It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE RAPTURE: The Greatest Upheaval of Nature

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkanjel
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I searched a bit on the word Eloihim and came up with this. Ill keep looking for more sources.

What about "Eloihim"

"Eloihim" of Gen 1:1 is a plural Hebrew noun which always uses a singular verb when referring to men and pagan gods (ie.. Psa 32:6) Eloihim does not mean a plural Trinity God or a plural diety any more than these plural words (water, life, face, and heaven) mean more than one.

Eloihim is used of pagan gods in scripture, but none of them are plural false gods. They are singular as well. See ...Ashtoreth of 2Kings 11:15, ...Baal-berith of Judges 8:33, ...Baal-zebub of 2Kings 1:23, ...Chemosh of Judges 11:24, ...Dagon of Judges 16:23, ...Nisroch of 2Kings 19:37.

And did you try to use the dictionary?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by shiman

Originally posted by sizzle

I said around the time Christianity started, that was at least 200 years after christ died.

This notion that the New Testament was written two centuries after the death of Christ is wrong.

Matthew was written in the early part of A.D. 50
Mark was written shortly before the destruction of the temple in A.D. 70.
Even Revelation was written A.D. 95

I could go on.

Sometimes people hear somebody say someting and automatically believe it without any proof of their accuracy. These are the same people that believe that the Jews have no claim to the holy land. Most of the entire New Testament was written in the first century before the destruction of the second temple.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Crappin' aye. I hate this stuff.The Tribulation, Armagedon, The End Times.. blah, blah. These things won't happen bcuz the Bible says so- These things will happen bcuz there are millions of Christians who are willing it to be so. I think it'll come to fruition, these events. Not bcuz of the bible, but bcuz of the energy expended on them by Christians. I believe Our thoughts manifest and become Our reality. Hey, great. There's only 1 small problem. I don't want to be involved!! Freedom of religion/choice is a wonderful thing but why do You have to screw it up for EVERYBODY? It's not like I can get off the ride. I mean, You are in the process of creating Our future and You're taking those of Us who choose to not believe the way You do down with You. So, do I really have 'freedom of religion'? Believe in God-faith is a great thing. As for Me, I choose to hope that one day everyone will realize that We are all a part of the whole, that We are all one in the same and accept each other as such- To enjoy My family and My experiences to fullest..or until You decide to visit Your obsessions on Me and Mine.

Peace. K*

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
As a Christian, I'm about 90% sure there is a rapture and about 10% doubtful. In my opinion the one thing inarguable thing that alludes to a rapture is the following:

In His Olivet discourse, Jesus emphatically states at least half a dozen times in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, and Luke that nobody knows the day or the hour of His return.

But this conflicts with the information we are given in Daniel (the verse Jesus quotes partially here). We are told after the abomination of desolation in the Temple, there will be 1,290 until Jesus returns and an additional 45 day gap after the battle of Armageddon and the 1,000 year reign of Christ.

So, we don't know when He will return (for the rapture) then we are told exactly when He will return (the glorious appearing).

Then there are the possible rapture references:

1) "Listen I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep [die] but we will all be changed in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye at the last trumpet..."

Sounds like a rapture. But it could refer to Jesus' glorious appearing. Although, this wouldn't make much since Paul says the people involved in this occurrence will become immortal and there is nothing in the Scripture that says those living during the millennial reign will be anything but human. This verse is a possibility fitting either scenario so this is a 50/50.

2) "...For the Lord Himself will come down from heaven with a loud command... and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air."

Again, it sounds like the rapture and is very similar to the concept in the verse above but look at the context (I Thes 5:2-3). It talks about how God's people know that God is coming but the wicked will be totally unaware. This could mean either the righteous are ready for the rapture while the wicked are not or it could mean the righteous know that Jesus is coming at the end of the tribulation while the wicked do not know the Antichrist's empire is about to end. Another 50/50.

