It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Animated Gif you can manipulate with your mind.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
On a side note, that is one hot silhouette, would mind meeting that dancer

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
sheesh -- it is random

I think you are on to something here. I too have that feeling. Have you found any evidence of some randomization code on the page? I am not good enough with html and I don't have any too to analyse an animated gif. Can you prove this more clearly?

leave it alone for 4 hours - as i have and it changes direction a total of 9 times

How did you verify that? What software did you use? Or did you really stare at it for 4 hours? In this case, did you swallow like a whole bottle of aspirin?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Even though i have changed its direction a few times to counter and clockwise almost at will, i sort of use the same technique i use for telekinisis, i can spin a psi wheel both ways with a bowl over the top of it to stop any other factors to get in the way.

But for some reason i do think this might be a random gif, im not sure, but i used the same technique i use for a psiwheel and it works on the gif, all you have to do is say to yourself in your head that you want to spin it clockwise, or counter clockwise then just focus on her hips or the leg that doesnt swing and think of NOTHING yes thats right, think of NOTHING because your brain already knows what you want the gif to do so you just need to focus all your attention on some point of the gif, without thinking or trying to will it to spin the other way.

This is my method of doing it, it works for me but might not work for someone else, everyone has there own way of using there mind/brain.

Even though i can get the gif to spin anyway i want it to, i still am thinking what ignorant ape said, it could all just be random.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   

sheesh -- it is random

some one has to burst the bubble here - might as well be me

the " spin " is simply the image file changing the displayed image from one to the next , at a set speed - and in a calculated sequence

the " animation " in this case is made up of 34 individual images , comprising the different ` poses `

leave it alone for 4 hours - as i have and it changes direction a total of 9 times

so much for psychic powers

PS - i can predict that several people will jump on this reply and claim that they really can make changes happen

well - my answer is :

a - you are deluded
b- you are lying

an animated gif is simply a sequence of image changes and a refresh rate - it can be programmed to change

if you really beleve that you have the power to alter it - try the same tactic with another animated gif selected @ random from the web

if you have the pwer to change the instruction set in one file , you should be able to do it with any file

heck - throw away you KB and mouse and control the computer by the power of your mind

what amazes me is the psychology of such memes and peoples willingness to believe in them

Well I must be A. deluded or B. I am a liar. OR C -- I dont watch it long enough?... or D. you didnt leave it 4 hours and youre a liar. lol (just expanding those possibilitys )

Doesnt make sense its all over the place for me id see tons of switching in 4 hours if I was crazy enough to sit and look at it.

It switched more than 9 times in 20 minutes!? sometimes it stays either way for ages...

It isnt about psychic powers noone said that, WHY would you think that? more like the magic eye puzzles and illusions.

I dont know the basics of animation and making .gifs. You said its random, then you said theres a pattern of 9 switches in 4 hours, so how is that random? I saw many switches in just 20 minutes... but then... Im a liar

I took it apart myself I see the bmp frames... ive played it slow and fast and the switching took longer when I was used to looking at it... then starting to read took it back the other way etc..

Not saying I dont agree with you yet! I just dont know

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Ok, I commented on this one on page one, that I can get it to go both ways. Now you are trying to figure out if it's coded to change or not. I just had my 5 1/2 year old son over my shoulder looking at the picture. He asked me why it kept switching back and forth from counter to clockwise as he saw it, while I watched it rotating counter clockwise at the same time.

He said that's silly that she switches back and forth like that. It was only going counter clockwise for me while I was viewing it. I wanted to see what his perception of it was. BTW, he's also left handed.

I guess it's in each persons' perception, not some coding to switch it back and forth, if we were both seeing something different at the same time.

A_L

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netstriker

By the way its all over the web on different pages and even if you save the gif and watch it in a viewer at a slower rate its still same...

I have a set now of 34 static images that dont move....... now all I have to do is remake them into a gif, without the switch programming... and the gif should animate without ever switching.. is that right?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by another_lurker

Having two persons looking at it at the same time is indeed a good way to verify this. I'll try when the GF comes back...

