It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: `Iran Is a Threat to World Peace'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Go Bush, go! Attack Iran and finish off US economy!

Originally posted by jerico65
Well, the Iranians are messing around with Nukes. Maybe it is just nuclear energy, maybe the are looking for the bomb. Who knows?

The Straits are right next to them. If they want to feed that "wild hair", the can decide to close off the Straits. Guess where all the oil is shipped thru? That makes it a threat to National Security.

Would we stand a chance invading? Yes, we would. We'd take a bunch of casualities, but I know that the Iranian Army would, too.

There is no way that invasion can be succesful.

Originally posted by biggie smalls
reply to post by xpert11

Who says they want war with the west?

The President of Iran has mentioned wiping the region controlling Israel off the map and possibly its supporters, but once we stop funding Israel's terrorism we'll be all set.

I don't think the average Iranian 'fears' democracy, they actually have a version of it (if you would consider what we have in the US democracy).

The people in power in most of these countries have lost it, yours and mine included.

However, the average (wo)man will not start a war based on false pretenses. The only ones doing that seems to be us.

I don't want to get into a religious discussion, but I could say that Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, etc. is holding each respective culture in check. We are all being brainwashed to a certain extent based on our handling from birth to death.

True. After all, I never heard USA criticized feudal monarchy with zero democracy and human rights in Saudi Arabia. Should I call it hypocrisy?

[edit on 11-1-2008 by Vojvoda]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
Israel is only responding to being attacked. It's always sad when children are killed, but you are acting like Israel is intentionally targeting children. Perhpas if Israel's enemy would not fire rockets into Israel and stop hiding & blending into the civilian population, their kids would not get killed.

I guess Israel's enemy really care for their children when they intentionally hide and fire from civilian locations then attempt to blend in.

Like I said both sides are to blame, both sides dont care about the children! Israel will target the enemy and wont care if there are children around, they will just do it, it doesnt matter to them. The enemy doesnt care whos around them either, both sides are as bad as each other. They only care about themselves, their agendas, their revenge etc. they are selfish.

Both sides have piles of evidence of murder etc against them.

The israeli goverment walks along a trail of death and murder, and continue to do so.

Just look on youtube, you would find many videos of negative things that israeli goverment has done, there are many there.

Check out these videos if you want.

"Warning contains death"

Execution
www.youtube.com...

Family killed on beach
www.youtube.com...

Pregnant wife killed.
www.youtube.com...

Sniper
www.youtube.com...

Missiles
www.youtube.com...

Death
www.youtube.com...

Very sad
www.youtube.com...

Execution in the street
www.youtube.com...

I support the civillians, and both sides that are fighting need to get their act together and start caring about others instead of themselves.

Peace.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Here is a letter from President Ahmadinejad addressed to the American people. NOT our government, but us! It is on the Iranian Presidential website and is dated November 29, 2006.

PLEASE read it!

And for those of you who feel there could be nothing for you to learn by doing such a thing, here is are two excerpts from the letter, the opening and closing paragraphs:

Opening:

Noble Americans,

Were we not faced with the activities of the US administration in this part of the world and the negative ramifications of those activities on the daily lives of our peoples, coupled with the many wars and calamities caused by the US administration as well as the tragic consequences of US interference in other countries;

Were the American people not God-fearing, truth-loving, and justice-seeking, while the US administration actively conceals the truth and impedes any objective portrayal of current realities;

And if we did not share a common responsibility to promote and protect freedom and human dignity and integrity;

Then, there would have been little urgency to have a dialogue with you.

Close:

I am confident that you, the American people, will play an instrumental role in the establishment of justice and spirituality throughout the world. The promises of the Almighty and His prophets will certainly be realized, Justice and Truth will prevail and all nations will live a true life in a climate replete with love, compassion and fraternity.

The US governing establishment, the authorities and the powerful should not choose irreversible paths. As all prophets have taught us, injustice and transgression will eventually bring about decline and demise. Today, the path of return to faith and spirituality is open and unimpeded.

We should all heed the Divine Word of the Holy Qur’an:

“But those who repent, have faith and do good may receive Salvation. Your Lord, alone, creates and chooses as He will, and others have no part in His choice; Glorified is God and Exalted above any partners they ascribe to Him.” (28:67-68)

I pray to the Almighty to bless the Iranian and American nations and indeed all nations of the world with dignity and success.

