It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: `Iran Is a Threat to World Peace'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
isn't conspiracy used very often as a word to discourage people from doing some critical thought on a subject that is full of corruption, or at least keep people discouraged from looking into answers that the provider (of the answers) doesn't want questioned.

kind of like a go back to your bubble besides you feel better word.

anyway sometimes i wonder with all the corruption just how delicate the current balance of order here in the united states is, and how much longer we can continue to pray on other nations to maintain our relatively high standard of living (minus the shrinking middle class) before the "peace" in this country erodes.

perhaps if we were not the big bullies in the world, then russia or china would be and we would be the one's doing the slave labor over the last decade? perhaps bush and co are just pawns for the elite globalists and when the u.s is done dancing around and doing their dirty work, china will be handed the role of head puppet.

either way world peace is a fairy tale passed around that puts the tooth fairy to shame, especially as long as war is profitable nd plutocracy so determined. I am just thankful to be in the united states while I'm on this crazy ride called life.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
So either:

1. The President (like many others) shamelessly does not know this.

2. This Administration knows this but feigns ignorance so that the average uninformed citizen is legitimately as surprised as they pretend to be.

3. When the US built and supplied the Nuclear reactor to Iran in the 60's they assumed they were to be used to make radioactive oatmeal cookies and not to pursue an understanding of nuclear technology.

Actually all this talk of developing nuclear power for peaceful endeavors (such as alternative energy) vs. development of weapons all falls within the terms of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, of which both countries are a party; along with 187 other countries. It has been in effect for 39 years!

Supposedly the US is one of 5 out of the 189 who still have nuclear weapons while Iran's compliance with the treaty is only in the 3rd Pillar which grants the right to peacefully use nuclear energy.

And there is talk that the US is actively seeking to add a NEW nuclear armament to the arsenal in the very near future. Which is a violation of the 1st pillar which is NON-PROLIFERATION.

SO...it would seem that it is the Bush Administration who are in danger of violating the treaty...therefore attempting to divert attention away from that fact by accusing Iran of being dangerously close to violating the treaty by continuing activities which fall completely within the permissions of the treaty.

And Iran is not only being compliant with the treaty, they are doing so in the very same direction toward which the treaty was ideally created to direct ALL participants: to limit the spread of nuclear weapons.

NOW, if Bush and his crew don't feel that they can trust Iran's word regarding their compliance with the treaty...then perhaps the problem is best remedied by the US withdrawing! Which is surely not a smart move, for numerous reasons. Either for Bush himself or the US in general. And yet, why be bound by a treaty that increases suspicion rather than fostering trust and cooperation???

It doesn't add up! And don't kid yourselves....Bush is not as air-headed as he makes out to be. His 'disguise' has worked remarkably well for almost 8 years.

Furthermore, if Bush and crew are bold (read: foolish) enough to actually declare war on Iran based on the issues currently at hand...it would not only be a violation of the treaty on the part of the United States but would in all likelihood violate international law as a WAR CRIME.

Specifically, the Nuremberg Principles, as a Crime Against Peace:

(i) Planning, preparation, initiation or waging of a war of aggression or a war in violation of international treaties, agreements or assurances

And the mere fact of the Bush's persistent inability to take ANYONE at their word is a glaring indicator that there is rampant deceit within Bush's administration. Because either there is no ability to discern what is deceit due to the lack of having anything else to compare it to, or else they assume EVERYONE is lying because they make it a regular practice.

NEVER trust those who are consistently suspicious without good reason!
And, more often than not, it's a safe bet to trust someone who is 'gullible.'

[edit on 1/11/2008 by queenannie38]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by greysave
30 million people died in WW2.

Actually, it was more like double that amount! Somewhere between 56 and 72 million!

Horrible! :shk:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Our empire will be unable to conquer or significantly damage the Persians at this point (aside from nuclear weapons). they are way too fortified, are well aware of where all of our hardware is located and from what direction the attacks will come from. If you wanna see our planes fall out of the sky in significant numbers for the first time in about 70 years, by all means support a war with Iran. Even with satellites, their terrain makes it too difficult to circumvent their defenses and destroy their fortifications without losing many of our birds in the process.

