It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
The "conspiracy" in this sense would be that we have been mis-educated to believe a number of things. Most things we learn in school and from our parents are the opposite of our spiritual potential and our ability to attract things by means of attention/mind.

* We learn that we should "stop dreaming" and that imagination is not real. We learn to rigidly seperate between "imagination" and "reality", rather than only seperating between manifest and unmanifest.

* We learn that the "cause" of reality are the "circumstances" and "the past" rather than our own inner vibration in the here and the now. So we start assigning causality to other people and events, thus giving away any power we had left

* We learn that "the truth" is this and that, rather than something one create oneself. By the time we´ve reached a certain age we dont even consider the possibility of creating our own truth anymore but instead go "looking for it"

* Rather than learning self-initiative and self-determination and creative expression we are told what to think, feel and do. Thinking oneself is replaced by indoctrination and reinforced by repetitive drill-like conditioning.

* We learn that we must "get a job" in order to have money and be happy (We learn we must make money for others). Neither are financial skills taught to build wealth for oneself, nor is the skill to create abundance with the mind taught. By removing this knowledge from schools and university, you create the perfect slave.

* What we learn about important issues such as the body, relationships, communication, love, buying/selling/investing, the mind, the soul, other realms of existence in school is laughable. A joke. The important things are replaced with dull and useless pieces of data...much of which we will never ever need in later life.

Sadly this is the true conspiracy. I remember myself (yes i'm not that old, its still possible) that when I was a child the schools had just ended the last wave of patriotism and truth to be taught forever. I began just as the enlightenment experiments had began and the entire curriculum was interwoven with Philosophical, and Rosicrucian ideas. I remember sayings in school being repeated over and over: If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. You will overcome in the end. There were many others like that but the point is the entire education of children had been rewritten. Previous to that time there was great emphasis placed on training young patriots, and a teaching that said every great event in history was the outcome of planned conspiracy and infiltration. Back to the point. At the time I began there was equal attention paid to left and right brain thinking. I recall clearly that even the older students were given equal time working with both areas. The results from this teaching system were that in later years Harvard, Yale and MIT were flooded with prodigy children. The same happened on the west coast. The children were suddenly smarter than the people in power and a great shiver of fear went though them. Schools again changed their entire teaching to slowly pair down and eliminate the teaching of the arts and specialties and they got away with doing it through emergency 'budget cuts'
that were enacted over a couple of decades. Soon th kids were dumbed down enough and eventually we worked our way to the present.

The final conclusion is hundreds of thousands of that era were left high and dry. If they were educated they went to far with it and had a difficult time finding work. Some became hippies and never recovered. Many were suicides because there was no apparent place they would ever 'fit in'. Most of the rest learned how to blend in with the dumbed down world and hide in plain sight. The largest percentage of these prodigy children from the past either have no connection to money, or if they have the feeling of connection tend to live far below their means to avoid detection or standing out from the crowd.

This is a true and real conspiracy in every sense of the word. There is no way of denying it, they have educated a slave race, that must continue to do their work or starve.The first time we see a technoslave race being created was under Adolf Hitler in Nazi Germany. I just finished 4 hours of file film and one of the highlights was the abolition of churches, the destruction of all crosses and few on earth know this.....He claimed himself to the people to Be their God their Lord and their Savior. He forced the children in the schools to pray to him every day ending the prayers with Adolf Hitler Lord and Savior. The entire day for these children was designed to: as he stated put the gleam of the predator in every child's eye. This seems like a very extreme example to try to relate to this conspiracy topic but it is in fact true and I have the file footage proving it. What is going on today is the exact same shaping of the child's mind to make them corporate servants. Keep in mind these films were taken by the Nazis and were seized during the war. They were extremely proud of making Hitler the one supreme God, and also the way the children were even happy to die for him. Another rather appalling clip was about the baby farms. They produced 100,00 babies each 9 month cycle to raise as soldiers of the state. Fully indoctrinated, from birth they had only an alliegance to Hitler their God and Savior. There was footage of giant piles of these babies on large tables all thrown together like puppies or piglets. It was some pretty sick stuff and again something they were proud of.

There it is in black and white. A different kind of slavery controlled by media and corporate interests but slavery none the less.

Here is the big problem. If you have kids and can home school they will not fit in and be able to survive in a world like that. Their only chance is to go through the system.

