It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: `Iran Is a Threat to World Peace'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tony Pro
I quote the most recent Bushism:
[regarding the business with the speedboats]
"They should not have done it."*12 second pause, stupid grin*

It is frighteningly apparent to me that this man has no brain.
If he starts a war and I get drafted, I will be very upset.

The way I feel about it, the ground work has been laid long ago for another draft. If it were to be instituted again, either France or Australia would have one more ex-American citizen on there hands.

Call me a dodger or whatever you please, but I refuse to fight a war with no meaning, no purpose (other than the pleasure of our so called leaders). How many of you can honestly say you would be gung-ho if drafted? I would be out of this country fast enough to make your head spin.

But then again, that may be the only time our border security would ever be intact. I can see it now, thousands upon thousands of illegal immigrants allowed into the country, but upon the reinstatement of the draft, not one U.S. citizen allowed over the boarders to "dodge" our duties as citizens.

It's truly sickening.

[edit on 10/1/08 by milkman450]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
What people here dont realise is that America will go to war with Iran but not for the obvious reasons, we need the oil/Iran is a threat. No the real reason is to bring about the demise of the USA's status on the world stage.

Already embroiled in two conflicts with no sign of success a thrid war will be the straw that broke the camels back. The US and it people are staring into oblivion, a country kept afloat by foreign bankers and investors a war with Iran will be used for them to cut the purse strings and the event will be used to introduce the NAU.

At the same time a 9/11 type event will take place or should I say several of them, martial law will be introduced, personal gun ownership will be removed etc. And if anyone thinks I'm wrong then just look at history, Empires have been faought and won only to face a quick demise so it will be with the US.

If the people of America could only open thier minds as to what is going to happen to them they might have a chance to prevent it but I'm afraid its gone well beyond that Buffoon Bush and his side kicks. When US citizens see foreign troops on their streets it will be too late.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

Not another one!

He never actually said that - he said he supported a regime change, and the biased western press mis-quoted/translated him.

Just so you know - name calling and insults are perhaps the quickest way to get banned, and there really is no need for it - you're much more likely to gain from the ATS experience if you maintain civility.

[edit on 10/1/2008 by budski]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
He never actually said that

Of course he did.

he said he supported a regime change, and the biased western press mis-quoted/translated him.

Sure, that's what happend.

Umm....'Other' media besides the western media reported the same thing, so I guess you believe its a global misrepresentation. Funny!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Well this is a waste of time - I have already said I won't respond to your baiting, so I'll just stick you on ignore.

Please look for your fight elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Well this is a waste of time - I have already said I won't respond to your baiting, so I'll just stick you on ignore.

Please look for your fight elsewhere.

Disputing your claims is now baiting and looking for a fight? Okay, whatever you say.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
He never said it. Period. End of discussion. Don't twist it in ways that it shouldn't be twisted.

Cuenta a caba kinan.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
He never said it. Period. End of discussion. Don't twist it in ways that it shouldn't be twisted.

How do you know?
I have read many articles saying he did. Are you saying the majority of media from around the world got it wrong?
I have read articles even from the middle east which said he did.

Anyway, this is off topic so lets get back on track.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I don't see how Iran ISN'T a threat. They've threatened to destroy Israel and the United States numerous times. They go out on their streets by the thousands and chant death to America, with their leader egging them on. It's no question that Iran is a threat...what matters now is preparation. Iran is already challenging the U.S. and it is prepared for war, of course it's only a matter of time.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Cuenta a caba kinan.

I gotta agree with 4thDWF. Seems that a lot of news agencies ran the same quote.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
actual quote:

November 27, 2007

"It is impossible that the Zionist regime will survive. Collapse is in the nature of this regime because it has been created on aggression, lying, oppression and crime."
(As quoted by IRNA)

source

and some more

THE ACTUAL QUOTE:

So what did Ahmadinejad actually say? To quote his exact words in farsi: “Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad.”

That passage will mean nothing to most people, but one word might ring a bell: rezhim-e. It is the word “Regime”, pronounced just like the English word with an extra “eh” sound at the end. Ahmadinejad did not refer to Israel the country or Israel the land mass, but the Israeli regime. This is a vastly significant distinction, as one cannot wipe a regime off the map. Ahmadinejad does not even refer to Israel by name, he instead uses the specific phrase “rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods” (regime occupying Jerusalem).

So this raises the question.. what exactly did he want “wiped from the map”? The answer is: nothing. That’s because the word “map” was never used. The Persian word for map, “nagsheh”, is not contained anywhere in his original farsi quote, or, for that matter, anywhere in his entire speech. Nor was the western phrase “wipe out” ever said. Yet we are led to believe that Iran’s President threatened to “wipe Israel off the map”, despite never having uttered the words “map”, “wipe out” or even “Israel”.

THE PROOF:

The full quote translated directly to English:

“The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time”.

Word by word translation:

Imam (Khomeini) ghoft (said) een (this) rezhim-e (regime) ishghalgar-e (occupying) qods (Jerusalem) bayad (must) az safheh-ye ruzgar (from page of time) mahv shavad (vanish from).

Here is the full transcript of the speech in farsi, archived on Ahmadinejad’s web site
www.president.ir/farsi/ahmadinejad/speeches/1384/aban-84/840804sahyonizm.htm

THE SPEECH AND CONTEXT:

While the false “wiped off the map” extract has been repeated infinitely without verification, Ahmadinejad’s actual speech itself has been almost entirely ignored. Given the importance placed on the “map” comment, it would be sensible to present his words in their full context to get a fuller understanding of his position. In fact, by looking at the entire speech, there is a clear, logical trajectory leading up to his call for a “world without Zionism”. One may disagree with his reasoning, but critical appraisals are infeasible without first knowing what that reasoning is.

