It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Forces Convo : Originally Called 'For all those people who think the American Special Force

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
USA is a strong country but it has some very major weaknesses.

For example overweight and education.

Out,
Russian

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Thank you Russian! Long time no see bro! I brought up the education system in my last post (just correcting ignorance) Thank you for bringing up the fact that most of U.S. citizens ARE in fact overweight, unfortunately.

Good night folks.

-wD

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Thank you Russian! Long time no see bro! I brought up the education system in my last post (just correcting ignorance) Thank you for bringing up the fact that most of U.S. citizens ARE in fact overweight, unfortunately.

Good night folks.

-wD

Long time no see my friend.

I just had to finish with my insurance about the accident.

Out,
Russian

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by revenge
Who the hell said that America was the most powerful in the world?
Just because it has some technology, troops and 'elite-forces' doesn't mean it is the best.

If it weren't for the countries who have AND still are helping America, America would be like Nigeria or some other African country.

It would have barely any money and no troops at all. Look at the major wars that America has fought:

Civil War- The people were fighting, not the army, plus
didn't know how to fight
WWI- America wasn't even affected so dont worry

WWII- America sent in a couple of paratroopers when
war was about to finish
Japan- If it weren't for the Germans who gave the idea
of how to build the nuke, and if it weren't
backed up by Australia, it would have been easily
over run and there would be no such thing as it!
Gulf War- wasn't even a proper war because America
gave weapons to Iraq to fight Iran and then
they said that they should go to war with Iraq
because they fought Iran

F.U.C.K man how stupid could these people who say America is the strongest be. America is WEAK! Seriously WEAK!

Oh yeah and America's elite forces SUCK!! They TOTALLY SUCK!
They do crap people! Big deal, they sent in a couple of SEALS into Iraq. but guess what, the soldiers surrendered. So how can u use that as an example!!

Also, the SAS and elite troops units were devised by the BRITISH and not the USA.
Also, the US sends in about 10-15 elites in one group. That is not an elite team because if they were, they wouldn't have to rely on so many soldiers. An elite tema consists of max 3-6 troops.

HUH? Did u just finish reading,'How to make Enemies for Dummies'?
I was going to make a couple of points, but WeBDevil summed up
what I was thinking. Revenge, how about some LINKS!!

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
USA is a strong country but it has some very major weaknesses.

For example overweight and education.

Out,
Russian

The U.S is ranked #1 with obese people lol. As far as education goes, I can't see where that would be a weakness. Good job with the timeline WB.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
If it wasn't for America, we'd all be speaking German right now, and saluting the Reich. I'm not trying to brag too hard, but let's face the reality, just look at the timeline for World War 2, and World War 1 as a matter of fact, and look at how long each war had been going on for, and then look at when the United States entered the fight, and then take notice of the last date of war. Ignorant people need to wake up. Many French now-a-days speak negatively of the United States, however, if it wasn't for the U.S., there would be no France as we know it today. Look even farther back, and you will see that the only reason the French revolted, was because they saw America sucessfully do it against the British. They were the first to ever revolt against a Colonizing Empire, and kick them off their land, and thus form their own independent nation, the United States of America.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Actually, we wouldn't be speaking German at all. Germany only had plans to take over Europe and not the whole world.

Also, we currently speak english. This is because America has dominated the world through media, although it may not be through war it has still changed people.

In almost every country half of the people speak English. There was no reason for them to learn it and therefore it was forced upo9n them through American media e.g movies.

Also, when i meant it sent a couple of paratroopers i did not mean 1 or 2. I was comparing it to the size of what the European countries did. This is only natural since America didn;t focus on Germany as much as it did on Japan.

Also Japan lost because the US was already creating a nuke for Germany before Japan started war.

Finally, most of the wars that you have mentioned above seem to be from greed an had nothing to do with America. The gulf wars shouldn't have concerned America since it was a Middle East problem. If America was into helping out, then they should be backing up countries for real reasons not dumb ones like an evil dictator. You have an Evil dictator in N Korea, why dont you attack him?!

