It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Blackout Ordered As UK Begins Mass Burials

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Media Blackout Ordered As UK Begins Mass Burials

www.fourwinds10.com

Disturbing reports from Britain today are showing that their government has invoked their dreaded Official Secrets Act as a mysterious pandemic sweeps their Nation leaving an, estimated, 3,000 people dead and leaving ‘no choice’ for British Health Officials but to begin mass burials.

British media sources are reporting on this pandemic as being due to a virus, and as we can read as reported by Guardian News Service in their report titled "Vomiting bug to get worse", and which says: ....

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cbsnews.com

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This is the first time I've even heard that there was some sort of virus was going around the UK and killing so many people!

I'm not tooo sure about this news source, but.... I still thought it was worth posting, maybe this can be layed to rest by people in the UK who might know if this is actually happening or not.

If it is true, I'm surprised there isn't more coverage, but then again, the government has oredered a media blackout!

www.fourwinds10.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Found this on the CBS link

Hard-Hitting Stomach Bug Spreading

Norovirus can make a person very uncomfortable. Symptoms include vomiting and diarrhea, and commonly last for two or three days.

It's estimated that, in a typical year in the United States, 23 million people are infected, some 50,000 of them are hospitalized, and 300 die.

The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and state health authorities don't keep detailed statistics on norovirus, but a CDC epidemiologist tells Dr. Senay the number of informal inquiries he's received suggests there's increased activity this year in locations across the country.

Norovirus tends to cause large amounts of illness in areas where people are somewhat confined. Once the virus settles into a nursing home, say, or a hospital, it can be hard to get rid of.

So, apparently authorities are noticing an increase of cases, but is the report from the UK true?

And here's another article from The Guardian
Vomiting Bug to Get Worse

Infections from the debilitating norovirus stomach bug will peak this week as millions return to work after the holidays and spread the germs, the government has warned. People are advised to protect themselves by washing their hands thoroughly at all times.

The virus, which was responsible for closing more than 100 hospital wards last week, can also be guarded against by disinfecting bathrooms and washing cups and dishes properly.

Now this article was dated January the 6th, and it's now the 11th! So it was suppose to peak today.

[edit on 11/1/08 by Keyhole]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
There are NO mass burials, the source is dubious as to the extent, and nowhere in the article does it say anything about 300 dead in the UK and mass burials. Mass burials are always a part of any extensive planning for disasters, and to bring up some paragraph that has ZERO to do with this virus is nothing but sensationalism.

This thread will soon be exposed as inaccurate as to the title: NO mass burials are taking place, people are not dropping like flies, and more sensational news from the people with an agenda.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The government has not ordered a black out, you would know if they did because the media would be told to stop printing stories about it (which are still appearing)

I'd think someone would notice mass burials, the government would have to tell the public by law and it would have evoked the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 (again, by law) to get the power to do such a thing.

It would have required a state of emergency. Declared in Parliament to 600 MP's. Plus an audience in the gallery, transmitted live on BBC Parliament Channel on Sky channel 504.

You have to be an idiot to think such a measure would be secret.

My advice, if you believe this story then stop using a computer and spend rest of your life in a bunker cause you are too paranoid.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by infinite]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The article is extremely sensationalist and of quite dubious provenance, but the fact remains that so-called "superbugs"--strep/ viral infections that often cause death in extremely ill or aged patients--is a major concern of UK hospitals and a rapidly growing one at that.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Other UK ATS members and I have had this viruses.

Guess what? We are still posting....

btw, as far as I am aware, the Official Secrets Act does not cover media black outs. It takes a court order...again, research guys

[edit on 11-1-2008 by infinite]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I love the intensity with which the article describes the absolute terror sweeping the UK of bubonic proportions.

Then sort of says the norovirus is like the flu and some old people will die and maybe some kids due to dehydration from the vomiting and loose stool.

I'm going to put a citizens quarantine on the next guy in my office who coughs.

But then these guys are obviously incredibly special. Having made it through the "media blackout" to get the news out and all.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
One of my sources has looked it.

Word is, it's a hoax by some fundamental Christians who thinks this a sign that Jesus is coming.

And, my political contacts at Westminster said there is "no truth in the story at all". Backed my comments on the government having to disclose this by law.

Only crank sites are covering this, most forums are laughing at the story.

In other words, case solved.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I don't know if I have the flu or the norovirus.

Pretty sure it's the flu, because it's lasted more than 3 days - and yes, it's pretty bad, I've spent most of the last 3 days in bed.

I know that some hospital wards have closed because of the norovirus, or the winter vomiting bug as it's also been called, but that's it.

