It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by althea041724

Hi,
If my soul weren't still developing I wouldn't be physically posting here in this forum, and I'm sure my creator knows it's own creation. Nope, not wiccan, just a spiritual seeker. I first encountered "as above..so below" many years ago when I was studying Edgar Cayce, since then I have become aware that that basic Cosmic concept is one of the underlying foundations of most of the ancient belief systems and I find myself drawn to it in an overall spiritual context, although I do believe that the Cosmos reflects itself in its own creation. Nice to meet you also.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by andolin
reply to post by Illahee

Funny that you mention the chambers brothers song "Time", Illahee..
While reading through these posts I was listening to it and thinking about multiple Time lines. The concept of the Law of attraction is not new, as you and many others have stated, unfortunately the potential to abuse and misuse this, and other cosmic laws has always been mans want. The law of attraction, in my view, is linked to the Law of creation. The pattern of thought..desire..belief..existence is a cosmic law that the ancients taught and the priests scribes and charlatans misused to control and deceive the populace. The "new age" way it is being used without laying a spiritual foundation is very frightening to me, and can cause serious damage to a souls development. Just my thoughts. Great thread

I fully agree. It is however being done by people with no thought to the ends. It is perhaps a duty once cast to the masses to help minimize the damage and risk. Everyone knew it was coming, the first book in the late 60s was not so damaging but now we have people hawking the ability to take down the lotto, and gullable fools that fall right in line to pay. Yes the people that know better have a duty to lead in the proper direction. What do you do though when a persons core beliefs are just taking? A couple of stories are starting to crop up now about abusing the laws and receiving the reverse stroke of the pendulum. This could never happen with proper teaching and structure.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

I am so happy that this thread is active again! I kept checking back after my last post but there wasn't anymore and I thought that was the end.

Anyway, I guess I will just put myself out there. It was mentioned that there were a lot of readers but very few posters on this thread. Personally, I was a little afraid to post because everyone said such incredibly amazing things and I was intimidated and afraid to look foolish. I feel like I have learned more reading this thread than I had in most other "educational" experiences. Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond.

After reading this thread, I decided that I'd "give it a go" and try reality creation for myself. Lots of people were mentioning the movie "The Secret" and its pros and cons. I didn't think I'd heard of it, but I thought I'd rent it. I went to the video store but it was out. Then, strangely, the next day, I was looking through some piles of cds for something and there was a copy of it that a friend had given me months ago. I had completely forgotten about because i had no idea what it was and the dvd refused to play. A little freaked out by this, I put it into my computer and it played with no problems at all. It's exciting just to remember how excited this little occurrence made me! Could reality creation really be this easy?

So I watched the movie and went back over this thread again, taking posters' various nuggets of advice about creation, scripting, etc. Every day I concentrated on the feelings of excitement, happiness, security, and every positive feeling I could think of that results from having the financial means I desire. Well within two weeks of hearing about LOA for the first time, I came into a good bit of money. Not enough to put me over the top, haha, but definitely not peanuts either.

The real benchmark for me as to whether or not I can create my own reality is that I have a medical condition that I have been concentrating on not having to worry about anymore. I concentrate on how wonderful I feel to be free of that nagging problem, how much better I feel about myself, and how beautiful and confident I am now that I don't have this problem. Well the problem is not totally gone, but it is better than it has been in 10 years. I have to say, things are looking pretty good!

Good things are happenining hand over fist. The hardest part has been believing that it is me causing them to happen. I could not have gotten started without everyone's most helpful input - thanks to all of you. Every time I read this thread I get so excited I could go for a run. And that's how I feel when I am thinking about how wonderful I make my own life. There are so many concepts being discussed, both simple and extremely compled that I think I will be learning from this thread for a long time to come.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099

I am so happy that this thread is active again! I kept checking back after my last post but there wasn't anymore and I thought that was the end.

And Im happy about all the excellent posters here. While questions are welcome and enjoyed, creatorship is not only about asking questions but also about forming answers. Thus Im glad that this hasnt turned into another "ask the Guru" thread but into a "meeting of equals". I especially have to hand it to Illahee and Illusionsaregrander for great support when it comes to the "answers" part.