And most of the wars that America have contributed to, were to take land, to make trade relationships or others. E.g. the Korean War, if they needed help then they would have asked Asian Countrioes for support and not America since they are much closer.

I am not saying however that America has not done anything worth while to tell about. Yes, it did contribute to tonnes of tech in WW2 but it doesn't mean that it should stand out from other countries.

Many of the Asian countries have helped in computer tech and many of the middle east countries have developed many chemical and bio tech.

These have all shaped the way war goes about and how strong each country is.

My point in my messages was that America shouldn't be the only one who should be considered the toughest of us all because without its allies it wouldn't be here. Think about it, if the Europeans backed out and turned on the US there is no way they would win.

So the point i am trying to make is that, the US isn;t the strongest in the world. Statistics dont make up everything you know!

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffrey

The U.S is ranked #1 with obese people lol. As far as education goes, I can't see where that would be a weakness. Good job with the timeline WB.

If you didnt know people that come from other countries to US think thye US math is very low. If you know what I mean.

Out,
Russian

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Revenge,
Everytime you post you make some outrageous statement that just screams that you have no idea what you are talking about. I won't even touch the "just a few paratroopers" thing as I already covered it in another thread where you made the exact same statement. Now you say that South Korea should have asked for help from it's Asian neighbors when the North Koreans attacked? Which neighbors would this be? The communist Chinese? The Soviet Union? Or maybe the mighty Japanese? So the Koreans had to get help from the Americans who were soooo far away. All the way in Japan. Actually they went to the UN for help. Why doesn't the US attack N. Korea? Because it would make our very close allies, the S. Koreans, very upset. Seoul is within artillery range. Millions would die in the first few minutes.
Russian, I know the US is falling behind in primary education, but maybe we should look into the Australian educational system too. It appears they are letting some students fall through the cracks.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by revenge
Actually, we wouldn't be speaking German at all. Germany only had plans to take over Europe and not the whole world.

Well actually, i read somewhere that one of the reasons americans joined the war was a message that the british intercepted from the germans to the mexicans.
the message proposed an alliance between the tywo countries. they would jointly attack the USA, and mexico would be given back the territories USA conquered from them earlier. though the message was speculated to be made uyp by the british to get the US in to the war.. but who knows.
and hitler despised the USA since it was supposed to be completely under jew control. i for one dont have any doubts they wouldnt have attacked USA at some point if the war had gone differently. so who is to say hitler would have stopped there?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   
can i just say in ww1 it wasnt the nazis who tried to take over the world il give the benifit of the doubt but to use a well used phrase " a bad workman blames his tooles" and u cant blame the reason the US lost the war in vietnam on the m16a because that wasnt the only fault.
also the only reason u won the war against britian is because we didnt have and never will have a large army you outnumbred us
and also if i dont remember u didnt defeat iraq u just made it surrender under the COMBINED might of the UN i mean if u had defeated iraq sadam wouldnt of came back
and y are u saying all the wars america was involved in were won because america was in them u guys always steal the glory
also operation iraqi freadom we all know that the reason we went there wasnt to find WMD because have we found any????nope anyway do u even think iraq would attack britain or america i mean come on they may be mad but there not stupid
and the balklans last time i checked no 1 won no 1 lost no victorys, nil nil, draw
and u say the seals are the best then y are the royal marines at the same fitness and there are 6000 of them
also 1 other point is u got the warlord BUT at a bad cost and u may have got the warlord but another replaced him

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Finally, i have someone else who isn't as ignorant as you guys!lolz!

Also, thanks for raising up some more key issues.

Okay now back to WD, Soldier and all those who despise me.....

First of all, Korea had a range of asian allies to choose from. It could have used Malaysia, China who wasn;t communist at that time anymore, Taiwan, Indonesia OR even AUSTRALIA. Yes, Australia still had power at that time so dont worry about us mate!