What do you do about you? For most they are already there in slavery. They can wake up from the media sleep, but they don't want to. Its an addiction just like heroin, and they need a daily hit. Some are trained so well they work weekends and holidays on their own from home and can't wait to get back in on Monday. Some make huge amounts of what they call money. In reality they seldom handle paper money and never handle gold so they are really working for X amount of work credits and they don't even realize it.

It is indeed a conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I had prepared a rather lengthly response to the conspiracy mentioned previously
and the upload transmission was blocked through a chi town ip. I am going to go forward with the response. Apparently I hit a nerve with the truth so I will go forward jumping ips and systems.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
One of the problems with manifesting is "knowing who "you" are and what you really believe/desire."

Last night on that lie detector show, (I didnt pay attention to the name of it) there was a woman in the hot seat. She was revealing all sorts of stuff, that she had stolen money, that she didnt believe her parents were proud of her, that she had cheated on her husband, and was still in love with her ex-boyfriend. She looked like a shoe-in to go all the way and win all the money, as nothing was off limits to her. She didnt win.

The question that did her in was, "Do you think you are a good person?"

She thought about it, and clearly in her thought process she was considering the response of the audience, as she mentioned something to the effect of, "yes I am, even though I have done those things I have tried to better myself." (That is a paraphrase)

The answer was, that was "false." She apparently did NOT believe she was a good person at a deep level of truth.

A clue to this underlying belief could have been seen in her explanation to the audience, the she "had tried to do better." However she was not Aware of her deepest belief about herself, she "thought" she was telling the truth, and she thought she was being brave in doing so, risking the ridicule of the audience for thinking that in light of her previous disclosures. They showed her afterward, crying with her family, and she truly looked broken at the discovery that she did not think she was a good person.

This struck me as extremely significant. Most of the great traditions have some idea of "Know Thyself." As Illahee has pointed out, it is in the Matrix as well. I know it best as the inscription at the temple of Apollo at Delphi. (Where the famous Oracle(s) of Delphi resided)

A lot of people think that "knowing thyself" is accomplished through mental reflection about the content of ones life. This is a mistake. A misunderstanding of "Knowing." "Knowing" in a deep sense, which I will use a capital K when describing, is not a mental exercise. It is experiential. Consider, as an illustration, those of you that are male, if you can "Know" what it is to BE female? Or the reverse for those of you that are female, can you Know what it is to BE male? We can know "about" being the opposite gender, but we cannot Know in a profound way what it is to BE that, to experience that.

Knowing is NOT reflecting about, or thinking about a thing. It is experiential, it is participative, it requires that the essence of YOU which is consciousness, not "thought" or "mind" alone, participate in "what is to be Known." Most of us assume we are our minds. We believe we are the content of our mental ramblings. We are not. "Mind" is a tool of consciousness, much like hands are, or feet are. It is part of the vehicle for Consciousness, but it is not Self itself.

How is this related to the Law of Attraction? Well, it is the Self, the Consciousness, that creates. The mind may direct Consciousness, but Mind is not the creative force. And Consciousness is non-judgmental. (Not "retarded" as someone suggests in that very funny video someone else posted.)

Consciousness is that bit of "us" (this physical package) that is an aspect of the Divine. That is why it can create. "Mind" is not the causative element, it is a correlary. Mind directs Consciousness in someone not aware of "Who they really are" but it does not itself create. This is why you can "wish" and "think" with the Mind all you want, and not be successful in creation. You are not aware that Mind is not You, and not the Creator, and the act of wishing, and desiring stems from, arises from, a deeper underlying belief that you LACK those objects of desire.

Why the Temple of Apollo is significant. Apollo for those not aware of Greek mythology, is the Sun god. Light, the Sun, etc, are analogies for Consciousness. Awareness as an experience, not a "thought about" a thing.
What we believe, but repress or deny, does not disappear, it disappears from view. It is placed in the "dark." But like the story of the girl above illustrates, what is in the "dark" does not cease to exist. It simply isnt "seeable" with the "minds eye."

"Knowing Thyself" truly, becoming Conscious of that which IS but has been placed in the "dark," must precede "Conscious Creation." The Law of Attraction IS working for you, all the time, right now. You ARE creating your reality, just not as a fully conscious participant the way you might hope to. Unless and until you become Aware of, shine the Light of Consciousness upon, those beliefs you hold that you have placed in the "dark," out of fear, shame, etc., you will not manifest "cleanly."

