It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: `Iran Is a Threat to World Peace'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by biggie smalls

Kudos to you for the research...

Great post but disappointing to read this... anything to do with Bush lately gives me an urgh! feeling.

I just wonder, if a war breaks out before elections, what will that mean for the USA?

it has been theorized that there would also be an attack here and thus giving bush power to be "dictator" in a sense,

cant remember where i read this but it seems it could be logical

whatever it is its just a F*cked situation, and I hate it

but if it is what needs to happen for the end and then god really comes and then eternal peace, im all for it then

there has been war, death and lies since man has been here

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Note I edited an above post in order to answer some of your earlier points. As for the question about says Iran wants a war actions speak louder then words enough said . If people are willing to think otherwise that is there choice naivety and seeing only what you want to catches up with everyone eventually. Iran isnt a democracy and I don't really class the US as true democracy either but again that is another topic along with other points you raised.

Iran's leaders fear democracy and they are the ones in control. As for the Iranian people those who want greater freedoms may wonder how they can get it without a re run of the civil war in Iraq.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by xpert11]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
The casualties would be possibly greater than World War 2...Do you want to see that happen? I for one am not ready to die for some bull# like oil, are you?
[edit on 1/9/2008 by biggie smalls]

Well, I can handle a 100 million casualities, as long as they are on the other side.

True, we (the West) got ourselves into this hole by getting hooked on oil. That's not going to change by tomorrow, so the Straits are a national security point for now.

Allowing Iran to have possession of a nuke would be a major mistake. Simply saying, "Well, all these other countries have one, why not Iran?" doesn't make too much sense.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
War's overrated.

Am I not right?

[edit on 9-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

doesnt mean it wont happen or people dont think the same as that statement

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Allowing Iran to have possession of a nuke would be a major mistake. Simply saying, "Well, all these other countries have one, why not Iran?" doesn't make too much sense.

Well, that presumes that we're omnipotent, and that we can prevent it without some cost to ourselves.

And the fact is, we aren't omnipotent. The cost of trying to prevent Iran from getting nuclear weapons using force may well prove to be higher than simply emphasizing that any use of nuclear weapons by Iran, or any party backed by Iran, will result in a swift and terrible retaliation.

Let's not forget how we got in this mess in Iran anyway, by throwing out an elected leader and installing a tyrant.

We should have minded our own business then, we should be minding it now.

Buzzing our warships is certainly an annoying & obnoxious provocation.

Then again, they probably think our constant threats to bomb them and/or overthrow their .gov are pretty obnoxious too

[edit on 1/9/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

"The fact that they suspended the program was heartening," Bush said. "The fact that they had one was discouraging because they could restart it."

Um...what?

U.S. built major Iranian nuclear facility

In the heart of Tehran sits one of Iran's most important nuclear facilities, a dome-shaped building where scientists have conducted secret experiments that could help the country build atomic bombs. It was provided to the Iranians by the United States.

The Tehran Research Reactor represents a little-known aspect of the international uproar over the country's alleged weapons program. Not only did the U.S. provide the reactor in the 1960s as part of a Cold War strategy, America also supplied the weapons-grade uranium needed to power the facility—fuel that remains in Iran and could be used to help make nuclear arms. Global Research

1950s and 60s

The foundations for Iran's nuclear program were laid after a 1953, CIA-supported coup deposed democratically-elected Prime Minister Mohammed Mossadegh and brought Shah (King) Mohammad Reza Pahlavi to power. By 1957, the West judged the regime sufficiently stable and friendly that nuclear proliferation would not become a threat.

That year, a civil nuclear co-operation program was established under the U.S. Atoms for Peace program. In 1967, the Tehran Nuclear Research Center (TNRC) was established, run by the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI). The TNRC was equipped with a U.S.-supplied, 5-megawatt nuclear research reactor, which became operational in 1967 and was fueled by highly enriched uranium.[11] Iran signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) in 1968 and ratified it in 1970. With the establishment of Iran's atomic agency and the NPT in place, the Shah approved plans to construct, with U.S. help, up to 23 nuclear power stations by the year 2000.
Wiki

So either:

1. The President (like many others) shamelessly does not know this.

2. This Administration knows this but feigns ignorance so that the average uninformed citizen is legitimately as surprised as they pretend to be.

3. When the US built and supplied the Nuclear reactor to Iran in the 60's they assumed they were to be used to make radioactive oatmeal cookies and not to pursue an understanding of nuclear technology.

Mmmmm...radioactive oatmeal cookies.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I think I'll just sit back and wait for the war to start. Judging from the rumblings lately it is right around the corner. I guess we can stretch an army even farther than imaginable. War with Iran seems inevitable.

Draft anyone?

Great research, Biggz,
Starred and Flagged.

- Lee

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Iran to World - Bush is a threat to world peace...

Now, I know I'd favour my argument over Dubya's any time...I shudder when I think about what that man can easily get away with over the next 10 mths....

Actually, not so much the man himself,more those who purport to "serve and advise" him...

These are the people that the rest of the world need to be aware and wary of over the next bit...

Lets face it, Bush has all kinds of EO's that could be enacted at the drop of a hat, and there is nothing US citizens and the rest of the world could do about it...

Except hope...

I propose we all start hoping now, until the US Presidential Elections...

