It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE RAPTURE: The Greatest Upheaval of Nature

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
boy some people are going too have a serious shock next year when things start unfolding... and when it does it will happen fast.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
LEFT BEHIND, is a great end of times book series, and now movie series.

if you go rent the first movie you'll be going back to the store the next day for the next two movies, seriously.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I am not SAM for SAM is dead.

This was quite the ever consuming dogmatic read of recent application.

If one were to pursue an agenda of sterile investigation and interpret the teachings of the varied religions throughout time, one would surely have arrived at the intentions, moral applications, origins of "said" religions.

It always amazes me that persons of great moral authority can only tout their given religion. Most often they cannot and will not entertain any other percievable enlightenment than that which they bear.

I cast no doubt and reject no one person or their means. To do so would only leave me wanting... For, who am I? Who am I to judge. One cannot bear witness if one is not studied. Even so with learned knowledge, one can then only deliver the word; written or born upon flesh.

Plsease, if I may ask, do study the writings of the ancients. Not just the dogmatic teaching of a book written, and then re-written. Take care to note that today's newest bibles speak of a creator, not God. Take care to note that ancient Hebrew text refers to Gods not God (in various areas). Take note that the original commandment "Thou shalt not Kill" was originally written "Thou shalt not Murder".

Pay heed to your heart whenever you have doubt for we are guided by not the written word of those who tout the Moral Authority. But, rather, we are guided by the simplicity of love; the ever miraculous ability to be the light.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

The Rapture is Our Blessed Hope to escape the coming tribulation.
Live right, die right(if you have to die!)

I feel that

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

To be born-again, all you have to do is tell God you believe in His Son, and ask Jesus to forgive you. With Sincerity. That's All!
Jesus will do the rest.

Nay,God does not have a son...He has no need for a son...every being on earth and in heaevn must come to the lord as a servant...in repentance...God is one mighty being...all you need to do is read the qur'an majid and you will find out the truth. Jesus was the Son Of mary not the Son of God...trully in that is something grevious to the lord and is certainly ancient "sun" worship. Jesus/Isa was a meesenger,the same as Noah,Moses..and other countless prophets.The truth is there is only one god..and no others besides him.

Certainly the Day of Lord is coming..when the earth will be leveled out..and the sky shaken terribly...and god will gather all of mankind before his throne..and then will be the Day of Judgement...noone can delay it or push it forward by a second.

Let whosoever will make a straight return to his Lord.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Believe the Bible if you want but you can't take what want out of it and discard the rest.

Which is exactly what "Rupture" believers do... They have totally ignored my posts about how the bible CLEARLY indicates that there WILL BE NO "RUPTURE" of the church and pretend as if the "RUPTURE" is going to happen... There are going to be many,many diappointed people, I fear.. but believe as you wish
I'll just sit back and laugh in my knowledge.

[edit on 6-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
TheSonOfMan: In the Quran in Maryim God (whom you call Allah) says about the creation of Isa (Jesus) the son of Mary, "Is that too hard for me?". God(whom you call Allah) states that He is the creator of Jesus in Mary's womb without a natural father.

All of us are the son of a man and a woman. Only Adam was a son made from the earth itself without father or mother. God is the father of Adam. Jesus was conceived in the womb by God(whom you call Allah), that is, God takes responisibility and claims that Jesus came from Him alone inside the womb of Mary. If Jesus came because of God and Mary id His mother, and God takes responsibility for His conception, Jesus is therefore the Son of God. God(whom you call Allah) even states in the Quran that it was not a hard thing for Him, or, is anything to hard for me..."

Only Adam and Jesus can claim a direct link to God the Father, the rest of us can only claim to be the product of human conception, except that is, if you accept the forgiveness that Jesus has offered and you become a son of God by being reborn of His Spirit. Jesus makes this possible for us. All we need do is receive it and it is ours. Without it we will be lost.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rezial666
Take care to note that ancient Hebrew text refers to Gods not God (in various areas).

Please provide us with examples. I am interested to know to what you are referring.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkanjel

Please provide us with examples. I am interested to know to what you are referring.

Elohim is plural, not singular...

With that being said, it is probably more a reference to the "Seven Spirits" of God rather than separate entities..So..

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by shiman
reply to post by ViewFromTheStars

Jesus's language was so old that it didn't have much words for different things, making it more easy to be twisted.

