It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyknockers
You know that’s the real trick. Sure I could come up with a million reasons why I want to quit but if deep down my mind still believes it brings me pleasure…well that can be tuff to fight. That’s the magic bullet I need, something to turn that switch off in the control panel like in the video Illahee referenced.

Thanks for the help, I will need all the ammo I can find to fight this thing.

Well, wait a minute right there. Once you´ve decided to quit, all you have to do is coax yourself into associating a bunch of evils with smoking and a bunch of goods with non-smoking. Thats not a fight, its a writing-exercise of about 60 minutes, accompanied by a quick stop-and-never-look-back and maybe some nicorette.

Once you´ve made a decision about something, there is no fight, only a simple fact of life. The fight is only there if you havent decided. Thats the nature of decision.

The ONLY thing that makes it hard is associating good with it. And this is NOT "DEEP DOWN". Its surface level. There is no "deep down secret" to fight.

Once you´ve decided, act quick. Dont be thinking about this too much.

The alternative is to decide to be a smoker and enjoy smoking and associate good things with smoking. Thats the second best path.

But the worst path you can take (in my humble opinion only, of course) is NOT to decide...and be torn between the two worlds.

1. Smoking sucks, I quit

2. Smoking is ok for me, I continue.

Those are the two decisions that accord to "the law of attraction".

But YOU are here:

1. Smoking sucks, I continue.

See the issue?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Addition:

If you believe its a "fight" read what I wrote again. You´re missing something. Its pretty simple because "deep down" you dont believe in smoking. The only things that are "deep down" are beliefs like "I am human". "The sun shines". Smoking is a surface-thought and able to wipe out in 2 weeks.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Addiction is a very difficult thing. Everyone wants a magic pill but the truth is all of the really good methods have risk tied to them. Some have considerable risk.

Here is a spirit afflicted scenario that needs work on multiple levels:

First there would be work on the lower soul. If the lower soul is actually the one that wants to smoke, well thats a problem. If it is possible to convince the lower soul or subconscious that it is to end, then the second level is next. If not there needs to be a determination if only one lower soul exists, a fragmentation or multiple exists, or if an invading cohabitational soul has entered. (minor case similar to possession which is easy to clean up) If the lower is in agreement the next step is to show through symbols a change that is desired. We would likely show an image of the brand of cigarettes being mirrored on a small pool of water only we change the water image to a bottle of water, and then get the buy off. It could be any group of symbols, but the ones it chooses are the ones to use. This being just an example. It sounds very complicated but for a worker may be 1/2 hr to 45 min.

Once the lower soul is in agreement, the typical hypno session like the one I linked to is done, with the same replacement. Keep in mind that link shows Suggestion, NLP, and a very ancient method some may pick up on. In this state we are also looking for outside spirit influences that may need to be detached.

The closing being a contact with the higher soul and agreement for assistance.

It all sounds so very simple. Is it dangerous? You better believe it. Start playing in the mind and you could destroy an individual permanently.

So what else can be done? LOA is just the ticket. The above spirit afflicted case is not the norm. 1 out of 3000 possibly. The average case is a choice. The person has chosen to use, regardless of any silly reasons the may have, they chose. The answer is to un choose.

To use LOA here you must use imagination. to see. to feel. to desire. You have to imagine how it would be other wise. Here is the kicker, LOA will work any areas that need worked, the brain, the body, the mind. It will do it for you down to the smallest molecule being put in order.

Anything the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve. This is an absolute. A law so to speak.

Lets say you need to build your skill set with LOA. Do that first. Save smoking and other things for a bit until you have solid evidence of your skill level and then tackle them with confidence in knowing you will prevail.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

I still insist that the "depth" of the issue and the "huge challenge" neednt be over-emphasized. Of course over-emphasizing it like you do...and like tommyknockers does...will cause the success/relief to be much greater.

I was trying to play down the importance/difficulty...which will make it easier to drop the minor little tiny habit...but also make it feel like less of an accomplishment.

Just saying, for him to contrast and compare.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I was trying to also play down a bit form th extreme side. If someone was seriously messed up like the example they should be working with licensed medical care first and then outside help on the spiritual issues.

If you can look at that situation and say well hey that isn't me, then we are back to a choice to continue the behavior.

It really is a plain and simple choice. If you choose different the world can shift to accommodate that choice merely by making it. To say that your personal problems are very in depth or difficult is really only saying you do not want to choose differently, and really don't have a solid reasoning to continue to do the same thing, so you will create false complicity to cover up the choice.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
I was trying to also play down a bit form th extreme side. If someone was seriously messed up like the example they should be working with licensed medical care first and then outside help on the spiritual issues.

Oh of course. Im sure you too have a paragraph that says "not substitute for medical care, but an addition to already existing medical care".

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Well actually no. That low level work say for research and entertainment purposes only at the bottom of each page.
People generally accept the work and are trained to conduct it on their own, but they will usually ask to have it done again for them which makes no sense at all because we put them in the drivers seat and they know what there is to know about it.

I do not like people to become dependent when there is absolutely no need for it. They are sovereign's so they should continue on their own. The one thing walking them through it the first time does do is give a good idea if they need a referral for in depth therapy which I want no part of. If they refuse to follow though, I have entertained them.

