It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Blackout Ordered As UK Begins Mass Burials

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DogHead
So is there a normal thread on Norovirus?

There was a rash of norovirus out last winter around the globe and I posted a thread which had some info on the subject:

Norovirus Cases on the Rise + Prevention Tips

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
don`t more people die from seasonal flu?

Yes, you gotta keep healthy man, thats how you stay alive.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Norovirus, don't make me laugh.

It went around my campus last year and made a bunch of us feel like we had a bad flu + bad times in the bathroom. Less than a week later people felt better.

The fear, the anxiety, the...vomit?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Norovirus, isn't that the virus they are having problems with on Cruise Ships? A friend of mine just recently came back from a cruise and he said the orientation video for the cruise went on and on about it. I don't remember exactly what he said but he mentioned something about it having a special protein coat or something that sounded a little creepier than the normal flu bug, anybody know more about it?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Why has this not been re labelled as a HOAX

it is a HOAX !!!!!

snoopyuk

(currently in the UK)

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
^^What is a hoax? I knew 2 people who are dead from this. Is that a hoax too?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I know plenty of posters have already debunked the "3000" dead article but I spoke to a friend who lives on Canby Island and she said the "vomiting bug" was pretty bad this year, and it appeared more people were sick than not. She said even some of the shops were closed because so many people were sick. However, she didn't mention that anyone had died and I didn't mention the article because there's no point in freaking her out over something that can't be confirmed. She's the type that would rather not know.

I'm waiting to hear back from a friend in Durham to see how things are around the university.

Another interesting note in the article was what the Russians thought about the entire situation. They're leaning more towards the H5N1 Virus...can't find anything confirming that article either.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Yes, people have died but nothing of the scale the hoax article is referring to.

This thread has been so debunked that there is nothing left of it to discuss.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I had this virus when I was eight years old, and I didn't go to the hospital. Guess what? I'm alive and posting ( Although when I had it it felt like someone set off a bomb in my stomach.) This is such a ludicrous story.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Yes, people have died but nothing of the scale the hoax article is referring to.

This thread has been so debunked that there is nothing left of it to discuss.

ok , so i repeat my question , Why has this been left as it is , it is on the front page of this site, and it clearly does NOT say hoax or anything....very misleading..

snoopyuk

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk
ok , so i repeat my question , Why has this been left as it is , it is on the front page of this site, and it clearly does NOT say hoax or anything....very misleading..

snoopyuk

A supermod has been in this thread and called "hoax", what more do you want? If its upsetting you this much ask the staff to add HOAX to the title..

Just because it's on the front of ATS does not make it suddenly true *slaps head*

How many more UK members need to debunk this? Go on the Telegraph websites and you'll clearly see the story, so no media black out

[edit on 12-1-2008 by infinite]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
i'm studying at Plymouth, UK uni and the only thing i heard about the virus was an article on University portal :

·SYMPTOMS: Sudden onset of nausea followed by vomiting and diarrhoea.

Some individuals may have headaches, raised temperature and aches and pains.

Most people make a full recovery within 48 hours.

·WHAT TO DO: Practice good hygiene with hand washing especially after using the toilet and before preparing food.

Try to avoid direct contact with other people for 48 hours after your symptoms have stopped.

There is no treatment for this illness. It is however important that you drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.

Avoid preparing food for others until 3 days after the end of symptoms.

Avoid attending lectures for 48 hours after the end of your symptoms.

The health authorities urge patients not to contact their GP but to follow guidance via NHS direct: www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk..., or by

contacting them on 0845 4647 for advice.

what part of UK got sick most ?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
The article is extremely sensationalist and of quite dubious provenance, but the fact remains that so-called "superbugs"--strep/ viral infections that often cause death in extremely ill or aged patients--is a major concern of UK hospitals and a rapidly growing one at that.

The article tries to promote fear. Also the modern use of of the term superbugs is sensationalist. Bugs live on organisms and sometimes get stronger when treated with medicine badly (like not finishing a prescribed treatment). Some are difficult to treat with medicine after years, but...

Just maintain your health. Live healthy, practice energy structuring arts like Chi Kung, Tai Chi, and others and exercise. Don't depleat yourself of energy, sleep enough, sit in the sun or daylight for a while every day and you won't get ill. Since I live according to these rules, no bug survived me. For years now. It is really surprising when nearly everybody around you gets sick every flee-episode or coldspell and you yourself are not getting sick. An average human being has a capacity to cope with "bug"-attacks and other diseases.
We are not talking about real stuff, like cancer or AIDS here.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by Pjotr]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well, I haven't seen any mass graves recently. I'm sure some vulnerable people have died from the norovirus (the elderly, the very young etc.) but 99.9% of people seem to recover within a few days. Thankfully I haven't had it myself, but I caught a nasty cold when I was in London a couple of weeks ago... I even sniffled whilst walking down Whitehall and I haven't been buried yet!

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Oh my GOD, what rubbish.

I live in the UK, there is no such virus killing anyone. True, there has been a nasty bug going around which makes you sick for 48 hours but its not killing anyone.

sorry, but i wouldnt trust that news source .....

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I work for a NHS contractor in the UK

strangely just before Christmas we got an urgent fax advising us to tell potenitally ill people NOT to go to hospitals etc - just to stay at home and let the virus pass.

Never seen that before - but have seen a lot of paranoid letters/emails and faxes re avian flu. I think they thought that the avian flu was going to be massive, but luckily didn't.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 281011

Most likely because they didn't want hundreds of thousands of people turning up at hospitals with this bug that they can do nothing about and causing huge amounts of disruption for people who really need the attention of doctors and nurses.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
wellproof you dont always believe what you rerad. there is a bug going about that seems to be easily picked up. it gives you the #s and makes you throw up. NO ONE HAS DIED THERE ARE NO MASS BURIALS!

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
lol

gives you the 5h1t5 ! lol

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if this story was true. The U.K. is a total NWO police state and getting worse everyday. England is messed Rothschilds live there the house of windsor is based there its bad news for the average joe.

I mean just today the telegraph had an article about how Gordon Brown thinks organs should be harvested from dead patients without consent. That right he says when your dead the organs are property of the homeland.

Organs to be taken without consent in U.K.

Sick!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join