Perhaps now that that girl is Aware that somewhere deep she holds a belief that she is NOT a good person, what she manifests, (ie; circumstances that show her to be a bad person, stealing, cheating, etc,) can cease. Shining the light of Awareness, of Consciousness, upon these beliefs held in the "dark," IS the solution. No "trying" need follow that. "Light" the "Sun" or Consciousness dispells darkness by definition. But you have to be willing to "look." You have to be willing to examine your Self, shift identity from the Mind to Consciousness, and then "See" the things that Mind has judged as too dangerous to be exposed. Mind doesnt go away, it just ceases to be YOU. It reverts to its proper function as a tool of YOU. (Although this is a clumsy/inacurate way to phrase it, the idea of a "YOU" is a judgmental, "divisive" or "dual" one, that must be in opposition to an "Other" that at the deepest level of Truth is incorrect.)

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee

The results from this teaching system were that in later years Harvard, Yale and MIT were flooded with prodigy children. The same happened on the west coast. The children were suddenly smarter than the people in power and a great shiver of fear went though them. Schools again changed their entire teaching to slowly pair down and eliminate the teaching of the arts and specialties and they got away with doing it through emergency 'budget cuts'

One of your best posts yet. "We cant have everyone being that smart and powerful" is exactly the motivation behind this.

I know this from personal experience...how I would conceal certain "tricks" I used so that I could have an advantage over others...sadly Ive been guilty of this before.

And get this: Seemingly happy slaves are good slaves. Theyve pulled it off so brilliantly that people actually believe its a worthwhile goal to "get a job at a company" (become a corporate slave). Heck, many of my friends are in the 9 to 5 work-consume treadmill and are completely happy with it (seemingly).

[edit on 26-2-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Another intensely brilliant post.

You point out something important. What we think we believe or want to believe or pretend to believe is often not what we really believe in the deep body-felt sense of it.

Which is why, when working with people on LOA, I dont have to let them tell me what they believe. All I have to do is look at what they are experiencing as "reality" and I know what they believe...no matter how much they deny it.

The difficulty is that what is a FACT for them is only a BELIEF for me and its actually quite challenging to point this out to someone.

And I dont recommend anyone to point it out to others. But I can use this knowledge for myself in knowing that no matter how real, factual and convincing something sees, its only a reality generated by my deep-seated beliefs/vibrations which are stored and accumulated in my body.

As a side-note: Relaxing one´s muscles on a consistent basis is a good means to release unwanted programming without even noticing it. Deep Massage or Floatation Tanks are useful tools for this.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I've heard that the following book is one of the best at explaining reality creation concerning money and wealth.

I haven't read it yet, but I've heard that it's really good. You might be able to find a pdf copy of the e-book in the following link. If not, then you have to purchase it.

A Happy Pocket Full of Money

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
edit for redundancy

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by TheBandit795

I havent read the book either, but here´s a download-link to it anyway:

money

Or here (for those who don't feel comfortable with torrents):

Happy Pocket Full of Money

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This was intresting video I came across! By Dr. Wayne Dyer!

video.google.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I am "replying" to my own post because I feel my thoughts may be perceived as slightly off-topic. They are related to the book that was just mentioned, AHPFOM.

Still, I think it's important to tackle certain things, however dampening their effect may be. (But rest assured: I do not enjoy being a "wet blanket" - nor do I aspire to be one.)

I've read a few pages of the book, and can see why it would be inspiring to many people.
But, as with other such books and material, I feel that either something (vital) is missing - or that the entire "truth", whatever it is, is not being considered.

At one point (at many points, actually) the author speaks about the importance of not setting oneself deadlines (for success and such), stressing the idea that time is largely a "fiction", if you will. Instead, you have to BE what you "want" to be - NOW.

That's very familiar to all of us, I am sure.
And theoretically - to a certain extent even experientially - I certainly have no quibbles with the concept.

But here's the thing.
For many months now I've been trying to shift over to a "parallel time line", if you will.