After reading this thread, I decided that I'd "give it a go" and try reality creation for myself. Lots of people were mentioning the movie "The Secret" and its pros and cons. I didn't think I'd heard of it, but I thought I'd rent it. I went to the video store but it was out. Then, strangely, the next day, I was looking through some piles of cds for something and there was a copy of it that a friend had given me months ago. I had completely forgotten about because i had no idea what it was and the dvd refused to play. A little freaked out by this, I put it into my computer and it played with no problems at all. It's exciting just to remember how excited this little occurrence made me! Could reality creation really be this easy?

Yes, that easy. Something missing or not working until the "timing" is right or until you have actually allowed for something to be there or work.

Regularly write a list of intentions/desires, and then forget about it (no expectation). Reviewing those lists at a later date, you will notice that most of the things on the list came true...even if you hadnt noticed at the time (because you forgot about them).

Manifestation often occurs indirectly, when we arent looking. By focussing we stretch the rubber ban. By releasing focus the rubber band comes slashing back at us.

So I watched the movie and went back over this thread again, taking posters' various nuggets of advice about creation, scripting, etc. Every day I concentrated on the feelings of excitement, happiness, security, and every positive feeling I could think of that results from having the financial means I desire. Well within two weeks of hearing about LOA for the first time, I came into a good bit of money. Not enough to put me over the top, haha, but definitely not peanuts either.

"Getting into a good vibe for a few days" will often suffice to restore financial security. The reason is that you werent looking for financial security "out there", but feeling secure beforehand. And by "law of correspondence" nothing can happen to you that contradicts that.

In my life, everytime my money situation went down, all I had to do was "get back into vibe" for a few days. So, Id dress differently, behave differently, and do more enjoyable things...and sure enough...money appeared from somewhere...and, most importantly...it didnt appear from the place I was focussing on or from where I expected it to appear, but usually from somewhere else.

So, one may invest-energy into place A, but the result may come from place B. The connection is not always obvious.

The real benchmark for me as to whether or not I can create my own reality is that I have a medical condition that I have been concentrating on not having to worry about anymore. I concentrate on how wonderful I feel to be free of that nagging problem, how much better I feel about myself, and how beautiful and confident I am now that I don't have this problem. Well the problem is not totally gone, but it is better than it has been in 10 years. I have to say, things are looking pretty good!

Alright. Good job. Be gentle though and dont exert any expectational pressure that this "must" be healed. Instead, relax the body, breathe softly and gently focus on the places in your body that are already healthy, until you get a very clear imprint/feeling of what health feels like. Then (if you want) transfer this feeling to other parts of the body.

BTW (mentioning this just in case): Do not dismiss conventional treatment methods to accompany your mind-creations. Intentions such as "I find the right doctors", "I find the right methods", "I trust in conventional and alternative methods" are certainly helpful. By labelling conventional medicine and doctors as "incompetent" or "stupid" you suck the energy right out of them and seperate yourself from their ability to help.
So basically, you drive a 3-way-street of conventional medicine, alternative medicine AND reality-creation-techniques/law of allowing.
So its not "this OR that" but "this AND that".

Good things are happenining hand over fist. The hardest part has been believing that it is me causing them to happen. I could not have gotten started without everyone's most helpful input - thanks to all of you. Every time I read this thread I get so excited I could go for a run. And that's how I feel when I am thinking about how wonderful I make my own life. There are so many concepts being discussed, both simple and extremely compled that I think I will be learning from this thread for a long time to come.

Thanks for the good results report!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

Your good reports are why any of us would even discuss what we already know and benefit from. But you see, it like the song. "Oz never did give nothing to the tin man, that he didn't, didn't already have....."

I mentioned my wifes work on her career. About 20 days ago we were talking about how it could be better, and I drew her an org chart. the top one was labeled the old dysfunctional chart, and a line was drawn. the bottom was the new functional and profitable chart and labeled as such. Similar to my other work with subconscious reprogramming, the old list was ever so lightly scribbled through to make it difficult to see and the new one became clear. Yesterday she told me that the people not on the new chart had been let go and she was free to begin rebuilding with fresh employees and assume the role of operational VP. Yes build a new group from scratch with her in charge of the two lower businesses.

I asked if she remembered what I drew. She immediately remembered and wanted to see the charts. This is beyond attraction and more creation but with the two similar things so closely linked it is a place where both are easy to understand.

