It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Blackout Ordered As UK Begins Mass Burials

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Fang

After reading that post, I have decided to marry fang.

In future, we should be careful of "cranks with computers".

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Alas, already spoken for. Perhaps I was a bit crabby but I've had a bad day. I spent the best part of the morning with a VAT inspector who I'm sure was a shape shifting reptilian.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
well i know about 20 people who have been floored by this, all have recovered.
im in edinburgh, scotlands capital, and i can asure everyone this isnt as bad.

i am not also aware of ANY deaths from this.
dare say a few people have been admitted to hospital etc.

this thread, as like many here, is a "lets panic" thread.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Having read about all those nasty bugs being spread about, mainly due to thoughtless people who can't bother to thoroughly wash the fecal matter and vomit off their nasty hands before they touch something else, I'm now of a mind to earnestly and forthwith scrub my computer keyboard clean, simply to reassure my filth-phobic mind that nothing untoward has managed to slither through my internet connection pipeline to seize and ruin my day.

Is that yet, more than a one line post?

Sorcha Faal!!!???

[edit on 11-1-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
IT'S TRUE!!!! here in the UK there ARE mass burials cos 1000's are 'feeling a bit unwell'

In other new:
Chainsaws are being handed out to 12 year olds with minimal instruction in an attempt to cut down on the numbers of 12 year olds.

Zoo animals are being allowed day release, given a return bus ticket so long as they promise to be back for tea.

Smoking is good for you - but only if you are suspended from your ankles above a pit of chainsaw wielding 12 year olds.

EVERY THING IN THE INTERNET IS THE GODS HONEST TRUTH - NOTHING IS EVER EXAGGERATED.

I've drunk 3/4's a bottle of Irish whiskey (thank firefox for the spellchecker)

/sarcasm off..... Where am I?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
One of my sources has looked it.

Word is, it's a hoax by some fundamental Christians who thinks this a sign that Jesus is coming.

And, my political contacts at Westminster said there is "no truth in the story at all". Backed my comments on the government having to disclose this by law.

Only crank sites are covering this, most forums are laughing at the story.

In other words, case solved.

Indeed, and I'll tell you something else strange... The story gave me the #s from all the way over there. And I'm in Australia.

So is there a normal thread on Norovirus?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

I thought anything by Sorcha Faal was a known provenance pseudonymic hoax. I've seen that referenced elsewhere anyway on ATS. Kind of like certain articles in the WEEKLY WORLD NEWS about Batboy, a certain jolly inattention to really fooling people correctly...tongue in cheek, can you top this...type thing

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Other UK ATS members and I have had this viruses.

Guess what? We are still posting....

btw, as far as I am aware, the Official Secrets Act does not cover media black outs. It takes a court order...again, research guys

[edit on 11-1-2008 by infinite]

Whilst I agree with you, this story is indeed completely inaccurate. OSA can cover & enforce (within reason) media black outs with D-Notices.

Read more here:

www.dnotice.org.uk...

DA-Notices are issued by the Defence, Press and Broadcasting Advisory Committee (DPBAC), an advisory body composed of senior civil servants and editors from national and regional newspapers, periodicals, news agencies, television and radio. It operates on the shared belief that there is a continuing need for a system of guidance and advice such as the DA-Notice System, and that a voluntary, advisory basis is best for such a system.

But as for one of these notices being issued for the Novovirus, is beyond preposterous, so I do agree with you.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by timb3r]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
On other news, this morning I saw that there are an estimated 3,000,000 people with the bug virus thingy bob. I hope I dont get it! I hate being ill!

On a positive note after a few times being VERY sick and having severe cold and sour throat (thats worse than sick, because its impossible to sleep with that throat!) all at the same time, it really makes me feel happy about how I feel right now, healthy! I appreciate that.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

One of my sources has looked it.

Word is, it's a hoax by some fundamental Christians who thinks this a sign that Jesus is coming.