My power of visualisation, "consciousness transfer" and such are very good - almost optimal, even if I say so myself.
(And you'll just have to take my word for it, or we'll never get anywhere. ; ))

And a certain night, a few weeks ago, I had an extraordinary experience. I felt I had taken full possession of the reality I was trying to conjure up. It was all THERE - in the "now" that I was inhabiting at that point.
I couldn't see it with my physical eyes - because at that point I wouldn't have seen them anyway (because of my location and the time of day) - but my reality was, once again, PERFECT.
It was, once again, the reality I had always given thanks for.

Now, my life has been full of extra-ordinary experiences.
(I mean a life that was anything but "ordinary", in the sense of the proverbial Joneses.)
And yet, that experience was - I am aware I am repeating myself - extraordinary even by my criteria.

After an incredible hour or so - I really lost track of time (or maybe it lost track of me? ; )) - I went back to sleep and fell asleep immediately: which would be just perfect, because - in theory, at least - nothing, no further doubts or other insidious thoughts, could tear the fabric of that wondrous new-old reality.

I don't remember what I dreamt; it doesn't matter anyway.
But the next morning the reality wasn't the one I had possessed the night before: it was the old "new" one, the one that I so wanted to dispose of. The unwanted one.

So... I would say that something, a vital piece of information, is missing from the "directions".
More likely, certain aspects of Reality are being misinterpreted or unaccounted for.
There seems to be a vital "chip" - or a "lever" - missing, when the manipulation of time/space and reality is attempted by merely one's own imagination (I mean in the Sufi/Corbin's sense of the word), however vivid and life-like its results may be.

Personally, I also have a suspicion that perhaps a "destiny" of sorts does exist - and that one can sense it. It would certainly explain many strange, very bleak presentiments that I had as a child (others in my family, too). They seem to come out of nowhere - I was such a sunny child that you wouldn't believe it - and they were not fears stemming from the past; even as a child, I sensed they were coming from the "future".

So perhaps the "negative thoughts" that people are being so bashed about are, in fact, the signposts of a very real path ahead.
I believe the path CAN be changed - but it requires an enormous amount of energy. And bashing oneself for having "negative thoughts", instead of recognising them for they really are (I am still speaking hypothetically, of course), doesn't help either.

Oh well... I do hope this doesn't put anyone off. That's certainly not my intention.

And - even more OT - I thought I had posted a question related to the above last night... but now I can't find it.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
reply to post by Vanitas

I am "replying" to my own post because I feel my thoughts may be perceived as slightly off-topic. They are related to the book that was just mentioned, AHPFOM.

Still, I think it's important to tackle certain things, however dampening their effect may be. (But rest assured: I do not enjoy being a "wet blanket" - nor do I aspire to be one.)

No big deal. We need to learn all we can. Ive never read the book though so I will not pass comment.

I've read a few pages of the book, and can see why it would be inspiring to many people.
But, as with other such books and material, I feel that either something (vital) is missing - or that the entire "truth", whatever it is, is not being considered.

At one point (at many points, actually) the author speaks about the importance of not setting oneself deadlines (for success and such), stressing the idea that time is largely a "fiction", if you will. Instead, you have to BE what you "want" to be - NOW.

That's very familiar to all of us, I am sure.
And theoretically - to a certain extent even experientially - I certainly have no quibbles with the concept.

But here's the thing.
For many months now I've been trying to shift over to a "parallel time line", if you will.

My power of visualisation, "consciousness transfer" and such are very good - almost optimal, even if I say so myself.
(And you'll just have to take my word for it, or we'll never get anywhere. ; ))

And a certain night, a few weeks ago, I had an extraordinary experience. I felt I had taken full possession of the reality I was trying to conjure up. It was all THERE - in the "now" that I was inhabiting at that point.
I couldn't see it with my physical eyes - because at that point I wouldn't have seen them anyway (because of my location and the time of day) - but my reality was, once again, PERFECT.
It was, once again, the reality I had always given thanks for.

Now, my life has been full of extra-ordinary experiences.
(I mean a life that was anything but "ordinary", in the sense of the proverbial Joneses.)
And yet, that experience was - I am aware I am repeating myself - extraordinary even by my criteria.

After an incredible hour or so - I really lost track of time (or maybe it lost track of me? ; )) - I went back to sleep and fell asleep immediately: which would be just perfect, because - in theory, at least - nothing, no further doubts or other insidious thoughts, could tear the fabric of that wondrous new-old reality.

I don't remember what I dreamt; it doesn't matter anyway.
But the next morning the reality wasn't the one I had possessed the night before: it was the old "new" one, the one that I so wanted to dispose of. The unwanted one.