Creation has a sequence of events that generate the result. Attraction can be produced merely with a love of a result, although is less complex results.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Alright. Good job. Be gentle though and dont exert any expectational pressure that this "must" be healed. Instead, relax the body, breathe softly and gently focus on the places in your body that are already healthy, until you get a very clear imprint/feeling of what health feels like. Then (if you want) transfer this feeling to other parts of the body.

BTW (mentioning this just in case): Do not dismiss conventional treatment methods to accompany your mind-creations. Intentions such as "I find the right doctors", "I find the right methods", "I trust in conventional and alternative methods" are certainly helpful. By labelling conventional medicine and doctors as "incompetent" or "stupid" you suck the energy right out of them and seperate yourself from their ability to help.
So basically, you drive a 3-way-street of conventional medicine, alternative medicine AND reality-creation-techniques/law of allowing.

This is critical information that I am going to add a piece to but it is a vein of gold together.

To forgive and forget will bring healing from inner conflict manifesting in the flesh. To Forgive=to forget. I can't say how critical this is to understand. In order to perfect the healing free yourself and your mind from all ill will about past events. Even if you were the source of the wrong. Going forward feel only love and remember only the good times.

Combine these two and you have a knock out punch for the dis-ease.

In the case where the patient will not free themselves from hate I recommend a monthly hypnosis session following a three day set of sessions. This will hold the ill at bay until the patient can be instructed as to methods to perform the release. I will do reprogramming on these folks as well if they have the potential to benifit until they can free themselves.

See a licensed medical practitioner for any medical condition. These techniques are always used IN ADDITION TO licensed medical care. Never in place of.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee

Originally posted by Skyfloating

This is critical information that I am going to add a piece to but it is a vein of gold together.

To forgive and forget will bring healing from inner conflict manifesting in the flesh. To Forgive=to forget. I can't say how critical this is to understand. In order to perfect the healing free yourself and your mind from all ill will about past events. Even if you were the source of the wrong. Going forward feel only love and remember only the good times.

Combine these two and you have a knock out punch for the dis-ease.

In the case where the patient will not free themselves from hate I recommend a monthly hypnosis session following a three day set of sessions. This will hold the ill at bay until the patient can be instructed as to methods to perform the release. I will do reprogramming on these folks as well if they have the potential to benifit until they can free themselves.

See a licensed medical practitioner for any medical condition. These techniques are always used IN ADDITION TO licensed medical care. Never in place of.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by Illahee]

I totally agree with both your sentiments on medical healing. I have been concentrating on the feeling of being healed and whole without any regard for what method might do the healing. The truth is I don't care about the means, only that I can be healed. And the funniest part? The means of treatment that has helped more than anything I've tried in the past decade is just an over the counter treatment I had never head of. To me it makes the most sense that I would come across something that could help me rather than just waking up miraculously healed. Haha, although that would be cool as well.

Thanks to both Skyfloating and Illahee for your latest tips. I will make sure to give them lots of thought. And thanks for the encouragement!

I also have a question for anyone who is a believer that we can create our own reality: Do any of you vote?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I also have a question for anyone who is a believer that we can create our own reality: Do any of you vote?

I know a lot of loa-practitioners who vote (lib and con), and a lot who dont. Not much influence there. Accept that traditionally, shamans/wizards/realitycreators dont believe that politicians/governments create their reality for them. With practicing this stuff you get a sense of self-responsibility and self-determinism...for which no real political party exists yet. My personal vote is liberternarian, which is socially liberal and economically conservative.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I agree fully with you there, Skyfloating. We can't blame the government or political parties for any circumstances that we or others around us find ourselves in, because that is taking away the power that we have over our own life. The power to create our lives the way we want it to be.

It is possible to live free and abundant in a fascist state IMO. Which in your reality wouldn't be a fascist state anyway.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by TheBandit795]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I have been blessed in this incarnation with fairly good physical health, so I really haven't had much of an opportunity to personally manifest physical change in myself, but I do believe that it is possible to create physical well being through emotional and spiritual practices. Having said this I also feel that some of our Physical conditions may be manifestations of past karmic imbalances or debts (as you will). therefore forgiving oneself and others my alleviate but not eliminate the issue because it's physical manifestation is necessary for the complete cleansing of the debt. I apologize in advance if my spiritual beliefs have insulted or offended anyone, but I just interject these thoughts as they may have some bearing on our ability to use these laws of attraction and creation.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by andolin

That's what the largest percentage believe, payment to the utmost farthing be it once or a hundred times until the account is closed. I have had some rather unique and advanced insights into the process, and retain the memory of leaving out of turn. (my bad) It would seem payment can be made anywhere but must still be made. Its fastest to pay it off here. Really. Pay it forward isn't so bad when you have not seen the bill yet.....

