It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a few words about Mr. Paul

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kratos1220

I'm not going to claim RP is anything. But consider something. He has a voting record that has been in the best interest of the American people for years on the one hand.

On the other hand we have every type of mudslinging, smear tactic, and fear mongering you can imagine, being done by the RP haters.

And then here and there you have some things "leaked" to supposedly show that his supporters are cheating or whatever.

Now ask yourself this, does it really make sense?

Have you ever heard the term "false flag"? It can be, and often is, used in politics. So just take a deep breathe, and decide if it's people like you that such a thing would be aimed at. People that haven't committed to any candidate. Because the Big Boys would rather you didn't vote at all, than to vote for someone they didn't approve/buy.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
In a lot of ways, this seems way too good to be true. It's like I'm just waiting for the punchline to come and smack me in the head. When was the last time anyone credible was put into office or has even run for office for that matter?

Anyways, maybe you're right, but it's hard to get around expecting the same ol' thing again no matter what we do.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kratos1220

I’ve never voted for anything before. I had that fear for awhile, but I think it's to much. As dirty as politicians are, they need to hold some level of consistency to stay in the game. Imagine the uproar it would cause if the most consistent politician around made a 180 turn as soon as he became president. It would be very uncharacteristic of corrupt politicians to get this many apathetic people all fired up over taking them down. You can always find something wrong with a dirty politician, even if the majority of the population loves him, but Ron Paul is as clean as they come. You can tell a mindless politician from a smart one by what they choose to talk about. Ron Paul always wants to talk politics. He is the only light in the tunnel and if it's a freight train, then at least it will finally get here. Things aren’t quite as bad as they seem, it is possible to be an honest politician, you just get called “fringe“ and “a crank“.

“The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.”

Come down off the fence so someone else can climb up.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
My internet has been down for 2 days so I have had to watch CNN/Fox to have a clue as to what is going on in the world. I have been so disgusted the last 2 days, I have been screaming at my TV in Frustration and I am in shock (once again) at the absolute lies and cover ups that our media shoves down our throats.
CNN has not even mentioned RP's name, not even once today, not even to say he will lose. Nothing!!!
Fox had a college reporter corespondent who mentiond Obama and Paul has the "youth" nominee other than that no mention. Even when Pauls name was mentioned by the corespondent, the fox reporter only asked questions about Obama.
Even the visuals they keep throwing up, not one picture of RP. And on the flip side of the coin Kucinich has completely and totally disappeared.
Even if polls are correct and Paul was doomed, the man raised 21 million dollars this quarter and beat some records, shouldnt he at the very least be mentioned on the day of the Iowa caucus. So now according to CNN and Fox the race is down to Romney/Huckabee and Obama/Clinton. Whatever!
This and the economy depresses (and scares) the hell out of me.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have a few questions:

When was the last time ANY Presidential candidate kept
the promises they made in a campaign ???

Why is that ??

Maybe cuz no matter what a prez wants to do, congress
still has to approve it. So if RP gets elected and wants to
make sweeping changes, he still has to get congress' approval
to do it. So even if RP is elected, that may not mean anything
different but being a puppet for congress. In order to make
any major changes, congress is gonna have to change as well.
Since the majority of congress is democrat and RP is a Rep, then
RP is gonna meet resistance with his policies. That is a fact !!!
He may have good ideas and intentions, but he's gonna need
cooperation to make them work. He can't do it alone.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonSays

I agree but its a start in the right direction.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
It's disgusting what the MSM has done with Paul and his supporters. Time after time he has won grassroot polls and wins again and again when it comes to responsed to polls after debates. The powers that be don't want him and he won't win. I live where I can't even vote in primaries until May. My vote never has and never will count. All primaries and caucuses on the same day, just like presidential elections!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Wow...im glad SB is banned...she was ridiculous...But i seriously despise MSM and what there doing to the RP campaign. Its blatant that they dont want him getting elected....

