It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a few words about Mr. Paul

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Even tho I'm not american I have a very good thought about ron paul, the man seems transparent and honest, even humble.
If I could vote for ron paul I would, the guy seems so simple and direct, when some one is not telling the truth people will notice, but this guy has a way that you can tell that he wants a positive change, I think it would be good for the rest of the world if ron paul becomes presindet of united states, I have an admiration for him as a human being.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
In order to incite a "Revolution" we need to be heard,we ALL need to get of of our couches,and pry ourselves away from the computer and/or the TV, and GO VOTE ! That will prove tha t RP's "popularity" is not a fantasy,or a fluke...it is the only way to make our point. Even if the system is rigged,they will be forced to hear us if we come together and vote what we feel is right for this nation.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I truly hope Mr. Paul gets elected also. I'm sure he will do great things for this country. Although he will have alot of cleaning up 2 do. But i'm sure he's capable. Good Luck Ron Paul. U have my vote!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Golack

I don't need to know anything about him, it's just a politician like another, all i see is a political circus, always the same promises, always doing the right things before the election and after? The promises will be forget and those good actions will be forget because power make them turn into something very very ugly, if he become president we will speak about that!

I never voted and probably never will.

My view, your view, it's all.

As i don't want to stay offtopic, if you have more question or whatever u2u me.

edit: i stopped when i saw the 6 millions but there i look a bit down and what i saw 12 MILLIONS, 12 millions dollars for posters and holyday trips, what you call "donation to the future of humanity" give me the bad felling that i will puke all my stomach content very soon, and frankly how this could be the future of the humanity?
Because frankly, again, if the futur of the humanity is the american way of life, if prefer put a gun in my mouth and shot right now!!!!

[edit on 18-12-2007 by ufopunx]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Wow I think is the correct expression for this thread and the course it has taken. But to the point; I started out looking at Fred Thompson for my vote and in the last 3 months my eyes, mind and common sense was rudely awakened by this forum and a couple others. I as well as many Conservatives voted for President Bush twice. And now I feel I have been kicked in the teeth. I recently been noticeing a GREAT many RP signs and..
..graffiti posted around my city calling for a REVOLUTION. And to be honest if my Grandfather was alive today he would be backing Ron Paul, take note he was a career Army officer as well. As of today I have jumped ship and am heading for Ron Paul. But I feel that what I have learned in the past 3 months, Ron Paul is going to have to get in America's face and slam the TRUTH home. Will America listen? Will the NWO Elite let us hear him? I think the answer is a resounding NO! So with all great REVOLUTIONS the people will have to take up arms (Internet, Signs, Banners, Public Forums, and VOTING) and help make America listen.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by Airborne Elite]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Airborne Elite

Yes sir I live in a town of maybe 300 or so and I see signs stickers etc....Oh and my son is in Iraq as we speak so reguardless of rumors we that actually have family invested in that do want our family and friends home now......Also I know alot of others that think the same way.....It is amazing what we can do with just communicating with others.....

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AmethystSD

I didn't say it that way.
The point was people prefer give their money to someone for do what i said upper than give this money to those who really need it.

Seriously what will he do with all this money? buy poster with his head on it and all stuff like that for his campaign, 6 millions for posters,pencil,pictures.... THIS is weak.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ufopunx

Well I would normally agree with you. I haven't voted in the last 2 elections and didn't plan to vote in this one because they do all look like lieing bastards. But Ron Paul is different and if you look into it you will see that normal people like you and me all over the country are starting to see this and are supporting him. He has the genuine look of a real honest person, somebody you could have a conversation with and not think he is a total elitist jerk.

Just go to youtube and watch a few of his videos.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by Golack]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ufopunx

The cash is for those that really need it RP is the working mans friend.....Also isnt this what all the candidates are doing spending money they get as contributions from suporters for advertisement so they can win????? Obviously you have a problem with RP.....Why does it matter to you what others do with their money so much....No one is keeping you from donating to the poor.....We live in a free market still dont we???? Sorry I donated to RP and I also donated to the "red" bucket at Wal -Mart aswell I also gave 5 different Elmo dolls to "toys for Tots".....So what you are saying is bogus about RP supporters......Just another smear attempt...

