of the conversation) that people know that: that it is not about ignoring posts, but quite the opposite, actually. It's about giving one's thoughts and eventual replies all the time they need to properly develop.

P.S. I realise this is totally off-topic, for which I apologise.
But I really think it's an important point to to keep in mind.

[edit on 8-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Vanitas;
I cannot tell you how much your response means to me... I am actually taking the time to think about what you have said, and hope that I can respond in a way that doesn't make me look like a total idiot.... I appreciate your effort in this thread. My only true goal in posting here is to be better for posting here; I have reached a point in my life where it is no longer acceptable to merely hang out and be complacent. The things I have learned, and the things I already know are, albeit extraordinary, are enough to clue me in to the fact that NOW is the time to make my move in life.
I am grateful for your candor, and again, many thanks for your valueable input.
I, too, post when I am in an "LOA mood" (geez...I still cannot feel comfy with that label!)...please don't any of you ever think that the people out there aren't reading... you KNOW we are...

Be Well.

[edit on 9-3-2008 by althea041724]

[edit on 9-3-2008 by althea041724]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Funny that you mention the chambers brothers song "Time", Illahee..
While reading through these posts I was listening to it and thinking about multiple Time lines. The concept of the Law of attraction is not new, as you and many others have stated, unfortunately the potential to abuse and misuse this, and other cosmic laws has always been mans want. The law of attraction, in my view, is linked to the Law of creation. The pattern of thought..desire..belief..existence is a cosmic law that the ancients taught and the priests scribes and charlatans misused to control and deceive the populace. The "new age" way it is being used without laying a spiritual foundation is very frightening to me, and can cause serious damage to a souls development. Just my thoughts. Great thread

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by andolin

Hah. "as above, so below".....are you of the Craft? Doesn't apprear to be so, but I find it interesting that you use that particular line in your sig... please, do tell....nice to meetcha, btw...
Your "soul" does not need development....only further education...do you really feel that you are that new ? Not being antagonistic, just asking you a very pointed question...do you not feel as though your Being knows just a wee bit more that you yourself do? I know I get kinda freaked out sometimes... maybe it's just me...lol
Be Well.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join