Then there are those completely taken out of context:

"Two men will be in the field. One will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill. One will be taken and the other left." Matthew 24:40

Many rapture teachers claim this refers to people disappearing from the earth at the time of the rapture. But look at the context:

-The people will be like in the days before the flood (wicked).
-They knew nothing of what was about to happen (they either did not know or mocked Noah for his warnings to them).
-They were all swept away with the flood waters (the wicked were the ones killed while Noah and his family, the righteous, were saved).

Why on earth would God's righteous be compared to the wicked people swept away in the flood? No, this is talking about the evil being taken away while the righteous are left during Christ's reign.

In the verses above, Jesus says at His arrival He will send the angels with a loud trumpet. Sound familiar? A trumpet was sounded in the above verses- the last) trumpet when the righteous will be gathered. Jesus is of course talking about what happens AFTER the tribulation.

Lastly:

50/50 Chance: I've heard it said that in Revelation, the church is mentioned dozens of times in the first few chapters but then disappears from the book (while the tribulation is occurring) and reappears once it is over. Although Revelation is mostly in chronological order, it is not completely in chronological order so this is not a definite proof of the rapture.

90/10 Chance: Then there is Revelation 3:10 that says some will be kept from the trial that is coming on the whole earth. Sounds like the rapture.

In conclusion: The only thing that I feel positively refers to a rapture is the fact that no one knows the day of the rapture but we know exactly when the glorious appearing will be.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by cloakndagger

That's the spirit!
(but, you have to be born-again.)

Born-again? No thanks, I was born right the first time. ;-)

Originally posted by Merle8
~snippage~ It would be really trippy if every Christian disappeared though, maybe I could get one of their swank houses.

Honestly, I wonder if it would be possible for those planning to depart during "The Rapture" to leave some of their worldly goods to us heathens. I could use some new(er) things: tires for my car, a fridge, and a microwave. Any takers?

Originally posted by Neariah
reply to post by luxor311

I would rather live in my security.. then your insecurity... if I get to the end of my road and find that I have lived my life as a christian for nothing than I have lost nothing.... but if you live your life as a non christian and reach your destination only to find out that you were wrong... you will have lost everything..~snip~

But what if you're wrong, not because there is nothing, but because you were supposed to worship, say, Zeus? In other words, what makes Christianity different from any other religion? All (well, most) of them say "we are the one true way".

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth~~Snip~~You can't take parts of the Bible you want to use and discard the rest. ...~snip~..Believe the Bible if you want but you can't take what want out of it and discard the rest.

In that case, might I offer the following:

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 “If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.”

Leviticus 26:30 “And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.”

Proverbs 13:24, 19:18, 22:15, 23:13-14 & 29:15 God commands repeatedly that you beat your children.

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

There are more, but this is a good start.
So, if our children disobey us as parents, we are encouraged to beat them and eat them! O_O?
We are also encouraged to own slaves, and do the same to them. O_O?

[edit on 7-12-2007 by MaatiHemet]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   

original post by Clearskies

How long did it take Lot and his family to trek out of Sodom before the fire and brimstone fell?
How long were Noah and his family in the ark before the flood.

This judgement is slightly different than those, in that The Strong delusion of the antichrist is the first seal of 7. Along with the 7 vials and 7 bowls.

Also, Genesis 7:10
says "And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth."

Reference to seven years Tribulation.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Clearskies]

Read on towards Genesis 7:13 :"In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark;"

They entered and it rained. On the same day.

Lot and his family were barely out of harm's way, when the fire fell. they were still close enough for his wife to have second thoughts about leaving the valley. They were made it to Zoar, when the destruction came in.

If all God's true children are to be taken before the Mark, that would turn Revelation 13:14-17 and 14:9-12 and 15:2 into a contradiction/lie.

1. Worship the Beast Deny the Beast
2. Accept his mark Reject his mark
3. Live in peaceful oppression Die in oppressed Peace
4. Burn in the Lake of Fire Live in the New Earth
(no, not Newerth)

[edit on 7-12-2007 by J.Smit]

[edit on 7-12-2007 by J.Smit]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpenSystem
The day fundamentalist Christians are ruptured will be the day tribulation ends for the rest of the world.

To all those indoctrinated Pentecostal Christians, be free, realise Christ is not a man named Jesus. Do not be deceived; free your mind of fear.