So... I would say that something, a vital piece of information, is missing from the "directions".
More likely, certain aspects of Reality are being misinterpreted or unaccounted for.
There seems to be a vital "chip" - or a "lever" - missing, when the manipulation of time/space and reality is attempted by merely one's own imagination (I mean in the Sufi/Corbin's sense of the word), however vivid and life-like its results may be.

But this I can comment on. If you see your habitual energy-level on a scale from 1-10 at level 5 and you are temporarily able to shift to level 8 you can be almost certain that your body will not be able to sustain a level 8. Instead, the temporary 8 will shift your overall habitual energy to a 5.2. But even that tiny shift would have been enough to attract more beneficial events in the 2-3 weeks to follow...had you not labelled your "change of feeling" the next morning as an "interruption" of the process, as a "not belonging" as a "this means it didnt work". Way too quick to judge there. In fact, after sending off high energy like that, you relax back into your normal everyday state and let "the universe do the rest". In other words: Something is created. Then it is let go of in the assumption that all is already taken care of. How long? 2-3 weeks is the regular time-buffer the "field" needs to reflect the vibratory signal that was put out. Then, if you are not satisfied with the results after that time, you may repeat "getting into the state" by visualization. However, dont "try so hard" and dont label a shift of state back to normal as an "interruption" but rather as part of the process.

Personally, I also have a suspicion that perhaps a "destiny" of sorts does exist - and that one can sense it. It would certainly explain many strange, very bleak presentiments that I had as a child (others in my family, too). They seem to come out of nowhere - I was such a sunny child that you wouldn't believe it - and they were not fears stemming from the past; even as a child, I sensed they were coming from the "future".

So perhaps the "negative thoughts" that people are being so bashed about are, in fact, the signposts of a very real path ahead.
I believe the path CAN be changed - but it requires an enormous amount of energy. And bashing oneself for having "negative thoughts", instead of recognising them for they really are (I am still speaking hypothetically, of course), doesn't help either.

I know that this is the contemporary interpretation of LOA, but it has nothing to do with my personal version of it. Analogy: 5 traintracks laid out as your destiny, which you choose is freewill. As described earlier, deep and shamanic "LOA" is not at all about suppressing or "bashing" negative thoughts but of using them as indicators of non-soul-destiny paths, so to speak. In fact, if you suppress the negative, you have lost your indicator-signals.

An example: A kid gets shot by someone. That feels really, really negative. And its a good thing that that feels negative. Its an indicator of the inappropriatness of the event.

Now a bunch of new agers and psychotherapists and pharmaceutical companies are gonna show up with the mistaken belief that you have to "get rid of" the negative feeling. Following the above analogy, you see how nonsensical this is. But this has already been adressed in detail in this thread and several (good) books.

You say "it requires enormous amount of energy", to which I will respond: It only requires "enourmous" energy if you try shifting from 5 to 8 at once.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I wonder, Vanitas, if the problem of this idea of "destiny" is actually that deep within us, at the core level of Self, we have a goal/desire that cannot be overridden by the conscious mind.

Like Skyfloating, I think the idea of a "fixed" destiny, one that unfolds like he says as a set of train tracks, that one cannot deviate from, simply could not be true. I will spare you the long reasoning on this unless you want me to go on about it.

I will say that the first and likely to be the most provably "wrong" aspect of this, (eventually, physicists are already working on this) is that it requires a linear unfolding of "time" which simply may not exist outside of our own minds.

I wonder, ( I am pondering still) if this apparent "Destiny" (as I too have had feelings of "this is destined") is not rather than some fixed destiny a "marker" along a fluid and mutable in specifics but constant underlying desire of Self that supersedes more superficial desires of "self." (Where "self" with a small "s" is more identity, ego, Mind, etc, whatever you want to call it.)

As an example, and this is only the line of reasoning I am currently pursuing, it may not be THE goal, consider that your Core Self, that which most truly makes up the YOU that appears separate from All That IS, wants more than anything to "Awaken" or to "Know Who and What it truly IS." Experiences that facilitated this "Awakening to Self" might have this "destined" feeling, as they enabled this underlying prioritized goal. Depending on the furtherance of this "goal" what is actually required "next" might shift from apparent moment to apparent moment, so you would still have a "destiny" but the route to that destiny is not a fixed one. It is dependent on the the spot you happen to be in Now in relation to this "goal."

