It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Animated Gif you can manipulate with your mind.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I originally was going to post this in BTS because it is an exercise whether to figure out if you are a left-brained person or a right-brained person.

But, when you concentrate on the figure's legs when she is moving you can manipulate her to go in any direction and even continuously sway her legs from side to side.

Typically the figure will be spinning clock-wise (at least it did for me) but concentrate on the legs, and when they become parallel with each other, imagine that your mind is making the leg swing the other way. You can take that swinging leg and then push it the other way with your mind and sway the legs back and forth. Check this out:

info.break.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yep, clockwise for me too. I thought I might be a little diffrent as I`m left handed.
Your tips worked well, although it worked better for me to look at the space between her foot and her shadow.
Are you left or right handed?

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It moved clockwise for me...and gave me a headache after a while.

link   
I am left handed, and i fit the categorizations of a 'right-brain person'. It was originally spining clockwise for me... then i looked at when the legs meet and i pictures the swinging leg going the other way, and it turned counter-clockwise.
Can i possibly be using my left brain at this point?

link   
Probably says a lot about me... but mine spins for logic... and won't budge no matter how much i want it to.
(seriously)

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Do you feel that that is correct? because i use feeling more than logic, and it proved correct for me.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
She spins clockwise for me too until I closed my left eye, then after awhile she spun the other way.

Roper

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
mine started clockwise....then after i zoned out on the pic for a lil bit counter clockwise....hmmm thats pretty neat....wonder what it means? lol

link   
I had to check that out, it was pretty cool. I am left handed and it spun originally counter-clockwise for me, then it switched to clockwise for a bit. I could manipulate my mind to make it change back and forth.

Now I feel drained. LOL

Thanx for sharing that neat little item with us.

A_L

link   
In the beginning she spun counter-clockwise for me; but, I was speechless when she changed direction upon staring at her feet.

[edit on 13-10-2007 by Mephorium]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
originally i was going anti-clockwise, then after a few attempts i managed to get it to work clockwise.

Now the left side of my brain feels like it's got pins and needles.

EDIT: Heh... had a bit of fun stopping it in mid spin and then stopping it half-way through the cycle and sending it back around again.

For those of you having difficulty and are lefties, then you can try imagining something to do with feeling - like the texture of wallpaper or the taste of cigerettes.

[edit on 13-10-2007 by Throbber]

[edit on 13-10-2007 by Throbber]

jra

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
When I first opened it, I saw it spinning clockwise right away, but if I watch it for a while I can make it seem it's going either clockwise or counter-clockwise. I don't know which of the descriptions (left brain or right brain) fits me better. One of my friends said he saw this the other day and that it spins differently depending on the time of day he looks at it.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
when first looking at the gif, it spun clockwise.
then when glancing over at the text to the right, it switched to counter-clockwise.
then back to clockwise.

i'm right-brained. (left handed design/artist)

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I can make her spin both ways ... If you hold your hand covering her body, and only look at her feet, and then think that she spins the other way that you originaly think, then its easyer to make her spin the other way.

its just the way our brain works ..

[edit on 13-10-2007 by tep200377]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Everytime I look at this picture it starts spinning clockwise,.. and then after a few seconds starts spinning counter-clockwise. What could that mean?

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It's moving counter-clockwise for me, and no matter how long or hard I stare at it, she continues to spin counter-clockwise.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
Everytime I look at this picture it starts spinning clockwise,.. and then after a few seconds starts spinning counter-clockwise. What could that mean?

It means that you brain has figured both ways out ..

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernDystopia
It's moving counter-clockwise for me, and no matter how long or hard I stare at it, she continues to spin counter-clockwise.

Well, then i have the sad message that you are not an indigo child my friend ... You just have to live with it

There is nothing wrong with you, and its quite normal not to get both rotations. You just have to give your brain a kick start and imagine it going the other way. After a few seconds, it will

Good luck

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Just imagine the figure swinging the other way and it will. The best way to do so is when the legs line up to imagne the leg going th other way.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I can see it either way...which do you prefer?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join