Strangely enough, nearly all of Irans neighbors do not see them as threat seeing as they share many economic contracts and exceptional trade relations.

In fact it does not seem as Iran was any threat at all until our empire conquered two more states of which happened to be right on their borders. Of course we had to as we are beginning to lose our stranglehold on South America.

But we do not have to untie through conflict, why cannot we just join and expand the empire through peaceful means? Peaceful creates more jobs, significantly reduces destruction and human suffering, reduces ecological damage, increases standard of living and all that.

IMO, ideally, I believe the next President of the United States could make a huge impact on world peace if he/she simply goes on international broadcast, and apologizes for the attrocities publicly which we have contributed to for the pursuit of wealth, excess, and saturation since the last world war. Following that, the POTUS will then make a legally binding committment to right many of the wrongs, one state (of the empire) at a time.

It may very well set a precedant for others to follow suit. We are great at setting standards after all.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Everybody just plain sucks. There are no good guys on any side. As for any nation involveds leadership its just nothing but a never ending line of Manchurian candidates. None of these idiots represent the majority of said nation.

My rant power is pretty exhausted after the whole "fake" Straight of Hormuz incident so Ill just leave w/this...

Iran just wont fall, it will absoloutley crumble. As legendary reporter Seymour Hersch revealed...how many years ago?...that US Special Forces have been in Iran for a long time mapping the entire country for destruction.

So weve allready invaded Iran. I believe the report counted hundereds if not more Rambos overunning Iran from one end to the other. Iran has talked an awful lot of smack about how good their Revolutionary Guard is. So far weve waltzed right through them with impunity.

As Ive stated in other moral sapping posts, the RG will fight and fight hard. Then they will all be dead. The rest of the Iranian forces are quite competent and their officers just as professional as ours.

Hence, staring annihilation in the face the non RG heads are far more likely to have....*sigh* I cant stand having to type his too long name...Ahmendinejad and Khameni arrested.

Of course war is hell. No matter how dominant either side is. I expect the US to suffer a 10,000 plus body count in the first 30 days or less.

Of course Ive never been there. Have YOU? Um..If you have or if your of Iranian origin please elaborate...for some reason most of my friends are from Tehran. My boss is from Tehran. Its weird but they are awesome ppl.
Im to tired to racant the horror stories all of them tell me about the gvt there but suffice to say that the gvt there is the definition of a terror driven gvt. that rules through fear.

As Ive been told..and for now I tend to agree, there is a HUGE disconnect between the ppl and their gvt. They compare Iran to Britain as if Hitler had won.

Gasp.....cough...I....I ...uh..need to sleep...
post over...

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
show me west

rumsfeld was on the board when they sold the centrifuges to iran

wouldent that make rumsfeld just as guilty to world threat

[edit on 11-1-2008 by zerbot565]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Regardless of what anyone has said. There is absolutely no justification whatsoever for attacking Iran. Any attack on Iran by either Israel or American or anyone else will be seen as an act of terrorism, and there will be serious repercussions for anyone involved in such an attack. No one is above the law and that includes the Bush admin and those criminals that calls themselves the Israeli government.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by kindred]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   

4thDoctorWhoFan
It's about time Bush starts talking tough again. Now if he would just start acting tough again.

George Bush tough.
Please don't make me laugh. Even my Grandma with her zimmer frame, could put that moron in his place.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Put this to bed once and for all.
I've been finding the evidence for the REAL quote made by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - you won't find it in many western sources.
Even after the translated quote was corrected, they still found it too juicy to let go of.
I've had the translation verified by an Iranian friend of mine (via email), so here's the links for you;

www.antiwar.com...

democracyrising.us...

www.daytonpeacemuseum.org...

There's loads more, but I can't be bothered because I'm still sick.

Suffice to say that I'd believe many of these sources before I believed the western media who continued to publish the misquote even after it was corrected, whilst rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of another war to boost ratings/sales.