God is to big for the box you are creating.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by OpenSystem]

Exactly. Don't box Him in. And you are right: on the day Jesus Christ comes to take His people from this earth, the rest are going to be submitted under Him; and His followers are going to reign as kings with Him for a thousand years. In justice and love, not the Worldly Demo(-n-)cracy.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   

It means, born from 'Above'.

Honestly, I wonder if it would be possible for those planning to depart during "The Rapture" to leave some of their worldly goods to us heathens. I could use some new(er) things: tires for my car, a fridge, and a microwave. Any takers?

You can have my stuff. My family and I won't need it.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 “If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.”

This was written for Israel. As a sovereign nation.
It was nullified when the veil of the temple was rent in two at Jesus' crucification.

Leviticus 26:30 “And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.”

Give some context to your quotes.

This is God,s warning given to Israel for worshiping heathen idols!

It seems many times in history, when Jerusalem was besieged, they would starve and then eat their own or others children! (As did other nations.)

Proverbs 13:24, 19:18, 22:15, 23:13-14 & 29:15 God commands repeatedly that you beat your children.

You sound like you didn't get many spankings growing up.
God didn't mean hitting them across the face with sticks or breaking bones,
not the same thing at all!

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

I'm not an expert on anthropology, but, I believe these people were already for sale and for an upright Israeli to buy them would be a lot better than the alternative.
I myself helped pay for Sudanese slaves held by the northern muslims to be BOUGHT back in around 1999, through Breakthrough ministries, because there was NO other way to save these people then, when Mr. Clinton didn't seem to be doing anything, nor the U.N.
Do you think that was evil???
14 (and younger) year old children in chains on their way to northern Sudan
to atrocities by those that hate them?
I can't remember the price for one, but if their captors were paid, they would sell them.
BTW, breakthrough ministries was one of the few organizations where you would even HEAR of those slaveries!

So, if our children disobey us as parents, we are encouraged to beat them and eat them! O_O?

You sound young, so you have time to learn the truth.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaatiHemet

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by cloakndagger

That's the spirit!
(but, you have to be born-again.)

Originally posted by Merle8
~snippage~ It would be really trippy if every Christian disappeared though, maybe I could get one of their swank houses.

Originally posted by Neariah
reply to post by luxor311

I would rather live in my security.. then your insecurity... if I get to the end of my road and find that I have lived my life as a christian for nothing than I have lost nothing.... but if you live your life as a non christian and reach your destination only to find out that you were wrong... you will have lost everything..~snip~

But what if you're wrong, not because there is nothing, but because you were supposed to worship, say, Zeus? In other words, what makes Christianity different from any other religion? All (well, most) of them say "we are the one true way".

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth~~Snip~~You can't take parts of the Bible you want to use and discard the rest. ...~snip~..Believe the Bible if you want but you can't take what want out of it and discard the rest.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by MaatiHemet]

Tell me your standing in this argument. This post above this text is very double sided

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BugZyZuncle

I said around the time Christianity started, that was at least 200 years after christ died.

This notion that the New Testament was written two centuries after the death of Christ is wrong.

Matthew was written in the early part of A.D. 50
Mark was written shortly before the destruction of the temple in A.D. 70.
Even Revelation was written A.D. 95

I could go on.

Sometimes people hear somebody say someting and automatically believe it without any proof of their accuracy. These are the same people that believe that the Jews have no claim to the holy land. Most of the entire New Testament was written in the first century before the destruction of the second temple.

OK i was wrong, but it was written and appearently compiled a good chunk of time after jesus's death.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arkanjel
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I searched a bit on the word Eloihim and came up with this. Ill keep looking for more sources.

What about "Eloihim"

"Eloihim" of Gen 1:1 is a plural Hebrew noun which always uses a singular verb when referring to men and pagan gods (ie.. Psa 32:6) Eloihim does not mean a plural Trinity God or a plural diety any more than these plural words (water, life, face, and heaven) mean more than one.

