It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Animated Gif you can manipulate with your mind.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

your kidding -----right ?all i see is all 3 main figures just pivoting back and forth ----not spining and the ball in #1 frame just doesnt move while in the other 2 frames it moves a little bit different thats all-------is it time for me to see the psychiatrist for help ? or the optometrist for new glasses?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
reply to post by Denied

your kidding -----right ?all i see is all 3 main figures just pivoting back and forth ----not spining and the ball in #1 frame just doesnt move while in the other 2 frames it moves a little bit different thats all-------is it time for me to see the psychiatrist for help ? or the optometrist for new glasses?

If you cant do it on the second one, go back and watch the first original animated gif on the first page, i cant make you see it, but im not the only person here who does see this illusion, i say illusion, because i definitely thinks its just that.

If it helps, in the very first image, as her legs spin, at the point when the two legs over lap each other at that point you either make it turn the other way, or it carries on, i kept trying till it did work.

Jut because you cant see what others see, does not mean you have to make insulting remarks at them....

Go into a stare, at the legs, just focusing on them.

Sounds pervy

[edit on 14-10-2007 by Denied]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Thanks for that great mind experiment - now please make her stop !!!!!

At first I only saw her spinning counter-clockwise. I asked my daughter and she saw the same. I then took the advice of one poster to cover the upper body with my hand and concentrate on her feet only. I repeated to myself, "make her turn the other way" over and over and after about 5 rotations I SAW HER GO CLOCKWISE. Wicked Cool !!!

By the way, this is my first post after lurking for about a week. Nice site.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

it would be funny if the paramedics had to be called for a dozen of us hypnotized to our computer displays by this and the news broke we were all on above top secret--------a great advertisement to swell the ranks by ?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

??????????apparently its not just my seeing thats messed up--------its my writing ?? where would you ever get the idea from what i wrote that i was intending to insult anyone?????? i was speaking of myself not others ------and looking it over again i still dont see what i said to be wrong-----i guess this only proves we only see what we think we see ????

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I can't believe this topic has gotten so many posts when more important topics barely get anything at all. Shouldn't this be in BTS?

Or maybe I've just seen way too many optical illusions in my time and am biased. I could present hundreds of others in here, but if you are all getting a headache with just one, I'd better not.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

These are good optical illusions.The three gifs moved differently for me.I could see all three spin clockwise,counterclockwise or just swing back and forth.After a minute I could see one spin clockwise,one counter clockwise and one go back and forth.The order would change as well.
The lady spun around both ways.
Very cool

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
One thing that helps is if you imagine looking at the object from the front and then from the rear

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
reply to post by Denied

??????????apparently its not just my seeing thats messed up--------its my writing ?? where would you ever get the idea from what i wrote that i was intending to insult anyone?????? i was speaking of myself not others ------and looking it over again i still dont see what i said to be wrong-----i guess this only proves we only see what we think we see ????

Sorry i read your post all wrong, thought you were throwing those statements at us, didn't realise you were referring to yourself.......

Please forgive me.......

[edit on 14-10-2007 by Denied]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Hi all - to answer the various questions about my methodology and how i came to the conclusion i did

i did not sit looking at it for 4 hours - but had it minimised in the top corner of the screen while i wotked on collating , syncoronising and updateding some mapping files for a project i am involved in

as i had 6 other windows open - and only 2 of them needed to be full screen - every time ti toggled application - the animated gif poped into view - so with a scratch pad on my desk - i noted its behaviour the gap between obervatins was ,from les than 30 second to 8 minuites - and i took 106 notes - and 9 of them were in different directions to a previous observation

now having read the follow up replies - i attempted a compressed test using a physical mask made from a sheet of card with an square smaller than the image cut from it held infront of the monitor - and i tried again

this time in just 6 minuites i counted 19 changes as i shut my eyes - moved the mask and looked again

this ` rapid fire ` obervation led me to accept my error - and embrace the " optical illusion " hypothesis

as my first experiment - i was only glancing - so focused on one area and made an assuption

when i deliberatly targetd random areas in a very short time in my second experiment - it became obvious what was going on

i also [ ass suggested] ] used the extracted 34 images to recompile my own gif using my own software - so i now know there is no random code in the display sequence

hope that explains it

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This is pretty neat.

I could get it to move one way by doing some math in my head, and then get it to move the other way by thinking about a song.

Craziness.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
There is another Thread with this exact same pictue and content

so ill paste what i said ther, double thread,double post lol

I must have a super brain,she did a back flip

She was spining clockwise first, but i can now get her to go both ways lucky me lol

Right brained-Creative....."i think ill create chaos".....seems Logical to me

[edit on 14-10-2007 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
you're just manipulating your brain when you can see it going both ways.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn
Hmmm...

Goes both ways for me.

That aside, I've noticed that if you look really closely you can see nipples.

I think this test has revealed that you think with something other than your brain!

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Edit:

Bah! I figured it out... It has nothing to do with what you're doing, it's a visual trick. If you stare at anything chest and above, she spins clockwise. If you stare at her thighs and below, she spins counter-clockwise.

[edit on 14-10-2007 by Donoso]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Not for me, it's clockwise and I've tried every trick there is. I showed it to many people at once and some did see it going counter clockwise and some in a pendulum motion.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It spun clockwise for me for a long time and it makes sense since I'm a youth pastor and graduated with a Christian Ministry / Youth Ministry double major.

However, the way I was able to get it to change directions was to simply do math problems in my head.

and no........it's not a visual trick. I tried staring at chest and above for a while and at hips and below for a while. The only thing that ever changed it for me was the EXACT moment I started doing math in my head. I could get it to do it anytime I wanted as long as I just did math in my head.

[edit on 14-10-2007 by Bugman82]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I seriously doubt this has anything to do with right/left part of the brain. Its just a nifty illusion best described by Redge777.

Originally posted by Redge777
Just do this!

The leg that is outstretched, if it is infront of the other leg, it goes one way, if it is behind other leg it reverses. So at any point, if you imagine the outstretched leg is the one closer to you, then switch it imagine it is behind the other leg, the direction will reverse. Give it depth through perception.

Also when I see her moving counter-clockwise the foot thats down (the right one) stills moves clockwise and probably thats why most of the people see her spinning clockwise first time they look.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Wierd thing started seeing it clockwise then after looking at it for a while counter-clockwise..

left handed.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I also saw the dancing girl clockwise. I could only watch it for about 1 minute before I got so annoyed that I wanted to punch my screen.
Oooh, you little 19 inch Dell screen, your lucky I have some restraint!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join