Why hasn't our government or media shared with us? It IS addressed to US, after all!

Oh what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive...

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Just how do you know Bin Laden is dead anyway? Do you have his corpse hiding in your closet? Or did you come to that conclusion because you think you tapped the right sources on the internet? The problem with the leftist Bush-bashers and terrorist sympathizers is that they fail to analyze the prospect that is at hand. Osama isn't just a name; it's an entire network backed with funding to support several branches of terrorist cells across the world. This can be traced to embassy bombings in the early 90s. And I’m not going to jump on your 9/11 bandwagon and imply that no one knows exactly what caused it, because it’s obvious, and all the cumulative conspiracy theories out there will always run dry.
The problem now is that nations like Iran are following in Osama’s footsteps and using their own supply of funds to support terrorist organizations that aim to attack U.S. and Israel’s interests. Despite what you read on the internet, many of these interests help maintain and develop new infrastructure in middle-eastern nations.
So you acknowledge that Ahmadinejad is making threats, so how do you personally determine that he hasn’t taken action by some means? When individuals don’t realize what’s really going on, they tend to make speculative conjectures based on exaggerated reports or distorted data. Then they claim to ‘know it all’ because they read it on some anti-Bush website.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Just how do you know Bin Laden is dead anyway?

BECAUSE his funeral was reported in newspapers in the Middle East on December 26, 2001! He died on the 16th.

Not tabloids and not speculative articles but in legitimate mainstream printed media!

Here is the copy of one of the reports, complete with all the information needed to VERIFY it as both legitimate and reliable:

Translation of Funeral Article in Egyptian Paper: al-Wafd, Wednesday, December 26, 2001 Vol 15 No 4633

News of Bin Laden's Death and Funeral 10 days ago

Islamabad -

A prominent official in the Afghan Taleban movement announced yesterday the death of Osama bin Laden, the chief of al-Qa'da organization, stating that binLaden suffered serious complications in the lungs and died a natural and quiet death. The official, who asked to remain anonymous, stated to The Observer of Pakistan that he had himself attended the funeral of bin Laden and saw his face prior to burial in Tora Bora 10 days ago. He mentioned that 30 of al-Qa'da fighters attended the burial as well as members of his family and some friends from the Taleban. In the farewell ceremony to his final rest guns were fired in the air. The official stated that it is difficult to pinpoint the burial location of bin Laden because according to the Wahhabi tradition no mark is left by the grave. He stressed that it is unlikely that the American forces would ever uncover any traces of bin Laden.

Look it up yourself!

Furthermore, there is abundant information available which provides very sound evidence for such a thing.

#1 He was very ill at that time and had been for some time - and was on dialysis treatments. NO one can who requires dialysis can go without it at least 2 or 3 times EVERY week and it is not something that is temporary and unless there is a kidney transplant, lifespan is short, limited, and death is inevitable. How do I know this? My Associate's Degree in Nursing and 11 years of experience therein. I KNOW.

#2 He has NOT been seen....ANYWHERE....since right after the attacks! Except of course on the so-called video evidence our government still uses as propaganda.

So you acknowledge that Ahmadinejad is making threats, so how do you personally determine that he hasn’t taken action by some means?

I acknowledged no such thing! How did you draw that conclusion? No wonder you are having such a time with discerning these things!

And as far as how do I personally determine that he hasn't taken action?

BECAUSE NOTHING has happened! NOTHING!

When individuals don’t realize what’s really going on, they tend to make speculative conjectures based on exaggerated reports or distorted data.

Indeed they do. So true!

Then they claim to ‘know it all’ because they read it on some anti-Bush website.

I don't read 'anti-' anything websites. Or 'pro-' anything either. Nor do I claim to 'know it all' in ANY topic about anything. Don't make assumptions or stereotype me, please.

I go to the source, or as close as possible, for all my information. This includes all government sponsored websites and news media websites, etc.
Such as CNN, the BBC, NY Times; all .gov sites; and even, today for the first time, the website of the Iranian President. And then I use my brain and its ability as a human brain to assimilate the data in order to come to logical and reasonable conclusions - albeit what might be better described as 'temporary' conclusions as they are never closed to revision or rejection based on new information I might obtain nor is my mind closed or made up about anything. What I talk about at this forum, I do feel is sound and supported; and I try my best to keep 'opinion' out of both my posts as well as my thoughts.

