It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: `Iran Is a Threat to World Peace'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

You think so? If I look ignorant or close minded to a terrorist sympathizer then I'm overjoyed. Thanks for verifying that.

Oh and -biggie smalls- just by the fact that you have yourself declared "the west" as the enemy makes it clear to see who's agenda your pushing. Not that it matters.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by laiguana]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
reply to post by _Phoenix_

You think so? If I look ignorant or close minded to a terrorist sympathizer then I'm overjoyed. Thanks for verifying that.

Oh and -biggie smalls- just by the fact that you have yourself declared "the west" as the enemy makes it clear to see who's agenda your pushing. Not that it matters.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by laiguana]

Why do you keep calling people terrorist sympathizers, I dont like terrorists? theyre crazy, whats wrong with you? Your the one that seems to have an agenda not Biggie smalls.

Oh yeah and Biggie didnt declare the west as an enemy, why would he? your putting words in his mouth.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Since you seem to know so much about my agenda, mind telling me what it is?

I'd like to know who I support, sometimes I forget you know. I just can't keep up with the times.

One minute I am anti-American, next anti-Israel. Heck, who knows, maybe I'll be anti-China in the next thread.

Or maybe...I actually think for myself.

I actually have my own opinion. Go figure.

So, who has the agenda here?

...Back to the topic...

Is Iran the threat to world peace, or is it OUR past and present actions destabilizing the region?

We have a history of removing and installing leaders at will, yet we seem to not take responsibility when our puppet starts a genocide or something to that effect.

Pretty convenient, don't you think? We don't have to take the blame for any wrongdoing, but our hands are far from bloodless.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

So your one of them "you're either with us or against us" people huh?

I guess I'm against you, so now what? Start bombing me?

watchZEITGEISTnow

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Do not feed the trolls
erm
please

thanks

[edit on 11/1/2008 by budski]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Is Iran the threat to world peace, or is it OUR past and present actions destabilizing the region?

The latter. Without question.

FEAR CREATES DANGER.

Who is creating fear these days?

OUR government! Rampantly! Both at home AND abroad!

Anyone that takes the time to look into the NPT (Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty) can easily see that if anyone were going to feel threatened by the possibility of imprudent use of nuclear weapons it is far more likely to be Iran rather than the U.S. or Israel.

The US has a nuclear arsenal and so does Israel. Israel isn't even a party to the treaty!

And yet...it does not appear that the President of Iran seems to be bowing to the (what seems to me to be) efforts to intimidate. Rather he seems, by his own words, to desire peace and cooperation above all things.

The same can NOT be said for the US or Israel, even with the most generous lateral definition of either 'peace' or 'cooperation!'

----------

To laiguana:

Until someone's words are proved to me to be deceitful, I give EVERYONE the benefit of the doubt.

I KNOW the US government has lied to us about things pertinent to this issue and others. I do NOT KNOW, nor have I yet been given any reason to suspect, that the President of Iran is lying. And most of the things he's said in the two letters I linked to ARE true - the things I, myself, have researched myself long before this issue came up.

My sympathies extend exclusively ALWAYS to the innocent victims of any violent act as well as the poor and disadvantaged.

I am anti-
FEAR
DECEIT
GREED
WAR
PREJUDICE
IGNORANCE

The reason for which Congress allowed Bush to declare war on Iraq (WMD) has been investigated AND found to be unsubstantiated. This conclusion was made, officially, by Congress, itself! In truth, that literally makes the war in Iraq a 'War of Aggression' according to the Nuremberg Principles!

Our government has given us at least one solid reason to be VERY skeptical about any further justifications from the same administration to go to war with any other country (for any other reason other than if we saw foreign invaders landing on our shores showing aggression and actual intentions of inflicting violence on our populace.) PERIOD.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on ME.

I won't be fooled again!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Yes exactly, because they were repeating the same bad translation MEMRI was, only unknowingly.

No conspiracy is necessary, just an initial bit of tweaking to the translation, and multiple media outlets unknowingly passing on the misinformation.

Like I said, a bit of propaganda that worked very well.

The MEMRI transalation reads:

"'Imam Khomeini said 'This regime that is occupying Qods [Jerusalem] must be eliminated from the pages of history.' This sentence is very wise. The issue of Palestine is not an issue on which we can compromise.

Source

So even MEMRI don't go for the whole wiped off the map thing. We go over this again and again and it always comes back up. It really goes to show how deeply propaganda can be injected into the consciousness of a society when people can repeat the same disproved lies, be shown that they've been lied to and still carry on believing in and repeating the lie.

edit: Think a little deeper. Why do they want you to believe this? Why are they telling you this? Why did every western media outlet run this when they knew for a fact it was wrong?