Im sorry but this is possibly the most ignorant statement I have seen. Jesus most likely spoke Aramaic. He lived within a Roman controlled area. The main or common language spoken was koine greek. The word "Koine" means "common"; it is not a bad designation, therefore, for a language which was a common medium of exchange for diverse peoples. The Koine, then is the Greek world language that prevailed from about 300 B.C. to the close of ancient history at about A.D. 500.

If you want to deride somebody, please make sure you have your facts straight. Since this uninformed post you made, you have constantly called Christians stupid among many other things. Please refrain from these comments as they do nothing to further your cause, but cast you in an otherwise negative light.

Im sorry, but i didnt call christians stupid. I called christians mislead. But thats your choice. Be christian, or be something else. I dont care.

His language, arameic language he spoke was not developed enough for english translation when Jesus spoke it. That and the new testament itself wasnt created untill about 200 years after his death.

You used uninformed wrongly, basically calling ME stupid. This post is not uninformed.

Also, out to some of you, QUIT TWISTING MY WORDS!!! That is very anoying.

[edit on 6-12-2007 by shiman]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Thank you for wording it better.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by shiman

Shiman, if it threatens some people's tidy little box of what they have always been told is the "truth," they personally attack a person. I wouldn't take it too personally if I were you, just consider the source of the insult and let it go.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

My "box" is bacically missing four walls and a roof. The reason i joined ats is because i learned everything is not what it seemes. I have realized that 2012 will bring change. But i've read alot from both sides of the rapture story. One side has no evidence except quotes that may have been twisted. The other has more evidence than just quotes.

I engage people like this because i can learn from them. Not the stupid stuff either, like "he is stupid", or "he is ignorant", I mean real info. So no, i dont do this because my "box" is threatened. I do this because i want more than a single sided story.

p.s. to anyone I just found my bible, so bring it!

[edit on 6-12-2007 by shiman]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by shiman

shiman, I think you took me the wrong way... What I was saying is that the only reason someone was attacking you is because THEIR box was being threatened... Sorry if you misunderstood. I thought I was being clear.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Then sorry about the long speech

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by shiman

Ok let me start over.

First of all calling someone uninformed is not calling them stupid. Sorry you took it that way. The definition I use is this.

uninformed: Not having, showing, or making use of information; not informed: uninformed voters; an uninformed decision.

I was using the word in refrence to your post about :
Jesus's language was so old that it didn't have much words for different things, making it more easy to be twisted.

His language was translated into Greek, then into Latin. Our current english language is rooted in Latin. So to call His language easily twisted is an uninformed comment. Nobody is twisting your words here, I assure you.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Surely you dont think I was attacking him? If I was afraid of somebody threatening my tidy little box of what they have always been told is the "truth," then I would not even be on this forum.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I searched a bit on the word Eloihim and came up with this. Ill keep looking for more sources.

What about "Eloihim"

"Eloihim" of Gen 1:1 is a plural Hebrew noun which always uses a singular verb when referring to men and pagan gods (ie.. Psa 32:6) Eloihim does not mean a plural Trinity God or a plural diety any more than these plural words (water, life, face, and heaven) mean more than one.

Eloihim is used of pagan gods in scripture, but none of them are plural false gods. They are singular as well. See ...Ashtoreth of 2Kings 11:15, ...Baal-berith of Judges 8:33, ...Baal-zebub of 2Kings 1:23, ...Chemosh of Judges 11:24, ...Dagon of Judges 16:23, ...Nisroch of 2Kings 19:37.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

reply to post by shiman

Ok let me start over.

First of all calling someone uninformed is not calling them stupid. Sorry you took it that way. The definition I use is this.

uninformed: Not having, showing, or making use of information; not informed: uninformed voters; an uninformed decision.

I was using the word in refrence to your post about :

His language was translated into Greek, then into Latin. Our current english language is rooted in Latin. So to call His language easily twisted is an uninformed comment. Nobody is twisting your words here, I assure you.

You used uninformed in place of stupid so mods couldnt see what you really ment.

Greek is in NO WAY related to latin. In fact, greek has been around longer than latin. Latin is a much different language than english. English may be related, but the words meanings have changed sense the beginnings of the english language. And my quote is not mis, or un, informed

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Surely you dont think I was attacking him? If I was afraid of somebody threatening my tidy little box of what they have always been told is the "truth," then I would not even be on this forum.

You would be on this forum if you dont know you had a tiny little box

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join