In his speech, Ahmadinejad declares that Zionism is the West’s apparatus of political oppression against Muslims. He says the “Zionist regime” was imposed on the Islamic world as a strategic bridgehead to ensure domination of the region and its assets. Palestine, he insists, is the frontline of the Islamic world’s struggle with American hegemony, and its fate will have repercussions for the entire Middle East.

Ahmadinejad acknowledges that the removal of America’s powerful grip on the region via the Zionists may seem unimaginable to some, but reminds the audience that, as Khomeini predicted, other seemingly invincible empires have disappeared and now only exist in history books. He then proceeds to list three such regimes that have collapsed, crumbled or vanished, all within the last 30 years:

(1) The Shah of Iran- the U.S. installed monarch

(2) The Soviet Union

(3) Iran’s former arch-enemy, Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein

In the first and third examples, Ahmadinejad prefaces their mention with Khomeini’s own words foretelling that individual regime’s demise. He concludes by referring to Khomeini’s unfulfilled wish: “The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time. This statement is very wise”. This is the passage that has been isolated, twisted and distorted so famously. By measure of comparison, Ahmadinejad would seem to be calling for regime change, not war.

THE ORIGIN:

One may wonder: where did this false interpretation originate? Who is responsible for the translation that has sparked such worldwide controversy? The answer is surprising.

The inflammatory “wiped off the map” quote was first disseminated not by Iran’s enemies, but by Iran itself. The Islamic Republic News Agency, Iran’s official propaganda arm, used this phrasing in the English version of some of their news releases covering the World Without Zionism conference. International media including the BBC, Al Jazeera, Time magazine and countless others picked up the IRNA quote and made headlines out of it without verifying its accuracy, and rarely referring to the source. Iran’s Foreign Minister soon attempted to clarify the statement, but the quote had a life of its own. Though the IRNA wording was inaccurate and misleading, the media assumed it was true, and besides, it made great copy.

source

end of story

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Nice, thanks for that, interesting.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Heck, it sounds like the Iranians were the one to screw up their own quote!!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Iran is a threat to world peace?
In my opinion George W. Bush is THE threat to world peace.I wish someone would drop a house on him.
Bush has turned America into one of the most aggressive nations on earth and he has the audacity to spew his crap.
Impeach him already, then jail him and throw the key away.He makes me sick to my stomach.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

I think it was a deliberate propaganda ploy on their behalf - they could then use this in future to say that the west were making things up about them.
Of course the western press have continued to use the mis-quote even after it was corrected - it sells papers, thus playing into their hands.

I never said they were angels, just that they are not the threat shrub would have us believe.

And don't forget, they are a very old, highly politicized culture in the upper echelons, so this kind of thing is second nature to them.

I can imagine them laughing quite a lot at shrubs inept fumblings as he tries to express the fleeting "thoughts" that flit through his otherwise empty head.

[edit on 10/1/2008 by budski]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
What threat is Bush trying to make up believe Iran is? It's already fact that Iran supports and funds terrorist organizations and that they are seeking to develop nuclear technology. You don't really have to go out of your way to make the basic conclusion that Iran wants this technology to full fill their desire of destroying Israel and the United States. It's so obvious.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

I don't really want to get into history lessons here, but the US has supported 'terrorist' organizations in the past and continues to do so.

We have done far worse in our short history as a nation than the whole world combined.

The CIA is still running drugs in this country despite them being illegal. We sell weapons to Saddam then a few years say he's bad and invade. Hypocrisy much?

Immortal Technique in his 4th Branch can describe my feelings best:

How could this be, the land of the free, home of the brave?
Indigenous holocaust, and the home of the slaves
Corporate America, dancin' offbeat to the rhythm
You really think this country, never sponsored terrorism?
Human rights violations, we continue the saga
El Savador and the contras in Nicaragua
And on top of that, you still wanna take me to prison
Just cause I won't trade humanity for patriotism

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I agree Bush is a Threat to World Peace 100% and then some.

Oh wait I read the thread title incorrectly. Never mind no harm done, after all 9/11 started the war after Iraq blew up the WTC 7 with a fart bomb. No wait I mean Iran caused 9/11, hey Iraq, Iran, wait are they different countries? This is confusing. Lets just nuke the place, its always dusty anyways. Who's winning the NFL anyway? Oh look over there.... hey what did you say? Oh if you're gonna be like that, I'll tell my daddy. Hey dad? Yes son? They are picking on me! Bomb 'em then son, just like I did in '91...

watchZEITGEISTnow

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Wow the insanity never ends...

Bush Predicts Mideast Peace Treaty

So one moment he is saying Iran is a threat to 'peace,' and the next he predicts that a treaty will be signed.

Either something is happening behind the scenes which is not being covered, or he forgot what he said 24 hours prior...Both?

President Bush, summing up meetings with both sides in the Israeli- Palestinian dispute, said Thursday that a peace accord will require "painful political concessions" by each. Resolving the status of Jerusalem will be hard, he said, and he called for the end of the "occupation" of Arab land by the Israeli military.
"Now is the time to make difficult choices," Bush said after a first- ever visit to the Palestinian territories, which followed separate meetings with Israeli leaders in Jerusalem the day before.

www.breitbart.tv...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join