It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, I will not vaccinate my children!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Back in 1982 the California gay community was invited to free vaccinations (we were told it was Globulin shots) which would prevent the spread of HIV/Aids or what we called "gay cancer". This was just the beginning and the community was scared and many of my friends and myself went down to Laguna Beach for the vaccines. I opted out at the last minute- but every one of my friends who received the vaccine died within a year.

This was an event which led to a turning point in my distrust with government and health officials. After two years of burying friends it certainly seemed as if the gay community was being tagged and bagged. Many of my friend who were in long term monogamous relationships, and some friends who were not sexually promiscuous but held high positions in companies and careers- got these vaccines because there was no information how this disease was being spread. The quarantine year 1984 was very frightening and anyone around during this time in Souther California will tell you how scary this time really was.

I opted out at the last minute because I felt something was terribly wrong. It was just a feeling- intuition.

I am alive and they are all dead and gone.

And that's the truth about that.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dk3000
Back in 1982 the California gay community was invited to free vaccinations (we were told it was Globulin shots) which would prevent the spread of HIV/Aids or what we called "gay cancer". This was just the beginning and the community was scared and many of my friends and myself went down to Laguna Beach for the vaccines. I opted out at the last minute- but every one of my friends who received the vaccine died within a year.

Let me see if I can find any links to that free vaccination, and/or any mass deaths associated with it...

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
my point there wasnt to provide evidence of medicine or treatment, it was to show that there are whole alternative branches of medicine that allopathic doctors know absolutely nothing about. All the latest studies show that cholesterol is necessary, that Decreased cholesterol levels are linked to Increased mortality over the age of 50, and that statins give 0 total reduction in mortality due to heart attack or stroke, and damage liver over time, and yet they are still the #1 sold drug in america. Again, the point is that western doctors dont know everything, the majority of medicine is theory, most "studies" are done by pharmeceutical companies, and studies funded by groups with monetary interest are proven to most often favor the companies desired outcome, regardless of the "truth".
Western medicine is AWFUL for health maintenance. Its the best for emergency or trauma treatment, but as far as prevention goes, we are now ranked 37th among industrialized nations due to the "greatness" of our preventive healthcare...or lack thereof.
Many things are accepted truth in other countries where there is no corporate opposition making tons of money off of it but here in america they are considered controversial or debated, because the corporations stand to lose money when the truth comes out, such as Flouride, Global Warming, etc. Vaccines are debated worldwide because big pharma is a multinational megacorp, but i believe one day it will be grouped with the others.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Ah, here we go:

Globulin was a hep A/B vaccine. Had nothing to do with AIDS, and was never advertised as such, at least not as far as a SINGLE REFERENCE can be found.

Also may have nothing to do with these deaths, unless your friends all died of hep.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
my point there wasnt to provide evidence of medicine or treatment, it was to show that there are whole alternative branches of medicine that allopathic doctors know absolutely nothing about.

It showed that an anecdote was presented to you. It does not prove that there are "alternative" branches of medicine that are - largely - anything more than the same superstition that chained the human race down from the fall of Athens until the enlightenment.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dk3000
Back in 1982 the California gay community was invited to free vaccinations (we were told it was Globulin shots) I opted out at the last minute- but every one of my friends who received the vaccine died within a year.

Died of what, the shot or their lifestyles?

I got the Globulin for years in the military. It is basically a super powerful penicillin type drug and we would get it since we spent a good amount of time in very under develop countries in Africa etc. The shot is only good for about 3 to 6 months though.

[edit on 24-11-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

It's actually the collected antibodies of thousands of people. Works like a friggin' charm, too. I had them every few years in the military, though they were gamagloblin shots, which are slightly different.

And they'd be 100% useless (and harmless) on an AIDS victim. May as well inject water.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
as far as people not believing anecdotal evidence, but believing what doctors tell them. If you ever read ANYTHING about the politics of medicine and pharmeceutical studies, you would see that the majority of drug "research and study" is so much voodoo. Often the reports are written up by ghost writers, and a doctor is paid 5-10k to sign off on a report he never even reads. usually a group is paid to do 40-50 experiments with a drug to find out with methods of experiment is most likely to give the results the company wants, THEN all the other studies are thrown out with any information about side effects or mortality disposed of and only that 1 study is released. This is just the beginning, and the end is usually when the drug goes before an FDA board where more than 40% of the board members are usually on the payroll of those pharm companies. This is all well documented, with many whistleblowers coming out in the last few years, and the response was for the FDA to be granted a new task force whos job it is to Do the research FOR the pharm companies with our taxpayer dollars. Make no mistake, Pharma does value dollars more than lives, and to make my last point is this fact
The Only point of the heavy metals and many toxins in most vaccines is the difference of 1 or 2 dollars of profit. You can ask your doctor for preservative free vaccines and it costs you just 2 dollars more. Have you heard that before? most people havent. Why? Because profit is more important than YOU.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Here's another anecdote for the Good Reverend Roger to shoot down in flames ...

Every October the UK Government offers free flu jabs for pensioners (although not for me unfortunately I'm too young) ... and every October for the last 6 years I've gotton either flu or a stonking cold. I hadn't even thought about it until my supervisor hauled me in and queried why every 3rd week of October I'd been off sick for a couple of days - with the same excuse - flu/heavy cold.

Could I be catching it from pensioners who've had their innoculation ?