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Even tho I'm not american I have a very good thought about ron paul, the man seems transparent and honest, even humble.
If I could vote for ron paul I would, the guy seems so simple and direct, when some one is not telling the truth people will notice, but this guy has a way that you can tell that he wants a positive change, I think it would be good for the rest of the world if ron paul becomes presindet of united states, I have an admiration for him as a human being.

Absolutely my same feelings. Ron Paul among other candidates like Mike Gravel seem so candid and honest about their political ideas that you can tell by their actions and words that they have not been bought out or manipulated. There is also the feeling with Ron Paul that he is not a corrupt individual, whereas I struggle not to see candidates like Rudy Goon-liani as a crook in comparison. The way the majority candidates have high-jacked the media from the start was an obvious sign that the coming election is going to be forced on us.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
i saw paul interviewed on CNN earlier today, i must say they were respectful and actually allowed him to answer. CNN has given him alot of press since the nov 5th money bomb. thumbs up to those guys.

Same goes for Glenn Beck, he was courteous, allowed him to speak, and asked alot of questions the anti paul crown should hear the answers to.
Hats of to these folks for giving him a fair shake finally.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This is for all of you RP detractors…….. What I find absolutely hilarious is the FACT! That Dr. Paul is fighting for your right to say what you want; he is defending your constitution. So go ahead and say what you want, at least right now you can. But if Dr. Paul dose not get elected you will not have this right for very long. In fact the patriot act says they can do whatever they want, when ever they want! Including locking your stupid A$$es up for speaking your mind (Thought Crimes); and it’s just going to get worse.

Come on…. I mean are you detractors really that uneducated?? Do you actually believe that any other candidate has your best interests in mind… Give it a rub! Wake up and read a book,, that is assuming you know how to read! Seriously, if you don’t support Dr. Paul you simply are not educated enough to make a decisions, I’ll bet you can’t even tie your own shoes!

I am speaking for my self and EVERY Canadian I personally know: If Dr. Paul some how get’s screwed by you morons, or you guys rig the elections AGAIN!! I will NEVER do business with any American company, purchase any of your products, nor will I EVER travel to your country! My only hope is that the detractors can get educated on this subject; the fate of the free world is at stake!

Do you really think that your foreign policy only affects you????

Dr. Paul needs to be elected, so he can bring your troops out of your illegally declared wars, from countries witch you have no business in. If you tried that $H!T here you would have no chance, Think about.. If you invaded Canada we would hate you too with good reason! And then your DUMB A$$ media would be calling us Terrorist for defending our boarders! What a joke!

To all who support Dr. Paul, I send my sincere love and respect to you! You can make the world a better place, don’t give up! and Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Flagged this thread a while back. Is it even worth reading? I recall SouthernBelle82 ruining it early on, but here I am, checking back, and he has negative points and a Double Warning, and it seems that he has (had) COMPLETELY deterred the topic.

Anyway, yeah, there is an obvious black-out by the MSM (Mainstream Media, the abbreviation that has just randomly been used frequently, which may be a conspiracy in itself). I just hope the general population can see this and understand exactly WHY they're blocking him out.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel 1

This not only against Ron but against all other candidate, past actual and next, i was just shocked when i saw 12millions dollars of donation when you know this money would be use for better things.
It's always the same "this one he is not like the others, bla bla bla...", but one day you'll see that he is just like the others.

If you think make a donation was good for you and feel ok with that so no prob, it's your choice don't be sorry for that
, and yes everybody do what they want with their money, it's this amount of money that make me angry.

Tell me what he did with it and we will talk again of it!

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I do not live in USA, but I follow your news and I am a supporter of Ron Paul more or less. I have read through much of his views on various issues but I would like to get some clarification on a couple of questions from those who know more.

1. What of the handicapped people? What of the orphans? It seems to me he does not want to spend tax-payers money on these people. But how do they survive? I think he means that people should help people and state should not get involved, but isn't that a bit utopian at this point and at this age?

2. Coming from a young NATO state I find it dishearting that RP would not get involved in any military alliances. I certainly lose some enthusiasm if he sais he would not support Europe in case of Russian invasion (however unlikely it is).