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I never vote. I gave up on telling the polis what to do, and left. I find the other side of the fence to be refreshing and full of freedom.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Yes, everyone (every soul) may offer forgiveness to bring about spiritual balance, but then you still have the physical laws of the cosmos to deal with (make amends with if you will). Maybe this is where the theory of "Grace" comes in. Anyway if we can attract and create realities one can only hope that we can attract and create conditions of healing within these realities. The intent should be pure however, "paying it forward" for purely self profit might be detrimental in the long run. Do unto others, ect. ect.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

Well I'll "vote", I believe that we can create our own realities. If everyone is capable of doing this, it leads to the assumption that those around you are also creating their "own realities", and therefore their realities may effect your own created reality. Becomes a battle of wills. So surround yourself with those of similar or like minded intent and a common reality can flourish.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
My goodness! I jump out for a few days and the thread grows exponentially yet again! It’s wonderful that people here (myself very much included), are “getting it”, not just taking things at face value. I admit, I am still sometimes confused by what some of you are saying, but if I re-read, and use a bit more common sense, it eventually becomes clear.

Sc2099...aren’t YOU blessed!! What good news you shared with us. Skyfloating and Illahee definitely made valid and important points with regard to your health…definitely make it a joint approach to your healing.

Andolin; I used to vote, years ago , and don’t think I shall this year.

Question tho; are we not adding to conventional reality when we vote for one candidate or another? Obviously, we have intent, if we are casting a vote..

Unfortunately, it isn’t practical for us to be so deep into a one-track reality that we live like hermits and don’t have to interact with society, so…how much impact would/could a group of Creators have in an election process? Could they band together with full intent of changing the outcome?

I say no; I say it’s like the “lottery” analogy that Skyfloating gave us early on; too many people trying to get what they want thins out the pool for your intent to manifest.
Would anyone care to elaborate on this jumbled theory I just attempted to throw out there?
Time for the day job…I’ll have to check back more often.

Be Well.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by althea041724
I say no; I say it’s like the “lottery” analogy that Skyfloating gave us early on; too many people trying to get what they want thins out the pool for your intent to manifest.
Would anyone care to elaborate on this jumbled theory I just attempted to throw out there?

Well its true for most depending on your education, subject matter, experiences. We could say its a loose general rule.

There is one woman that used to be on the secret forum that won the lottery multiple times with the secret. Not sure if she still posts there because of the wave of leaches that show up.

She loved the idea of winning the lottery more than anything in her life. More than family, home and all other things. With this type of focus its possible and probable, but the door to evil has opened up a long, long time before that. She forsake all other things in life to focus there, and now that is the life focus. This is the very reason why these things are taught under instruction, as they can create and destroy based on the internal nature of the human. You can even have good will and lead yourself astray if not very careful

It all seems so very safe, but there are cases where things go bad, and those folks are not talking.

Due care and caution. Balance, equity, and fairness. The love of fellow man, and the will to do good. All of these are critical.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Unfortunately, it isn’t practical for us to be so deep into a one-track reality that we live like hermits and don’t have to interact with society, so…how much impact would/could a group of Creators have in an election process? Could they band together with full intent of changing the outcome?

I wanted to respond specifically to this. The usual thing is a stair step initiation however it is waived in some groups based on demonstrated skills and values. It is normal to seek out others at the same level and do work together even if its experimentation.

If you were assured an even and like skilled group of persons had come together to obtain a specific purpose, it would have a radical effect although it may not sway things far enough one way or the other, if it was close it could be enough. Make no mistake, politicians are also campaigning private groups for just such an edge. In the case of true creators, they are often repulsed by politics. In many cases they have shifted away from heavy political and financial interest, in order to do what they feel is best for others. It is a norm for someone who can have anything, not to take anything. You generally don't see a true student involved with the gold rush for very long before they lose interest and start thinking about what they could really do to make a difference. This requires a very displaced ego, so that personal wants and biases are not propagated over what is of true value.

