Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

An Animated Gif you can manipulate with your mind.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Way Cool Hikix!!!!

I saw her move originally ccw, then after a few seconds of concentration she moved cw

After much practice I was able to do it at will so I decided to take it a step further

The last time I viewed her she was performing the Riverdance

Tomorrow, I shall see if she can brew coffee

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

actually, the first moment i saw it, it looked, for me as if she was spinning clockwise, but then if i wanted it to spin counterclockwise i could do it easily.
so then i tried to make things a little stranger; i wanted it to spin in both ways, so i succeded.
the foot that was sticking out moved in the oposite direstion of the otger foot, basically the leg was twisting over and over in the opposite direction of the other leg.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
When i first looked it was counter clock-wise then i blinked and it was going clockwise.....and now i can't seem to get it back going counter clock-wise

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
For anyone this doesn't apply to, sorry in advance. I finished reading the first page of posts and had to get this out of my system.

Haha who are half the people here? Firstly, right minded or left minded has nothing to do with what hand you prefer. The left side of your brian does control your right hand and the right side does control your left hand, but that doesn't mean what side of the brain you use. The left side of your brian is used for math, science, etc. The right side of you brain is used for creativity and crap like that. For example, when you are reading, you are using the left side of your brain. When you are dreaming, you are using the right side of your brain...and only the right side of your brain. This is why you cannot read in a dream!

Secondly, the figure goes both ways. Just look at whichever foot of her's is on the ground. When her left foot is on the ground, she's spinning clockwise. When her right foot is on the ground, she's spinning counterclockwise.

Come on guys, don't be so gullible.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I can't help being a bit of a smarty pants but I actually was able to make her go both ways at once! It took a lot of concentration but I split the image in 2 by looking at it cross-eyed. For a few seconds I could see her going one way with one eye and the other way with the other eye. Mostly though I came out as a right brained person...which would make sense since I'm left handed.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
After a few minutes I could make her spin either way quite easily. Based on what I felt... whether believing or being skeptical, she would switch. I've been tested in the past to see if I was right or left brain dominant, and I was told I was right in the middle so I can easily switch from logic to abstract thinking. So I guess that has something to do with it. I'm also almost completely ambidextrous. Thanks for posting this.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I spend ages away from this website and this is what I get when I return.

OMG I just saw this and I thought "It's that ****ing magic picture thing all over again!" That tortured me in the early nineties because I couldn't work it out! people were telling me to relax my eyes when I just wanted their heads to explode. If I had telekinetic powers it would've been akira/hiroshima all over again.

Anyway. I'm not falling for it this time. I don't give a sheet what you guys see what I see is a dancer standing on her right leg and spinning to her left.

You can all go to hell. Bunch of scaremongering, BS blagging waste of spaces.

"LEFT OR RIGHT BRAIN?" She spins counter-clockwise

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe She spins clockwise

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

what is this BS? I must use all of my brain is these all apply to me. Perhaps those who use the left of their brain are stupid and the people who use the right of their brain are stupid and the people that use none of their brain are genius?

[edit on 20-10-2007 by surrender_dorothy]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by surrender_dorothy

Lol, it doesn't mean that because it does one or the other, that is all you can do. You use both sides of your brain, it just explains which side is more proficient. Like, Left handed people can still write with both hands, just with the right hand its more like egyptian heiroglyph than your name

The right side of the brain controls logic, academic feats, like mathematical problems. If you ask somebody a difficult maths question that they need to think about, more often than not (but not all people for the awkward
) their eyes will roll towards the left hand side.

Similarly, the more aesthetic, or creative minds will usually be right-lobe dominant. Although this isn't always the case, it is more often than not pretty accurate.

As for the test, she spins clockwise, and i had to concentrate almost to the point where my ears bled to get her to go the other way lol. Hence why I'm a musician... and not a neurosurgeon

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The principle of this image is quite simple, and it can be used as a weapon, specifically in holograms.

Let me explain.

The image is simply giving our minds an option to choose from, left or right. It does this by confusing us at a precise moment every time.

Let me tell you how to control her.

You see her leg that is sticking out and pointing? You can use this leg to spin her either direction you wish. But you must do it at the right time.

When is the right time?

Look at the image and imagine her leg is the arm on a clock. When it is pointing to the right it is at 3 o'clock. When it is pointing to the left it is at 9 o'clock. Well, the exact time that the image confuses your mind is when her leg is at 12 o'clock AND 6 o'clock. This is when the leg is either pointing at you, or pointing away from you. Depending on what you want to BELIEVE, you can change the direction of her. At 12:00 or 6:00 you can either believe the leg is pointing "at you" or "away from you", and it will change direction of the spin.

