Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

An Animated Gif you can manipulate with your mind.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by manix

no----my wife and i watched it at same time-----me left handed see only clockwise rotation------she right handed sees only counter-clockwise rotation.neither of us can manipulate it into any other direction.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimlexx

so i really do only have 1/2 a brain working?and my wife also since we cannot make her spin anything different than clockwise for me and counter-clockwise for her------wow the 2 of us with 1/2 brains------hope our 2 kids are all right.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

a back flip ?--------no wonder my dad hated me------he was always complaining------where was our son when G-D was handing out the brains?well i'm glad He at least gave me 1/2 a one!according to this testing system anyway.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

did anybody notice that she changed her pivot leg when you make her turn from one direction to another?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CRIMINAL_INTENT

you too brutus ? one of my favourite adds was the 1 where the guy got so frustrated with his non compliant computer that he rips it all off the desk and takes it to the window high up in his office tower and tosses it out to teach it a lesson----ha! ha!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

OMG!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!! I DID IT! At first she was moving clockwise, and I focused on the starting point and her legs and sure enough, before my own eyes, she changed directions!!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Werid Giff file at first I thought this was just a trick of some kind..

When I first watched it was spinning counter clock wise..

I stared at it for a moment and it started going clock wise..

So I close the browser open it back up and it remains clockwise, and will not go back to counter clockwise for me..

THen I asked my sister to come into the room and look at it.. I said its going clockwise for me, she said no its going counter clock wise..

very strange indeed.. IM going to find out if this is a graphics trick or not..

Edit: Im telling myself this is not real, and when I open the browser back up she only spins counterclock wise.. But I did see her moving clockwise when I was open to it not being a trick of light.
I dont know if this giff is made to switch direction, and theres like 150 different possible Giff files to be played per page being opened..
Pretty sure this is just a trick of the eye..

Final edit: I saved the giff file to my pc here to make sure the page wasnt bringing up different giff files per page..
And I still got the same results..

I brought in 2 people to look at this at the same time.. It was moving counter clock wise for one, and clockwise for the other..

It was pretty funny watching them both argue over which way it was really going..
Then suddenly it changed directions for both of them, and they said.. "damn thats pretty wild.. whats it mean?"

My sister said she was able to see it change directions 3 or 4 times in the 5 mins she watched it..

I still cant change it at will here.. My mind was not allowing me to belive this is not some kind of giff trick..

But clearly its a minds eye trick..

Pretty damn kewl!!! I was unable to debunk this!!!

Wheres Lex at? He should take a look at this!

[edit on 15-10-2007 by zysin5]

[edit on 15-10-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sequan-1
reply to post by hikix

did anybody notice that she changed her pivot leg when you make her turn from one direction to another?

yep,i noticed that too,if you want to change her rotating direction,simply concentrate on the space between her pivotal foot and that of her shadow's,soon shell be going the other way round,i think the trick lies in the fact that shadow only rotates in the counter-clockwise direction,even if the figure is moving clockwise so our brain might interpret it that way and we see her moving counter-clockwise again.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Very cool - and interesting feedback from the always-with-it ATS gallery...

After initially going only clockwise, I was able to see her spinning counter-clockwise. After five minutes or so I was able to train my eyes/brain to have her spin and change direction at will.

The key to accomplish this for me (those wanting to may want to try it) was to just barely cross my eyes (like when you're trying to look at those hidden 3D stereo pictures) and spin my head and point of vision in the opposite direction she's currently spinning in.

So if she was spinning counter-clockwise, to make her change direction, I'd cross my eyes slightly to take her out of focus, and then match her rhythm and slowly rotate my head and point of vision in circular clockwise motion around the edges of the picture frame.

After a few attempts, I was able to have her change direction and then refocus my eyes on her to keep her spinning in the direction I wished.

Sweet mental exercise, OP - thanks!

Now where's that aspirin...?