Having had this virus two weeks ago I can tell you that when you are Sat in the bathroom Sh****ng and vommiting at the same time, you really do wish that Jesus would hurry up and come :-)

Oh and to qoute Monty Python "I am not dead yet"

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by timb3r

The problem with D Notices is that they always required a high degree of co-operation from Journalists and Broadcasters. In the 50's and 60's this was rarely a problem as it normally entailed one public school, Oxbridge educated, former Army/NavyOfficer working for the Secret Services, speaking to a Newspaper Editor or TV Executive from a similar background. That's no longer the case. More significantly there are now so many means by which information is disseminated, that D Notices are vitually redundant. Even the Official Secrets Act is regularly ignored by Civil Servants who place the 'Public Interest' over there obligations to the act.

[edit on 07/21/06 by Fang]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
just to drive a final nail in this stories coffin < pun >

3000 dead ?? sounds alot - but it is no where near the threshold for any sort of emergency measure , leat alone " mass graves "

throughout the UK there are on average > 1000 deaths every single day

[ regional / seasonal variations ignored ]

even IF there was an acute pandemic of 3000 extra moralities - the current civilian mortuary / funeral system would absorbe it

and if the system became swamped - there are provisions to use military hospitals / personel and temporary cold storage

+3000 dead , even if true is well within the national capacity to process burials / cremations

thats just the errors in the logistics of the story

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Just to add my two penneth in here.

The Sorcha Faal story is a complete and utter over sensationalised crock of crap.

In fact, its downright offensive to the intelligence of the people that live in the UK and I have written to the site owner telling them so.

I highly doubt that will stop other such rubbish from being posted though.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
were i live they shut 2 hospitals down due to this virus, i think they have re opened now but it must of been quite serious to shut 2 hospitals were i live down for a few days.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
i got this virus back in November, nasty little bugger.

i would wake up in the middle of the night with terrible pains at the top of my stomach then have to go and barf.

There is no way i could have taken time of work at the time and it was quite funny going into work and just barfing on the office floor.
This was before it had gone national , otherwise i think they would have confined me to a separate office lol.

It lasted about 4-5 days.

I think its the elderly that are suffering with this the most cos i just got on with things.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Amen brother

In today's Daily Telegraph it does discuss this topic, with 2 million effected so it proves there is no black out if the paper is publishing it.

I can confirm the government is worried about it reaching epidemic levels, but there are NO large cases of death from this bug. (Westminster sources)

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Faal Out

Whenever confronted by tales such as these, it is always wise to consider the source.

In the case of "Sorcha Faal", I suggest perusing the following thread:

Sorcha Faal... Internet Hoax Queen Courtesy of David Booth...

The only mass burial in this story is of whatever shreds of credibility David Booth/Sorcha Faal may have had left.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Days ago there was in fact a thread on people vomiting- members of ATS.
You might want to look at it.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

LOL !

A few years back I woke up and felt not quite well, I went to the toilet to urinate and felt sick. My stomach squeezed violently and I vomited bile (lining of the stomach). I shouted my mum and told her I felt like I was about to faint (which I did) she caught me just in time and carried me to the couch in the livingroom.

As I lay on the couch I felt VERY tired, and tried to close my eyes to get some sleep at which point my mum started to cry as I think she thought I may be dying. I was rushed to hospital with my mum in my uncles car. I vomited onto my chest as soon as the nurses put me onto a bed in the reception area. I was wheeled to a ward and had some tests done (blood pressure etc) I asked my mum if I could go to sleep while it was being checked, at that point I fainted again. I found out later I had gastroenteritis.

I got a week off of school to recover

As for mass burials. When was this site wrote ? During the Plague ??

I highly doubt there would be mass burials, the relatives of those victims would cry out for the bodies to be buried individually in places the relatives could visit.

Norovirus aka Winter Vomiting Bug. Not life threatening.

link - www.hpa.org.uk...

Sorry I don't know how to link to it just copy n paste please

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
don`t more people die from seasonal flu?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join