Then we can decide if we can relax a bit, or intensify our hoping...

Peace

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I believe that Iran wants a war and do/provoke what ever or whom ever they will to make it happen. Remember, this guy wants the return of the 12th Imam. He wants the End Times. But most of you ignore that, and its understandable.

Iran is trying to build what 9 or 10 Nuclear Facilities. For peaceful purposes of course, because we all know they do not have enough oil keep up with their energy needs. They also are building 30 thousand centerfuges I believe the number is. For peaceful purposes of course, enriching the uranium to weapons grade levels, but lets not talk about that because that would make Iran look like a War Mongering State.

Do I think Bush is trying to start something with Iran? That is still up in the air, sometimes I think he is and other times I just flat out don't know. But I do believe their are many in the US Government that sure's the heck are. But even more are not.

So who is the Enemy? Iran, thats a no brainer, at least the Government is anyways. He wants the 12th Imam so badly, he can feel it, taste it and will do whatever he needs to get him to return.

So lets impeach Mahmoud Imindeedyourdad.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I think you like Iran more then your home nation. Every post about Iran, you come off as their biggest fanboy.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

30 million people died in WW2. What are you talking about. How is that possible? I guess we will kill every man woman and child in Iran. Or do you mean the 1/2 million or so US casualties of WW2? If so, do you really think that we'd loose 1/2 million soldiers when there are only 160000 combat troops in iraq. That is an interesting thought.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

You sound eager to die, I personally don't want etarnal peace. I don't believe what you believe. What is this end game everyone is talking about. I mean really first it was y2k then it was the leap year, then it was this, then it was that. We don't know when humans are going to end, we dont even have a clue. To assume that nuclear war would kill everyone on the planet is pretty silly.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
How ironic that the biggest war-monger on the face of the earth is talking about ANYONE being a threat to world piece. This insane megalomaniacal madman has done more to upset world peace than anyone since Hitler IMO. I would call his statement a joke, only it's not funny anymore, it's highly disturbing.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Does bush want to leave office with a bang?
a big mushroom cloud bang over iran?

If he does go ahead, I hope (from a UK perspective) that brown has more sense than blair did and doesn't send UK military assets in to help, in the name of lending credibility to bush's ambitions for war.

Both of our countries have people homeless, people without adequate healthcare. Educational reforms are needed, we need to find new energy sources and our infrastructures need attention.

But instead, countless billions are wasted and the lives of many fine citizens are lost, all on the altar of greed and ambition.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I couldn't agree with you more. If the economy in America gets any worse there will be hell to pay for lots of people. In Florida the real estate market dropped 29% seemingly overnight. People who's homes were just financed for over 300,000, in some cases, the value dropped nearly in half in places that were hit the hardest.

I can't see how dumping countless amounts of money and OIL into this war is going to help us conserve our energy sources? This whole war is obviously over oil and we're expending our resources just being over there... I'd like to see how much oil it's taken to run those vehicles, planes, ships, and other machines of war vs. how much we've actually improved our energy situation in this war. I'm sure it would, at the very best, even itself out. Which would mean, why in the heck are we there in the first place?

[edit on 10-1-2008 by Stalks in Shadows]

[edit on 10-1-2008 by Stalks in Shadows]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If there was any reason the justify taking ANYONE in the government at their word...especially when the subject is war and terrorism...I might believe what Bush is saying.

BUT

How many of the people in DC have been involved in a perpetual lie which they have knowingly taken deceptive action order to make it as believable as possible?

I have no idea how many but I do know that it is a LOT!

WHAT LIE? you ask?

The lie that is the supposedly constant threatening presence of the terrifying leader of Al Qaeda: BinLaden

The man has been dead since December 16, 2001!

He died just 66 days after 9/11 but even up to the present our government continually spreads rumors of this or that threat which is then made to seem like truth with the steady trickling in of video taped speeches and threats!

And it is NOT speculation that he MIGHT have died! He DID die! It was in all the papers over in that part of the world...there have been witnesses to his funeral and his body lying in the coffin.

If I KNOW this...then surely the government should know! There should be no doubt in their minds the same as there is no doubt in mine.

Sadly, the only doubt in my mind these days is in those who have taken solemn oaths on bibles (a book of which many claim contains divine justification for war) to SERVE and PROTECT me and my family and my neighbors.

Instead they have LIED to us for 6 years!

6 YEARS!

And they have sent troop after troop of soldiers over there to risk their lives and often die...

FOR THEIR LIE!
Not for our sake or freedom's sake or anything that can even be remotely qualified as good or noble.
Not for anything other than their own comfort and profit and war will continue to be waged wherever possible because it makes MONEY!

Not for US but for them! They lie in order to make money. They let our young men and women die in order to make money. They are making fools of their own people just for the sake of their GREED.

And you know what?

WE are ALLOWING it to continue!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I quote the most recent Bushism:
[regarding the business with the speedboats]
"They should not have done it."*12 second pause, stupid grin*

It is frighteningly apparent to me that this man has no brain.
If he starts a war and I get drafted, I will be very upset.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
in my humble opinion, I think the title is wrong. I think it should be:

"Iran: Bush's Policies is a threat to world peace

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It's about time Bush starts talking tough again. Now if he would just start acting tough again.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join