For those who doubt - you might try reading the entire pieces - or is this not something you want to do because of an agenda?
al jazeera is mentioned in the first piece as being one of those who reported the misquote - they have since corrected it, but I refuse to give any time to that piece of offal.
al jazeera also delighted in using the miswuote to stir up trouble for the region - this is in their interest, to sow as much dissent as possible.

I'm done with this.

[edit on 11/1/2008 by budski]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strapping Young Lad
Everybody just plain sucks. There are no good guys on any side.

We don't NEED 'good' guys!

What ARE 'good' guys, anyway?

WE NEED TRUTH.
Honesty.
Sincerity.
Humility.
Intelligence, common sense, and logic.

So that means all politicians are automatically disqualified.

But you know what I mean.
And those of us who can see this (and other situations) from BOTH sides without choosing sides based arbitrarily on politics or blind national allegiance must not give up speaking out about what we know is harmful not only to our own welfare but to the world's.

THIS IS SERIOUS. More serious, perhaps, than anything else that has ever threatened the American nation and it's IDEALS.

Other world leaders, and their people, SEE US, the average folk, as being NO DIFFERENT than our leaders. BUT WE KNOW that's not true. Yet that is the way it is - hypocrisy at the top shadows everything underneath, even integrity.

This is for real and it is OUR responsibility because don't forget HOW we got to this land/nation in the first place.

BY standing up for human rights. Our own and everyone else's, by extension.

Now where the heck is that darn antichrist and the peace we so desperately need?
I'm voting for him/her!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Its funny how I see people say the bad guys and the good guys to describe war.
Because a lot of the time it's never that simple. Its a very grey area, a very confusing world.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
Regardless of what anyone has said. There is absolutely no justification whatsoever for attacking Iran.

Okay, in your opinion and it's probably the minority position.

No one is above the law and that includes the Bush admin and those criminals that calls themselves the Israeli government.

A little bias against Israel are we?

[edit on 11-1-2008 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

A little bias against Israel are we?

[edit on 11-1-2008 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

Well they(Israeli Goverment) have killed children. I've seen them on TV, dead carried from rubble.
So I can see why he doesnt like the bad Israeli goverment.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Yeah I'm sure you know how I feel about him...

I dislike all politicians as they all lie to get reelected. Bush is no different.

'Bush lied, thousands died.' Simple as that.

Don't worry, I think people like Clinton, Romney, Giuliani, and all the other candidates are full of # too. Its not just your beloved Bushey. He's probably the lesser of the evils compared to todays 'choices.'

Back to the topic now after it was derailed...

A war with Iran will lead to certain destruction of the US. Our army is stretched way too thin. We cannot handle another conventional war, and I doubt we're going to nuke them (unless our leaders have really lost it..).

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Okay so Iran deliberately funds terrorist groups who deliberately target civilian populations and the only thing that catches your eye is when a child who was dragged on the streets to serve as a human shield is killed by accident? Targeting civilians isn't on Israel's agenda, it serves no purpose at all. To think that is simply absurd.
On the other hand Iran is making it clear that they wish to engage in war with Israel and the United States. They have been saying it for years and perhaps now they finally gathered the nerve and insanity to make it happen.
Although I see what they were trying to do with the convoy incident. They were playing chicken with three US navy convoys, to see if they would attack and then blame the U.S. as the aggressors, which is what they did anyway when they stated that the footage was fake. This is Iran's attempt to acquire international support against the United States. A pathetic tactic on their part that will only earn them pity.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Okay so Iran deliberately funds terrorist groups who deliberately target civilian populations and the only thing that catches your eye is when a child who was dragged on the streets to serve as a human shield is killed by accident?

You dont seem to have any feelings for these children, the Israeli goverment DID kill them, and they dont care. I dont see how you appear to support them.
Watch these videos and tell me you dont feel sorry for them, this is what "WAR" does.

"Warning these video shows deaths of children and people"

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

This is what the Israeli goverment AND hezbollah have done, its both their faults. Everything catches my eye my friend, I'm on nobodies side except the civillians, maybe you should let more things catch your eye!

[edit on 11-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
rumsfeld was on the board when they sold the centrifuges to iran

wouldn't that make rumsfeld just as guilty to world threat

Indeed he is. But NOT because of selling centrifuges to Iran.

