It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Animated Gif you can manipulate with your mind.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Oh yeah, bye the way I am right handed, since people seem to be posting what hand they are.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Im right brained no matter what she does which was nothing for me.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by S3th17

Actually, if left / right brain functions has nothing to do with perception everyone would see the object rotate in the same direction. Optical illusions are most certainly effected by by the mode in which they are percieved and perception is the direct result of the dominent hemisphere of the brain.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
My husband and I both did this. We both use diff sides of our brains LOL
We saw the same thing. We sat here forever and stared at it. No change. He went to his computer. No change. My DH is a leftie...im a rightie. WE have done it diff times of the day and done everything that everyone else did. No change.

Also, the lists. Both of us can claim a number of those descriptions from both lists.

I suppose we are the only ones who see this as nothing.....as it did nothing but spin clockwise
I think its bunk

Now my eyes hurt. LOL

[edit on 14-10-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Well, the list doesn't mean much. Its not that you use ONLY your right brain or left brain.. but one is always more dominant than the other. If it spins clock-wise for you then your dominant side is the right side. (and i base this on absolutely nothing haha)

But use the tricks that me and some of the other posters suggested and you will be able to make her go from clock-wise to counter clock-wise... trust me, we aren't crazy (at least not all of us)

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
First I thought this .gif was a trick and after a while it looped into her spinning the other way but my girlfriend and I watched this at the same time and she was spinning anti clockwise for me and clockwise for my girlfriend, after a while we both got her to spin. Either way nice find

(edit : We are both right handed but mine spun anticlockwise first then clockwise, and hers vice-versa
)

[edit on 14-10-2007 by Grimlexx]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
At first it was going counter-clockwise. It went to clockwise. Then it went back to counter-clockwise. After a while her legs did start to sway from side to side.
What does this mean about me?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
To see the change in rotation, look at the shadow of the feet for a moment, when it starts to change, slowly look back up at the woman.

Cool illusion.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'm not sure if seeing her turn clockwise or counterclockwise really represents right and left brain function, but this is definitely an awesome illusion. It took me only a couple minutes before I could see her spin both ways. I started out only being able to see her move clockwise but eventually saw her move counterclockwise and wasn't able to see her move clockwise again!!

Very interesting.

My mom is completely adamant that she moves only clockwise, hahaha.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
well for me it spun clockwise, and no matter how much i looked at it, it didnt change direction, or get parallel or anything. I am maybe doing this wrong? Perhps just too tired, very annoying!!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Oh after a second look, at the shadows in particular; I can makie it spin both ways as i please!! much less annoyed now! how does this work anyways? just an illusion or is this messing my brain up?!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
did anybody notice that she changed her pivot leg when you make her turn from one direction to another?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
it looks like a funny wooobly for me no spin really but i can think about it and make it spin either way or spin on way for one eye the other way for the other eye

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
For all the people who say the image is faulty and it changes at specific times please answer me the following questions.

1) How come I can change its direction when I focus and every 10 or so seconds
2) How come I can change it between Clockwise and Anti at will and my girlfriend be looking at the same picture and see it only spinning clockwise.

Its an illusion on your mind that does exactly as the OP said. It tests the different sides of the brain!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I'm actually surprised to see it turn counter-clockwise.

I see my self as a a bit of space case and my family was always complaining that I was a dreamer in my younger days.

Oh well it's just an image and I think I know my self better then some test.

Still... it would be nice to see it turn clockwise.

Oh man after a few minutes the image has gone schizophrenic.
I must have the brain worms again.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by DarkMile77]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Hehe, I did this, and I can make it go counter clockwise and clockwise, interesting. It's easy, when you do this, imagine the lighter shadow of the foot at the bottom turning right, you can even make it appear to be going left, right, left right. Or you can make it 360 degrees.
Very cool stuff, I'm an artist maybe that's why? I use both sides of my brain,

[edit on 15-10-2007 by KdogartIS]

[edit on 15-10-2007 by KdogartIS]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
So i did this a few times by looking at the legs, seeing it spin in both directions. So i got a little more curious, and I can change its direction without looking at it, just closing my eyes and setting myself to see it moving the opposite of what it was moving when i closed them. Anybody else try this?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by divine chronic
thats an awesome gif!!

it only turns clockwise for me. except for one second... and now i cant see it any other way except clockwise.

it must be correct because im a huge right brainer

ANNOYING isn't IT?! I had the same thing. ClockWISE CLOCKWise...so I thought...they are pulling my leg and I saved the GIF and imported it in Flash to look at the frames....If you follow the frames seperately it is a clockwise motion...Hee I thought You see ..this is a joke...

Now I flipped the thing horizontally...still clockwise...then I reversed the frames....>>>COUNTERclockwise...I was still right...but then after looking at it counterclockwise I looked back at the first one and it ROTATED counterclockwise and the counterclockwise one Clockwise...this is great it works...I turned my brain around by testing it.

After doing this, I can flip on command, so this is good exercise for all the fixed brains like mine.

I uploaded the FLASH version with four different gif-positions here:

LEFT RIGHT 4 VERSIONS!

UP-left: original
UP-right: original -horizontal flip
DOWN-left: reversed frames-original position
DOWN-right: reversed frames-horizontal flip

[edit on 15-10-2007 by Pjotr]

[edit on 15-10-2007 by Pjotr]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inside_Unseen
well for me it spun clockwise, and no matter how much i looked at it, it didnt change direction, or get parallel or anything. I am maybe doing this wrong? Perhps just too tired, very annoying!!

Just try my version! Look at one after another.

Flash Horizontal flip abd reverse version

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
To see the change in rotation, look at the shadow of the feet for a moment, when it starts to change, slowly look back up at the woman.

Cool illusion.

Just for fun, I got rid of the shadows. I thought they did the trick, but when I hide them, it works even better! It is easier to change direction.

Check IT!

Flash Version Without Shadows

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join