It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Forces Convo : Originally Called 'For all those people who think the American Special Force

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Alright. US SF were in Kuristan operating there long before GW1 (along with British Desert Rats).

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
We were also talking about Iraq specifically, e.g. Baghdad, Basra...
no offense thou

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Sorry coming in late. I will catch up!

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
haha it's alright.. I suppose you can argue kurdistan is iraq so...

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Talking to walls again, I see.

No matter, its pretty damn obvious the flaws in the basis of your arguements. Sigh.

No matter. Those who know know anyways.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I freely conceed where I make mistakes, see my argument with Zedd.
Stop being such a bloody twat and make the argument maturely without insulting me, for I will only do it back to you.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Abosultely Kurdistan is part of Iraq. The SF used that as ground zero / safehaven to operate black bag operations, recon, sabatoge, before the fireworks officially began in GW1. Im sure US SF and Desert Rats were causing all kinds of mischief in the bagdad area long before the official beginning. They were doing the same under the shield of Shiites in the south as well.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Desert rats were hidding in Sand Holes staking out the battleground and US SF would come and join, then all you would hear is a big bang and bye bye radar and comminucations tower.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
hehe yeah true....
It's sad though, I've just finished another book and I keep reading about how doing all these things for their country ends them being divorced, etc.... it's so sad

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Then you obviously have little clue how American military tactics work.

The point isnt to bring back the men alive. Soldiers are often deliberately sacrificed to perform the mission, if it furthers it. The tally at the end of the day isnt done by how many US soldiers come back alive. Its a matter of did the goal get accomplished? then thats the sucess. Not how many come retuning home. American soldiers are expendable, according to our books, thus, lost, dead, or captured troops arent cponsidered a failure. Seems yet another person fails to understand American military logistics.

Not that I think its right of course, they really should work more on preserving soldiers than treating them like expendable fodder, or deliberately suiciding them to get some nefarious goal accomplished. But thats an arguement for something else.

And yes, Elite forces are arrgant bastards, ive known enough in my time, but they have every right to be. However, they do not deny thier arrogance

Now this was good for a laugh. Somebody with little clue, telling someone else they have little clue.

I don't even need to contradict this statement. Was good for a morning funny.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
we like helping you wake up

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by browha

Your title says special forces expert. You are going to honestly say that that is how elite unit tactics work?

If so...let me know. I will bail this thread right now.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Then you obviously have little clue how American military tactics work.

The point isnt to bring back the men alive. Soldiers are often deliberately sacrificed to perform the mission, if it furthers it. The tally at the end of the day isnt done by how many US soldiers come back alive. Its a matter of did the goal get accomplished? then thats the sucess. Not how many come retuning home. American soldiers are expendable, according to our books, thus, lost, dead, or captured troops arent cponsidered a failure. Seems yet another person fails to understand American military logistics.

Not that I think its right of course, they really should work more on preserving soldiers than treating them like expendable fodder, or deliberately suiciding them to get some nefarious goal accomplished. But thats an arguement for something else.

And yes, Elite forces are arrgant bastards, ive known enough in my time, but they have every right to be. However, they do not deny thier arrogance

Now this was good for a laugh. Somebody with little clue, telling someone else they have little clue.

I don't even need to contradict this statement. Was good for a morning funny.

You obviously have never been in the military, have you, Zeeke? Or were you dumb enough to believe your govornment cared about your safety and wellbeing. Like all the POWs they left in Nam.

I will be a twat all I like, Browha. My patience and tolerance for people lack of knowledge, stereotypes, misunderstanding, ect, have worn thin to the point I shall not hold back any longer.

As for elite forces getting a high divorce rate, well, it is dumb of them to get married in the first place. If you want to be a commando, then marriage aint for you. Wrong line of work to want a family for. the Ethiopian special forces remedied that: married men were forbidden from the elite guard, and if you got married, you got kicked out. Ceasar once said, married men make poor soldiers. Soldiers make for poor family men.

