It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Animated Gif you can manipulate with your mind.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I can only see it as clockwise. How can it be any other way?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Wow, this was amazing. For the longest time I couldn't see it the other way. It goes to a different beat at first and then your brain can get used to it. I found it fascinating and can't wait to try it on my hubby to see what he thinks. Thanks for posting this!

xxxx
Prax

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

The thread title is asinine. You can't manipulate a gif that has been output to a monitorwith your mind. It is simply an optical illusion.

The thread title is merely to fool dumb people and grab people's attention at the same time, making them to click the link thus resulting the OP gaining some worthless points.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by omnicron]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by omnicron

Go whine somewhere else will you? we are just having a bit of fun, until you came along!

Great post, for me the first time, i got it rotating clockwise, and after trying to get it go the other way.... it did!

Now (after 2 min) i can get her to go both ways in one swing... like she's painting a 8 figure with her feet haha

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I checked the coding, there is no name or id for the IMG tag, I looked through all the external JS files and do not see any coding that is meant to change any filenames and there are no internal functions either. The GIF filesize is 205K so it is not large enough to hold long segments of animation. Thus it is just an optical illusion.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
well i must admit i was not concentrating on the legs --i was staring at the nipples ,and all of a sudden a pole appeared--then a couch,and you know what happend next.....
---LAP DANCE

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

This is exactly what was going on with me when I looked at it. First it was counter clockwise. Then I read the discriptions and could not decide which was "better" to be, left brained or right brained.

So I decided to be both!

Sometimes she goes back and forth without actually spinning for me, cool huh?

I love this exercise so much I'm going to put her as my screen saver.

Anybody know of any more??

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Ok, this is strange..at least to me. Yesterday afternoon when I looked at the image it was going clockwise, now, 530am the next day, when I looked at the image it is going counterclockwise. Right sided in the pm, left sided in the am?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
i'm right-brained. (left handed design/artist)

Someone said I've got half a brain and some that I don't have any! Oh woe. But now I can breathe easy as I can visualise her turning both ways!! So thank heavens, both sides of my brain are alive and kicking!! Way to go!

Cheers!

[edit on 15-10-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Maybe it's just an animation that randomly changes from clockwise to counterclockwise regardless of who is viewing it.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
haha probably not

just concentrate it'll work

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by manix
Maybe it's just an animation that randomly changes from clockwise to counterclockwise regardless of who is viewing it.

No, it is not. I checked that. Look at my post you can check all the variations on page 8. Cheers.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by eagle32

Haha look at this one and try to make 2 of them go in different directions at the same time. It's pretty hard, I got it eventually though!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
sodom
hold your hand in front of the girl, only the feet visible.
it should be easy to change direction.

cool one
sodom

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
There is lots of stuff like this on the web

Just do a search on optical illusions.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
you can understand what happens here if you look at 1 frame of the animation.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by Iseek]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by omnicron
reply to post by hikix

The thread title is asinine. You can't manipulate a gif that has been output to a monitorwith your mind. It is simply an optical illusion.

Well yeah, ones not really controlling it, just controlling how your mind perceives it. And the interesting fact is after enough time, you get really good at controlling how your mind perceives it.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
yeah it's funny she switch all the time, clockwise then counter-clockwise then clockwise.... sometimes you can feel the part of your brain who is working!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
it keeps changing for me i think its just programed to go one way

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
What I've found is that it was spinning counter clockwise, and I got it to reverse and go clockwise, also able to reverse direction and make dance.

But at first, I found it easiest to make it change if you keep your head pointed at the screen and move your eyes to extreme right or left, and still keep the gif in your peripheral vision, it will change every time. It may take a second of you looking to the side, but you can see it change in your peripheral vision if you pay attention. Look to the side so hard that you're trying to move your eyes farther than they'll go. It'll work.

Then try not looking as far to the sides, then you will eventually learn to do it without looking away at all. Pretty Sweet!!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join