Eloihim is used of pagan gods in scripture, but none of them are plural false gods. They are singular as well. See ...Ashtoreth of 2Kings 11:15, ...Baal-berith of Judges 8:33, ...Baal-zebub of 2Kings 1:23, ...Chemosh of Judges 11:24, ...Dagon of Judges 16:23, ...Nisroch of 2Kings 19:37.

And did you try to use the dictionary?

Since you asked, here is what the dictionary says:

dictionary.reference.com...

E·lo·him
–noun
God, esp. as used in the Hebrew text of the Old Testament.

n. A name for God in the Hebrew Scriptures.

Elohim
a name of God in the Bible, 1605, from Heb., pl. (of majesty?) of Eloh "God," a word of unknown etymology, perhaps an augmentation of El "God," also of unknown origin. Generally taken as singular, the use of this word instead of Yahveh is taken by biblical scholars as an important clue to authorship in the O.T.

So according to the online dictionary Elohim refers to God in the singular.

Wikipedia confirms this but also goes on to show how the word is used to denote multiple gods. I will say that when multiple gods are referred to, they are done so explicitly so as not to be confused when referring to the one true God.

en.wikipedia.org...

Elohim (אֱלוֹהִים , אלהים ) is a Hebrew word which expresses concepts of divinity. It is apparently related to the Hebrew word ēl, though morphologically it consists of the Hebrew word Eloah (אלוה) with a plural suffix. Elohim is the third word in the Hebrew text of Genesis and occurs frequently throughout the Hebrew Bible. Its exact significance is often disputed.

In some cases (e.g. Exodus 3:4, "... Elohim called unto him out of the midst of the bush ..."), it acts as a singular noun in Hebrew grammar (see next section), and is then generally understood to denote the single God of Israel. In other cases, Elohim acts as an ordinary plural of the word Eloah (אלוה), and refers to the polytheistic notion of multiple gods (for example, Exodus 20:3, "Thou shalt have no other gods before me."). This may reflect the use of the word "Elohim" found in the late Bronze Age texts of Canaanite Ugarit, where Elohim ('lhm) denoted the entire Canaanite pantheon (the family of El אל, the patriarchal creator god).

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
rapture believers are the funniest of all people

why do you think there will be a rapture?

not even the chosen 144,000 are raptured, whats makes you so special to get raptured

you are not chosen

please explain, why you think there is a pre-trib rapture, jesus doesnt appear again till after all the seals and trumpets

read your bible, get it right

thanks

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkanjel

And thats how you look at more than just the bible for refrence

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
not even the chosen 144,000 are raptured, whats makes you so special to get raptured

read your bible, get it right

Judging by my above comment you will see I'm not 100% sure of a rapture. Even still, I think it is you who may need to read your Bible a little closer. The 144,000 are Jews who accept Jesus as the Messiah after the tribulation begins. If there is a pretribulation rapture, these 144,000 are not included because they currently reject Jesus as the Messiah.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaAdonna
Stop and take a look around you. We're already in the midst of the Tribulation my friend. It won't be long before the hourglass is completely empty.

One Truth

No offense but this has been said since the days of the bible. I've heard the EXACT same thing from people in the 70's, 80's, 90's, 1999-2000, etc... and people have been saying the EXACT same thing LONG, LONG before that. So why should I believe YOU this time? Since you have invoked a basic time frame, when do you specifically expect the hourglass to run out? Thanks for your post.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   

reply to post by TheOracle

hi oracle, interesting name. are you a seer or a prophet or is that just a name you chose? i also wanted to ask you about the timeline of 2012 that you gave. if you don't mind.

Hi Sizzle, sorry for this late response but in brief I often have premonitions and I saw the "Rapture" as well. As for the date 2012, I am not certain 100% since my premonitions don't have time stamps on them. But with my research and observation I concluded 2012 is the best candidate, but it could happen tomorrow or in 20 years!

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

As you say the 144000 are jews. But they are also priests/preachers to the jewish people at that time.. Thus invalidating claims by certain cults who try to pretend they are part of 144000.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Hi/

Before I begin to write what I have come here for, 'do you know how many 'RAPTURE' threads there are ATS' alone?
Far too many!
And so,

Nowhere in the Bible does it speak of a 'RAPTURE', It is NOT part of the teachings of Christ!
It never was!
The verse in the Scriptures that many seem to refer to as official proof for their being a 'RAPTURE' is USED at funerals!
It has always been used at funerals.

