It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Forces Convo : Originally Called 'For all those people who think the American Special Force

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
okay i say the us navy seals were the best then as they r now, i mean back in veitnam, there k/d was a 200 to 1, i rly dont think that any other special forces unit has anything close to that but i can be wrong, and + the navy seals now r more trained now than then, soo i would think that the us navy seals is robably the worlds top special force, hell the us Marines r almost a special force unit with there mad and BA skills, so the us is a force to be rekon with.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Who Dares Wins

But your boys wouldn't come back at all.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostpro

Right. Good luck with that. That's why the Israeli government wanted SEALs in west Iraq to destroy the Scuds on the ground in GW1? Oh no, wait - that was the SAS. Israel was going to enter the war against Iraq, destroying the arab coalition in the process, but when the government was told SAS were taking out the Scud problem, they waited. And the SAS came through. The Patriot air-defense system wasn't working (it didn't shoot down a single Scud in GW1), so it was down to special forces to take out the Scuds. The US guys didn't have the experience or training to do it, so the SAS were used, as that is where they cut their teeth - long-range desert patrols and sneak-and-destroy missions. Schwartzkopf wasn't even impressed with special forces before he saw what the SAS could do, hence him insisting on meeting them personally. Apparently the SEALs didn't float his boat.

But please, do go on.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaldian

Right. Of course. Whatever gets you through the night, I guess. The comparative track records of the SAS, SBS, SEALs, and Delta Force should show you who's achieved the greatest success. Clearly it's not the US boys. Amateurs.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I worked with a team consisting of no less than 3 seals... you can tell because they have their name tapes on the back of the BDU pants like the rest of the navy

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The UKSF did a transfer with the Navy Seals a few years back. The majority of the SAS / SBS managed to get into the Seals, or at least tick all the boxes / pass selection etc. The same however was not said for the Seals team, as they where unable to cope with the inital 5 weeks of running about on Wales, Dartmoor etc.

Any member of the Navy Seals selection who does not pass out as a seal can do UKSF selection. They only have to complete 6 plus weeks of UKSF training and they are then allowed into the Seals.

Personally I beleive the SBS to be amongst the best in the world. Suffering only 1 casualty in the Falklands from SAS friendly fire. In Afghanistan as well they have proved to be a force to be reckoned with, with more than 100 kills in a single incident involving a taliban ambush. They where also responsible for the sucsessful storming of embassies in Kuwait during the Gulf War ( 1 ).

American SF just seem to lack something. Delta Force and Rangers proved a huge lack of ability in Mogidishu, and the Seals are just too commercial. I dont claim to know much about the USASF, but they just dont seem to be so elitest as the SF from other nations.

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join