Sad but true, but one has to choose one or the other. Families are high maintainence institutions.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Your title says special forces expert. You are going to honestly say that that is how elite unit tactics work?

which specific tactic you talking about?

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Been reading around the net. One thing is for absolute sure the CIA Paramilitary Covert Ops units were working IRAQ like a 10 dollar street whore years before the first gulf war began. They were trying to gather support and reek havok to oust Saddam while the UN tried to "inspect". CIA Paramilitary is composed of various special forces operators (Delta, Green Berets, Rangers, Seals, Etc) who have joined instead of second re-enlistment. They were running around cloaked in typical arab garb, accompanied by Kurds and Shiites. And they were not selling ice cream.

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by dreamrebel]

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

You obviously have never been in the military, have you, Zeeke?

Once again, no clue. And the childish game with my name was a nice touch.
You don't know elite tactics and you don't know me...so that makes you wrong on two counts.

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_ElfMy patience and tolerance for people lack of knowledge, stereotypes, misunderstanding, ect, have worn thin to the point I shall not hold back any longer.[/quotes]
Hahaha...pot calling the kettle black. So don't hold back. Show us all the lack of knowledge you wish. It does have some entertainment merit.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Nice pic...
whilst we're talking pictures, anyone got any of an SAS operative (in Iranian embassy seige gear prefably, the full-black with gas masks type) that is legal for an avatar? thanks

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   

LOL! Elite forces do not train to:

"The point isnt to bring back the men alive. Soldiers are often deliberately sacrificed to perform the mission, if it furthers it. The tally at the end of the day isnt done by how many US soldiers come back alive. Its a matter of did the goal get accomplished?"

Not a single elite unit trains that way. Yes, in the end...if it takes sacrifice for the mission. But it is not "often" deliberate. The statemnet about "the point isn't to bring men back alive" was so far from actual tactics, LOL! Might as well be talking about a video game.

I know you know this. Maybe just confused on what I was saying. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You obviously have never been in the military, have you, Zeeke?

Once again, no clue. And the childish game with my name was a nice touch.
You don't know elite tactics and you don't know me...so that makes you wrong on two counts.

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_ElfMy patience and tolerance for people lack of knowledge, stereotypes, misunderstanding, ect, have worn thin to the point I shall not hold back any longer.[/quotes]
Hahaha...pot calling the kettle black. So don't hold back. Show us all the lack of knowledge you wish. It does have some entertainment merit.

Little things please little minds.

I can tell enough about you that you already fall into one or two categories. No matter. Im not here to entertain you. But somehow, I think just about anything will entertain you, Zeeke. By the way, it had nothing to do with your name. Look it up.

Yes, CIA was playing around in Iraq long before the first Gulf War. And in between, we had guys up in Iraq playing thier wargames there, on top of the bombing raids we were performing on suspected WMD sites. Many of those bombs were laster guided, which many of them required someone on the ground to help. Yes, we were there when we werent supposed to, but that comes as no surprise.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

LOL! Elite forces do not train to:

"The point isnt to bring back the men alive. Soldiers are often deliberately sacrificed to perform the mission, if it furthers it. The tally at the end of the day isnt done by how many US soldiers come back alive. Its a matter of did the goal get accomplished?"

Not a single elite unit trains that way. Yes, in the end...if it takes sacrifice for the mission. But it is not "often" deliberate. The statemnet about "the point isn't to bring men back alive" was so far from actual tactics, LOL! Might as well be talking about a video game.

I know you know this. Maybe just confused on what I was saying. Sorry.

AHhh, I think you mis-read something there.... The was Skadi who said that
I know the British, at the least, special forces are designed to avoid contact, and if involved in contact, to pull out...
'If you are in contact you dont know if it's the lead scout for a patrol or a battalion... It's better to run and live to fight another day'
Unless i've gone schziophrenic or something

EDIT: I refer to the point about waking up

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by browha]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join