In your case, perhaps the "Happy place" you are trying to create, in fact, no matter how desirable it may appear to "you" as you think you are, does not further this underlying desire of YOU that is nearer to who you REALLY are. It runs counter, or against, the "destiny" or deeper desire of your truer Self to "Awaken to Knowledge of Self" in my example. (Which again, I am using as a TOOL for following the reasoning, but it may not in fact BE the goal. It is a goal commonly offered by the core spiritual teachings of many traditions and so I selected it as a likely suspect.)

Perhaps, (and perhaps only, I have no idea in FACT,) you are very gifted in the area of envisioning/creation even with your "self," while that "self" is conscious and "in control." But perhaps in the state of UN-consciousness, when Mind, Ego, Identity, what ever you call it, loses its authority, your Self which is more fundamental, and is even more gifted/able to create overrides this creation of "mind" and "snaps you back" to the "place/time" where this core desire is most likely to be fulfilled.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
One further thing, in relation to Skyfloating's observation that there appears to be a "time lag" in creation.

It occurred to me that the time lag is NOT a fixed necessity. It couldnt be, assuming time is a creation of Mind and not reflective of "absolute Truth," however you might define that.

It occurred to me that "time lag" will vary according to two variables.

1) The relative "distance" this "creation" will create between underlying goal or desire of "Truer Self," according to the "rules" your Consciousness/self operates under.
(where distance is not an absolute Truth, but an apparent one that conforms to the "rules" mind operates under)

2) The degree to which your "idea of self" deviates from "truer" or "True Self."
(Because True Self is NOT a creation of Mind, and is not subject to the "rules of mind" or "time/space.")
It occurred to me that the more Aware you are of "Who and What you really Are" and less bound to identification with Mind, which is heavily "rule bound" the less "rules" (ie; Time) would apply in an effort to shift Consciousness to alternate "story lines."

So, if your "desire" is not in fundamental conflict with the Underlying Desire, the time lag may be short, regardless of your Awareness of yourself as A truer "Self."

If the "desire" IS in fundamental conflict with the Underlying desire, on the route you currently are on, and you are strongly identified with MIND, a longer lag may appear to occur because Mind is following the "rules" to get from point A to point B. Even though the rules are not fundamental, but a creation of Mind itself, to the degree you think you ARE mind, you give "reality" to the "rules of mind," (time/space) and consequently are bound by them.

This would also explain why "release" expedites creation. "Release" appears to be a shift, albeit a temporary one in most cases, to Self, (which does not "struggle" and is not bound by rules) and away from the operation of Mind. (Which is both the rule generator and is then bound by the rules it generates.)

Anyway, I apologize if this is all seemingly unintelligible. It actually makes some sense to me, believe it or not, but even while writing it I recognize that it isnt the clearest translation from thought into words.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hi,,i've just realised that what i posted on the topic "numbers and their significance" may actually be the LOA at work,,,here is the 3 posts i put up in that topic ,,,

Originally posted by Tizer
Heres my story :- I always happened to see the numbers 222 everywhere probably for the last 7 yrs or soo,,it got to the stage that i would see it on numerous occasions each day,,i kept this to myself for a while kind of wondering what it meant if anything? Eventually i mentioned to my mum about it and at several times when we were together i would point it out to her,,eg price tag - clock - temp gauge jst whenever it would show up,could this really be all coincidence? Anyway heres the fun part for me, she also told me that i was born at 2.22 am on the 2nd,,now this could all be meaningless but i dont think so too much of a coincidence i think,,i mean i tried it with different numbers 444 - 333 and a few others to see if i brought those to my attention i would begin to see those everywhere,,unfortunately it never happened jst 222 as usual?! anyway read into it as u wish but i try to use the numbers as positive reminders that when i see them i think positive thoughts and ask for the meaning to be shown to me and know that there is a greater power guiding us
good luck