[edit on 10/15/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Optical Illusions

Our brain tries to make sense of the information detected by our eyes. When the optic nerve sends the brain a message, it uses its memory bank to help interpret the message. The brain compares information in its memory bank to previous experiences. It also uses clues such as colours, shadows, shapes, and perspective. Sometimes the brain is tricked by a confusing message, or by "puzzle pictures". These are called optical illusions.

www.valemount.com...

Simple when you know

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by omnicron
reply to post by hikix

The thread title is asinine. You can't manipulate a gif that has been output to a monitorwith your mind. It is simply an optical illusion.

The thread title is merely to fool dumb people and grab people's attention at the same time, making them to click the link thus resulting the OP gaining some worthless points.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by omnicron]

If you saw the title of this thread and thought that you were actually going to move an object using telekinesis... then maybe you, my friend, are the one who is asinine.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
ok i must be weird she was turning counterclockwise then went clockwise then was switching back and forth but after i saw it going clockwise when i looked at the shadow she was going clickwise but her shadow was going counterclockwise what does that mean?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Thought you may like this.

The right half of the brain is infinite and the left was designed to give you the illusion of time, or of being finite.

The left brain really has only one important job, which is to place everything in your experience into a time. The left brain marks time; the right brain in the one connection you have to Home. It is infinite and represents the creative part of the human biology. The entire re-wire that all of humanity is undergoing is to establish new connections between the two lobes of the brain. This is needed to adapt the physical body for use
with the higher vibrational beings you are rapidly becoming.

What will eventually happen is that you will re-train what you know to be the left part of your brain to create a Zero-Point balance. This will be done
through an activation of a part of your biology that exists in both the infinite and finite worlds. This activation and the entire re-wire itself will help to make a much stronger connection between the two hemispheres of
the brain. Learning to live in the now without the need for the illusion of time lies ahead for all of humanity. As you adjust to those thoughts you create that which you think about. Own that responsibility and practice the art of infinite creation by removing your experiences from a timeline.

beyond3dimensionnetwork.ning.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Hmmm wierd...very strange...cool though. Thanks for that

Jimbo

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I'm a clockwise person ..... does thinking about eating a big piece of chocolate cake have any influence upon brain funtion and on the results here?

Has anyone else thought about chocolate cake?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Fantastic post man gratz to you..

When i focus on the object it spins clockwise.. when i sorta look at it out the side of my eye it spins counter clockwise even after i look at it dead on ..

i can manipulate the direction but it is difficult and hurts my brain.

In short the direction of rotation is all over the place for me , sometimes clockwise sometimes the opposite.

i wonder if my brain can't make up its mind on how to view the image

[edit on 15/10/07 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Very cool find, hikix!

I'm a clockwise at firsty too, but I found by focusing on the shadow foot, and keeping my awareness to the core of the figure, I could reverse my perception and the apparent spin direction at will.

[begin side-topic observation]

I followed badw0lf's link to the little dragon illusion and printed him out last night, can't wait to put him together.

This morning I surfed most of the "Grand Illusions" site and found a link on page six for the little dragons in red, green and blue!

I'm gonna print them out too!

Can't wait to have a little chorus of multi-colored dragons keeping a bemused eye on things...

[/side-topic observation]

Again, wicked cool, hikix! But, has anyone else noticed?

The little shadow lady dancer's naked!

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
my son doesn´t see it rotating at all, just sees her kicking left and right, is his head not right or are ours all messed up.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I can see it both ways.

Something along the lines of left/right brain that I wanted to share with everyone........

Fold your hands as though you are 'praying', with thumbs in front.

See if you can move your thumbs in opposite directions ie; one thumb towards you, the other one, away. (Twiddling your thumbs is the same direction)

Most people cannot do this. The first time I did it it felt as though my mind cracked (for lack of a better term).

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I saw it change direction on a few occasions which baffled the you know what out of me. Started clockwise, then went to counter clockwise, back to clockwise..etc.

new topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join