It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: `Iran Is a Threat to World Peace'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The basis for all Bush's threats revolve around Iran's right to peacefully develop nuclear power.

Here are some excerpts of the Iranian President's address before the 61st Session of the General assembly at New York, on September 19, 2006:

The Islamic Republic of Iran is a member of the IAEA and is committed to the NPT. All our nuclear activities are transparent, peaceful and under the watchful eyes of IAEA inspectors. Why then are there objections to our legally recognized rights? Which governments object to these rights? Governments that themselves benefit from nuclear energy and the fuel cycle. Some of them have abused nuclear technology for non-peaceful ends including the production of nuclear bombs, and some even have a bleak record of using them against humanity.

Which organization or Council should address these injustices? Is the Security Council in a position to address them? Can it stop violations of the inalienable rights of countries? Can it prevent certain powers from impeding scientific progress of other countries?

This is an excerpt from another UN meeting, 3 days later, on September 22, 2006:

Speaking to some 200 journalists, the Iranian president remarked, "It is not written in the NPT agreement that we should win the US trust for gaining our inalienable rights, a country which is pursuing projects for making second and third generations of atomic bombs and threatens others with such bombs."

All emphasis is mine.

What he has said is correct. The US Government is in no way any superior authority over the NPT and it is not any party's job to actively police the other partys' activities within the Treaty. There is a committee who performs the evaluations and report for the sake of the treaty.

If the documentation on Iran consistently shows, without exception, that their endeavors are purely for peaceful uses, as they claim...and Bush still somehow finagles another permission to declare war, this time on Iran, for such a reason...then I don't see any other outcome resulting other than Bush going down in history as a convicted war criminal! His action and reason for action would be not supported by any international policy and adequate evidence would be available to bring judgment according to the international laws under the various acts/laws.

Either this administration is totally ignorant of all of this or else they are so arrogantly cock-sure that they can get away with it....or...or...well - truly, what could be a reasonable explanation for such irrational thinking?

TRULY? It doesn't make sense in any sort of logical reasoned out contemplation!

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Originally posted by Vojvoda
Go Bush, go! Attack Iran and finish off US economy!

Actually, war usually stimulates the economy.

Yea, but not this time. Iraq grave yarded US economy very well, but attack on Iran would finish it.
Just imagine attack on Iran and price of oil will hit easily $200-300 per barrel. I hope that Bush is not that much crazy to do it.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

You've made good points.

I cannot disagree.

I loved your other realities phrase...No I am clearly a biased unimaginative ignorant anti-West ass, right?

[edit on 12-1-2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Seems this guy can't leave the news as of late. He's actually making landmark decisions and trips.

Analysis: Bush's role in Peace

He'll be back, the White House promises, as President Bush digs into trying to settle the Arab-Israeli conflict more than seven years into his presidency.

Critics suggest he delayed far too long in getting involved and that his policies skew too much toward Israel. Supporters call him a pioneer for declaring publicly that the Palestinians are entitled to a state of their own.

"I am committed to doing all I can," Bush said Thursday in Jerusalem. His national security adviser, Stephen Hadley, said the president would return "at least once and maybe more."

Let's hope he actually means it this time.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

You've made good points.

I cannot disagree.

I loved your other realities phrase

That was the only thing I could think of at the time to counter your comment.

No I am clearly a biased unimaginative ignorant anti-West ass, right?

I don't know you so I cannot make that leap.

Seriously, judging by the few posts of yours I have read, I don't think that. Don't get me wrong, I believe your views regarding this topic is flawed but I would NOT say you are ignorant & unimaginative.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone has heard of DUMB(deep underground military bases) Under the surface of the earth is a much greater threat than anyone bares to ponder. Iran and US are in direct contact with one another. I will not go into detail because if you are interested you will research it yourself. Anything that happens, eg 9/11 how they got terrorists, is through contact below the surface.

Basically there is the bases and they are all connected through super highways. If war does break out it will be aranged. What a sick time we live in. We need to stand up to our governments and demand honesty and peace. Personally I think that we will see our inter galactic friends before then. Search 'Bringers of the Dawn' (on youtube and in book form) and visit www.petitiononline.com... if you are interested in meeting our intergalactic friends as soon as possible. The reason for the petition is earth is a free planet, anyway watch the videos and you may start to understand all this mayhem in the world.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Bush again blames Iran over terror

On the third stop of an eight-day tour of Arab states, Mr Bush said: "Iran is today the world's leading state sponsor of terror.

"It sends hundreds of millions of dollars to extremists around the world while its own people face repression and economic hardship at home.

"Iran's actions threaten the security of nations everywhere."

He added: "The United States is strengthening our long-standing security commitments with our friends in the Gulf and rallying friends around the world to confront this danger before it is too late."

Mr Bush also accused Iran of supporting the Palestinian Islamist group Hamas and of sending arms to Shi'ite militants in Iraq.

What a crock of #! Iran sends cash to support Islamic militants/terrorists, yet the CIA is the one who trained them in the first place (see Al Qaida).

Its sickening that people actually believe his war mongering bull#. He's lying out of his ass and no one calls him on it.

He just had to add this one:

"There is no doubt in my mind that we will succeed. There is no doubt in my mind that when history is written, the final page will say, 'Victory was achieved by the United States of America for the good of the world'."

Yes Victory. He must seriously be smoking some great stuff. Dude, pass that to the left hand side.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
How long his nose must be by now!

We have far more economic hardship in this country and my whole state (NM) is living proof!