I dont know what it means either? One thing i do know from my own experience of this "funny" phenomenon (i say funny because it does make me laugh when it happens repeatedly) is that if i look for it, it wont appear,ive tried this,,ive deliberately went through my day(s) looking for the sequence of numbers i constantly see and guess what ,,i dont see them,,not once,,unless i deliberately sit and watch the clock ofcourse,,but you know what i mean,,then in a moment of not paying "attention" bam there it is,,for instance as the number of mg's on the ingredient list of a shampoo bottle i was reading?! try this as an experiment,,this works for me,,when your quiet relaxing in bed or whatever,,,think of something you never see normally,,pink bag with green dots for instance? i dont know? Now do this for a few days,,jst relax and see it in your head the shape,colour,texture etc etc,,,then after each time just release it from your thoughts,,guess what,,id almost guarantee within the next few days you will see it,,,on TV,,on a person,,,now this is strange,,u wont see it while looking for it,,but you will see it will not looking for it,,,explain that one? To me its like your subconcious takes your thought and somehow pulls it into your physical experience,,this may not work for everyone due to possibly how clear you can visualise things,concentrate,relax etc,,im no expert,,only relaying from my own experience of this phenomenon

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
and last one

I understand your point,however

you can only imagine it from something previously seen

Why is this? Surely you can think of your own bag,people design new things everyday.The point i was making (using a bag as a reference) is that when you bring something into your attention/consciousness for a few days while relaxing be it anything,although personally i think it would have to be something you believe is possible ,(eg your not going to see a NASA rocket take off from your back garden) you will begin to see it more regularly in the next few weeks,,,now,,Is this because you are looking for your chosen item/thought all the time,,therefore when you do come across your chosen object you are mentally noting it? Or is it on a subconscious level? The reason i say this is,,after doing the experiment for a few days/week,,,try deliberately looking for your chosen item,,you might find it pretty hard to find,in my experience this is the case but the minute you stop consciously looking for it,,guess what,,you know the answer,,,it crops up everywhere,,,as i said in my previous post im no expert here,,only relaying my personal experience with this,,doesnt work all the time i suppose, otherwise id have that lottery cheque or maybe i really believe i cant/wont win the lottery,why would i be so lucky,,but if our mind can manifest such items as bags,books,cars,people,phonecalls,,,then who knows what we could be capable of manifesting for ourselves?! Depression? Happiness? Material things? just throwing this out there as i find it an interesting phenomenon

regards

Now,,just this week,,as ive been sitting at my drawing table at home ive been saying to myself "i need to get a new ruler",,thats it,,simple sentence in my head,i wasnt deliberately trying to attract it,,just each time i sat down,,thats kind of what run through my head,,about 3 days later i still had not bought one,,i mean there not expensive,,just hadn't got round to it,,but my father in-law walked in that morning and said "here,i got you a ruler it only cost me 15p" he didnt know i wanted a ruler,,i never said to anyone,,but there it was,,also lately i had been thinking of a young girl i hadnt seen for a while since moving home,,kind of run through my mind a few times over a few days as i was in the area a bit and wondered if id meet her,,well today i did,,walked right up to me today,not seen her for 8 months or so,,and here she was after maybe 3 days of the idea running through my mind,,,the thing ive noticed about this is,,these things happen when i dont look for them,,,ok ive run them through my mind for a few days,,then maybe i do the "let go" part? and they just show up,,i've done this with money,,i got it ,,lol,,but at a price,,i also did it to see my dad again,,not seen him in 5yrs,,guess what,,last week thats us back in touch through strange circumstances im not going into,,but for that,,i always thought of him driving to work 30mins,,,then same thing,,forgot about it,,then Bam,,phonecall,,is this LOA?! thanks for reading my lengthy sprawl

regards

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Just wanted to let you know, Skyfloating and IllusionsAreGrandeur, that I've just read your replies.

Wow... ; )
They are very thoughtful, of course, and will need quite a bit of my "quality time" before I even attempt a reply in my turn.

Thank you VERY much.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Vanitas, thank you for posting the link to that book "A Happy Pocket Full of Money." I just started to read it, and already on page 13 he is talking about "mind as a tool" and being separate from Self. A little creepy, because that is one of the concepts I have been "seeing" and working with lately, but reassuring in the sense that it demonstrates that we are all pulling from One source.

I think that there is a lot more "work" to be done on the concept of Oneness, that that particular understanding is missing or mistaken by most of us, but that it is "key" to the deeper "goal" or "desire" that your Self, my Self, all of our Selves, which in fact are the same Self, has as a priority at this "point" in our apparent "time." I think that therein lies a "key" to the way certain goals, or desires, (oft used examples being winning lotteries, sports games, etc.,) are thwarted by the wishes of "others." Ultimately, I think it is not the sheer weight of all these "others," but instead due to the fact that there ARE in fact no "others."