Because if Iran is using those centrifuges as part of their development of 'peaceful use of nuclear power' in accordance with the Treaty I mentioned earlier in this same thread - and in TRUTH we can NOT assume or declare they are being dishonest WITH NO PROOF as the Bush administration is wont to do - then that is a NON issue for both Iran and the US.

The reason Rumsfeld shares in Bush's guilt (IF ANY) is this:

The price of being close to the President is delivering bad news. You fail him if you don't tell him the truth. Others won't do it. ~Donald Rumsfeld

Surely Rumsfeld KNEW of BinLaden's death! If not, then he certainly was slacking in his duties.

In fact, from the repeated claims of those who are questioned, on Bush's staff, about whether or not BinLaden still is among us...NONE of them are doing their job!

They were so adamant in claiming they were fervently searching out BinLaden in the days following 9-11...yet they missed the newspaper reports which told of his funeral on December 26, 2001. And it was in at least two newspapers that I know of...one being from Egypt which is available on-line. And that was only 76 days after the attacks!

One of the most logical parts of such a search as they claim they did, IMO, would be to have had a portion of the staff thoroughly search DAILY each and every newspaper published in the middle East! ALL of them. We pay them enough to have more than ample resources for such a task!

What the heck WERE they doing, I wonder?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Well they(Israeli Goverment) have killed children. I've seen them on TV, dead carried from rubble.
So I can see why he doesnt like the bad Israeli goverment.

Look, is Israel supposed to sit still when rockets are being launched into their country? Israel is only responding to being attacked. It's always sad when children are killed, but you are acting like Israel is intentionally targeting children. Perhpas if Israel's enemy would not fire rockets into Israel and stop hiding & blending into the civilian population, their kids would not get killed.

I guess Israel's enemy really care for their children when they intentionally hide and fire from civilian locations then attempt to blend in. Then when Israel responds from being attacked and kill the bad guys, the enemy tries to play like its all civilians being killed when in reality, the majority of the deaths is the enemy disguised as civilians.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
laiguana, nobody was playing chicken with US destroyers. They maintained a safe distance and requested for identification. Our coast gaurd does the same thign everyday all over our nations waters. At least we do not have to come face to face with warships daily.

You can clearly see the video, and you can clearly see and hear the man simply requesting for identification.

There was no threat to bomb anyone from their forces. Navy claims now the audio may have come from anywhere else, but I am sure it has the same source as all of those Osama videos that are conviniently released prior to a strategic disturbance in the region, CIA, which is merely the synonym for the AQ organization.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Okay so Iran deliberately funds terrorist groups who deliberately target civilian populations and the only thing that catches your eye is when a child who was dragged on the streets to serve as a human shield is killed by accident?

The United States government deliberately terrorizes its own citizens! To insist, for 6 years, that we are still under IMMINENT threat of terrorist attack instigated by a DEAD MAN is to cause and sustain feelings of fear and anxiety in the populace! THAT is terrorism, my friend. Pure and simple intention to instill fear is terrorism!

What ‘catches your eye’ on the mainstream media is exactly what is designed strategically to do just that! To play on your sympathies rather than report, OBJECTIVELY, situations of interest! What the news delivers in the US is NOT complete or objective. Or even true, sometimes! The government gives out press releases in order to disseminate reports of ‘another threat from BinLaden’ on a consistent basis…these are always supposedly ‘new’ tapes with ‘new’ threats…and the last one I think was as late as last month! There are some that have been analyzed by video-geeks that know their stuff that seem to have been tampered with and altered. Namely in the form of stopping the original film in order to insert the ‘new stuff.’ That is outright deception.

Targeting civilians isn't on Israel's agenda, it serves no purpose at all. To think that is simply absurd.

To assume that everyone wearing a ‘white hat’ is a good guy is equally absurd! To only look at the world from the narrow perspective of our own position is also absurd!

On the other hand Iran is making it clear that they wish to engage in war with Israel and the United States.

Only as heresay. Via mainstream media. Have you read the 18-page letter that the president of Iran sent Bush last summer? CNN has it, in full. I suggest you read it. It speaks for itself.