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Ok check this out everybody....
ggggrrr I am so pissed, this is just freaking crazy.
Ron Paul takes 2nd place by 19% according to NBC exit polls
poll link
But what is the headline story they are running:
Romney wins in Nevada caucuses
McCain, Huckabee duel in South Carolina primary

And the only place in the story where Dr. Paul is mentioned

Alone among the Republican contenders, Rep. Ron Paul of Texas aired television ads in Nevada, and the libertarian-leaning Texan looked for his best showing of the campaign season.

link to article

I have had it, I am over it, I am disgusted and I am pissed off. The man took 2nd place in Nevada and nothing. WTF is wrong with this picture? OMG this is BS!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I guess there is no surprise about the above post but I am so mad right now, I just have to vent.
What is wrong with our country? Never mind, the list would make me more depressed.
Everyone needs to go look at the links in the post above this one.
To recap Dr. Paul came in 2nd (19%)in exit polls from NBC but NO mention of the amazing results. Headlines still about Romney vs. Huckabee.
I am so angry

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

It's noon here and CNN is reporting RP in 3rd place, but a local channel just now said that Paul is tied with McCain at 14%.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

My mom just called to tell me Fox news just announced Dr. Paul in 2nd place.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I just saw that on CNN as well. It's early in this election people. Forget the caucii, people are going to start realizing that Ron Paul has been about the economy from the start and they're going to begin to listen. Go Ron!

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
CNN now says Paul and McCain are tied for second place at 12%. And the CBS local channel just said McCain 13%, RP 11%.

Edited to update: local CBS channel, with 36% Rep. results in, RP tied with McCain now at 12%. On the Dem side, CNN says Obama is in front by 2%, but local channel reporting Clinton in front by 5%.

[edit on 1/19/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
So how quickly do you think the riots will start once Hilary gets 'elected' ??

We could think of this from a few perspectives ..

Voter fraud with Bush
Media control
.... you think for one second that they won't 'control' more than just Bushs election and the tv/news/movies?

I fully want Ron Paul to win, I'm not even freakin' from the United States (I'm from Canada) and I 'think' he will *IF* you are able to actually vote and vote properly.

Be very careful around voting stations, on the look out for individuals trained in NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) lots of people could be walking in voting for one person but walking out having voted for someone totally different.

There are so many ways for things to turn sour, and it seems like there's only one way for things to maybe change positively...

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
1:20 pm and my mother just got home from the Democratic caucus. Local channels and CNN just called the Dem for Clinton, which surprised my mother because she just said there were more than double the people for Obama than Clinton at her caucus.

Edit to add: RP is now in 2nd place by 15 votes.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Ron paul just took over 2nd with 3286 at 13% over Mccain at 3273 at 12%
(fox news)
Go Ron !!!

On a side note,... I wonder if our local conspiracy master John Lear made it to the caucus since he lives in Las Vegas?

Maybe I'll slip on over to his forum and ask him, ya know,... to get a first hand account of the caucus atmosphere.

Later,...... Ausable_Bill

[edit on 19-1-2008 by Ausable_Bill]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
seriously though, how 'fair' is it to have bush/clinton/bush/clinton ... ??? to me it just seems the US is getting out of hand...
How Demoncratic can things be ??

I wonder how this planet became so crazy?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Things I pray for:
Elections in 2008 will be legit
Ron Paul runs on independent ticket so 2 party system is shattered
Ron Paul runs with Kucinich on independent ticket
Paul/Kucinich win by a landslide and records are broken
Paul/Kucinich then start the long and hard process of rebuilding our once great country
Bush/Cheney are convicted of war crimes
We find Laura Bush and set her free (where is she?)
The media gets convicted of fraud and sent to Siberia

That America will once again be the land of the free and the home of the brave.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

Well said, SEEWHATUDO. You should be a speech writer.

Again now, CNN is reporting problems with voting machines in S. Carolina. How many elections like this will we have to suffer through-- not knowing what is real and what is not? I believe it's all there to further confuse and demoralize the American people.

Paul is still ahead of McCain in Nevada, but CNN is showing McCain making a speech in S. Carolina. Where is Ron Paul?

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join