Opinions are incomplete understandings and I'd rather just direct my efforts toward continued INCREASED understanding.

It is your own argument that lacks any sort of outside source or reference right now - if you are so convinced that what you are saying is true, then show me some objective information supporting your opinions.

Otherwise you are not denying ignorance because the only way to eliminate ignorance is through education and seeking out NEW information.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vojvoda
Go Bush, go! Attack Iran and finish off US economy!

Actually, war usually stimulates the economy.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Like I said both sides are to blame, both sides dont care about the children! Israel will target the enemy and wont care if there are children around, they will just do it, it doesnt matter to them.

I disagree!
Israel is only defending itself so they are not to blame because I don't expect them to just take it without retaliation. The dead woman and children is of course sad but its the fault of the people attacking Israel and NOT Israel for defending itself.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Not necessarily.

See: Vietnam

Also, think of WW2 Germany - sure the economy was stimulated - for a while.
Until it was bombed into nonexistence.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Here is a letter from President Ahmadinejad addressed to the American people. NOT our government, but us! It is on the Iranian Presidential website and is dated November 29, 2006.

Umm....okay, so what? It means nothing! Don't you realize whatever he says for U.S. consumption is nothing but propaganda and not how they truely feel or think.

And you are falling for it hook, line and sinker. Sad, just sad.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
BECAUSE his funeral was reported in newspapers in the Middle East on December 26, 2001! He died on the 16th.

I don't know if he is really dead or still alive but there is no definitive proof either way.

However, I lean towards him being alive because of the tapes which occassionally surface. These tapes are tested vigorously using voice matching technology and it is pretty darn accurate.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The US Government is the only major threat to world peace right now. This guy makes me crazy.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silenceisall
The US Government is the only major threat to world peace right now. This guy makes me crazy.

Sure, sure!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Israel is only defending itself so they are not to blame because I don't expect them to just take it without retaliation. The dead woman and children is of course sad but its the fault of the people attacking Israel and NOT Israel for defending itself.

Have you actually seen the videos I posted, doesn't look like defending to me.

Yes you are right some of it is defending, but not all of it, anyone can see that.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Yes you are right some of it is defending, but not all of it, anyone can see that.

I believe all of it is Israel defending itself. Look, if everyone just left Israel alone, they would not be firing a shot towards anybody. Unfortunately Israel is continually harassed so they need to defend themselves.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I believe all of it is Israel defending itself. Look, if everyone just left Israel alone, they would not be firing a shot towards anybody. Unfortunately Israel is continually harassed so they need to defend themselves.

Ok you have your view and I have my view-"both sides are bad".

I dont think we are going to change our minds any time soon, so I guess its end discussion for now and back on topic I guess, so it was nice talking to you, and I mean that literally lol, Im not a sarcastic person, peace.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Israel is not only defending itself, but that is another discussion.

This thread is about Bush's statement about Iran being a threat to world peace.

Please do not derail the discussion into a Israel vs Palestine topic.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

You failed to address any of my points, but rather went off on a tangent about Osama's supposed funeral. I guess I'll never make sense with a terrorist sympathizer, but I'm glad I don't.
Anyway, Iran is asking for it and it's going to get it, simple as that.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

The only one's asking for it is the West for meddling in everyone else's business.

We need to let each sovereign nation decide how they should govern.

We're like the fat kid with his hand in the cookie jar, the brownie pan, and the cheese plate.

Let's fix our own problems before we meddle in issues and dynamics we have no idea how to solve. Ok?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
reply to post by queenannie38

You failed to address any of my points, but rather went off on a tangent about Osama's supposed funeral. I guess I'll never make sense with a terrorist sympathizer, but I'm glad I don't.
Anyway, Iran is asking for it and it's going to get it, simple as that.

This post makes you look ignorant and close minded. No offence but your making yourself appear that way yourself.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Israel is not only defending itself, but that is another discussion.

Not only what?

This thread is about Bush's statement about Iran being a threat to world peace.
Please do not derail the discussion into a Israel vs Palestine topic.

So why are you telling me, I did not start the Israel discussion.

Plus, threads always go off on a little tangent. Its normal.

I guess you probably meant that remark for yourself since your first sentance was regarding Israel.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join