Bush didn’t even make the courtesy of a reply. And right after that was when all this so-called threatening from Iran was portrayed as being a major issue of concern.

They have been saying it for years and perhaps now they finally gathered the nerve and insanity to make it happen.

I daresay President Ahmadinejad is lacking for nothing in the part of nerve! He is known for his tendency to speak his mind without apology regardless of what the topic is. He is considered bold and outspoken – not by his people, necessarily (I really don't know any Iranians nor what they think or feel), but according to what is said about him by international writers and reporters, et al.

I wonder, also, if that is the case also with BinLaden?
Has he been making threats for 6 years hoping to get enough ‘nerve and insanity’ to attack us again? I would think he would be even less lacking in both of those areas than even Ahmadinejad!

It has been 6 years and NOTHING else has happened. NOTHING!

And Iran has not threatened us except in words, according to what our government tells us. Where is the second witness for this accusation? Are we going to believe ONE source, only – even if it is supposedly, and ideally, a source that is on 'our side,' does that ensure that indeed we are being told the truth and the whole truth? And if we are not, how can we be assured that what is not being told is because of our own best interests? If all that were true, then there would not be so much speculation nor would the White House be so defensive when inquiries are made by those who have such an opportunity!

Although I see what they were trying to do with the convoy incident. They were playing chicken with three US navy convoys, to see if they would attack and then blame the U.S. as the aggressors, which is what they did anyway when they stated that the footage was fake.

We are aggressors! And yet they continually to refuse to engage in hostile acts. It takes two to tango, my dear. The US has always, since the beginning, been froggy for a fight. That is part of our heritage/reputation. We used to be heroes but now we are bullies.

This is Iran's attempt to acquire international support against the United States. A pathetic tactic on their part that will only earn them pity.

Do you not realize how Americans are viewed by those who are in other countries? Does it concern you?

We are seen as hypocrites who seek only material success and have no concerns for others less fortunate nor do we have any respect for the cultures and religions of other nations.

That is not how we are…but that is how we are seen. We are not loved. And yet for the most part are still given hospitality when we vacation abroad and are treated with respect. Not to our credit but to the credit of our hosts.

I LOVE this country almost as much as I love GOD. Truly. And I am shocked and horrified at the way we’ve been led to slaughter! I am hurt by the way we’ve been devalued and demoralized in the eyes of the rest of the world. Not because of 9-11 but because of our government’s reaction to it! We should have RESPONDED instead of reacted!

We were not attacked by Iraq or Iran or any other country! If it was Al-Qaeda…there is no legitimate way we can say it was any country or government’s fault! Nor can we justify war because of it! There were no weapons of mass destruction except for the chemical weapons Hussein used on his own people and while that is certainly horrid, it wasn't the exact situation we were led to believe was the FIRST cause of the war.

And the back-up SECOND cause...the 'war on terror' seems to have been a smokescreen, as well. Hard to fight terror when the so-called terrorists are dead! Al-Qaeda is deliberately elusive and has no central HQ or command point for that very reason! And nowadays they most likely don’t even have a singular leader such as BinLaden.

And the fact of the matter is that we STILL do not know, FOR SURE, who was the force behind 9-11! NOT beyond a shadow of doubt! Whomever it was obviously was satisfied with the success of that one attack because like I said, since then there has been nothing at all despite the unrelenting idea permeating our society - evidenced even in the so-called religious prophets!

We are running from shadows created by our own officials! And despite what happened back in 1776, we are still being controlled by the Crown!

Everyone that the UK government sides with, so do we. And those they don't are not considered possible friends of the US, either. It has led us into one World War already and I wonder sometimes if the plan now is to have us lead a World War? It won't happen but that doesn't mean those who pull the strings don't think they can make it happen! And so many believe it to be true!

Britain has had to ally themselves with the state of Israel because of what happened after WWI. Look into THAT if you dare!

I refuse to believe everything I'm told just because of WHO tells me!

JUST GIVE ME SOME TRUTH!
And give me freedom or give me death.

Seriously.

[edit on 1/11/2008 by queenannie38]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join