He tries so hard and the harder he tries, the less I believe and probably most everyone else who actually tests his statements with research!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The greatest clown in the whole of Christendom is at it again just like he lied about Iraq being behind 9/11 and having WMD's now its Iran, obviously the lap dog has been given his orders from the Zionist Regime in Isreal.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
My history may be shakey..

but wasnt it the USA that dramatically changed the aspects of world peace with 2 invasions/occupations ?
both based on decisivley dodgy evidence?
both being major benefits for the corporations backing bush?
both being open ended, with major humanitarium crisis'es ensuing?

..... funny... Iran seem pretty irrelevant to those effrots

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well -- Here is some example food for thought --
video.google.com...

Just get a copy of the movie 1984 or read the book, we are living in it.
People like GW Bush are actors playing a part in a fake drama. GW seems very likely to be a mind control slave, probably of his father who also seems likely to be Curious George. www.conspiracyplanet.com...

for an in depth understand of part of the history behind all this study
video.google.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Bah! biggie, I say "follow the money". Today, 20 billion $ proposed arms sale to Saudi Arabia. POTUS ME visit is a sales trip for military hardware. POTUS deserves a sales award.
Rhetoric re Iran also makes it easier to justify American military bases in Iraq, and more tax dollars to Middle East countries for security.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Yes Iran is crazy dangerous, they invaded Iraq and Afghanistan and have the world's largest prison population.

Oh wait, thats America.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by Legalizer]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Yeah I was thinking about adding that source to the OP, but didn't find it relevant at the time.

Now that you pointed it out, it is indeed relevant.

Thanks desert.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
It just strikes me as the irony of all ironies.

The only nation in the world's history to use Nuclear products (i.e bombs) in an act of war is now going about telling the world who can and can't have Nuclear ambitions? Oh, please.

I'm not anti-American, but how is that not the height of arrogance? I see America as a far higher threat to world peace than Iran will ever be.

How about fixing your own country before you start trying to control others.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Iran is a threat to world peace?
Well, I guess we need to start a war with them!

Maybe if we stop attacking the Middle East they might leave us alone...

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hi

Great posts all

Okay - IF we had a world government (Lets not get started on that yet) - then and only then may we have a supervisory power to determine what a rogue country (Rogue from who's point of view ?) may and may not do - However - There is presently no overt world governance and a self appointed one could be seen to be the MOST corrupt and devious one around !

Anti-American - me - No way !!!

Seriously I know a lot of Americans, Canadians, British, Moroccons, Indians, etc, etc - get my drift - I am talking about "democratically SELF APPOINTED" leadership - not the people. I think the US Government is not really making any decisions anyway (but thats another thread also).

My point is - American Foreign policy is a joke - We do not need to go through the list of fubar's - They are readily available. Actually let me tag on a little revision of my last statement - I am actually not sure it is american foreign policy that the american government are following !

The scarey thing is the fact that we are being setup for a war where millions will be affected - for what ? Iran could be a threat ? It just feels totally out of whack !

I for one do not like being taken for a ride and I think we are all being played - Iranians, Americans and the rest of the world !

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
biggie, this ME nuclear stuff is just getting crazier! Now Saudia Arabia wants nuclear power, too!
Saudi Nuclear Power

When did Sarkozy cozy up to Bush and offer a deal: you sell them arms, I'll sell them nuclear power?

Or is this a Franco-American deal to show unity against having China sell nuclear reactors to Saudi Arabia?

A focus is put on Iran's missile capability, but we don't hear about Saudi missile capability. The US deemed Iran a friend once; is the US counting on Saudi Arabia to be a friend 4ever, as long as the US buys Saudi oil and sells them military hardware?

The cost of oil plays into keeping The Nuclear Genie in the bottle. There are other countries who will want nuclear independence if the price of oil stays too high.

What a God awful mess is this energy from nuclear power!! Besides the waste, what a waste of humanity's valuable time sorting out these side problems.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Bush: I'm going to drag you into World War 3 kicking and screaming, America.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Well, the Iranians are messing around with Nukes. Maybe it is just nuclear energy, maybe the are looking for the bomb. Who knows?

The simple facts, according to what is honest and legal, is that Iran is complying with the NPT (non-nuclear proliferation treaty) on all points. They do not deny the required inspections nor do are they doing anything that could be misconstrued for something it is not.

Regardless....even if they were NOT complying with the treaty...it is NOT our job (the US) to either make that judgment nor act as an enforcer of any kind. We are also a party to that treaty and truth be told, from what I've read, it is the US which is dancing dangerously close to breaking the terms of the treaty.

Nuclear power has great potential totally unrelated to killing. We have not properly understood it and as a result there have been major incidents such as Chernobyl. But how can we learn anything if we do not apply ourselves to safe experiments and education?

OIL will run out and even if it did not, it is dirty and causes more problems than we can deal with as far as the planet's health. Even with Iran being in the middle of the eastern oil fields, it is not depending upon oil nor using force or deception to gain control of the resources!

The Straits are right next to them. If they want to feed that "wild hair", the can decide to close off the Straits. Guess where all the oil is shipped thru? That makes it a threat to National Security.

Nonsense! The only 'wild hair' is tickling up our President's nose!
Oil embargos or blocked exportation would not be a threat to security but to the economy! The elitist economy! We have oil over here, too - probably it would be sufficient but greed is the controlling factor in this.

Would we stand a chance invading? Yes, we would. We'd take a bunch of casualities, but I know that the Iranian Army would, too.

Think about it, my friend...when was the last time this nation was invaded by foreign military factions?

hmmm?

Terrorism is not invasion and so I'd say that Pearl Harbor is just about all that can be called invasion. Since the days of the revolutionary war, that is. And really, England wasn't even technically invading since this was their colony and we were revolting!

NO ONE is going to invade us! No one wants war except for the UK and the US. Or at least it seems to me.

War = profit
But peace is the only way to we will ever truly prosper. The rest of the world's leadership has pretty much got that figured out. Everyone but Blair and Bush, that is.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join