To be specific and now my memory fails me there was some sort of test to reduce crime in WA DC, and it lowered the crime rate 20-30 %. It might be on the secret dvd. I don't remember

[edit on 12-3-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee

I wanted to respond specifically to this. The usual thing is a stair step initiation however it is waived in some groups based on demonstrated skills and values. It is normal to seek out others at the same level and do work together even if its experimentation.

If you were assured an even and like skilled group of persons had come together to obtain a specific purpose, it would have a radical effect although it may not sway things far enough one way or the other, if it was close it could be enough. Make no mistake, politicians are also campaigning private groups for just such an edge. In the case of true creators, they are often repulsed by politics. In many cases they have shifted away from heavy political and financial interest, in order to do what they feel is best for others. It is a norm for someone who can have anything, not to take anything. You generally don't see a true student involved with the gold rush for very long before they lose interest and start thinking about what they could really do to make a difference. This requires a very displaced ego, so that personal wants and biases are not propagated over what is of true value.

To be specific and now my memory fails me there was some sort of test to reduce crime in WA DC, and it lowered the crime rate 20-30 %. It might be on the secret dvd. I don't remember

[edit on 12-3-2008 by Illahee]

So there are actual groups of similarly skilled, equally curious people who congregate for purposes of experimentation and discussion? How interesting! By stair step initiation, do you mean a hierarchy those who are more skilled teaching or being in charge of a particular group? Or are groups always composed of people at similar skill levels? Haha, kind of like karate classes...

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by andolin
Well I'll "vote", I believe that we can create our own realities. If everyone is capable of doing this, it leads to the assumption that those around you are also creating their "own realities", and therefore their realities may effect your own created reality. Becomes a battle of wills. So surround yourself with those of similar or like minded intent and a common reality can flourish.

In giving this type of coaching to large companies there´s a different type of conclusion Ive reached, and that is: If each person of a group expresses their individuality while accepting/respecting the individuality of others, the puzzle-pieces naturally form a perfect picture.

This idea is at odds with the two current systems of operation which are a communist-like structure on the one side ("we are all the same") and a dictatorship-like structure on the other side ("the leader forms the individual according to his will").

Ideal flow does occur when it is acknowledged that we can all be ONE and work for the same goal (company goal for example) while at the same time maintaining our unique individuality (contributing our unique piece to the puzzle).

The idea that oneness eradicates individuality or that individuality eradicates togetherness are both fallacies, but they are not well understood by the dualistic mind.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Question tho; are we not adding to conventional reality when we vote for one candidate or another? Obviously, we have intent, if we are casting a vote..

The general "new age" idea is that diversity is very welcome and that life is not about seeking conformity or to impose one´s own views upon others. A soul visiting this planet actually desires many different types of realities and even many contradicting realities. From a non-physical vantage point al is ONE anyway, so all the diversity and variety is a pretty exciting and fun thing. Striving for others to agree with one viewpoint (even with LOA), is not helpful for the general purpose of the soul. Therefore those who vote and those who dont vote, those who vote this side and those who vote the other side, are quite welcome.

Genius (imo) is facilitated by a soul who is able to occupy any viewpoint and even change between viepoints. The shaman will therefore (imo) have a time when he/she votes, a time when he/she obstains from voting, will be one side today and the other side tommorow...all in the name of balance. Why do I equate this with genius? Because seeing the world from the same vantage point always, will limit one´s perspective/intelligence. If you want to experience something new, you have to shift perception first.

Furthermore, if I can create a good life independent of what all other people are doing and thinking, the importance of politics is greatly reduced. Politics then becomes nothing more than "management of infrastructure and the basics of organized society" and not something I am totally dependent on for happiness.

Of course, if everyone has zero care about politics, undesirable overall systems can gain "power". So, Im not advocating apathy here, only a little bit of independence.

Time for the day job…I’ll have to check back more often.

Be Well.

Well, I agree. In order to find joy its not really necessary to compete with others for winning the lottery or to compete with others for which belief-system is the right one. All thats necessary is to find energetic-alignment with one´s true, relaxed self.

"If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make that change".

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join