Second of all, America has a very good reason to attack N. Korea. They have F.U.C.K.I.N.G proof that N Korea has Nukes and ballistics but you guys are so stupid that you attack Iraq! Is your country like friggen DUMB! Actually, it might be because of the poor education system you have.
Also, the whole world knows that you guys invaded Iraq for the oil, even though the UN denied that you go in. But the problem here is that unfortunately a very smart and powerful nation grew a really big head and decided to attack Iraq for oil.
Well, guess what. Your not getting any of it!LOLZ!
People are already burning the oil and pipelines so you dont get some.
So what this means is that the US has blown its money on a stupid war while it could have spent it on invading N Korea.

Thirdly, (this also proves that your education system is poor). Did you read what i wrote. I said that the number of paratroopers were minimal compared to the what each European country put in ( not sumed up all together). A 150000 is nuthing. Sure they might have sent in another 300000 because of Japan but that still is nuthing. Australia probably sent in more!LOLZ!
I thought that you said "Germany was as much a threat to the US as any other European Nation" so why didn;t they send in any more reinforcements. The Brits had Japan aswell Germany and so did Australia and Russia.
The reason why is because the US got the other countries to do the dirty work for them!

Forthly, (another flaw in your education system) do they teach you Geography in the US. Seoul is at least 30KM from the N Korean border. The US would just need to bomb the capitals and thats it. Then they'd invade by passing the border. There is no way artillery can kill the S Koreans from that distance ( maybe they could since they didn't educate you with the poor education ofver then and all!LOLZ!). Therefore there are no excuses about that and its settled. America is just stupid when deciding how to attack (because of its education system! LOLZ!) If you would like a map go here. This is supposed to be from the CIA but i dunno about the education there. The probably too dumb to map out Korea with all the sattellites and stuff!LOLZ!

www.cia.gov...

Geez man what an excuse! The education system! Good one man! LOLZ! I dont understand how America created the nuke without blowing itslef up!This time YOU got a new one ripped bro! LOLZ!

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Revenge not that this has anything to do with the discussion about SF, but artillery does exisit which could easily cover 30 km. 30 km is only about 18 miles. Also talking trash about the US isn't the best idea. Yeah, we got some problems, but who doesn't?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Okay

First of all i never said that other countries dont have any flaws. All of do, well they should, but i have to point it out to others who i am trying to explain to.

Secondly, I am pretty sure that America does have artillery much smaller than a 30Km range so they can hit N korea. Also, they wouldn't have to bomb the border, they can just bomb military bases and key areas. The border can be taken by land forces.

Also, thank you for not lashing out. You are probably the first American who hasn't done that yet, and you are the one who is fighting the war. It seems very odd. Hmmmmmmmmmm................

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Yeah no problem on the lashing out thing. Being over here puts me into a "zen" state sometimes. I just don't feel like going off on people anymore. Not that you deserved it though. You were making valid points. On the subject though, I think the only reason we probably wouldn't bomb them is the fear of SAMs or other aircraft defenses. Hell, I could be wrong though.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Revenge,
Keep posting about things you know nothing about. First of all, read a history book. Just to be sure, get one written by an Australian, then you will have no room to argue. North Korea attacked South Korea on 25 June 1950. 1 October 1949 the founding of the People's Republic of China. Aside from this, China was still recovering from the devastation of long years of Japanese occupation. Tiawan didn't even exist as a true country then. The Koumintang had just been chased there by Mao's communist forces and they were still establishing a real nation. Hence China's claim that Taiwan is a rebel province. Malaysia??? Indonesia??? Both were recovering from Japanese occupation. And as for Australia, and here is where your knowledge of history comes in, Australia WAS helping S Korea!! They sent in 77 Squadron of the RAAF and 3rd Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment. IT WAS A UNITED NATIONS ACTION!!!! The US just happened to supply most of the forces for this war because they were capable of doing it. Europe was rebuilding(with money from the US), Asia was in shambles after Japanese occupation, and USSR was supporting N. Korea. If you ever get a chance to go to Seoul, I recommend you check out the Korean War Museum. It's right next door to Yongsan Army Garrison. As you go in, the names of the soldiers who died in the war are engraved on the wall. Under the Australian section you will see some names there. Australia WAS in that war.