Mass graves and 3,000 dead?
Don't think so - this is a hoax/sensationalist story with no foundation in truth.

When there is any sort of bad virus, including the flu, there are always deaths amongst the vulnerable - old people, those with respiratory conditions, heart conditions and the very young.

But this story is, in short, a crock.

There HAS been an outbreak of H5N1 in dorset amongst mute swans, but apparently it's under control.

edit to add - this got flagged and starred?? what on earth is going on???

[edit on 11/1/2008 by budski]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Seems a little too convenient that UK members suddenly turn up in the thread claiming to have had the virus but survived. How do we know it's really you and not some MI-5 spook spreading disinfo while your bodies are being doused in fuel oil and burned en-masse?

What's your mother's maiden name?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
edit to add - this got flagged and starred?? what on earth is going on???

Well,
Some members are abit too paranoid.

Not even Icke is covering this, so if HE thinks it's nutcase story then it is (even though he does come up with some crazy stuff)

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
My mothers surname is bush, first initial B. and there is plentaaaayy of evidence for this in the latest NIE report I saw.

No, wait a minute, there isn't.

No hang on, there is

erm.

DAD - what does this NIE say?

[edit on 11/1/2008 by budski]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

AHA...!

I thought so!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Thanks to all the ATSers in the UK for clearing this up!

I wasn't very confident in the source as I stated in the first post, but if there had been some sort of media blackout ....

Plus the fact that the virus was making its rounds and was suppose to reach its peak today ...

Glad this was a false flag and nothing as serious as that first article made it out to be!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
and nowhere in the article does it say anything about 300 dead in the UK and mass burials.

Yes it does, in the quote from the first article that started this thread! It actually says 3000.

and to bring up some paragraph that has ZERO to do with this virus is nothing but sensationalism.

What paragraph has nothing to do with this virus? Every article I quoted is about the norovirus! Have you even read any of the articles?

And yes, I did research a little on it as you can see by my THIRD post. But not many things were coming up to confirm or deny this.

This is, undoubtedly now an article that is false, I've been posting here on ATS for quite a while now and I think most members know I don't intentionally post news from a source with a bad reputation. But after I read this article and did a little research and came up with nothing to confirm or deny the report, I figured the best and fastest way to find an answer was to post it here because I knew our members in the UK could confirm or debunk this article.

I didn't post this here KNOWING it was a false news story, I posted this here hoping it was and knowing our friends in the UK would put it to rest, hopefully.

Just glad to hear the story isn't true!

[edit on 11/1/08 by Keyhole]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
well there is this norovirus running around, as far as i am aware there are no mass burials. what does seem a little odd is that it seems to be running around pensioner nursing homes more than anywhwere else. before you say..yes but the old are weaker, so are the young.
there always seems to be something breaking out in britain lately.
as to needing court orders to suppress the press....i don't think so..there is no difference between the law courts and the government.

where has my partner gone....who are those two guys?........

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by monoton

Here is some info from an article as to answer your question "why it seems to be running around pensioner nursing homes more than anywhwere else".

Hard-Hitting Stomach Bug Spreading

Norovirus tends to cause large amounts of illness in areas where people are somewhat confined. Once the virus settles into a nursing home, say, or a hospital, it can be hard to get rid of.

When illness sweeps through a cruise ship, norovirus may well be the cause.

And, Dr. Senay points out, that makes sense: In all of those places, people who get sick have no place else to go, so they can easily infect others.

Food is a major source of norovirus transmission, she continues. If someone preparing food is infected, then people eating that food can get sick. It can also spread if surfaces on which food is prepared contain the virus. Sharing food or utensils with an infected person can lead to illness. So can eating foods that aren't cooked well enough, or raw fruits and vegetables that aren't thoroughly washed.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
shooping malls and schools are invariably more 'packed' than nursing homes. so are cinemas and holiday resorts.............

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I really am very, very worried. Not by a 36 hour virus that makes you puke and gives you the #s. Or the virus that preceded it that that gave you aches and a temperature or the virus that gave you a cough and a sore throat ( we're big on virus's in the Uk at this time of the year). What scares the life out of me is that in an era of e-mails, blogs, web based forums, Radio and TV in all it's forms, International travel, the press and god knows what else, a half baked, half witted, unsubstantiated quasi conspiracy theory of story like this, should get a toe hold in some peoples mind and result in some of the paranoid nonsense that's posted on this thread. 'Deny Ignorance?' some people seem to positively enjoy wallowing in it.

[edit on 07/21/06 by Fang]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join