I wont go to far down that road at the moment, as I really dont have words for it yet, not ones I think will illuminate more than muddy, anyway. But thank you for finding that. I am really interested in how that person explains things, he uses physics, which is one of the ways my poor little mind has been trying to understand it, and perhaps I can get more clarity.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
i]reply to post by Skyfloating

And get this: Seemingly happy slaves are good slaves. Theyve pulled it off so brilliantly that people actually believe its a worthwhile goal to "get a job at a company" (become a corporate slave). Heck, many of my friends are in the 9 to 5 work-consume treadmill and are completely happy with it (seemingly).

The happy slaves don't want to know what else might be out there. The familiar is comfortable even if it is overwork and credit card debt.

I completely agree with the education conspiracy and I have a child in middle school, I do what I can to negate it.

I am not in a position to add new information to this thread but I am Learning so much. Please do continue as your time allows.

Someone made the point that for an inexperienced person a vague request as apposed to "I want this and I want it this way" is more powerful.
As I reread this thread I realized that I have done this several times. The first was "I own a good car that I can afford." Three months later I bought a 97 mustang convertible w/41000 orig. miles for $200.00, No that is not a typo!
In June of last year we had a major financial set back and I naively asked for a "do-over". At Christmas time an elderly family member from another state offered us a house and acreage if we would move there to help them out. We're moving!!
I own 3 of the books listed previously, and got a lot from them but some things I couldn't understand, after the info and links in this thread those parts make more sense now.
When I realized the Secret was incomplete I ask for a teacher. I am very grateful for this thread as I feel that It is preparing me to meet that teacher.
To all of the regular posters, "Thank you! from the bottom of my heart" and Please do continue. Sherry

[edit on 2-3-2008 by Curiosityrising]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
A few serious (at least to me), long-winded questions to the fabulous people on this thread:

1. I am of the Wicce; I was raised in the Craft, and, purely on the face of it all, the "As I will, so mote it be, and "As above, so below" intent and belief statements inherent to my faith are disturbingly similar to this LOA concept ( I still hesitate to put a label on it).
That being said, I actually feel conflicted in that I have been aware of NOT needing ritual work to focus my intentions for some time. As such, I wonder how to manifest my appreciation of the God/dess (insert Higher Power here...lol)in my life without doing the rote things I have become accustomed to.
I give gratitude each day that I have the ability to do what I am, and be who I am, but I wonder, is the God/dess or Universe being reciprocal by sending these vibrations back to me, or is my faith merely a crutch keeping me enslaved to some weird belief system, and LOA is purely "what you send out, you get back", period, end of story?

2. Also, in one of the books suggested here in the thread, ( I believe it is the Dodson...'Parallel Universe of Self'), the author refers to reaching a zero-point of infinity, in order to reach "identitylessness" to access another version of oneself...
Does this mean I must basically deprogram myself into being an empty vessel again? That's not extremely hard, but it definitely takes some doing. And how will this effect the intent I already have? Or maybe I just answered myself, because if I intend a new start, none of this matters?

Sorry, folks; I am on my way to some kind of cathartic (in a good way) change; just want to understand correctly.

Be Well.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by althea041724
sending these vibrations back to me, or is my faith merely a crutch keeping me enslaved to some weird belief system, and LOA is purely "what you send out, you get back", period, end of story?

I prefer the word "focussing aid" to the word "crutch". Rituals and belief-systems can become powerful helpers to focus because the already have a history associated to them. They are "charged" and "loaded" with meaning. So while LOA certainly doesnt need any of it and works just like that, its much easier for the mind to believe in something tangible.

the author refers to reaching a zero-point of infinity, in order to reach "identitylessness" to access another version of oneself...
Does this mean I must basically deprogram myself into being an empty vessel again? That's not extremely hard, but it definitely takes some doing. And how will this effect the intent I already have? Or maybe I just answered myself, because if I intend a new start, none of this matters?

Thats a pretty extremist (shamanic) practice and not necessary at all for LOA to work. Its enough to become silent and relaxed...thats "empty" enough. The point being made imo is that you cant be brim full with stuff or in a state of tension, overwhelm or neediness when practicing visualization/loa/creation.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join