N. Korea can destroy Seoul in a matter of minutes. N. Korean artillery CAN reach Seoul. Here's a link for you.

And finally, the issue of the US forces in Europe in WWII. 500,000 US troops and 55,000 British troops fought 600,000 German troops in the Battle of the Bulge. 500,000 is hardly insignificant. The US also rebuilt all of Europe and Japan. The US also held off the USSR while Europe rebuilt.

I'm sorry I had to give you a history lesson, but you keep making some stupid statements.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Nobody like to admit that their chestnuts were pulled out of the fire by someone else, especially if that someone is bigger and stronger than you.

Revenge probably doesn't even realize that he may be speaking both English and Japanese right now if it weren't for the fat and stupid Americans..........

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I love it how these topics come down to America V the world.

1st of all id like to know how you can compare The S.E.A.L's to the SBS or SAS? How can they even be in the same league as the SAS or SBS or any other SF in the world for that matter. Im not an expert on this bollocks never been in the milatry but i do know that anyone can go along & sigh up for the seals. Ya gotta be damn fit & have the right body & mind for it but it is a regiment that anyone can go for.

Now the SAS & SBS on the other hand you first of all have to be in a regiment in the British army then if you are good enough you can apply to join. Only 'the best of the best' (sorry for the americanism) get in, the seals its the best of whoever applied to join on that day.

if you are gonna compare seals to anybody in the british army then its got to be the royal marine commandos & i know who id rather have fighting for me but i am very biast.

As for US being the most powerfull nation on earth ud have to be a idiot not to say they aint up there i wouldnt like to bet the outcome of US v China but i know that england isnt the power we like to think we are hell we used to be as cocky as the US are now & look were it got us we are a country run by old men sitting on comfy chairs acting like school kids.

When England ruled we got respect.People hated us but we got respect we looked after are own took rich's from all over the world dimonds,saltpeter etc & we would of took the oil to if we had of know what it was back then. Thats how i see the US you gotta respect the fact that they look after number one (just like we used to) but you dont have to like um.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Okay,

Thanks for pointing that out to me soldier!
i didn't really know about the Korean war. I am usually better at the middle eastern stuff. Anyway, this just means that the US has won less wars in what WD said that it won.

However, i really appreciate the fact that you hammered with all this stuff, maybe i will do better in school now!LOLZ!

Anyway, i never mentioned that N korea artillery couldn't reach S Korea. I said that the US artillery CAN but DOESN'T HAVE TO reach S Korea. I am pretty sure that the US could make artillery that has a distance of about 1 KM. What i was talking about when i posted this was in reply with WD's answer to why they couldn't attack N Korea. He said that the US artillery will get S Koreans.

Seriously, you have to admit that that is bulls.h.i.t. I am pretty sure the US aint that stupid to bomb its allies with artillery. Anyway, i said that they should get the key points first and the miliatry bases and then they can invade through the border.

Thx aswell to medic.

However all of you people must understand that one day Ameica will fall just like Britain did and just like Rome. It may not be from an opposing nation, it could even be from within. They may even have another wall street crash but even worse now and then the Japanese economy will be the strongest (maybe).

Anyway, what i can say that is good about America is the food.

Man i wish someone told me those 11 secret herbs and spices or how they make those burgers!

mmmmmmmmmmmmm......burgers........

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Revenge,
You are right, the US never won the Korean War. The war ended with the signing of an armistice 50 years ago last year. Technically, the United States and South Korea are still at war with North Korea. Only a halt to hostilities was called. None of this really has anything to do with special forces although I heard from some Green Beret's that the ROK SF are some real badasses. And they would know because they trained with them. Also N. Korean SF are supposed to be really sneaky bastards. Lots of missions across the border into S. Korea, and pre-war invasion plans involving N Korean SF insertions for general pre-attack mayhem.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join