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
When she spins clockwise her right leg is the one that sticks out, when she spins counter clockwise it is her left leg that sticks out.

How can this be an optical illusion?

Also when she switches rotation i think the point of switching is when both of her legs are just about to cross each other.

Im still not sure about this one, i made her go counter then read another thread i then went back to the gif and she was still going counter, i then made her go clockwise and left it for about 5 mins and she was still going clockwise.

But another time i looked at something else and came back to the gif she was going the opposite rotation than when i left it.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
for those who still can't get it to spin the other way..

Like others have said before.. concentrate on the pivoting foot.. but more than that concentrate on the toes of that pivoting foot... you should see them going in one direction(your natural direction), i.e. left to right or right to left.
Then just imagine it going to other way.. and when that happens just 'zoom out' a bit and to whole lady goes the other way..

very fascinating!

I had a major issues getting her to go counter counterwise until I tried the above method.. Its in the pivoting foot toes!

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I still think it partly has to do with what you are thinking at the moment, are you using left brain or right brain, as your thoughs switch so does she.

Thats it! We control our own perception of reality!! joke

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
gosh!!

with the 'toes method' I can now get her to oscillate without completeing one whole rotation..
She just goes left to right and then right to left..in an angular arc of no more than 180 Degrees!

very cool..
Hope I don't get seizure doing this!

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Works great for me, i seem to be able to make the picture go both ways with little concentration.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I also find that moving the mouse pointer in a circular orbit in line with the hand that sticks out or the foot that is raised helps.
The close one eye and go crosseyed method works for me too.

Another thing to try is to put a notepad window or something over the entire body and just look at the foot and keep refocussing forcing belief it is going the other way.
Try to hide the shadow too as that gives the perception it is going one way too.

Even easier, close your eyes and picture it rotating in the direction you want until you are very confident it is going the way you want in your mind then open your eyes.

And as for the person who insists we are deluded and that its a random animation that actually rotates one way then changes, why not download the gif and put it in a gif program or photoshop. or was you talking tongue in cheek, if so it was a rimshot.

[edit on 14/10/07 by eagle32]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Weird but it is programmed it must be..

I have a folder of the 34 bmps.. running thru slow or fast her right leg is up whether she gos left or right, but close the images and come back in minutes and its changed, the left leg gos up instead..... ive re wrote this post like 4 times........

So its a horizontal flip program but how the hell do bmp images change!?

Animators in the house?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I am a programmer and work with 3d models, I will make the exact same effect, I will post the gif later.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Yeah cool, but still how is it a bmp image can change when stripped from the programmed gif?
I thought they were static like jpegs.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I dont think its random, i think its a matter of perception. I showed this to my mother and her boyfriend and we got some interesting results.

Basically we all sat by the family PC and tried to change its direction at the same time. What we noticed is that for my moms bf, it spun clockwise, while for me it spun counter, and the same for my mother, all at the same time. In other words, the pictures really not changing directions, its how your perceiving the picture that is changing.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It isnt random, a gif is just a series of single images cycling through and looping.
It doesnt matter which way it is officially rotating, because of the depth perception, being a silhouette and the angle it can look like its going either way.
Im working on recreating it and will do a couple of things to show exactly how easy it is to misinterpret what your eyes see and your brain tells you your seeing.
This is really quite apt on this forum.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
So its a genuine scientifically accurately made gif then? If more than one person see it going different directions at the same time.... it must be perception and it is really the brain.......

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by eagle32
It isnt random, a gif is just a series of single images cycling through and looping.
It doesnt matter which way it is officially rotating, because of the depth perception, being a silhouette and the angle it can look like its going either way.
Im working on recreating it and will do a couple of things to show exactly how easy it is to misinterpret what your eyes see and your brain tells you your seeing.
This is really quite apt on this forum.

But what about my folder of the extracted bmp images!? Im still lost... can bmps change on their own? these are changing all the time... I close them and go back to them and they have flipped horizontal..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join