It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Animated Gif you can manipulate with your mind.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jeepthing07

yes that is bad... you may possibly be dead!

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
lol being able to only see it spin one way doesnt mean your brain is less functional, just like being able to see it spin both ways doesnt mean your special.
Peoples minds just work on different levels, some arent able to be fooled by illusions, just like some people do not respond to hypnotists.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I must be completely reality based, use too much logic and imagination doesn't rule for me because it only moves counter clockwise for me.

But I think that chick is a demon because after awhile her eyes began to turn red and I've seen her on a few other web sites as well.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
She spun clockwise for me, I couldn't see her spinning anti-clockwise because her left foot is lower when passing right to left, than it is left to right, and logic tells me that's because of depth perception. So I guess I'm a right brained person who has no creativity and instead uses logic. Which makes sense for a right handed person who uses a fork in their right hand.

Edit: than, not then, I think

[edit on 14-10-2007 by Cthulwho]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
Probably says a lot about me... but mine spins for logic... and won't budge no matter how much i want it to.
(seriously)

Same here, I just cannot see how it can spin any other way that it does. I wish I could see what those who can 'change' it see.. I also hate those dotty 3d blurry things where you suddenly go "WHOA A DOLPHIN!!" - I did see one work once, but I just get sore eyes these days..

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tep200377

Originally posted by ModernDystopia
It's moving counter-clockwise for me, and no matter how long or hard I stare at it, she continues to spin counter-clockwise.

Well, then i have the sad message that you are not an indigo child my friend ... You just have to live with it

There is nothing wrong with you, and its quite normal not to get both rotations. You just have to give your brain a kick start and imagine it going the other way. After a few seconds, it will

Good luck

Why? What do we get if we see things as they are not? I don't want one..

I've tried every way to get her to spin the other way, can't do it. In times of need when you are all looking at things the wrong way, you can rely on the likes of us to give you accurate descriptions of things !!

haha..

j/k

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Hey badw0lf, You may see the figure spinning one way because you are only using one part of your brain (not that i know anything about that). However, use the trick that we have been speaking about. watch when the legs become directly in front of eachother... then use your mind to imagine the leg swinging in the other direction... try it several times, and i am sure it will work for you.

At one time i had the figure facing straight towards my screen while she swayed her legs back and forth. I could see her boobies facing towards me that whole time, instead of swinging in a 360.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jca2005
I can make her go both ways. I am left handed.

For some reason, I never expected to see anything like that sentence on ATS. But now I have.. 'tis a strange place afterall..

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I've tried that, but something is just forcing me to see her going one way only. I've tried covering her body and focusing on her legs and feet.. and her feet alone. I just cannot trick my mind to see her spinning the other way.

Funny thing is, from an early age I've been right into optical illusions and have been able to see them where mates could see nothing. Apart from 3D stereo illusions (the blurry pixel images) I can see most things..

I even printed out my own concave 3d image dragon and it's a hoot !

Dragon site

But I can't get this..

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
lol being able to only see it spin one way doesnt mean your brain is less functional, just like being able to see it spin both ways doesnt mean your special.
Peoples minds just work on different levels, some arent able to be fooled by illusions, just like some people do not respond to hypnotists.

Thats true... I remember one time in high school a hypnotist came for some sort of rally or something (which I thought was kind of weird) and he tried hypnotising me but couldn't)

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
That's very cool.

She spun clockwise at first, and it didn't seem conceivable that she could spin counter clockwise--until she started to.

Wicked!
F

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
*[removed quote of entire previous post]*

She's not really spining, she just go's from left to right and back, half clockwise and half counter clockwise, if you look at the point when the animation is in the middle you will notice this, exactly at the point where her swinging leg is in the middle at that point the animation will swich, but it's so weill done it will trick your mind that she is spining when in fact she go's left, right and back right, left

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14-10-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I'm left handed, and it started spinning counter-clockwise for me at first, but I could easily manipulate the image in spinning the other way around.

Could explain why some ''feats'' of the right-brain functions apply to me as well.

btw.: There have been some studies that show that left handed people use both left & right brain during sports lol, and tend to be better at them.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Man that's weeiiirrdd! At first it was clockwise then it changed to counter-clockwise and I got scared because I couldn't change it back!

But now I can make it go whichever way I want, the best way is to cover everything but the feet and just make yourself believe that her leg is swinging inwards or outwards depending on what way you want to go.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I don't know exactly what it means but I can get it to go both ways with no problems at all.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Does 3D perception affect this at all and which side would that be? I cant get it to go counter-clockwise no matter what I try. I see the image as a shadowed 3D model or such and it's impossible to even imagine it going the other way. I really think that I'm a very logical person, or is that just my imagination?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
sheesh -- it is random

some one has to burst the bubble here - might as well be me

the " spin " is simply the image file changing the displayed image from one to the next , at a set speed - and in a calculated sequence

the " animation " in this case is made up of 34 individual images , comprising the different ` poses `

leave it alone for 4 hours - as i have and it changes direction a total of 9 times

so much for psychic powers

PS - i can predict that several people will jump on this reply and claim that they really can make changes happen

well - my answer is :

a - you are deluded
b- you are lying

an animated gif is simply a sequence of image changes and a refresh rate - it can be programmed to change

if you really beleve that you have the power to alter it - try the same tactic with another animated gif selected @ random from the web

if you have the pwer to change the instruction set in one file , you should be able to do it with any file

heck - throw away you KB and mouse and control the computer by the power of your mind

what amazes me is the psychology of such memes and peoples willingness to believe in them

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Clockwise for me. By blinking and looking again I can make it go counterclockwise but after I look for time it transforms into clockwise again by itself

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
mishap post.

[edit on 14-10-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Grrrr!!! crazy thing
At first i've seen it spinning Clockwise, then i've got it made and saw it spinning
counterclockwise...., BUT NOW I CAN'T GET IT BACK in Clockwise direction.
This makes me CRAZY!!!! aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

BTW: after a surgery on my left Hand 3 Years ago i had to train my right hand to write i'm now both Handed means i can write left and right.
Or has this nothing todo with this issue here?

AAAAHHH,....after 1 waited 5 minutes now its runnin' clockwiser again, puuuh!;-)

[edit on 14-10-2007 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join