It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Forces Convo : Originally Called 'For all those people who think the American Special Force

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What do you mean prove that we sent soldiers into Iraq to die for you? 50+ British dead since the war began. They died in Iraq. Therefore we sent soldiers to die for you?

I know Britian was for the League Of Nations. It was a good idea. The fatal flaw, as is being taught in history lessons, is that America didnt join it.

We signed a non-aggression pact because our army was in no state to fight the Nazis. It was appeasment so we could build up our army.

Find me proof of some sort, news article, etc, that shows a LUCRATIVE contract being given to a non-American company.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha
What do you mean prove that we sent soldiers into Iraq to die for you? 50+ British dead since the war began. They died in Iraq. Therefore we sent soldiers to die for you?

Did we order them to die? No, they died for the same reason that over 500 Americans have died, to once again rid the world of a corrupt and brutal leader.

I know Britian was for the League Of Nations. It was a good idea. The fatal flaw, as is being taught in history lessons, is that America didnt join it.

Since we already established that you are basically a kid, I will not waste time to educate you further. Someday when you grow up and take some college level courses, you will find that you missed out on a few things.

We signed a non-aggression pact because our army was in no state to fight the Nazis. It was appeasment so we could build up our army.

No, it was made in the hope that Hitler would not attack to the west any further.

Find me proof of some sort, news article, etc, that shows a LUCRATIVE contract being given to a non-American company.

Define lucrative. If you go to any major news source you will see that the big contracts have gone to the big companies that can acutally carry out the contract. For the most part this has been to America, since we have the industrial capability to do it. Just today I was reading about England getting a pretty good communications contract for Iraq.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

When have you ever bailed us? ***well WW1 WW2 Falklands Islands***
Iraq, we came to help you fight the war.***Your our Beootch (kidding )***
We backed you in the U.N. Security Council. ***so***
You dont even give us any contracts to help develop British industry in Iraq.*** maybe you should read more***
Falklands, thanks for helping there.
Give me THREE instances when you have bailed us out.
Who said I saw it on the television? These are confirmed sources from inside the MoD writing in papers, etc. ***Like????***
I also happen to know people who are current/ex-SAS and served in Iraq.
I also happen to know an mi5 person who knows a heck of a lot about this sort of area.

So begone and learn something, moron.

Edit:
Did Spec Ops help to find Scuds? go find some info about it if they did. Otherwise shut up?

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by browha]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
my grandpa is a retired SEAL infantry. he said that they have to run at least 5 miles before they can start training...well that was like 20 years ago

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
5 Miles is the standard British infantry requirement.

SAS is 12 mile run, 75 km walk/run in 20ish hours

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
BUD/S is like doing that every day browha.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Marine Corps Readiness Exercise 26+ mile forced march with full TO gear(including weights for ammo etc) to be done in less than 8 hours. Then as soon as you finish you start a 96 hour "war" that includes live fire and war games (but very little sleep)

My TO load circa 1986: Field uniform, cover, boots, web gear (2 saw ammo pouches 2 canteens butt pack 1st aid kit) Kevlar vest and helmet Alice pack (large winter pack) Dragon missile night tracker, 5 air bottles for the tracker, 5 batteries for the tracker (batteries bottles and tracker were in the pack with 2 more sets of cammies, 4 pairs of socks, 2 pair of underwear, 2 t shirts, a sewing kit, cover poncho, poncho liner, sleeping bag and mat) 1 Dragon missile (weighted trainer) 1SAW spare barrel bag and cleaning kit. 185lbs

So it was like running a marathon with a corpse over your shoulders

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
You wanna try climb 75 km of the Brecon Beacons in full combat + 100 something lbs on your back?
They spend a month pretty much doing this endurance solid. By the time you get to the final step you are too tired to take much of a step.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
As opposed to going five days on, maybe, four hours of sleep total?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
A month where you go several days without sleep at a time, constantly hiking with 3-8 stone bergens, climbing extremely dangerous mountains....
How about this, if you think it is so easy, put in a request to try out for British SAS Selection. Then tell me what you think. I hear the summer selection course is easier than the Janurary selection course.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

A month where you go several days without sleep at a time, constantly hiking with 3-8 stone bergens, climbing extremely dangerous mountains....
How about this, if you think it is so easy, put in a request to try out for British SAS Selection. Then tell me what you think. I hear the summer selection course is easier than the Janurary selection course.

Will you join me?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I dont have 3 years required military service.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I dont have 3 years required military service.

How many do you have, if any?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
None. Nor do I have much inclination to join the Armed forces. It would be, in the opinion of my teachers, a waste of potential.
I've just ordered the Orr Kelly book. I hope you order the Duncan Falconer book. If you cant find it, send me money via Paypal and I'll post you the book.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Send me some money too!

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   

None. Nor do I have much inclination to join the Armed forces. It would be, in the opinion of my teachers, a waste of potential.

What do your teachers know that we don't?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Well, when you go to a school like the one I do, joining the army is generally seen as wasted potential. We've produced some very famous and crucial people in history... I dont particularly want to go into specifics... Let's keep this anonymous, or at the very least between you and me over U2Us or something.

edit: Do you want the Duncan falconer book?> I've obliged you by picking up a Orr Kelly book.

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by browha]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Well, when you go to a school like the one I do, joining the army is generally seen as wasted potential. We've produced some very famous and crucial people in history... I dont particularly want to go into specifics... Let's keep this anonymous, or at the very least between you and me over U2Us or something.

They say the same thing over here. I could have gone onto a nice cushy job where I would be earning double, if not triple, what I get now. Fortunately there are people who are willing to place their lives on the line to defend their country and way of life. I am proud to be one of those people.

edit: Do you want the Duncan falconer book?> I've obliged you by picking up a Orr Kelly book.

No I don't want it. I have already read several books on the SAS and SBS. I find that English writing is much more dry and boring that ours.

BTW the Orr Kelly set is a three volume history of the Teams.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Shame, Duncan Falconer details SBS selection very well, I am sure you would be impressed with it either way. Perhaps you will let me type up a summary of it for you.

Edit: I never said I wasnt willing to spend my life defending the country, I just think there are better ways for me to do it. Someone in this school wants to be Prime Minister, others want to be head figures of British industry. .

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Edit: I never said I wasnt willing to spend my life defending the country, I just think there are better ways for me to do it. Someone in this school wants to be Prime Minister, others want to be head figures of British industry. .

If you were willing, you would actually admit to having some interest in it. You are admitting that military life is not for you, yet all you seem to do is read about it. Weird

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join