"Then we who are left alive will be carried off together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and thus we shall always be with the Lord." Less popular but often cited is Matthew 24:40-42, "Then there will be two in the field. One will be taken and the other left. Two will be grinding at the mill. One will be taken and the other left. Therefore, be vigilant, for you do not know on what day your Lord will come."verse, I Thess 4:17
St. Gregory of Nyssa says that the ascension is a natural consequence of the purity of the transfigured resurrection body: "...this change which takes place...
when the resurrection trumpet sounds which awakens the dead in an instant transforms those who are left alive to incorruptibility according to the likeness of those who have undergone the resurrection change, so that the bulk of the flesh is no longer heavy nor does its weight hold them down to earth, but they rise up through the air..." ("On the Making of Man" 22,6).

references

On Jesus Christs second coming?
"Then they will see the Son of Man,
coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory,
and all His angels with Him … Then He will sit on the throne of His glory…" (Mt. 24:30, 25:31, Mk. 13:26).
Christs second coming wont be like His first coming!

First He came to give His soul for the salvation of many; then He will come to judge the world and recompense everyone according to his deeds.[Acts 17:31; Mt. 24:27]

"For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west; so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
" Prior to this, the "sign of the Son of Man will appear in Heaven," and having seen it,
"all the peoples of the world will mourn" (Mt. 24:30)
The early church never taught a 'RAPTURE'.......
Christ Himself never spoke of a Rapture!
The Apostles never spoke of a Rapture!

And
"Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep,
but we shall all be changed; in a moment,
in the twinkling of an eye,
at the last trumpet.
For the trumpet will sound,
and the dead will be raised incorruptible,
and we shall be changed.
For this corruptible must put on incorruption,
and this mortal must put on immortality" (1 Cor. 15:51-53)

Scripture also says,''for the sake of the elect,their suffering wont be long,this time will be shortened (Mat. 24:21-22)
Unless one dies before the coming of the Antichrist, all shall experience suffering!
Suffering Christ spoke of....He said that for His sake you will suffer ...
When the earth shall be transformed/renewed.....Thousand years before Christ was even born.....the Psalmist said: "Of old You laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands.
They will perish,
but You will endure; Yes, all of them will grow old like a garment; Like a cloak You will change them,
And they will be changed.
But You are the same,
And Your years will have no end" (Psalm. 102:25-27)

Why do we have .....
"Death is swallowed up in victory........" (1 Cor. 15:26 and 54)
Because death is no more....the earthly body is shed and the new one is replaced.
This new Heaven and New Earth........
"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, as the previous heaven and earth have gone, and the sea is no more." chap/21 of Revelation speaks of Gods Kingdom.

"they shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them,
nor any heat; for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of water.
And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." It will be as the prophet Isaiah summarizes: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him" (Rev. 7:16-17; Is. 64:4; 1 Cor. 2:9).
This speaks of immortality, because man shall not need food nor the Sun to survive.

And here are the many Rapture posts of ATS.....
here
and
here
and
here
and
here
and You get what is happening?
there are 84 known articles containing the word RAPTURE...
See here
Many pages to read.....

helen

EDIT.......the RAPTURE will not only confuse those true believers, but will be a deception for them them.This would make them believe that they are the 'chosen' ones selected to overcome the tribulation period that ALL people will go through..this is in Scripture....there will be no other way out.
What happens when there is no Rapture?
What then?

[edit on 12/8/2007 by helen670]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
i agree there will be no rapture, all will go through the tribulation together. But what will happen when the believers who think that there is a rapture, what will they do? they will be torn too pieces?

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Absolutely. I believe Mormons are the ones who distort this passage and claim there will only be 144,000 people in Heaven (mostly the elite and holiest Mormons who did the most for their religion). This is not remotely what the Bible says. The 144,000 are Jews who accept Jesus as the Messiah after the tribulation and fearlessly evangelize this to other Jews. Nothing more. Nothing less.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join