3. I can respect his views on economy. However good his ideal world looks like however, how would he go ahead and implement these changes? The current system was built over 50+ years. Trying to make a quick change will probably bring the whole country into chaos, much by the doing of those people who have so much power right now.

I just feel that with the Ron Paul movement, USA is moving towards a true revolution. And not a happy and good one. It will get bloody and messy, whatever the outcome of the vote. Please tell me that I am wrong.

Edit: wording

[edit on 19-12-2007 by Alphard]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufopunx
It's always the same "this one he is not like the others, bla bla bla...", but one day you'll see that he is just like the others.

You don't seem to understand... Probably 80% of us (Ron Paul supporters) have never voted, exactly for the same reason you expressed above. We all know exactly what you're talking about because we've felt the same for as long as we can remember. But please, for the sake of your country -- BELIEVE ME when I say... Ron Paul is DEFINATELY NOT like the other politicians! We're not asking you to just trust us, because we have absolutely nothing to hide in support of Ron Paul. We simply encourage people to go check it out themselves. Just do some reading up, or watch a video. It really shouldn't take long for you to realise what the fuss is about, and that he really IS the real deal!

That's all we ask... may be the most important thing you can do right now. Give it a chance... the least you can do.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
i'm currently reading a book written by ron paul.
i think its important for me to tell you folks who think Paul is like the others is that dating back to the 80's Ron Paul had the EXACT same views he has now, and his voting record shows this. As far as i can see all the other candidates have flip flopped on some of the issues. He isnt connected with the scumbags in washington like the various "thinktanks" and foreign policy advisors who steered Bush into war.
Romney has tons of support from the former bush team and family
Guiliani's foreign policy advisor has strongly advised bombing iran, and is a member of some shady thinktanks..
mccain has alot of advisors from the same groups
clinton and obama have both pledged to continue the status quo supporting one side over the other in the israeli palestinian conflict.

A vote for anyone but Ron Paul is a step in the SAME direction.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by untouchable

From one Canadian to another, thank you. I am spreading the word to people I know about RP. They ask why it matters if it's a U.S. election... I think what some still believe is that countries are still separated by sovereignty and borders.

When I heard RP talk about the NAU (North American Union) I understood that if any other person is elected besides him, then the country my parents moved to and battled hard to make it, might lose those same rights that we earned by becoming a Canadian citizens.

You see many people from many countries in Canada, and they love the freedoms we have. I just wonder how many will be left if NAU goes through.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Alphard

I believe you are misinterpreting what Dr. Paul says. His policy is to return the US to the country it was designed to be. Not eliminate social funding but get the Federal government out of it. Place the responsibility back into the States' hands where it was intended.

RP understands that the USA's meddling in the business of other countries has done nothing to make anyone safer. It is a monumental drain on our economy and our nation. We can't play world policeman anymore and never should have.

In short, we just can't keep going in the direction we have been. It isn't working --- for anyone. Will these changes happen overnight? Of course not. It would be a lengthy, contentious process. There are a large number of vested interests that will fight tooth-and-nail to preserve the status quo. Electing Ron Paul to the Presidency is an uphill battle. And we know that. More importantly, it's only PART of the battle. We also need to unseat all the career politicians in our Congress that have promoted and facilitated this mess.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Alphard

I would assume that you mean that he would not want to spend federal money on these programs. You have to remember that Paul wants to elimintate the IRS, so there would be no "tax-dollars" to spend period.

Again, the premise is simple, elimintate big government and return to individual responsibility. Along with this, individual States would have the responsibility of dealing with these situatuions.

I'm not picking on you but wanted to use what you said as an example. What you said in your post is atypical of the midset that most people have when living with a government that takes care of you cradle to grave. At some point in your life you're taught that you don't have to take care of yoruself, the government will do that for you. You develop a "what can government do for me" instead of "I am responsible for myself" mindset.

When statements like this arise, they only underscore how entrenched into our daily lives that government has become. Every one looks to the fed to resolve these issues and very few people realize that the States should bear this burden as it were intended.

[edit on 19-12-2007 by Freenrgy2]

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join