Or is it just bad luck ?

link   
Yawn..... oh joy another 'Im not vaccinating my kid thread" as if the 80 already here on ATS were not enough.

First off, the anti vaccine crowd draws Autism like a gun.

Nevermind that the diagnosis criteria has changed and it catching mnay more within its net.

nevermind that children of military families which recieved more vaccinations than the norm do NOT have a higher rate.

Nevermind that NONE of the anti vaccine crowd can show statistics about countries in the EU having dramatically lowered autism rates DESPITE the fact that thier vaccines have been thimerisol free for a long time.

nevermind the vaccines in the US have by and large been thimerisol free for years now.

Nevermind that a recently published peer reviewed study showed that there was no sig. in neurological disorders in children that got thimersol versus those who dont.

Nevermind that terrible and preventable diseases have been pretty much wiped off the face of the planet by simple vaccinations.

Man I could go on for hours, but the simple fact is tha through bad science, or a simple desire to be fashionable or trendy some of you are hell bent on making perhaps one fo the biggest mistakes of your lives. Mind you wont pay but your child might.

I have seen the firsthand effects of such asinine logic. How stupid can you be to not take the simple steps to prevent these diseases in children. Would you strap your 1 year old into a car without a infant seat? The death of a child from pertussis, or measeals is one fo the most hideous deaths you can imagine. Aside from what the child goes through the family is often worse off.

Its also fun to be trendy when you do not have to foot the bill. So for those of you who want to do so and NOT vaccinate your children. You should be required to cash pay for treatment of any preventable diseases they contract. Why should my taxes AND rates be jacked up for your asinine practice? How many of you will own up to that?

link   
I believe someone mentioned the number of shots I had when vaccinated. The first polio vaccine was not a shot at all. It was a pink liquid given on a sugar cube. Parents and children stood in long lines to receive it.

Later the sugar cube proved to be inefective and I had a series of three polio shots. Had booster shots a few times before graduating from high school. Weren't required to have more vaccinations before attending college in 1965.

I believe I did state that I keep my vaccinations current as I travel to third world countries often. I work closely with the citizens so I feel the need to have all the protection I can get.

OP I do admire and respect your taking a stand against what you believe could harm your children. We have one thing in common....the well being of our children.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Good Reverend Roger
[
Quite right. While I support his right to not vaccinate his kids, I certainly don't want his little virus factories around my kid.

Why? I thought your kids were vaccinated? So why is a non-vaccinated kid a threat to vaccinated kids?

Do you even realize how rediculous you sound?

SO , Your saying that vaccinated kids still can get the disease?? Well, whats the point of vaccinating them?

Pfft.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
its hardly superstition rev, I live with a naturopathic doctor, who went to 200k worth of schooling. They are taught pharmeceutical treatments like regular doctors and take all the same microbio, a and p, etc but they also learn adjustments, herbal med, vitamin treatments, accupuncture, homeopathy. All of these not only have THOUSANDS of years of historic use and study, but they also have EXTENSIVE studies and research behind them. In some, such as homeopathy, they must admit that they dont truly know how it works (which western doctors will never admit even though its true most of the time) , but the research behind it shows that these treatments are consistently effective, and have a FRACTION of the adverse reactions that western med does. I personally use alternative medicine for my ills at home (infections, fever, pink eye, hashimoto's disease, strep) and they are completely effective at a fraction of the cost of going to the doctor, and i dont need prescriptions.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
as far as people not believing anecdotal evidence, but believing what doctors tell them.

I can read the raw data of the medical research, and draw my own conclusions.

That's more than I can do with your kung fu instructor.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197
Here's another anecdote for the Good Reverend Roger to shoot down in flames ...

Every October the UK Government offers free flu jabs for pensioners (although not for me unfortunately I'm too young) ... and every October for the last 6 years I've gotton either flu or a stonking cold. I hadn't even thought about it until my supervisor hauled me in and queried why every 3rd week of October I'd been off sick for a couple of days - with the same excuse - flu/heavy cold.

Could I be catching it from pensioners who've had their innoculation ?

Or is it just bad luck ?

How would you catch it from the pensioners? The flu shot stimulates antibodies, which neither cause disease nor are contagious without fluid exchange.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Why? I thought your kids were vaccinated? So why is a non-vaccinated kid a threat to vaccinated kids?

Do you even realize how rediculous you sound?

Asked and answered, Muzzleflash. If you would simply read the thread, you wouldn't look so ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The vaccinations carry risks. To make a choice to take them or not is proper.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pc is here
The vaccinations carry risks. To make a choice to take them or not is proper.

Nobody is disputing that.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stompk

thanks stompk for the video----------what was said--------maybe not in my own words----------but what has been my wife and i---- both our opinions for 40 years is the same------------needles-----no thanks--------we dont even like seeing poor lab animals tortured let alone humans being used as guinni pigs for doctors to play being "gods" with their sacrificial victims.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a few quick points fredt

1) the diagnosis criteria has not changed for autism since 1994 and yet the rate is still climbing fast.

2)check the amish community for rates of autism among unvaccinated groups.

3)all Flu vaccines in all countries Still contain thimerosol and continue to be made with it.

4)thimerosol is not the only dangerous substance in vaccines, they also contain things like benzene and alluminum, both known to be highly toxic

5)how did vaccination of 10% of the earths population wipe polio or small pox from 100% of the earth?

Come on your facts are all ate up.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join