Example, if she is spinning clockwise, the very moment her leg reaches 6 o'clock I make my brain believe it is actually pointing at 12 o'clock, and she instantly spins the other direction.

If she is spinning counter clockwise, the very moment her leg reaches 12 o'clock I make my brain believe it is actually pointing at 6 o'clock, and she instantly spins the other direction.

You can also use this method with her foot.

Conclusion:

The image confuses us when it gives us and option of what to believe. Just like 9/11.

[edit on 20-10-2007 by 0ne0ne]

Wig

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeSchmoHaha who are half the people here?

Secondly, the figure goes both ways. Just look at whichever foot of her's is on the ground. When her left foot is on the ground, she's spinning clockwise. When her right foot is on the ground, she's spinning counterclockwise.

Come on guys, don't be so gullible.

I'm not sure if you're a muppet or not. You seem to be saying that you see the figure alternate rotations, and that you don't see it go continually in one direction (that you can't "make it" go in one direction only. You seem to be saying the gif is programmed to alternate from clockwise to anticlockwise.

In reality it is just an illusion, if you want to see it go clockwise it will, if you want it anticw it will do that, if you want it to alternate between the two it will do that. I hope you were saying that otherwise you're the muppet for laughing at others.

NOW MY THOUGHTS ON THIS.
This has nothing to do with left or right hand brains, nothing at all, the diagnosis of left and right hand stuff to the left of the gif is pure entertainment, and is as useful and as accurate as those horoscope predictions you read in your daily paper.

It is just an illusion nothing more, nothing mystical. Here endeth my contribution.

[edit on 26/10/2007 by Wig]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   

NOW MY THOUGHTS ON THIS.
This has nothing to do with left or right hand brains, nothing at all, the diagnosis of left and right hand stuff to the left of the gif is pure entertainment, and is as useful and as accurate as those horoscope predictions you read in your daily paper.

It is just an illusion nothing more, nothing mystical. Here endeth my contribution.

Exactly my thoughts. I'm 100% sure the right/left brain analysis is completely irrelevent. It's just an optical illusion is all it is.

And for those that try to debunk this as a timed animation, you're just plain stupid.

I'm done.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
that rocks. Can I like... marry that gif? because man, she spins like a pro, and does what I say. Yowza, the perfect woman hahahaha.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JoeSchmo

Actually, you can read in a dream. I remember a dream I had just a few days ago that had a name on a page, and I knew the person, and could read the name. It was in black ink on yellow paper.

Just thought I'd throw that lil bit out there.

As for the chick dancing, I think the .gif was designed to be so ambiguous that it could be perceived to be going in either direction. To me anyway, it's simply an optical illusion, designed to test how the brain works.

Again, just my thoughts...

TheBorg

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I think I broke it because I got her to stop rotating completely. It took about a hour of trying tho.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
cool.

Aslo, titays!

Had to.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
f anyone would like to try making "her" rotate in the opposite direction, try moving your face sideways, so that you are watching the screen with the corner of your eye (first one, then the other one) - or closing one eye (and even pressing it lightly with your finger, if necessary).

It's not a "trick" - it actually shows you how you can manipulate your brain functions via your eyes (which makes sense, of course, but that's not under discussion).

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I see both ways. When I just look it and just watch the movement it looks clockwise, however when I start reading the text off to side it starts looking counter clockwise. As I look at her feet and study her movementa it switch back to clockwise.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by ebe51]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ebe51
I see both ways.
[edit on 10-12-2007 by ebe51]

So do I.
At first, I perceived her as rotating anti-clockwise.
When I watched the animation the next time, I also saw the anti-clockwise rotation first.
But the third time I saw her rotate clockwise first.

It all depends on the "gear" that one's brain is in at the moment of watching.

(Perhaps not unsurprisingly, a set of different tests consistently reveals that my brain usage is around 50/50 - I mean the hemispheres, of course... ; ))

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

illusion is not manipulation

your eyes try to read all the movement the 2 opposing colors

its like looking at stripes on a shirt and someone says whoa that makes my eyes hurt

or like when you turn your lights off and the your eyes need to adjust and you somehow think you see things move or get darker and fade in out kinda thing

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
how cool is that
it started clockwise for me but i looked at the shadow of her foot and it quickly changed direction
after that i was able to pick wich way
she would spin...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join