Why are they lying to you?

[edit on 11-1-2008 by Chris McGee]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Chris McGee

Interesting.

I stand corrected, thank you, I had been led to believe that it was MEMRI that was responsible for distributing the distorted translation.

Obviously I was wrong.

[edit on 1/11/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
Do not feed the trolls
erm
please

thanks

[edit on 11/1/2008 by budski]

Why do you constantly say that?

Are you thinned skin or something?

I have noticed you say that to practically everyone who has a different opinion from you. You label most a troll only because YOU don't agree with their viewpoint. Is calling people trolls, who are obviously not, a easy 'cop-out' for you instead of actually debating?

[edit on 11-1-2008 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Opinions are what they are. I have no problem if you decide to support terrorists or if you believe the U.S. is responsible for all the bad things happening in the world. It's not my problem, it's yours.
I'm content with the way our government has responded against the forces of islamic terrorism, and how we refuse to stand down against nations like Iran, who seem to share the concept in regards to the United States being the root of all evil. Opinions aren't going to impact what's already set in motion. So believe what you will.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

There you go putting words in my mouth.

Where did I say the US is responsible for all of the problems in the world?

We've had our hand in a large portion of the mess in the middle east. That is true. I'm sure you cannot refute that fact.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Who is not an enemy? Canada .

HEY...I resemble that remark?!??! lololol

Seriously.

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This quote is in regards to the recent Strait of Hormuz incidents:

Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
"The incident ought to remind us all just how real is the threat posed by Iran and just how ready we are to meet that threat if it comes to it".

They (supposedly) get buzzed by a few speedboats and that is enough to label Iran a serious threat? Statements like the above are more likely to provoke a war than any of Iran's speedboats in my opinion.

It is the exact same type of propaganda that was saturated on the western world before the Iraq invasion. "They're evil, they are out to get us, they hate our freedoms" etc etc etc.

The only ones wanting a war is the puppeteers behind the curtains in America. I really, truly hope that the American people start tuning into whats really happened instead of sitting back and letting their nation crumble around them.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Agreed.

I posted this in another thread, but I feel its a good explanation of the current situation.

This is a picture of one of those 'menacing' boats the Iranians had:

This image released by the US Navy Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2008, and shot Sunday, Jan. 6 from the bridge of the destroyer USS Hopper, shows a small blue boat, alleged to be Iranian, purportedly racing near the wake of U.S. Navy ships in the Persian Gulf. The incident, which President George W. Bush denounced Tuesday as a "provocative act," was videotaped by a crew member on the bridge of the destroyer USS Hopper, one of the three ships that faced down five Iranian boats in a flare-up early Sunday. (AP Photo/U.S. Navy)

Pentagon releases video of clash

Against 1 warship, 100 of these things wouldn't stand a chance. They're merely swiftboats, smaller even than a PT (patrol) boat.

Ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Against 1 warship, 100 of these things wouldn't stand a chance. They're merely swiftboats, smaller even than a PT (patrol) boat.
Ridiculous.

Yet a boat even smaller nearly sank the USS Cole.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Its not my fault the sailors weren't paying any attention in a foreign port.

Thats stupidity in my opinion.

If we weren't policing the world in the first place, something like that wouldn't have happened.

Also, if they were suicide bombers, why would they wear life vests?
They must have a death wish, right?

[edit on 11-1-2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
However, I lean towards him being alive because of the tapes which occasionally surface. These tapes are tested vigorously using voice matching technology and it is pretty darn accurate.

Tested by whom? The US Government? I only ask because I haven't looked into any voice testing.

Here is a link to someone's non-governmental/private examination of a suspicious video, and the voice issue is mentioned.

I think perhaps this particular video has been discussed here at ATS although I have no idea where.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Its not my fault the sailors weren't paying any attention in a foreign port.
Thats stupidity in my opinion.

Yes they should have been paying attention but that is not the point. From your previous post you mentioned thats its ridiculous these boats could cause damage. The point is these boats can cause massive damage.
Please try and stay on point.

If we weren't policing the world in the first place, something like that wouldn't have happened.

I did not realize you could see other realities.

Also, if they were suicide bombers, why would they wear life vests?

Who said they were definitely suicide bombers? If they were throwing fake bombs overboard, I guess they were not suicide bombers.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Tested by whom? The US Government? I only ask because I haven't looked into any voice testing.

The U.S. government for sure but I don't know who else. I would guess the British also did their own testing.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Thank you for the information. I will later look into it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join