It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: `Iran Is a Threat to World Peace'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

The big question is.......

is he going out of the right door, or has he seen a jelly baby.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So you think because the U.S. government has benefited from financing militias to fight common enemies it suddenly makes it the worst enemy to peace? The U.S. like all other nations have their own interests as a priority. I don't see how this wouldn't apply to other governments as well, but to zone in on the U.S. government seems like a blatant attempt to smear the truth of this predicament. I'm certain that terrorists would applaud anyone who insists that the U.S. or President Bush is the prime of all evil, because that only helps them push their agenda. Quite sad, thankfully there are still plenty more of people who aren't brainwashed by conspiracy theories and can easily tell fact from fiction.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I wonder if he's going to have problems opening the door like he did in China

"Hey Olmy the door's stuck!"

"George my boy, that's the janitor closet."

We have about a year left with this Administration, we've almost made it out alive.

Let's just hope the next President isn't Clinton or any Republican eh? I'll have to slit my wrists...and move to Canukistan!

[edit on 10-1-2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

The really bad thing is he almost took us in he uk with him thanks to his poodle,blair

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
end of story

Using a blog as a source, yeah thats definitive and a reliable source.

For every article you post I can post one saying the opposite.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The worst enemy to peace is relative.

Do I think the US has been the largest obstacle to world peace over the past few years? Yes I do.

We have invaded: Afghanistan, Iraq, and now possibly Iran.

We have disregarded the Kyoto Protocol on pollution.

Our Corporate interests continue to destroy millions of acres in the Amazonian Rain Forest.

Our constant fear mongering is having a detrimental effect on the world at large.

All we have been doing for the past few decades is invading countries, stealing resources, and blaming terrorists.

We need to start taking responsibility for our actions.

Whether or not it is in our best interest to behave as policeman of the world is irrelevant. It is not our role nor our place to enforce our culture on others.

We are a sovereign nation and we should give other countries the same respect.

I am not singling the US out as an obstacle to peace. Iran is part of it as well. So is Israel, the UK, China, Russia, Pakistan, India, a lot of dictatorships in Africa, and the list goes on.

But they are not the topic at hand, and I don't live in any of those countries.

A voice of dissent is strongest and loudest when coming from its own country. I could talk # till my face turns blue about other countries, but I do not have to put up with their crap.

The 'terrorists' you speak of exist in this country as well, and they happen to be the ones running our government.

It seems you are the one in need of some truth my friend.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Thanks, I may take to quoting that entire thing every time the "OMG Ahmedinajad said he wants to destroy Israel" lie comes up.

It was widely distributed to the Western media, by MEMRI, which is why you see it quoted in the western press all the time.

Problem is, MEMRI is an Israeli right wing "think tank" (founded in part by Mossad veterans) that makes its money distributing alarming reports like this.

Furthermore, given the (ex Israeli intel!) considerable expertise available to MEMRI, it's almost impossible to believe it was an accidental mistranslation.

MEMRI intentionally distorted the trasnlation for propaganda purposes.

And the sad thing is, it worked.

People parrot that quote every time Iran gets discussed on these boards, and every time, it has to be debunked

Because every time it gets debunked, people pretend they didn't see it debunked, and go on and use the fake quote again in the next thread.

Cognitivie dissonance in action - or maybe even just simple self-deception.

[edit on 1/10/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
We have invaded: Afghanistan, Iraq, and now possibly Iran.

We have disregarded the Kyoto Protocol on pollution.

Well, we invaded Afghanistan after the Taliban decided to kill over 3000 US citizens. Remember that? It was in all the papers.

And Clinton was the one not to sign Kyoto when it came out. I never thought there'd be anything that he did that I agreed with!!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Because every time it gets debunked, people pretend they didn't see it debunked, and go on and use the fake quote again in the next thread.

Kinda like the FEMA Concentration Camp threads?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Ok biggie, I know you hate Bush so much that you can't think straight but regardless, since the Iranian Prez has already stated many times over of his plan to nuke the US and Israel, what makes you so sure that he is not a threat to world peace?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Do you have any proof of this? I thought the official story was it was "19 Saudi nationals"?...7 of whom have since been found to be living.

History distoted yet again.

watchZEITGEISTnow

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
Do you have any proof of this? I thought the official story was it was "19 Saudi nationals"?...7 of whom have since been found to be living.

History distoted yet again.

I'm not even going to get into the tired "9/11 was an inside job!" arguement!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Kinda like the FEMA Concentration Camp threads?

Dunno.
To be honest I haven't really been following them at all.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
It was widely distributed to the Western media, by MEMRI, which is why you see it quoted in the western press all the time.

And what about the media not related to the western media or Israel? I guess they got it wrong also. Must be another global conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

So you have no proof then?

watchZEITGEISTnow

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Looks like even Aljazeera got it wrong too!

www.youtube.com...

Come on now...who are you trying to kid?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

Looks like even Aljazeera got it wrong too!

www.youtube.com...

Come on now...who are you trying to kid?

I don't understand your point regarding the video.
Trying to kid about what?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

That last statement wasn't directed to you, my bad.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

That last statement wasn't directed to you, my bad.

Ah, I see.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Yes exactly, because they were repeating the same bad translation MEMRI was, only unknowingly.

No conspiracy is necessary, just an initial bit of tweaking to the translation, and multiple media outlets unknowingly passing on the misinformation.

Like I said, a bit of propaganda that worked very well.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join