For the spiritual work They have to have their own system of a higher power, or a belief that certain fundamental laws are in place and in control. There again there are so many brainwashed people that believe in organic cures for spiritual issues and spiritual cures for organic issues. With these distance yourself as much as possible. If a mind is open its open, but if its closed I just don't have a can opener large enough for that job.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Tell me about it. After 10 years of being in the profession it has become so important to have THEM be the master, have THEM find their own answers that sometimes it looks like Im not working anymore

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Alright, I've got a new question
. Have any of you ever dreamt something and then it came true? I don't mean something ambiguous, I mean an exact set of circumstances, dialogue, details, right down to what you were wearing. Well this has happened to me several times over a span of years. None of the dreams were prolific as they were about just commonplace happenings.

I always wondered how this was possible. Was it really predicting the future, or was it something different? Well with my recent study of the Law of Attraction, an idea came to me. Is it possible that the dream isn't a prediction of the future, but that the dreamer is creating the actual future in reflection of the dream?

Any input would be appreciated.

p.s. I bought Ask and It Is Given as you suggested much earlier in the thread, Skyfloating, and it is so amazing! I'm doing 4 of the exercises and I still have to read the last 11. Thanks to all the contributors to this thread for sharing their knowledge, and especially to Skyfloating for starting it up.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099

Have any of you ever dreamt something and then it came true? I don't mean something ambiguous, I mean an exact set of circumstances, dialogue, details, right down to what you were wearing. Well this has happened to me several times over a span of years. None of the dreams were prolific as they were about just commonplace happenings.

Nothing is commonplace

I always wondered how this was possible. Was it really predicting the future, or was it something different? Well with my recent study of the Law of Attraction, an idea came to me. Is it possible that the dream isn't a prediction of the future, but that the dreamer is creating the actual future in reflection of the dream?

Its both. A pre-cognition is a creation and a creation is a pre-cognition. The mind has a little bit of difficulty matching both, though, because it can understand only sequential time and cause-effect. But in loa-studies, cause and effect can and do reverse.

Another way to put it: Some dreams are predictions of what will happen if you stay on the same frequency.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Could i just ask a mad question ?

Is it maybe possible that the law of attraction can work so instant that the meganism behind it could cause shapeshifting ?

Just a thought after reading some topics.

Reality manipulation
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Shapeshifting, is it possible ?
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan
Could i just ask a mad question ?

Is it maybe possible that the law of attraction can work so instant that the meganism behind it could cause shapeshifting ?

Just a thought after reading some topics.

I am not speaking for the LOA-crowd here, this is my personal opinion:

The advanced version of this loa-stuff involves what is called "identity shifting".

the advanced version of "identity shifting" is shamanic shapeshifting.

In other words, the practitioner then does not only change his belief-system, but one level above that, his identity and physical makeup.

However, this is not something humans normally do. Its "way out there".

Unfortunately "shapeshifting" has come to mean "reptilians" and "evil" in these corners. Originally though, shapeshifting was a shamanic process to experience various aspects of life for various purposes.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Just as a thought.
If the law of atraction can manifest house, money etc into your live, could you than maybe create new body parts and maybe a different body if one would focus enough ?
Not that i like an other body, mine serves me well

Just like to see how far this could go.

I mean the law of atraction seems to be able to alter physical things.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
jaamaan,

I've just been browsing through an old thread of Skyfloating's, you might be very interested in it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've learned and practiced some of it before through borrowed genius.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by TheBandit795]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
yes fantastic information there.

one example i realy like.

Originally posted by poltergeist
As I mentioned before earlier in this thread, there is a strong correlation between shape-shifting and remote influencing ability / micro pk. Micro pk is just an under evolved version of macro pk ( which is the ability to totally manipulate reality and distort it or change it to the effect of appearing unrealistic )

It makes sense because energy is at the root of everything. Matter is molecules in motion or energy. If quantum energy is kinetic, and if it is the realm of possibility then other realms beyond this one are purely holographic and are very subject to change and manipulation.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099
Alright, I've got a new question
. Have any of you ever dreamt something and then it came true? I don't mean something ambiguous, I mean an exact set of circumstances, dialogue, details, right down to what you were wearing. Well this has happened to me several times over a span of years. None of the dreams were prolific as they were about just commonplace happenings.

My mother had a dream like that once (I recently wrote about it, and about a similar dream that I read about in a book, in my blog).

In principle, I quite like your idea that one thereby creates the future, although I would tend to put it differently: that one chooses (the path) through dreams.

But the problem with such dreams is precisely that they're so "commonplace", as you said (or, at any rate, nothing substantial ever seems to come out of them).

I am not saying that there necessarily must be a functional, utilitarian reason to anything we create, but that's what life seems to teach us: that the "economy" of human thought and mode of being in general precludes anything that has no perceivable "purpose" to it.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

could you than maybe create new body parts and maybe a different body if one would focus enough ?

In a word?
Yes.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

could you than maybe create new body parts and maybe a different body if one would focus enough ?

In a word?
Yes.

Agreed. This sort of thing is often wrongly attributed to Sufi systems but in all honesty they have nothing that others do not have and in some cases very much less. It is a lifetime quest.

In recorded instances I refer to the bible. The reference is to the man with shrived limbs which is quite a bit different than replacing something that isn't there. There is no limit however. Merely asking the question is the decision to accept the limits of others. In truth there are no limits but the ones you allow others to put into you. It starts at birth.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This is a short and quick read that will answer a lot of common questions about reality creation.

5 Law of Attraction Mistakes to Avoid

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Isn't it a bit of a paradox in that the only way to put this to work is to believe you can. And on the other hand the only way to believe you can is to actually do it and see the results? Apparently the universe doesn't like to be tested so how does one bridge the gap between wishful thinking and or an open mind to practitioner?

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join